Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

Batesville Casket Company
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INFebruary 12, 2019
Great job pays fairly decent. I had to leave this job because I had to move but overall it was a great job. Didn’t take long to get a raise. Constantly training to get more pay and better positions
Pros
Good training
Cons
The pay
It was a good place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJanuary 16, 2019
I would recommend working there the pay was good and so we're the benefits. They were fair with vacation and time off. It's not hard work but is fast paced
Pros
Insurance and pay are both good
Cons
Can't think of anything
not recomended
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNNovember 30, 2018
was on 90 day before benefits and union. after 45 days I was let go as I wasn't a good fit. The people are cut-throat and didn't like me. I tried to learn all I could
Pros
good pay
Cons
Mean people
Each day is the same old thing, no one wants to make a difference
Process Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INOctober 31, 2018
Meeting after start-up, collect and input data to support product quality, another meeting, nothing gets done. I learned nothing related to engineering or technology. Management just wanted to come to work, put their time in and go home. The hourly workforce was only interested in getting through the day or getting overtime for performing work after shift. The hardest part of the job was that casket purchases decrease by 2% per year on average, so there is no incentive to grow the business or make the manufacturing process more efficient. The only incentive is to reduce the hourly work force by as much as sales decrease each year to minimize losses. The job was really not enjoyable at all. The company is being used as a cash cow for the parent company to buy other businesses in order to diversify its holdings so that as casket manufacturing dwindles, the parent company remains in tact and grows. It is necessary in order for the parent company to survive.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
It becomes very boring due to no challenges
Mundane boring work
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNOctober 27, 2018
Worked at Batesville as a Group Lead (Supervisor) for 1 year. Management does not address real issues. They get focused in one area and insist the problems are coming from that area. Group leaders get blamed for everything and are offered up as a sacrifice to the corporate gods when things go in the wrong direction. There is no unity between the line employees and management. Couldn’t tell you how many time I heard management say do this is that so we can disqualify them. I actually believe they enjoy firing people. They spend money on unnecessary equipment and ignor the important machinery that is falling apart around them. I would not recommend this place to anyone who thinks you will go and make a difference. You will be lied about by your direct managers and used as their scape goats. All you hear corporate talk about is integrity, this company has no idea what integrity is!
Pros
Good 401k matching
Cons
No unity between line workers and management
Stay away
Driver Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYOctober 17, 2018
It was an ok place to work. Until they hired a new manager. Then it all went down hill. Pay was good. Hrs sucked. No family time. They always rushing you. Caskets was damaged when leaving to go to customers. They don’t care. You hear it from customers how the company no longer produces high quality caskets, like they did years ago. An I see it also.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Co workers. Management, supervisor. Hrs
Family orientated
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHOctober 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers and my co-workers. Management was supportive and understanding. Willing to allow you to work from home.
Great Staff
Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkOctober 16, 2018
The casket industry is in decline as more people chose to be cremated, and those pressures are felt by all staff and at times unfairly leveled at their associates. Great team members and great products.
Pros
Still #1 in the industry
Cons
Some of the equipment is getting old
it’s a fast paced job
Rough Mill (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 11, 2018
it was a good job. they would work with you if you needed time off. the management was good, but i personally don’t feel like it’s a job for a female.
Over-all I enjoyed my time at Batesville Casket Company.
Driver/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 2, 2018
My position with Batesville was Full-Time CSR Driver. I typically worked an 8 hour day, but occasionally it could be longer. I worked for Batesville for 4 years. Raises were annual and very small.
Very Productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS 39180September 14, 2018
The drive the employees have is outstanding! The have a severe desire to meet production with work finished at its finest quality. They are a strong team with top speed and good humor!
Very Stressful environment
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSSeptember 12, 2018
Working at the Batesville Casket Company was a work in progress. Me personally, i worked for over a year and got no raise, no praise for work or anything of the sorts.The materials were a hassle and the wood and dust had me visiting the doctor on a regular.
High Intensity job with 2 managers breathing down your neck even though they have 3 dock leads on the dock.
Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2018
I was the number 3 guy out of 15 in numbers after only working for the company for 6 months. Instead of being rewarded I was met with extra supervision & the feeling that they didn't want me to excel. They then started to only apply rules to me so they had a documented case of my failings. If you want to excel at Batesville act like you are dumb & need help with the most basic of tasks. The only good part is they play the radio.
Pros
good hours & pay
Cons
Managers think you are after their jobs
A very unorganized and unprofessional company.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 27, 2018
The company used to be the leader in it's industry but unfortunately since the original family (The Hillenbrands) are no longer involved it is being run into the ground. From the quality of the caskets to the way the employees are being treated. They say their associates are their strongest assets but then they treat them unfair/unprofessionally from the manufacturing plants all the way through management. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
The great customers
cut throat
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INAugust 9, 2018
lack of management communication and cut throat in certain areas of the plant. Pay is good, but they just increased the temp time from 60 to 100 working days before hiring.
making changes on the fly or off the hip on a regular bases
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSAugust 8, 2018
Ok place to work. Too many hours of work with little time off. The Plant buys junk machinery and we have to modify and rebuild so that the machines are productive. There are not many electrical schematics, so troubleshooting can be a challenge. People are friendly and good to work with
Great
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 30, 2018
Great place to work but lack of advancement opportunities. Highly would recommend for a starting position to gain experience. Great group of people to work with as well.
They pay good but management is schemy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJuly 21, 2018
Management will give you written warnings for errors you made but because of poor training. Management is always having issues on the daily basis. They also hold off giving employees checks when they want to fire them so they would have to quit.
Pros
Pay well.
Cons
Managers are incompotent
productive place to work
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJuly 13, 2018
I love working at Batesville, even though its was a temporary job placement. The people were awesome, the boss treated me just like the permanently employees. If I could I would go back.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
some days 12 hours shirft
Positive place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 29, 2018
It is a good place to work. I work with a good group of people, have supportive management, and I have learned a lot about warehouse processes. It is not very stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Batesville Casket Company. Our community is ready to answer.