Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Found 180 reviews matching the search See all 5,498 reviews
Fast paced , Fun, Friendly atmosphere
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 11, 2018
A nice place to work. Can't be shy. Must be able to approach customers, make conversation to find needs and wants from customers provide product knowledge and make a sale. Pleasant aromas and great products to try. Retail is difficult because its seasonal. Pressure to increase sales can become stressful.
Pros
Nice discounts, pleasant enviornment
Cons
Meet sales goals when off season.
Productive, fun, fast-paced
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 8, 2018
I love this company! The compensation you receive in comparison to most is great! My management team at my location is awesome and I couldn't ask for better. Benefits are also a plus! Insurance, PTO, free product multiple times a year, etc. My location is busy most times so there is always something to do, never really boring. Company is always on the same page, email communication DAILY.. sometimes multiple times a day with higher management (district) to ensure we are all successful throughout the day. Best company I've worked for so far and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon!
Pros
Free items, discounts, benefits, hours, compensation
Cons
Fluctuating schedules, sometimes hectic
Fun and exciting work enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2018
Love Limited Brands and how they challenge and innovate fast to stay relevant to the ever changing world.
A fast pace, exciting, and challenging workplace that puts their customers and their employees first.
Very Challenging but rewarding place to work
Store Manager Bath and Body Works (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 22, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make connections with so many customers. The hardest part of the job was the challenging work life balance.
Fast paced, growth potential, selling focused, but work life balance was tough
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 19, 2018
I work with so many amazing people, and the environment is super fun and energetic. Growth potential and compensation were amazing! Work life balance was tricky, with so much to do in a fast paced environment it is easy to work extra hours trying to complete it all. I rely on my leadership and teaching to ensure I can delegate. We are rated on a metric for sales hours which also means sometimes having to work extra to complete operational tems to ensure sales floor hours are met.
Pros
Discount, gratis, environment focused on developing talent
Cons
Inconsistent shifts, work holidays
very structured place to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 15, 2018
it was a great place to work, very structured, great incentive for the employee, they alway gave out free to staff to be able to try and pre mote. nice place to work.
Pros
great incentives for empolyees
Cons
with great product the holiday are so busy.
very stressfull
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Centralia, WAJune 14, 2018
this job is not for the weak. great discounts and good second job but its a very pushy job. you need to be able to build large sales and you are taught to not stop till the customer says no
Pros
discounts
Cons
high pressure
No work life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 5, 2018
pay well . But DMs show no support to managers and are very condescending, company is straying away from their values turning more towards commissions based rather customer based.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Dm’s Do not support managers
Great Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 6, 2018
Great place to work with fun products! With the right leadership, you will work in an environment where selling is fun and your personal growth is encouraged. It is a sales environment where each individual is tracked.
great opportunity to learn to be a manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 3, 2018
Your management skills will be grown and honed working at Bath and Body Works! They use an awesome structure and though the days can be stressful, because retail, its' worth it for the team with which you work.
Pros
good management program
Cons
some evening shifts
Fun and Festive place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 2, 2018
Fun Company to work for, there is not a dull day in Bath and Body Works. Very fast paced retail job, and change is the normal. Product is always improving and customer service warranty is 100% every day for everyone..!! I started as an Assistant Manager in 2000 and I was able to earn a promotion as I worked myself thru different store volumes even to a Flag Ship. Eventually I earned the store manager position starting at a volume C unfortunately compensation in relation with work load was not balanced well. On a last note I became and I am still a loyal consumer of their product specially the candles ( BEST CANDLES )
Workplace culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCApril 26, 2018
I dearly loved my time working with this company. I was educated each and every time a new line came out. I was able to try new things. This company made sure to take very good care of its people
It's retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAApril 22, 2018
Expect min hours if you are a part time associate . As a manager I would work 40-42 hours a week. During holidays I have done up to 12 -14hour days. You are on your feet the whole time and constantly moving, which I liked. However, upper management had recently changed hands causing quite a bit of alarm with in the region, many great leaders chose to leave.
The training for managers is minimal, often you are passed around the district to receive training from other store managers. Store managers that are training are also expected to run their own store while training. Benefits are ok, nothing spectacular. the discount can used at other Limited Brands stores like Victoria's Secret, Henry Bendel, etc....
Pros
40% discount for managers, includes discount on Gift Cards
Cons
Heartless and ill qualified DM's, and RM's
Professional environment
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 6, 2018
Still a growing company, they are learning how to manage multiple stores while opening new ones. Lots of work but wonderful people to surround yourself by.
It was a decent job
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 15, 2018
no work life balance what so ever. Otherwise one of my favorite jobs. Great people to work with and great discounts. Over all pretty happy at the time.
Pros and Cons
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  RIMarch 14, 2018
Extremely competitive culture. All managers are salaried and given an unattainable amount of work to complete, but want you standing in the front of the store through your whole shift. Bonus structure is great, products are great. There is a disconnect between corporate and store level.
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 1, 2018
LBrands is one of the retailers still leading the way. It's a great company but growth is very limited, SM / DM / RM are all completely comfortable with their roles and NEVER seem to move or work towards promotion so if you do get promoted to SM plan on staying stagnant for 15+ years. DM typically has no clue whats going on in the business so asking them any questions or for guidance is pointless.
Pros
great pay. great product. fun environment.
Cons
no growth potential, management expected to retain SPAH as well as every operational task, DM/RM never have a clue whats happening so asking them any questions is pointless.
enjoyed working here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2018
nice place to work at. company has a great training program for all new hires. pay is good and they have good benefits and discounts. only con is high turn over in all fields.
Pros
great training
Cons
high turnover in upper management
Progressive company that prides itself on living by its values
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Bath & Body Works provided an extensive career with growth opportunities right from the start. I was able to work in over 12 locations under various roles. The work life balance became increasingly more difficult as I began to work in higher velocity stores. There is a large disconnect in management style from leader to leader as well as Corporate to Field leadership. At the end of the day, the pressure to exceed sales plan often did not line up with our company values (i.e. statements made by DM, actions taken by RM) specifically around our internal customer (i.e. associate & management staff). Again, this varies based on your particular DM. If you are interested in lower volume leadership, GO FOR IT! If you are interested in high volume, consider the costs.
Love the products!
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Specialty sales requires a lot of flexibility with schedules and the ability to work independently while balancing selling with tasking. Business fluctuates dramatically from Non-peak to peak.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Being the sole associate during non-peak

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
41.7K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight