Battlespace Flight Services

Battlespace Flight Services Employee Reviews

2.9
Work-Life Balance

Stable work scheule

This was a Flightline operations assignment. Most days have similar tasks such as inspections for flight, periodic inspections and minor maintenance, as required.

They sucked

Management was only concerned about themselves. They had a reputation as liars. They would openly threaten employees. The recruiter had no qualifications. The HR rep forced supervisors to rewrite reprimands

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Walking in the door

Was a good place

The company had a low key environment. It was in a good location and everyone was friendly. Learned a lot about the maintenance of remoted piloted planes.

Will never do that again

The entire staff was cannibalistic A lot of discrimination.The work was mismanaged and one sided. They didn’t believe in following work policies and will work you to death.It was simple Work the management didn’t care about you or what was going on bottom line that’s it.STAY AWAY!!!!!

Productive place to work at.

Enjoyed the traveling to different work locations. Very happy I was given the opportunity to work here. The people were very helpful and heavy OJT training.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Do not apply

Company lost the contract we were under. While working for them, getting in contact with anyone at the PMO office was a hassle. Pay was good but you could tell the company was going to run into problems at some point.

No way

Overall good guys by your side, the workers. Above them is a different story. Favoritism, good ol boy cliques. You are not set up for success, just sink or swim. Leadership did not consist of experienced LEADERS. Just because you can put together an IPhone doesn't mean you can manage people. Don't get attached. Collect a good check, go home and that's it. Don't plan on moving up unless you are a skilled backstabber and manipulator.

Did not enjoy

Did not enjoy my time at Battlespace Flight Services. The company did not take adequate time to recruit new employees, I was therefore stuck with a supervisor who was incompetent and unqualified.

Good way to enter into the avionics community

There can be a lot of down time where there is absolutely nothing to do. Site to site, attitudes and pay will vary. Met some awesome people who were able to teach me a lot. However this is mainly because the company as a whole has a huge issue with training employs and retention.

Terrible Company To Work For

Training was non-existent. Our crew was supposed to be eight of us plus our boss. Three of us made it to the job site, the others quit beforehand. Boss quit the day we arrived. The three of us were to work a 24/7 365 job with only three people who were not properly trained on how to do the job properly. Management failed to staff us properly, and their solution was to send two properly trained people rotating out to two different people every two weeks. Because of that every two weeks we had people telling us we were doing the job wrong and "retrained" us every two weeks. Enough, was enough and I left. It's not worth it. If you have no life, and don't mind being responsible for multi-million dollar you don't know how to properly maintain this place is for you. Otherwise run away as fast as you can. There are far better companies out there to work for.

Pros

Got paid

Cons

Poor training, low pay, no days off, lack of leadership

Stressful

Overall experience varied on day to day. Some of the management team were very involved and helpful while other could use some improvement. Those that were willing to be involved help me succeed and grown to become a manager. The company overall lacked the ability to train new managers into their roles.

Long periods of work

12 Hours Shifts no days off unless you experience down weather days. Sometimes, you can find yourself do most of the workload. Depending on who is the site lead there can be miscommunication. It gives you an opportunity to work in another country and learn a new culture. Plus, on the job training with free skill programs opportunities.

dont do it

unless you like to be overworked and under paid this is a great place to head to. now its a good place to get your foot in the door but thats about it.

Productive work enviorment

The area in which I was located was fantastic. The leadership was based out of a different location and was hard to get in contact with on a daily basis. When leadership advised us about doing a task it was not routed through proper chain of command and tried to blame employees at that specific location.

Good Company

Always seemed that their (management) hair was on fire, always an emergency! But they took care of their people. would highly recommend them if you don't mind going oversees.

Stressful and Fast Paced Environment

Despite a Stressful and sometimes fast paced work environment, employees have to ability and resources to explore and learn more about the technology and equipment used to operate the machinery we're expected to maintain in order for others to do their job.

Pros

Fair pay, and Benefits

Cons

Sometimes hard to get in touch with Management for administrative issues

Management sucks

Battlespace flight services doesnt pay enough to keep decent employees around for very long. Because decent employees move on to better companies, the people who advance at battlespace flight services are not very good at their jobs and are not very good at managing.

Pros

They hire anyone

Cons

pay isn't as good as other companies, management sucks

minimal staffing

Tough place to work, but good people. Learned how to do more with less and work long hours as a team. Workplace culture was get the job done on time, just like the military operates

Avoid this place

Worse company I have ever worked for in my life! Management are a bunch of idiots who care about no one but themselves and there is no sense of teamwork what so ever. Would never recommended this place to anyone.

Pros

Pay is half way decent

Cons

Poor management, no communication, no accountability, no one ever knows what is going on or what they are doing.

Avoid at all Costs

If you enjoy being treated like a complete tool, in an environment with absolutely no consideration for you safety, health (mental and physical) and welfare, then by all means, go to work for this company. I have never been treated so poorly in a work environment. This is an entry level company, so you will be consistently training new people, with no added pay. The only incentive to do so, is knowing that you will be "punished" if you refuse to comply. They apparently operate on a very limited budget, so safety gear (Personal Protection Equipment) is not provided... not so much as a pair of safety glasses or even a pair of gloves. You will be issued a few flimsy T-shirts (beige), so they will not only soil easily, they will advertise to every other company on the FOB that you are employed by the most selfish, penny pinching company in the military contracting arena. But, don't worry, if your shirt gets to the point that it can't be worn anymore, they will bring in a garbage bag full of used shirts, so that you may sort through them to find the one that has the least amount of stains. Dressing in the company "Uniform" may make you feel like a vagrant, pandering for scraps in the dining facility, while all eyes are gazing upon you in astonishment. Common sense will get you nowhere, so don't dare think for yourself. Just wear the shirt and drink the Kool-Aid until something better comes your way. Keep in mind that it will be difficult to get hired on in the UAV/UAS world after working for this company, as they already have an established reputation. And finally, -

Cons

Productive work evironment with large break area

Depending on location the work environment is in fairly good condition. Large break areas with free WiFi as well as ping pong and billiard tables. Time for three meals a day as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Battlespace Flight Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Battlespace Flight Services with