Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

United States8,602 reviews

Found 8,602 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,469 reviews

n/a

Very friendly environment to work in. Great work life balance with help building accomplishments within the company.

Okay at first

In the beginning I loved it! But the customers can be so horrible and disrespectful. The job itself is easy but again, the customers are the worst. WI does not have a rewards program so that makes it so difficult for the workers. Collecting phone & emails is required. Free products are a plus!!

Bath & Body Works insights

Based on 5,184 survey responses
What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun work place

Enjoyed working here. Expect weekends and floor sets. Customers are generally happy. Management was good. Lots of work around holidays. Liked what I did there

great place

awesome place to work! it always gets the most busy on week ends but other then that, super easy. managers work with your schedule pretty well and they are all very nice

absolutely no hours

they don’t give you hours and you only work once or twice a week sometimes you won’t work a week straight , highly NOT recommended unless you have a job but you’re looking for another gig. overall it’s a fun and friendly environment and you meet great people everyday!

It's Okay

I mean, working here it's an okay 1st job but it's not something I would stay with. Just to learn a couple of things and find another job tbh. You don't get enough Paytime.

Overall a great first sales job

The discounts where great which included all L brands. However the management wasn’t the best. Always fighting over sales and they definitely had favorites. No room for improvement or growth. There was however a lot of great friendships that came along with this job, and it’s great if you are sales driven

Good team environment

The environment with the team is great and hours are good for students but management is what brings the moral down and ruins the job. Holiday season is the most busy resulting in good hours but very low hours after holidays.

Fun and Fragrant

Honestly it was one of the most fun jobs I have had. I do get headaches from the smell so be careful if you get headaches easily. Te most tiring but fun nights were the nights we changed displays. You would be there from around 10pm to 3-4 am setting up the store but there was good music and food and everyone got along. overall. good place to get experience in customer service and retail.

best ever

the funnest job i have ever had in my entire life. management rocks, seriously amazing. if you have an issue and take it to management it will be fixed within days. they have their stuff figured out. seriously so amazing

Fun place to work

I loved my co workers. They always made it fun to go to work and I loved all the product we carried. It was a very different experience from all the other retail jobs I’ve worked at

Pros

Gratis and fun co workers

Both productive and a safe space.

Since I was hired in November 2020 I can’t help but feel like Bath and Bodyworks was the perfect place for me. It’s a healthy friendly environment run by even friendlier management.

Pros

Management cares about well being and personal health

Outlets bath and body is awful

I worked the outlets (bath and body) and the managers there were awful. See the store is now managed by two best friends. Always have two faces there!

Pros

Cons

Managers suck

Pretty good!

Coming into this job , I was worried I wouldn't adjust quickly to retail work. I shocked myself since I'm now confident with talking to people to help sell products. I've also learned so much in a short amount of time thanks to a very strong management team. My only complaint is that I and other associates will not get enough hours or get their hours cut.

Very fast paced. The show must go on so many employees are overworked.

The company does an excellent job of being all inclusive.Difficult to have work life balance. Company sends cookies and snacks often/money for a fill the fridge but would have preferred better compensation.

Management was not great

When I was there, it was ok but you only got hours if you sold product. If you weren't scheduled for the weekend, there was no way of being a top seller.

Overall good place to work part time.

I was hired on as a full time employee and worked a good amount of hours each week. It was overall pretty good except for after the holiday season ended they cut my hours own to like 6-8 a week. which considering I was hired on BEFORE they hired seasonal people I was very disappointed. The management is also very difficult when it comes to giving time off even under special circumstances for instance weddings, birthdays, anniversaries. Only good excuse for not showing up was covid :(

Decent

Good while there is work. They might secretly fire you after the holidays. Happy holidays to all! They stop adding you to the schedule and then they take you out of the system.

Great people who care about their customers and support each other!

I loved working at Bath and body works ... we work as a team and are part of a great big family while assisting customers and helping each other. Looking forward to another great seasonal season with my friends!

Pros

Free body care samples for all workerd

Fun Place to Work

I loved my time working here and management was great, but it was hard getting enough hours during the off season. Tasks were well defined and easy to follow. It was definitely a good experience, especially if you need a flexible schedule and have a good social presence!

Good Job!

Bath and body works is such a great company to work for and I love being apart of them. I have no complaints at all except the pay should be a bit better since they are such a big company but other then that, it’s a great job.

Common questions about Bath & Body Works

Answered by current and former employees at Bath & Body Works

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bath & Body Works.
Powered byComparably