Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 4,992 reviews matching the search See all 5,396 reviews
Energetic and fun work environment
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Highland, INJuly 18, 2018
A typical work day at Bath and Body works included providing strong customer services to customers in the store making sure all their needs and wants were met. I learned many communication and people skills while working for this company. Everyone who worked for this company was friendly and high spirited! The hardest part of this position was being on my feet for long hours at a time. The most enjoyable part about this job position was learning all the new products and helping customers ensuring they left the store happy with their new purchases.
Pros
All day interaction with people/customers
Cons
lake work hours during floor sets
Fun and challenging
Slt/keyholder (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 18, 2018
I am a keyholder/slt currently at BBW. Prior to BBW I was a dept sup at HD. I LOVE my store and coworkers. At Home Depot I experienced alot of petty and juvenile actions. I feel appreciated and included. Plus this yr part time associates now recieve pto 20 hours every 6 month!!!!
Bath and Body Works Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 18, 2018
Bath and Bodyworks is a good ethical company I enjoyed working with. I enjoyed interacting with customers and telling them about our deals and promotions.
Cut and Consice
Top Seller (Current Employee) –  Potomac Mills, VAJuly 18, 2018
Come to work do your job and leave. Do not let anyone on your team fall behind because that reflects on you and just always be yourself. Make sure you just stick the customers making sure you uncover lead and have the ability to learn quickly when dealing with product knowledge! overall good company!
Pros
Wonderful Co-workers
Cons
Different personalities in the work
i was only a seasonal employee
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 18, 2018
Overall i thought it was a pretty nice place to work but i was only there for 5 weeks so not really much to go on. I was older than most of the employees so i felt like the level of professionalism could have been higher.
fun and exciting work place
Cashier Lead/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJuly 17, 2018
i worked at bbw while i was in cosmetology school and they really worked with my schedule and the managers were good about teaching us our roles and having fun at work while working with customers.
Very organized and balanced company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 17, 2018
This was an amazing company to work for. They were always very fair and I got a raise twice. They offer paid maturity leave which is amazing. They gave the best return policy.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Healthcare
Could be better
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 17, 2018
The typical day was working the cash register and restocking, I didn't really learn much there. Management did not keep consistent schedules. The culture could be improved among co-workers. Hardest part was angry customers and unfriendly co-workers, most enjoyable all the new products.
Pros
discount on products
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, unfriendly enviornment
Fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 17, 2018
It was a very customer relation focused job. You are very intuned with the customers' needs, wants and preferences. Customer service is highly valued.
$11 per hr but little hours per month
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MIJuly 16, 2018
Pays $11 hourly which is a pro, but they don't offer steady hours. I am rarely scheduled for more than 4 hours in a day and just wish I could take on more hours. Plus, management isn't the best. I wasn't trained effectively, no managers took time to actually help me complete a task I needed assistance with. We access our schedule through one of the lbrand websites and a lot of the time I have difficulties pulling my schedule up. They schedule a week ahead of time which is nice, yet I'm usually scheduled for maybe a week or two for the whole month.
fun and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2018
fun work environment. regular furthered learning videos as part of the job, very organized and identifies with corporate culture. work as a team to achieve sales quota.

some quarterly late nights to reset the displays for their seasonal product or promotional use
Very Busy and Unorganized
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLJuly 16, 2018
My original thoughts of this business was that it would be a fun enviroment. I was wrong. My shift would be scheduled from 5pm-9pm as this was my second job but most nights I wouldn’t get out until 10pm or 11pm. The management was not very good and I ended up leaving this employer.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Fun place to work my management team is the best .
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ValenJuly 14, 2018
The company is wonderful. Have a lot of perks working for the company . They stand by their products and 100% guarantee on everything. Love this place would recommend anyone to come and work here .
Pros
30 minutes lunches
Cons
No set days off
Great atmosphere
Keyholder/Floorset Lead (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJuly 13, 2018
I loved working at Bath & Body Works! I learned so much while I was there. The work can be fast paced around the holidays, and you have to be able to sell to work there, but it is so enjoyable! The company treats their employees so great too! They truly care about their employees well being.
Cons
They hire people promising hours, then say there's none to give.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 13, 2018
I was hired with the promise of 15-20 hours per week to start, then it would increase according to my sales numbers. my sales numbers were great! But the overall sales of the store didn't match the number of people they hired and KEPT hiring. This left no accumulating hours for ANYONE except the managers in the store.
Pros
Discounts, get to try great products, feel & smell amazing
Cons
No hours, no money, means can't pay bills
Great management structure
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 13, 2018
While working at Bath and Body Works, I felt that I could always approach management and received helpful feedback to help develop myself professionally.
Awesome
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
Awesome place to work! You learn essential sales and customer service skills which serves as is a very helpful and interchangeable skill. Bath & Body works was a great experience!
Fun seasonal jon to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJuly 12, 2018
The place was fun to work at, only once you got the hang of it and started learning a lot about their products. My first day was Black Friday and I was put on register and nearly passed out. But there was a woman behind me the whole time telling what to do until I finally got the hang of it. Workers are nice and helpful
Pros
greeting environment
Cons
how strong that place smells all the time
Love their products
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 12, 2018
This was a seasonal position so I didn't get as much experience with it. The season was Fast paced and fun. Excellent management kept the store running very smoothly.
Working at Bath and Body Works is a rewarding job because you get to assist people.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VA/Wheaton MarylandJuly 12, 2018
A typical work day would include opening/counting money from the day before. Setting the mood for the day with staff by giving encouraging words. Answering e mails, resolving customer complaints via phone and in the store. Ensuring that the store is stocked and looking presentable.
At the end of the day count deposits and ensure the store is in order for the following day. The hardest part of the day is satisfying complaining customers and resolving problems with staff.
The most enjoyable part of the day is when you are able to resolve the complaints and customers walk away happy.
Pros
The gratities received as new products come out.
Cons
Irregular breaks and lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
41.7K
31K

Diversity score

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bath & Body Works.

Powered by Comparably