Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 19, 2018
My co-workers are very nice. Most of the customers that come in are kind. I work at a fast pace and cooperate with others. Bath and body works is well organized and clean.
Pros
the place has really good scents.
Cons
short breaks.
Close-knit staff and very productive and efficient.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMay 19, 2018
I loved my time at Bath and Body Works, it has by far been my favorite job and I will further my management knowledge in my future career. I appreciate it all.
Pros
Discounts, lively environment.
Cons
Fun and positive for environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMay 18, 2018
If your looking for a great starting job, I'd for sure say that Bath and Body Works is a great place to start out. It's a fun and positive working environment where you can meet, and work alongside amazing people. Make lasting friendship and help customers find exactly what their looking for. As for moving up in the company i wouldn't say its the best place to do so.
Pros
work with great people most the time
Cons
a lot of store theft, and competition
Awesome drama free work place
Bath and Body Works Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAMay 18, 2018
Typical day is come to work, help all types of customers & have fun. Management is great, we all have a system. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we all can have a good time and get our work done, as well as giving our attention to our customers. Getting to demo and show my customers our awesome products is another great part about working here. Our culture here is relaxed, but energizing. We all are our own individual, and here we are accepted as is. The hardest part of the job, is being brand new and still in the learning process. Once you get it down, you're good to go.
Pros
Room for promotions and everyone gets along. No drama!
Cons
No cons, only overwhelming sale days.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2018
just a nice place to work . I learned a lot not too much well organized and always on top of working with others never no issues with anyone . always had a positive mind.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for Bath & Body Works. It was fast paced but everyone pitched in and we got the work done. I would have taken a full time position at the end of the Holiday Season if they had had any openings.
Pros
Good People to work with.
Cons
Not enough hours
Love working here
Head Cashier Lead/Marketing Organizer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
Out of any retail job, I would vote Bath and Body Works as the best. My team and I always strive to do our best and help make the customers day. It gets really busy during sale and holiday time, but besides that, working here is amazing.
I love shopping here and I love working here!
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 16, 2018
I've been with BBW for almost 2 years. I started off as Seasonal Associate, and eventually I became a permanent employee. The only issue I have with working at BBW is that I only received adequate hours during the holiday season. I know schedules are based off the store making sales plan, but for the most part I would go almost more than 2 months of not being on the schedule.

Regardless, I still enjoy working here and management and fellow associates are all friendly. I have no major complaints about my experience with BBW!
Pros
Occasional Gratis "free products", you get to test/try new products before they are released, and Candle Day!
Cons
Floor sets have a tendency to last ALL night
Great place to work and meet new people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 16, 2018
You don't get many hours after holiday but if you can keep B&BW as a part time job its fun. Management is willing to work with your hours as far as when you can and cant work and around your other work schedule. Usually you get a great group of holiday workers that come back for next holiday which makes it easier for everyone. You work hard and steady but defiantly have a GREAT time doing it!!!
Pros
always something to do, freebies of new product, awesome co-workers
Cons
no hours
Hired on for Semi-Annual Sale (and what to expect from SAS)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 16, 2018
Semi-annual sale is perhaps one of the most difficult times to work at B&BW, simply because the store gets so crazy and crowded. You will need to be able to deal with several people all coming at you at once for products or questions. Being a Sales associate at B&BW can be difficult, you're expected to be the expert on all your products. As scary as that sounds, you will find it is easy to pick up on the info you need to excel at your job. Personal recommendations will do wonders! If a customer is wary about a product, don't hesitate to share your personal experience with the products.
The hardest part of working at B&BW is the Floor Set nights, when you have to take down all the old displays and put up the new ones. The store I worked at had this as an opt-in sort of thing. If you wanted to help, you could and were paid for your time.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 15, 2018
I was able to gain customer service experience I wanted through this job. The Bath and Body Works team located at Hamburg place Pavillon in Lexington, KY is a great team to work with gain knowledge from.
Great Work Environment
Sales goals met each month - top seller (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 15, 2018
Loved working for this company. Plenty of room to advance in my career there and the management were absolutely amazing. We truly were a family there. Everyone worked together and helped each other out in any and every way possible.
Fun, fast paced, good team
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 15, 2018
The employees I managed were very fun to work with. They worked hard and I gave incentives for better customer service and sales. I loved where I worked but when I had to leave, instead of promoting the assistant manager, the company hired an outside person who knew nothing of how we ran our store.
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMay 15, 2018
A typical day at work would be having fun with our new products and testing them out with our customers. Favorite part of my work day is how the customer would always leave with a smile. It's so rewarding.
Pros
Gratis every month
Cons
Never set schedules, no outside life
productive postive , and high levels of fun energy
Sales Associate lead (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMay 15, 2018
great first time job. I learned so much, management was excellent, I enjoyed every minute of it. I love helping people find what makes them happy, very rewarding.
Typical
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSMay 15, 2018
Productive and a fun environment, friendly staff and management. Key holders were great and respectful of all workers. The job was a fun seasonal experience
Did not like how hours were based on commission.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2018
I loved working for this company, but unfortunately I had some team mates who would steal sales and thus it would reflect poorly on me and my hours were reduced. Products and training are wonderful, just wish they would eliminate the commission aspect.
Great co workers
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDMay 14, 2018
Working for bath&body work was great managers co workers and even the customers was nice. I wouldn't mind working for them again.I would just lik more pay but other then that .I loved working there
Coworkers made the job worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMay 14, 2018
The management at my location was terrible, but the other coworkers made it tolerable. Customers are very demanding and unsympathetic about company policy.
Productive and fun
Operation Lead (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 14, 2018
My day starts off with making sure product is full and abundance. I make sure store is clean and ready for customers to shop. I have learned to discover customer needs and ask discovery question to help customer to make purchases. I enjoy the face pace environment that is warm and friendly. the hardest part of my job is that products I fall in love with are gone by the end of the season. I enjoy the ability to find new favorite each season.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
41.7K
31K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight