Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 5,440 reviews matching the search See all 5,893 reviews
fun relaxed work space
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXDecember 17, 2018
managers are nice and coworkers are cool
great lunch rooms and nice customers sometimes
relaxed environment
also had a small workspace and nice location
Pros
food provided
Cons
hours
Wonderful work environment and friendly coworkers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CADecember 17, 2018
I had an amazing time when I worked at Bath & Body Works. The only issue was the lack of hours. I worked maybe three or four days out of an entire month and it was not suitable for my living situation to have only that many hours.
Fun and Scents!
Seller/Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 16, 2018
I loved working there, I got to help customers leave with scents that they loved. Whether it was getting them their new body fragrance or a new candle.
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment and how to properly greet and break away from customers, so that everyone gets greeted and taken care of as soon as they walk in.
It was hard when there was a high volume of customers, but overall we worked as a team and it was with that team that we were able to get through difficult days.
Cons
No benefits
How much I love my job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 16, 2018
I love my job management is amazing seasoned workers are amazing I love my team. Most customers are nice .i love to run the cash rep because I love helping people with coupons and getting the best deal
Pros
Food, friendly, great teamwork
Cons
Seasonal workers
Good first time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXDecember 16, 2018
Bath and body works is a good place to get started when looking for employment. They job itself is easy. You learn customer service skills and computer skills.
Overall as an employee
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIDecember 16, 2018
I would say working at Bath & Body Works is a great place to work since they have a great spirit and atmosphere to help sell their products and promote new ways to make your home or yourself smell great. I love working with positive people and having a great time at work. Even during Black Friday rush hours, I still enjoyed working for this company.
Bath and Bodyworks a Temporary solution
Cashier/Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2018
If you want to love your job but hate that you cant work more this is the place for you. I am so in love with BBW, My mangers, and what I do. I really just cant stand that your lucky to get maybe 10 hours a week. If you want Full Time you have to be a manger and in order to become a manger here is almost impossible. I have nothing bad to say about BBW they love their employees I just wish they would give us enough hours to live so we wouldn't need extra jobs.
Pros
Amazing environment, Awesome Coworkers, Good Breaks
Cons
Almost no chance at Full time
fast work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 14, 2018
working at bath and body I cant tell you much, they do get busy really fast and you have to move fast and help a lot of customers at once. I dont really know my co workers I recoomend you to be a very energetic person to work here.
Love Bath&Body works, the atmosphere and the product s, way before working there. It was fun.
Top Seller (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLDecember 13, 2018
For top sellers, when ever new product launched,or season change, we would get gratis, and it was amazing to have the opportunity to try the product at home, and to be able to demo this to buyers with confidence. I like the fact, that there's a product for everyone, and for almost all age, and gender.
Worst job ever!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 13, 2018
Please do not consider working at the Mall of Louisiana location if you expect to be treated fairly. The managers are spiteful and petty. They cut hours and send you home for no real reason. I missed a day because I couldn’t find a babysitter. They said everything was fine. A day later I was scheduled to work and they called me an hour before I was scheduled to come in and told me they canceled my shift. Two days later I was scheduled to work and they sent me home after working only 2 hours! All because I missed a day of work! The managers are very unprofessional and I will never consider working for this particular location again!
Pros
Great customers, clean environment
Cons
Unprofessional managers, co workers
fair
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 13, 2018
Sales driven environment. Demotion if goals are not met. Usually only hires seasonal. Management is good. Not a lot of room for promoting...timely process.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
short breaks, no fulltime, no benefits
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2018
Very relaxing job when slow love the discounts manager works with you far as your schedule . Employees are respectful it’s organized, you get to try new things
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No payed vacation
terrible management
Sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 13, 2018
Management and job culture is terrible at bath and body works. all that the management cares about is selling as much as possible even if it makes the customer uncomfortable.
Loved the employees and working in the store itself, did not like store manager
Temporary Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 12, 2018
At first I loved everything about working at Bath and Body works. But, as time went on I got to know behind the walls and become closer to the store manager. I also had conversions featuring my fellow co-workers. My store manager has been known to lie and switch her words. She does not 100% in each of her employees. She also can get a little bit snarky if something is said that she doesn't agree with
The worse company ever to work for!!!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 12, 2018
management is terrible she never knew what she was doing and the dm was even worse. its an unfair company to work for even though they say its equal opportunity....it's absolutely not!!!!! your schedule is never consistent at all and they will change your shift at the shortest notice or won't tell you at all that they have changed your schedule. the best part about BBW is the customers i've encountered.
Pros
pay
Cons
unorganized deceitful management
Not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Griffith, INDecember 12, 2018
Management was not willing to work with my school schedule for on-call shifts. The on-call call time is very strict. I felt there was no room for advancement although the manager didn’t like me. I didn’t feel inspired to work hard or contribute more than was necessary. I didn’t enjoy working there or the strict customer service requirements. Their welcoming standards are very aggressive and I would personally not enjoy the experience as a customer either. No benefits offered outside of salary employees
Pros
Free things occasionally
Cons
Everything else
Fast-Pace Work Enviroment
Supervisor/ Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 12, 2018
GO, GO, GO.
Great when store is busy. Time passes quickly. You get to help a lot of people. Generally the people shopping are happy.

Work live balance can be a struggle.
Very fun place to work and the discounts are great!
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MODecember 11, 2018
This company is amazing. I’m in school and they have always been completely flexible with what I was available to work. Plus, we get a 30% discount on all full-pricesd merchandise!
Greedy with hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 11, 2018
I got great hours at the beginning because of the holidays, then they gave me one shift a week after that because of the budget they give to pay their employees. Managers worked every shift and they had one extra person working with them, all while having about 25+ employees.
benefits
Cons
hours, management, budget, everything
been a while, but nice overall
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 10, 2018
i have not been employed by BBW for a while now, and the management i was under has since left, but i enjoyed my time there and was given encouragement my superiors in my other endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
41.9K
31.2K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight