Batesville Casket Company Employee Reviews

A Great Place to work
Group Leader/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMay 17, 2018
This is a good company to work for. I only left due to being a single mom and needing different hours to take care of my daughter. This company appreciates their employees.
Pros
Good People and company
Cons
Crazy hours
Productive busy plant
Customer service professional (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 9, 2018
Excellent place to work , with job advancement, raises and bonuses .They supplied uniforms ,including work boots . New vehicles to drive . In house training
Pros
excellent bonus and raises throughtout career
good work environment
Courier/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 25, 2018
As an Independent Contractor I came in contact with a variety of invidiuals. In al cases they were friendly, helpful, and able to assist me with accomplishing my assigned delivery. Focused on their job, they always took the time to ask how I was and how things were going which in turn I was ask the same. Cordial, polite, but task oriented. It is a good work environment.
A Joke
Confidential (Current Employee) –  batesville indianaApril 4, 2018
Management has no clue how to do jobs. HR is a joke more worried about people wearing ear plugs then anything else. Union reps. run each department and make sure the union members get whatever they want. You can be the best painter in the department but if a union member wants that job they get it. DO NOT work here money is decent but OT only goes to certain people so 40 hrs is about all you get a check. Overall some good people here but would NEVER recommend someone to get a job here.
Pros
Some people
Cons
Management, Hr, Union
Family environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSMarch 29, 2018
Great family environment during the time I worked there. So many folks were supportive of one another (leadership team and hourly). Very sorry to hear the company closed the Batesville, MS plant and transferred business to Mexico.
Seeking advancement; look elsewhere
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2018
Overall staple company in death care industry but there is no organizational structure and management is poor and lacks assertion. No one is accountable for their own work as you are expected to fix the errors of others and do your job with little to no recognition. Many glass ceilings.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Non communication and managemt lacks managerial skills. No advancement opportunities
Excellent company
Rebate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 13, 2018
Excellent company with great benefits. Was very sorry to leave. Great working environment and management was very approachable and responsive. Would recommend.
Feels like home
Manager, Human Resources & Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 1, 2018
Fantastic environment.....down to earth people; focus on developing their associates....at least those that want to be developed; work hard and play hard culture.
Pros
Onsite wellness center
Cons
Lean environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS 38606February 5, 2018
I enjoyed the job and would still be there if plant had not closed down. It was a great experience and a great way to help me secure a future for my family. It offered great benefits.
Micro Managed from the Top
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INJanuary 29, 2018
Not enough input from the field and just told what to do and which boxes to check. Power struggle at the top and they seem to pass that on to the field as well.
A very productive place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSJanuary 21, 2018
I worked for Batesville Casket Company for 20 years. I was a very dedicated worker and was always prompt. We were on a point system and i never came close to pointing out. My supervisor was always concerned and helpful toward me while my wife was going through a lot of sickness they were so patient from the beginning until so got all the way well. When we were open i always recommend job openings. This was really disappointing for me to lose out of a really good company.
Pros
Over time when needed
Cons
Temperature was always hot in every area of the plants
It was okay
RDC (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJanuary 19, 2018
The job wasn't difficult. I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with were very friendly. It was physically difficult work but easily done. I like the job.
Great coworkers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Driver management was the worse. They would tell to do something, knowing it wasn’t right. When they are asked about, they’ll throw u under the bus. Coworkers were the best. U had to unload caskets at different stops. Often between 50 and 110. U are constantly hooking doubles”at certain locations”. Will write u up or fire u, for the smallest things. Pay is good, but management has a mega sized arrogance about them selves.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and coworkers
Cons
Management and working holidays
Stable Company
Customer Business Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INDecember 4, 2017
This company is fair to their employees and constantly training them on various issues that have to do with H.R. issues and what they expect from them. They are a great company to work for
Pros
Treat everyone with respect
Awesome place & awesome people
Business Intelligence Developer (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INNovember 16, 2017
Everything is going great and people are very friendly and approachable. Its a good company where we are expected to have great work ethics and contribute positively under all circumstances.
Great work environment company is invested in their employees.
Technology Solutions Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INOctober 27, 2017
I spent the whole summer working as an intern in their Technology solutions team. We serviced internal solutions and systems for the company and I was astonished that within the second day I was already started on my project that I was tasked with all summer. The team was amazing and very helpful with any new task I was trying to learn. The company is fully vested in developing talent from within and overall is a great place to work. Upper management has an open door policy and was more than willing to meet and talk about the company, their roles, and their impact/vision on the direction of the company.
Depressing Place
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNOctober 23, 2017
Push production, fire fighters and no team work. Quality resources sat in the office most of the day. Veteran supervisors knew everything and workers on the floor never involved with changes. Extremely dirty environment / atmosphere. Very depressing company to work for.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
know it all managers, very dirty enviroment
fun workplace
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 16, 2017
management was always training employees on new machines or tools. Everyone had fun while working together. Management was very hands on in all departments
Fast paced but fun environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 4, 2017
I worked the night shift on the dock for a short time before relocating to another town. During my time, I enjoyed getting to learn the job and my manager was top notch. He was very patient and allowed me to learn all aspects of the job. The pay was good and the benefits were great.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Night Shift
Good work place
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INOctober 3, 2017
I like working here been her 17 years driver for few months worked in plant before I became a driver good money a lot of night driving not much home time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Batesville Casket Company. Our community is ready to answer.