Bausch Health

Bausch Health insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Slave rotational work

Distance and too early and late with shifts . If you are willing to sit down for long periods of time , than this will be a great fit for you . Get prepared for 10hour shifts and Saturday’ ot

Wouldn’t recommend nobody to come and work here

Poor management, they pick and choose who they like. They show a lot of favoritism. Hardly no days off unless you have time but if you don’t have time you’ll have to work yourself to death to build up time. Work 7 days a week. JUST HORRIBLE!

Pros

Cons

One break for the whole shift, miserable and tiresome. Hardly no days off!!

Management doesn't care

If you like being on your phone and not paying attention to issues on the line, this is the place to work. Some of the management was totally clueless.

Pros

Random company activities

Cons

Poor management

Productive and awesome place to work

As a newer employee at Bausch and Lomb I can only speak on the early part of my career, but so far everything has been great. I like my Manager and the starting off benefits have been great!

Pros

Management and Benefits

Cons

Nothing so far

The pay is good, the work is easy, but there are caveats

Working in the APA isn't for everyone, you'll be fully gowned covered from head to toe for 6-10 hours each day. The actual jobs are easy, we're just paid for the inconvenience of the gown and practicing aseptic technique. They give lots of time off, but call in and use one of the sick days that they give to you and it goes against your review the next year, you will also have to use a bunch of your days for the biannual shutdowns each year. The place was amazing when I first joined, management has changed since and it has gone downhill quickly. It's become a buddy system, if you aren't in with the right group then your future prospects are extremely limited. If you do happen to get in with the right group and move up, congratulations, you've got it made, look forward to chilling in the office or walking around talking all night. Any and all praise or gratitude is pure lip service and this is most evident when the discussion points towards the financial side. If you come in every day, give 150% and be absolutely perfect in your role they will give you a chance to win a $150 gift card, some squishy eyeball toys, or maybe even a diary. Whatever salary you go in at is pretty close to where you are going stay, their performance management system has enough built in clauses to ensure that. When you keep seeing the same jobs posted and they are paying the kind of money that B&L is paying it should set off some alarms.

Pros

Good Starting Pay, Long Breaks, Easy Work

Cons

Buddy System, Gowning, Miniscule Raises

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great people looking to build you up

Everyone on my team was very invested in helping me learn as a person new to the working world how daily corporate life operates, I received a lot of guidance as well as respect even though I was a young intern

Save yourself and find somewhere else

If you enjoy being treated like your an animal then Bausch Health is the company for you. The work culture among the manufacturing employees is full of hateful people. You will be treated very differently based on your race and nationality.

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

Will not get far unless someone likes you

Zero transparency if your quest is to move ahead. Favoritism and office politics will quickly kill any hope you may have had for advancement. People come in an take senior roles while others have worked for years and would not be considered. If you are looking to grow within this company-get your lips ready.

Pros

Nice cafeteria nice coworkers

Cons

Management, no advancement, policies that make no sense

Productive great place to work.

Pay and benefits are great! Can need to work overtime some, but just during quarterly close. Management has improved. Looking forward to the continuing growth.

Pros

Compensation for a job well done

Stressful, not a place to build your career.

I worked for long time in the company because this was the only local company here. I worked to cover for three people, never slept well, worked long hours, full of stress. no work life balance. There are only special people who get protected and promoted and have good job security. Management had incompetent people . Management finds one mistake to cut your bonus off or not to give you raises.

Pros

made some nice friends

Cons

no career growth, stressful, long hours, lack of direction, not a good working environment.

Great opportunities

Great onboarding experience, great company, room for growth in all divisions. Managers care about the business and team members. Best co workers you could ask for.

Pros

People co workers

Cons

Pharma

Productive and fun workplace with a activitivities

Clean place, organized, Good place to work, I like my type of job I was doing, Now with the COVID situation everything change for all. We don't interactive a lot, but before yes we did.

Good people getting screwed

Pros: good benefitsCons: mandatory 7 day work weeks Low pay Raises and evaluations are a joke. At the time for my yearly evaluation, I had an excellent eval but only received a 3 cent raise. Kind of a slap in the face. . Management that just does not care about their employees.

Great products but poor culture

They have great Products with great history. However, the company ownership has changed a few times. Existing senior management In Tampa Is mostly long timers with a few newbies. They are resistant to change for improvement. Directors and executive directors operate with fear and intimidation and this pattern of operation propagate down. Lots of anxiety, fear and anger. I have never seen more people getting sick and ill in one workplace before. Lots of stressed people who eventually get sick (physically with ailments and medical conditions). When they have facility or manufacturing problems, instead of truly finding the root cause and fixing them, they try to find the cheapest solution that can evade the FDA. They hid things from the FDA when they can. Only good to work there if you have a manager that can watch your back and you really have no other choice to stay in this area. I worked there as a Manager. I would stay away.

Pros

Good hard working employees on the floor and individual contributors

Cons

Company hides quality issues with Facility/process from FDA, Senior management resistant to change, operating with fear and intimidation

Horrible Culture, Sexism, Disorganized, Greedy, Miserable.

I worked for this company for nearly 4 years. They care about the bottom line more than the safety and happiness of employees. They claim that they offer career paths, but there is hardly any opportunity for promotion or development. Management is incompetent and takes weeks to address and issues or questions you may have. This company will use any excuse to reprimand you, no matter how satisfactory your work may be (I was denied a raise and a bonus 2 years in a row for the same issue, despite being one of the most productive members of my team). I have witnessed them pay a woman a great deal less than a man in the same position (even though she trained him). Company is disorganized and goes through constant changes without disseminating relevant information to employees. In my time there I constantly felt like they were watching over my shoulder. They are understaffed and the existing staff is expected to pick up the slack, being given additional responsibilities for no extra pay. They would not allow employees to continue working from home during the pandemic, despite several employees testing positive for COVID-19. You will be reprimanded for speaking your mind. Horrible corporate culture. I regret working for them for so long.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Strict Scheduling, High Expectations, Low Pay

Poor management, hourly employees worked into the ground

The mandatory overtime is extreme. No days off, except major holidays. 7 days a week, for over 3 years. Covid19 is the only thing that provided any relief for about 4 weeks, but now back to the grind, no end in sight. No appreciation for employees. No reward. Different rules for different people. No teamwork, lots of back stabbing.

Benefits

Cons

No days off, low pay, harassment, bullying, discrimination

Work the best of my ability

its just whar it is at the job. I just to make to best of my job. It could be better but it all about who you know not about what you know. So many things can be better if they listened to the working that do it everyday

The bad

Boring same work every night. People in your way. No life, was working 10hr days and 8hrs on the weekends before coronavirus hit Two 10 minute breaks and 20 for lunch. The only good is the benefits and time off they give you.

Bausch Health

It was very nice working there. Everyone was cooperative eventhough I was a contractor. I learned things that helped me expand my ability to do many jobs. In conclusion it was a valuable experience.

Great culture and people

Know their products. Understand the makeup of the company and know their competitors. Have a good background of what is currently going on at Bausch.

Pay rate is low

Pay rate is low management is unfair different pay rate for each and everyone. work is easy, been trained I different stations and been to different departments. I like what I do it’s just they don’t pay right

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bausch Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight