Bassett Unified School District Employee Reviews

Workplace culture was based on a community network outreach and team work collaboration between departments.
School Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAJune 27, 2018
Bassett Unified is a great place to build community and collaborate among departments to meet district goals. Basset Unified has worked parellel with the departments within to tackle areas of improvement on an educational and professional level. BUSD truly cares about their students, teachers, staff, and community.
Benefits
Cons
Budget cuts and Lay-offs
If you know someone in the company its a great place to work
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAJune 23, 2018
A typical day at Bassett High School is working trying to patch up a disaster zone. Instead of the money going to educate the children its going into the pockets of the board members pockets. It is a cut throat place. Not to sound racist if you are Hispanic you have a great chance of staying employed, also if you know people you will stay employed being white. If you work and out shine your co-worker you will become an outcast. A lot of back stabbing and gossip. No free lunches or discount lunch if you are not an Hispanic male. The Cafeteria Manger steals food early in the morning before the rest of the workers get there. The teachers and aides are great people, they are there helping the children become prepared for the future.
Pros
Off on the weekend
Cons
Cut throat paid once a month
Nice place to work.
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Bassett, CAJune 21, 2017
I worked at Bassett USD in 1983-1984. It's been many years since I worked there, but from what I remember, it was a good place to work. The staff was experienced and prepared to carry out their responsibilities.
Pros
It was walking distance from my child care provider.
Wonderful Staff and Principle
Instructional Aide Special Education (Current Employee) –  La Puente, CAJanuary 25, 2017
I completely enjoyed working at Bassett Unified at Edgewood Academy. All the staff was wonderful and so helpful. The vice principle and principle were always there to lend a hand and be supportive. The students were well behaved and I enjoyed ever second of being an aid at that school.
teachers aid
Teacher's aide (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAJanuary 16, 2017
the school got me the job to work as a teachers aid earning minimum wage and i found the experience to be externally rewarding.
work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAMay 24, 2014
busy . good management . always something to do .
loved helping them out
I enjoy working here
Substitute Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  La Puente, CAMarch 24, 2014
The students and staff have all been very helpful in my transition to this new role.
Finding balance in teaching and learning
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CASeptember 5, 2013
The day depended on what grade level I would be guest teaching. I learned that students like to be addressed with a balance of respect and structure. I never had to deal with principles, except on a rare occasion when the students were too hard to handle, but this was avoided as much as possible. I learned much from the permanent teachers. As for the hardest part of the job, some students were not as disciplined as I would have liked, but this was not always the case, so overall I enjoyed working as a guest teacher.
Pros
New challenges with every assignment
Cons
From time to time there were students who were out of line.
Fun and dependable place to work
Substitute Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAJune 4, 2012
Everyone is very helpful and friendly, knowledgeable and willling to help and lend a hand when needed. Fun place to work at especially when you interact with the children. My position was challenging at times because I would have to learn a new task everytime I was placed in a new work site. Overall it was quite an experience getting to learn all the various positions that I was assigned to work for.
Pros
learned many duties for various positions i was assigned too.
Cons
no benefits do to my job title.