Bath & Body Works
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Bath & Body Works:

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA67 reviews
Very friendly environment to work in. Great work life balance with help building accomplishments within the company.
good place to work sometimes stressful as cashier but its temporary. fun people to work with depending if your a favorite but apparently only bosses can use phone while they tell everyone else no and no good wifi in the store at all but love certain people
Pros
good people
Cons
certain management
Stacking product can be satisfying, but after a while it just becomes the norm during your work days, and its not the most exciting in the world. If youre really good at selling product you will get a raise no problem. Helping people in the store can be interesting and give you some excitement during the day, especially when you get them to buy something they will actually use.
If you want a fun job but don't NEED a job, this place is perfect. If your situation changes, good luck. I worked for three years before I received a living wage. In the same time period, I got two promotions.
While I genuinely enjoyed the work, customers, and products. The management and HR are the worst I've ever come across in almost 10 years of working retail. The Management team here are by far the worst, they will schedule people for 3 hours and force them to take hour long breaks to cut payroll which is illegal in Maryland. Send nasty texts to workers if they get a shift covered, and encourage them to quit if they don't like them. I have witnessed associates be screamed at and openly talked down to on the sales floor in front of customers. The Manager lost it when the official break policy was brought to light, because she didn't want anyone to get their paid 15 min breaks. If you are a key holder in the store alone with an associate you are supposed to get a paid meal since you are the only manager available, they will rip you a new one if you take a paid meal. All of these things where reported to HR and HR never ONCE stepped in and stoped either manager. Associates are nothing to them, the turnover rate is 100% every year. Avoid for your own sanity.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Hours are very scattered throughout the year. As a full-time student with a part-time job, it is hard to get a steady amount of hours when it is not the holiday season. When it is the holiday season they overwhelm you with hours. Just like any other retail job the customers can get rude and very difficult to help and work with. The company is very flexible with your availability and the hours that you work.
It was a fast pace environment that I enjoyed. Loved to interact with plenty of people and find what interest them. Hourly wages could have been better for the tasks they asked however it was a nice experience
I would not recommend this place to anyone! I was looking for a long term job and they stopped scheduling me after my second week. They prefer to give hours to those who have already been working there for awhile and are experienced sellers, so newcomers have no chance. I was left in their system for 3 months & had to find another job since the manager would not give me a call back .
I loved working at bath & body works, Especially with all the nice people you meet. I would recommend to anyone looking for work to apply. So much so i would do it Again in a heart beat.
i enjoyed working with the company for the holidays
enjoyed the discount

and i received hours and the pay rate was reasonable

and was able to work long hours
This place was very peaceful. The work was slow paced depending on the hours you got. Besides that the employees are very friendly and caring. The scheduling could be better though.
I worked there for a whole month. During a whole month, they only booked me for 7 hours across two days. Why even hire someone if you are going to put them on for that little. Their system to check your hours didn't work for me either because they didn't get it set up correctly. So I called in once a week for a month asking if they had finally given me hours. They'd say "I don't know let me get the other manager on the phone" and the other manager would get on the phone and tell me that no I needed to call again next week or in two days. I'd call again asking for if they had hours for me and I'd get the same thing. The one manager was always rude to me as if she looked down upon me. I don't know why, maybe it's because I'm a bit more tomboyish and not very feminine. The other manager was always nice. It seemed like the two managers didn't know what each other were doing and were terrible at scheduling. It seems like they over hired for the store, so they couldn't give anyone enough hours.
Pros
Paid $14 per hour
Cons
Didn't give me hours
Bath and body works was a fun place to work, it always smelt good and it was super excited for me because I had the opportunity to meet a lot of different people on a daily basis.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
The manager wasn’t so great
This is a fun but challenging working environment where we thrive to provide the best customer and satisfactory to everyone that steps inside.
In this place it matters how we play the game.
Each day is a balance of providing exceptional customer service while also maintaining the brand's standards for the product. This job taught me how to multitask with efficiency and prioritize tasks. The management team overall is satisfactory to work with. The workplace is typically fun to come into each day; some days can be stressful like any other job.
Organized merchandise, transported from stockroom to sales floor, and independently stocked shelves and recover merchandise in store.
Interactive with customers daily.
A typical work day would include opening/counting money from the day before. Setting the mood for the day with staff by giving encouraging words. Answering e mails, resolving customer complaints via phone and in the store. Ensuring that the store is stocked and looking presentable.
At the end of the day count deposits and ensure the store is in order for the following day. The hardest part of the day is satisfying complaining customers and resolving problems with staff.

The most enjoyable part of the day is when you are able to resolve the complaints and customers walk away happy.
Pros
The gratities received as new products come out.
Cons
Irregular breaks and lunch breaks
Was a great experience working there especially interacting with so many different people. Never really had to many problems with customers besides around the holidays when it was super busy. Wish I was given more hours but overall a nice place to work
Your responsibility is to find the best product for a customer and make sure a customer will come back again! It is a fun place to work at and gain experience and knowledge from your peers and management team. You can learn how to track your sales and how every step counts. The workplace culture is great and everyone is willing to help you succeed. It is always challenging to balance things out and find your way of achieving the desired result and make a sales plan per day when the traffic is slow for example. Overall, I've gained a lot of useful experience from the management side and expanded my knowledge in providing exceptional customer service.
Working for this company is really beneficial and exciting. A typical day at work is full of joy and happiness with no dull moments. Learning something new every day most definitely was a plus about coming in every day.
Worked 12 hour shifts without being able to take full breaks. The people I worked with were all very kind and enjoyable. Just needed more work/life balance.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.
3K
2.4K
1.5K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight