Batteries Plus Bulbs Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Used to be a FANTASTIC company, but now they are liars, crooks!
(Former) Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 11, 2018
No advancement opportunities, very low and poor pay structures. Poor management. They take advantage of customers, lie to customers. Most business is done by ordering through Amazon and EBay. Lack of training. I could keep going!!!! Williams Batteries LLC (Batteries Plus) in the Knoxville area, used to be a great company to work for. They went through after hiring one employee (Manager) and fired multiple employees no reasoning or explanation (they were not liked). This one person has ruined this company and the great name they used to have. Greedy greedy owners at this Franchise. I truly could not continue to work there with their new found “way of business”. They are disrespectful to elders and customers of all kinds. Racial, derogatory remarks were made to multiple employees here. I was invested in this company 3 years and if I might add heart and soul. I intended to go places with this company, promised multiple times that I would be taken care of. Most hurtful I I was promised a key van by multiple people. Owner, district manager, manager and more guaranteed me that I would be in the key van “soon”. I waited over a year being strung along and was eventually told that it was all a lie, that I was never promised anything. Really sad it ended this way as are my friends, coworkers and family!!!!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Expensive healthcare, poor pay structure, lack of training, lies
Assisted sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West AshleyJuly 10, 2018
If opening I count the registers to make sure the correct amount is in register to start the day. Assist customers with battery replacement on watches, cell phones, laptops and other electronic devices. Stock shelves and make price tags. Build battery packs for customers. Prepare batteries for recycling. Ship any batteries that need to be mailed out. Receive incoming merchandise as well as stocking shelves and dusting merchandise. At closing sweep and mop floor, clean restroom, Balance registers and complete daily paperwork.
Pros
Employees were close and worked well together
Cons
Closing alone in an unsafe area.
Meh
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 5, 2018
I've worked here for a long time and to me it's just not cool. I dont feel comfortable here and its partially because the area, but it just is a drag to come in. But besides that it's a really easy job.
Cool job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 21, 2018
Good company to work for and they have a good owner.They could have better mangers not shoyld be in that position.Over all its a good job and it will teach you alot about batteries,bulbs,and electronics.
Pros
Teach yoi alot avout batteries and electronicis
Cons
Could have a bad manger
Engaging and evolving roles
Commercial Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2018
Batteries Plus Bulbs has an engaging work environment and evolving roles. The growing product assortment tends to create employees with a broad knowledge base.
Pros
set schedules
Cons
lack of paid sick days that are separate from normal PTO and difficult career advancement
Great job
Associate/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 16, 2018
At this position, i learned many skills as well as building a strong confidence in customer service. My manager was very flexible with my busy summer schedule as well as giving me hours when i would be home from school. Working with customers is common as well as stocking batteries and repairing iPhones.
Pros
Flexible work
Cons
A lot of training
Ok place to work
Supervisor/Master Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 6, 2018
If more of the franchisees learned more about their employees it would be a better place to work! And also the amount of technical knowledge is not utilized properly. The overall job doesn't match with any continuity.
Pros
Overall Pay
Cons
Limited growth potential
good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 5, 2018
good place to work at. continuously learning everyday, everyone is pretty easy to work with. if your wanting to work there are lots of hours you can pick up
batteries
Assistant Manager / Commercial Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 4, 2018
Sell batteries and bulbs and repair phones
create commercial accounts and general knowledge about electronics and specialty devices. automotive knowledge is a plus
Great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 4, 2018
Great place to work, and place to learn a lot. But no benefits no one likes to work and they over work you..............................................
Chill job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2018
Has it’s ups and downs. Company policies are lossley followed. No benifits are given to you by the company. It usually is slow so this job does not demand a lot from you. Customers are usually friendly but occasionally you do get a grumpy one
aaaa
Retail Management and commercial Sales (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 29, 2018
good management team. Pay pretty poor especially for assistant managers in stores.

Use of stretch goals assured big profits--not many bonuses. Great quality products.
Standard retail enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 27, 2018
Typical day at work is helping 10-30 customers find the items they need, or repairing their cell phone or tablet, or rebuilding their drill packs. Also stocking and cleaning in between customers to get a clean work enviroment
Pros
Laid back, slow paced
Cons
Problems are very repetitive.
It started off as a great job .
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIMay 17, 2018
It starts off easy u get trained goto work for 8 hrs next thing u no your on mandatory 2hr shifts for months and if u get an occurence it wont go away for 6months which means u cant apply for a new position they basically hand the hire paying positions to who they like it used to be all about the numbers and productivity but now its all about just coming in everyday showing up on time u can walk around hangout in the restroom mingle and get moved up long as you have good attendence..
Pros
Great coworkers, gift cards for working sat
Cons
Low pay, veteran workers talk to u any kinda way
It once was a great place to be apart of
Employee (Current Employee) –  MTMay 13, 2018
Like any retail business you get the great people along with the rude ones. Used to love going to work now corporate is out of touch as is the management. Felt like you were apart of the family in the locally owned franchise not anymore.
Pros
Discount on purchases
Cons
Micro-management
Workplace is usually with associates who don’t give work 100% and I don’t like the environment of that.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maineville, OHMay 11, 2018
A typical day at work is clocking in and starting my projects such as rebuilding drill packs or fixing devices like smart phones. Occasionally I will help commercial customers with sales.
Cons
Pay
Not the greatest, but stable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 7, 2018
There are no cost-of-living raises. The wages are sub-par to begin with. Everyone is pushed into retail sales, and there are incentives, but they will be reduced frequently and can't be depended on. Any sort of advancement means mandatory overtime, and the raises given are not worth the increased responsibility. The only way to really make more money here is to work more hours.
Pros
Fantastic Discount
Cons
Overtime
Good work atmosphere. Management very supportive.
Commercial Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 1, 2018
Was given freedom to control my work day and structure it as needed to accomplish my job. Management was very supportive. Work atmosphere was pleasant and coworkers were easy to get along with.
Pros
Pleasant workplace
Cons
Pay
Slow and steady
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 1, 2018
Typical day consist of waiting for customers to walk in and then not buy anything after seeing the prices. Slow days and slow nights were seen too often. Management can't adapt to new products and there are no benefits unless you're in a corporate position.
Pros
Great for students as traffic is slow and it allows for extra time
Cons
No room for growth
Nice place to work if only...
Sales Tech (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 30, 2018
Great place to work,,, Good coworker comraderies, LAZY STORE MANAGER at my store in Waukesha WI. Flexible scheduling but lower than average pay. All in all, a pretty decent experience. I would still be working there if it weren't for LAZY management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Batteries Plus Bulbs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight