Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 5,734 reviews matching the search See all 6,238 reviews
It was a pretty solid job and the people were nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMarch 18, 2019
The products were easy to sell. They paid $10 per hour. I enjoyed working on the floor sets. It felt like we needed to get this done. A lot of pressure. Though it also was kind of fun. It felt like I was being paid for a group project. Just set it up accordingly and be paid.
Pros
-decent salary
Cons
-floor sets during Christmas time
Productive and fun at first
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2019
A typical work day was very busy, however, you were never working by yourself. You are expected to be there for your shift as well as be "on call" which could range from any time before or after your shift. The most enjoyable part would be working as a team. Also, I did not know my position was seasonal until the interview.
Pros
Discounts, 30 minute breaks
Cons
lack of communication
very good experience
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLMarch 18, 2019
very good managers, no nonsense group and everyone is goal oriented. everyone is told to always stay busy and we try to keep the store in its best condition.
Busy environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 18, 2019
It is a very busy store especially during holidays which is when I apply to work. Hours are performance based, they love energetic, fun employees. Lots of lifting, unpacking of boxes expected as product moves fast and the store needs constant replenishing.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Fast paced, short shifts once holidays are over
decent workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 18, 2019
Very busy candle day and black friday, fun workplace with friendly staff and management along with excellent customer service.Decent pay per hour, not too stressful
Pros
discount
Cons
short lunches
fun workforce
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 18, 2019
great working experience i actually miss working for the company. the people that trained me where friendly and open i just had an bad experience when it came to getting to work.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
too far and i was discriminated against by the surrounding police department
Productive and fun work place.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2019
Bath and body works is a great place to work at. In my 6 months of working there I have learned a lot in sales and communication. Since working for bath and body works I have become better in sales and customer service.
Only seasonal but that was all it took
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 17, 2019
This was THE BEST JOB I've ever had ever. And I'm not just biased because it's my favorite place to shop, it really is fantastic. I got to work with products that I'm closely familiar with and basically walk around getting paid to shop with customers. It was only a seasonal position, however, it was still the most fulfilling time I've ever had working anywhere. I didn't get that feeling of exhaustion that you get from most jobs, I was always excited to go back. The ONLY downside is that they get overwhelmed with how busy it gets during the holiday season. They pay is great and my coworkers were even better. Everyone works as a unit and the atmosphere is always light hearted. It is evident that everyone cares about one another. This place is truly a paradise and it made me 100% loyal to the brand.
Pros
Flexible hours, management, friendly atmosphere
Overall
Customer Service Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2019
Bath and Body Works is an amazing company to be employed. Management is always available and they monitor you to become a better sales person. The environment is always uplifting.
Pros
Gratis
Great Part-Time Job for School
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 16, 2019
I love working at Bath & Body works! At first it will seem difficult and overwhelming but you will get the hang of it very quickly. I started out as seasonal but they asked me to stay. The environment is kind of competitive because you have to work hard to make sales, but everyone becomes friends and it is a very fun environment to be in.
Pros
Fun environment, fun products
Cons
Not many hours, competition to make sales
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2019
I enjoyed working at Bath and Body Works very much and only left due to an unforeseen and mandatory re-location. Lots to do, many people to interact with, new products arriving all the time, getting to experience different seasonal looks in the store and having fun helping customers find just the right thing!
Bath and Body Works Manager (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 16, 2019
Very friendly co workers
Team driven environment
Flexible hours
Speedy but efficient working environment
There are quite a few benefits like helping with college, money, maternity/ paternity benefits.
Raises are available
You can move up in the company
Pros
Fun work place
A very negative environment for entry level employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 15, 2019
My coworkers and I did not receive praise, only ridicule. There was no support or encouragement. We had to do exactly what they told us too no matter the consequence. During the remodel of our store, many employees were asked to carry and hold more than we were supposed to, and were injured in the process. Some were dehydrated and were still limited to a 15 minute break in an 8 hour shift
Of hard labor with little to no food or drink. They worked us like slaves and I’ll never work for LBrands again.
Pros
Decent discount.
Cons
Rude management, overworked, not flexible at all.
Good Job
Floor Set Associate, Sales (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 15, 2019
It's a great job but it's a fast paced environment, and you have to be willing to life very heavy boxes, climb ladders, and run around to get everything done in a timely manner.
Pros
good pay, fun atmosphere
Cons
hard work
Good First Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 15, 2019
For the first year, I worked on the sales floor. Then I was moved to the cash register. Both positions consisted of reaching a transaction goals everyday which determines your hours. The hardest part of the job is reaching your transaction goal. I average 5-10 hours a week which is expected. Unless you're SLT, you don't get many hours. Management was amazing. My managers motivated us to sell and demo everyday. We had to maintain a good conversion rate and sales plan. Sometimes the goals are unrealistic especially on slow days. The most enjoyable part is your coworkers and the gratis every floor-set.
Pros
Gain selling skills, fun work environment
Cons
Sales goals
Pretty chill and not very hard
Part-time Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 14, 2019
It’s really not a hard job, as long as you aren’t a total slacker and have common sense it’s relatively easy to do a good or adequate job. You also get free products sometimes when you do a good job.
Pros
Free products when your store does well
Cons
Black Friday
Great work environment but also not an easy job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 14, 2019
I like to refer to Bath and body Works as the car dealers of retail. It is a sales-based company and it does require you to represent company standards at all times which means putting a lot of work into knowing your product knowledge and delivering great customer service as well as making sure the store it’s self is presentable and represents the company standards as well. If you are someone coming into the store for the first time as an associate it can be a lot to take in, in the beginning. However, it is a great company to work for they do often times offer incentive to work harder it can be a little competitive and hours are not consistent which can be really tough sometimes but the Company does value it’s employees.
Pros
Great company, gives employees incentive to work harder, opportunity to grow in the company, pays well compared to other retail employers
Cons
Fluctuating hours, can be competitive, hard work and requires lots of product knowledge
Great product for the body.
CO- STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZMarch 14, 2019
Working at BBW on a daily basis is not overly challenging. Most customers have their favorite fragrance and you are helping them maximize their purchase through the promotions. New fragrances are a great way to get customers to try and expand their favorites. The giftsets are a great deal and usually you can be able to switch fragrances ( of like product/price pt) to customize the gift. Great gift bags that are unusual.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
floorset on Christmas Eve
Great Team
Sales Support and Replenishment (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 14, 2019
individual contributor position responsible for supporting the business on high volume days with the ability to flex into multiple roles including selling, cashiering, replenishing and/or processing. Drive store sales through personally engaging with customers, answering questions, perform demonstrations, and product recommendations.
good place to work
Sales Clerk - (part time) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 13, 2019
this job started as a seasonal part time job for extra money. after Christmas I was asked to stay on and I did for 3 years, I enjoyed the customer contact and all the bath n body products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42K
31.2K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight