Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 4,980 reviews matching the search See all 5,383 reviews
Fun place to work my management team is the best .
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ValenJuly 14, 2018
The company is wonderful. Have a lot of perks working for the company . They stand by their products and 100% guarantee on everything. Love this place would recommend anyone to come and work here .
Pros
30 minutes lunches
Cons
No set days off
Great atmosphere
Keyholder/Floorset Lead (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJuly 13, 2018
I loved working at Bath & Body Works! I learned so much while I was there. The work can be fast paced around the holidays, and you have to be able to sell to work there, but it is so enjoyable! The company treats their employees so great too! They truly care about their employees well being.
Cons
They hire people promising hours, then say there's none to give.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 13, 2018
I was hired with the promise of 15-20 hours per week to start, then it would increase according to my sales numbers. my sales numbers were great! But the overall sales of the store didn't match the number of people they hired and KEPT hiring. This left no accumulating hours for ANYONE except the managers in the store.
Pros
Discounts, get to try great products, feel & smell amazing
Cons
No hours, no money, means can't pay bills
Great management structure
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 13, 2018
While working at Bath and Body Works, I felt that I could always approach management and received helpful feedback to help develop myself professionally.
Awesome
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
Awesome place to work! You learn essential sales and customer service skills which serves as is a very helpful and interchangeable skill. Bath & Body works was a great experience!
Fun seasonal jon to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJuly 12, 2018
The place was fun to work at, only once you got the hang of it and started learning a lot about their products. My first day was Black Friday and I was put on register and nearly passed out. But there was a woman behind me the whole time telling what to do until I finally got the hang of it. Workers are nice and helpful
Pros
greeting environment
Cons
how strong that place smells all the time
Love their products
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 12, 2018
This was a seasonal position so I didn't get as much experience with it. The season was Fast paced and fun. Excellent management kept the store running very smoothly.
Working at Bath and Body Works is a rewarding job because you get to assist people.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VA/Wheaton MarylandJuly 12, 2018
A typical work day would include opening/counting money from the day before. Setting the mood for the day with staff by giving encouraging words. Answering e mails, resolving customer complaints via phone and in the store. Ensuring that the store is stocked and looking presentable.
At the end of the day count deposits and ensure the store is in order for the following day. The hardest part of the day is satisfying complaining customers and resolving problems with staff.
The most enjoyable part of the day is when you are able to resolve the complaints and customers walk away happy.
Pros
The gratities received as new products come out.
Cons
Irregular breaks and lunch breaks
Good company to work for....
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 12, 2018
Bath and Body Works is an iconic company to work for, and the Limited Brands offers amazing benefits for its full-time employees. Most customers have been shopping at the company since its inception.
Pros
Amazing benefits and pay
Cons
Customers have high expectations of the product
Bath and Body
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CA 95610July 12, 2018
I didn't enjoy working there at all. my manager was very disorganized and very rude and also scheduling was terrible. There was times that I wouldn't work for 2 weeks straight.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Scheduling was horrible
Fun environment, standard work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLJuly 12, 2018
The atmosphere of working with B&BW is definitely a fun one that promotes building connections with customers to encourage them to return, but outside of that it's a normal retail job. They also run their payroll based on what they're making in the week, so there's a good chance of your hours getting cut hard, and it's not a surprise if you only get one shift per week in slower months.
Busy and fun work place
Stocker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 12, 2018
With a work place filled with nothing but girls they’re was quite a bit of drama which made it not so fun to work at times. There was so much tension in the room, but other than that i enjoyed my time when I was there. You do have quite a bit of meetings and you get free samples of fragrances coming out.
Okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAJuly 11, 2018
was not a bad place to work but I was hired and barely recieved not a lot, if any hours and they would make me work at nights to stock the store, which was not my job title. Good place to work, the only that made it terrible was barely any hours.
Pros
free products
Cons
no hours
Asheville's store is a mess
Top Seller (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 11, 2018
Worked there with my communications degree for 1.5 years, and was promised a supervising position. I applied from within and the manager denied me for "not fitting criteria," but would not tell me what criteria I did not fit. I'm crime free, clear record, with a degree, and work experience and didn't fit the criteria. I ended up being a "top seller" which means they work you 39 hours a week with no benefits and a small pay raise-- and your still part time.

When there was an older manager there, which is not there anymore, work was absolutely ridiculous. People would steal things in their baby carts and carriages, you would have to constantly be in the front and if you took a toe out of the front zone to speak to a customer in the middle zone you would get reprimanded verbally.

Company itself is OK, and with right management it would be a nice place for extra cash. Floorsets are awful from management because of their expected hours to work, all the employees call out on floorset, and on top of that? some of the managers still working there have anger issues and decide to take it out on the employees under them.

They need some serious restructuring before I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
sometimes you get a free pocketbac
Cons
no breaks, "promised" 15 minute breaks never happen, store attitude, sales goals are ridiculous
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 11, 2018
I had a great time working here. It was fun and fast paced. It was something new everyday and it was extra money for the holidays. I would recommend to friends
One of the best jobs that I ever had. I loved working for this company.
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 11, 2018
Bath and body works had one of the best positive working atmosphere places that I have ever worked for. I loved working here. I will never forget the customers and the work crews in the 5 years I worked there. I loved making people happy and learning what everyoned favorite scents were.
Pros
They promoted me twice
Cons
They eliminated my job position
Wonderful place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 10, 2018
Management was fantastic, she was really kind and caring but also made sure you got your job done. Had talks with you daily and kept you motivated. Floors sets were the worst but as a team we got it accomplished with laughs.
Pros
Exciting.
Cons
Odd hours.
It was a nice place to work in.
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJuly 10, 2018
A typical day was normally relaxed until the Holidays came around. I was a seasonal hire because two of the managers were going on maternity leave at the same time so they hired myself and two other women as assistant managers but we ran the store. We were responsible for money in the registers, for damaged products, loss prevention, shipment, and taking care of the customer. The hardest part was dealing with difficult customer, which i have a lot of patience with, but there were many times people were upset because we wouldn't accept expired coupons. The most enjoyable part was the work environment, it always smelled nice and my co-workers were easy to get along with.
Pros
Discounts on the products and long paid breaks.
Cons
I was laid off.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJuly 10, 2018
I liked working at bath and body works. I very much into skin and body products. Working there was quite pleasant i got to test all different kinds of products.
Fun Workplace, Poor Schedules
Sales Associate/Replenishment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 10, 2018
I enjoy my time there, but was only scheduled two days out of every week despite having wide open availability and requesting as many hours as were available to give.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
41.7K
31K

Diversity score

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bath & Body Works.

Powered by Comparably