Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 6,035 reviews matching the search See all 6,565 reviews
Very friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJune 25, 2019
Very good environment, all of the workers are very helpful when it comes to taking on new tasks. Always willing to help each other out. Very good to its employees as well as customers.
Pros
excellent employees
Cons
Scheduling complications
fun place to work, but can be stressful in the small building during sale days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 25, 2019
I really enjoyed working here, despite the stress that came during the holiday sale season. The coworkers were very nice and extremely helpful when I did not know how to do something.
Part Time
Retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 25, 2019
Working there is a friendly place. There are a lot of smells to choose from and work with. It is a good place to work on customer service skills and selling.
Productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILJune 25, 2019
It was a great experience for me to work with the public and introducing them to products in the store. Helping them to find new products for them to use for their home and making them to have a good experience at Bath and Body Works.
Unfair Work Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJune 25, 2019
I was hired and trained as a sales associate. After the final training date, I was never scheduled again even after attempting to talk to the woman in charge of scheduling. They would only put the same 4 or 5 people on and although the team was very nice, it was unfair to be terminated due to a lack of scheduling activity in their system. Nobody attempted to reach out to me and I was never formally fired. I simply found out I had been terminated after attempting to check the online schedule and being sent back to login because my employee number was not valid. I would NOT recommend this work place. Every time I go in there it’s still the same 4-5 people working.
Organized workplace with clear goals
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 24, 2019
They have tried and true methods of selling to customers that you are encouraged to follow. Use them, and you're golden. Management varies by location but I've been lucky enough to have understanding and encouraging management. It gets a little stressful around the holidays and it increases in stress as you climb up the ladder but that's to be expected. It's a nice, clean, relatively easy place to work.
fun place to work
Retail and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDJune 24, 2019
always exciting, great people, great discounts. treat you like a human and take into consideration that you have things going on in your life. Definitely recommend.
Fast-Paced Retail Sales in Fun Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXJune 24, 2019
Overall, I thoroughly enjoy the job. It is fast paced (particularly during sale season) yet simple to grasp. Our location is well-staffed, so I don't feel that too much work falls onto one person. The pay is more than I have made at higher positions in previous employment. My co-workers and management are friendly, helpful, and constructive. The only downside (for the moment) is the lack of hours. Mind you, I knew going into the position that the hours would not be full part time. Hard work will help me earn more hours, and the schedule is flexible enough to work around a second job, so I don't see that one complaint sufficient enough to offset the good.
Stressful
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2019
Workers would never come to work, some of the management members are complete jokes! Most are overlooked for raises, or job advancement. Worked 4 years as a key holder, and had to consistently train management above me.
Pros
Seeing what new products come out
Cons
Managment, pay, benefits
Productive, fun work environment.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highland Village, TXJune 24, 2019
A seasonal day consist of fast-paced checking out customers. Helping customers find what they need and/or recommending products. Lots of discounts everyday.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks, some times not enough hours due to being a seasonal associate.
Its a fun place to work,,
Bath and Body Works Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 23, 2019
Bath and body is a really fun environment to work at, all the different products available to learn about - always something new.
Hours are limited. Otherwise its great.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NYJune 22, 2019
- long hours with floor sets
- greetings
- Learned sales
- Hardest part was the customers
- people are never satisfied
-loved the products
- Loved the people i worked with.
The brand
Higher Volume Top Seller (Current Employee) –  Christiana, DEJune 22, 2019
The overall environment at bath and body works is a fun one to work in. Everyone is passionate about the brand and about eachother, we wear our gingham proudly and we share that pride with the world. We come together and help each other out when we need the help and we stick by each other to help one another grow and challenge ourselves to further more push the limit.
Pros
Discount, breaks, management is friendly, passionate coworkers and customers, yearly raises, easy promotions through the ranks.
Cons
Honestly no cons
No hours for seasonal hires
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 21, 2019
I loved working here. They let me work in the back helping with shipment because my social awkwardness didn't fit the cashier or floor sales positions. My coworkers were pleasant and kind to me during my short time there; however, for the seasonal position i was working, i was one of (according to the hiring manager) 90 new hires. this means i got very minimal hours. i didn't work for almost and entire month after i was hired, so i wasn't mentally, skillfully, or physically prepared for the holiday rush. on thanksgiving evening i was squished in between about 8 other cashiers under a bright hot light, with no air flow, so i became overheated very quickly.
i was working at maximum 10 hours on a good week and it wasn't enough combined with my other job so i ended up losing my apartment and having to quit
Pros
flexible responsibilities, friendly staff, understanding management
Cons
no hours, minimum training
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJune 21, 2019
Bath and Body Works was a great place to work! The people are so wonderful and the job is fun while also being important to running the store smoothly.
Fun environment but poor management
TEMPORARY KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 20, 2019
Loved the benefits and working there however poor management made our coworkers and I waste time. There was no verbal communication between all managers.
fun but few hours
Associate (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 20, 2019
At least at the north point location, they do not offer many hours but is a great place to work! Very friendly and allow tattoos, as long as it isn't profane.
Poor management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ala Moana Park, HIJune 20, 2019
A very fast paced environment with a lot of pressure to exceed goals. If you do not meet goal, be prepared to have your shift cut. The schedule is inconsistent and can change after it is posted. Employees are classified as part-time but they are really working full-time hours thus no benefits are offered.
Fun and familiar
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 20, 2019
I enjoyed working for the company. I had years of experience with BBW. The Codding Town location was not a very busy location it catered to an older clientele which was nice to work with. The team is very friendly.
Busy workspace with Non-stop customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJune 20, 2019
My overall experience working there was nothing out of the ordinary, it was not in anyway fun or really enjoyable. Constantly lifting and moving heavy boxes along with refilling the shelves with products.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.1K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bath & Body Works.

Powered by Comparably