Bavarian Inn Lodge Employee Reviews

Lovely people and very quick paste
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJanuary 30, 2019
When working there you must be quick on your feet. You have to make sure that every guest leaves satisfied. The staff is amazing and very friendly even when they are having a stressful day.
Pros
Free lunch and loads of discounts
Cons
Not enough hours depending on what section you are working at.
Typical Serving Job
Bartender Server / Server (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJanuary 18, 2019
Job was pretty decent. Co-workers and management were fun and tolerable, but, this was a job. Often it was the customers who brought on stress and reluctant of the position. This job taught me that I don't like serving.
Great Starter Job
Gift Shop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJanuary 1, 2019
This is really a decent company to work for. You are part of a work family there. Granted you don't get to spend holidays with your actual family because you will have to work as they never close. You are treated with respect and the owners actually speak to you like you are a person and that is rare and nice
Pros
Free Meals, discounts
Cons
holiday work
Good Part Time Job
Host (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIDecember 6, 2018
This job was good for a part-time job and is good for college students who just need to make some extra money to be able to make it through the school year.
Pros
Free meal for every day that you work.
Cons
Only break is during your lunch
just a lack of communication
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJuly 23, 2018
not sure on how they went projects done or by who. working with the guest is a pleasure. Must of your co workers are very helpful. but you do have lack of leadership.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no set weekends off
This is a fun place to work as we have many in Lodge benefits and we have great staff.
Water Slide Attendant (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJuly 16, 2018
I loved working at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. I liked my coworkers and I like my bosses. It was very friendly place and very hospitable and family-oriented.
Pros
Free Lunch, Benefits, tax benefits, Insurance.
Cons
Only one break for 5-6 hours
The environment was a very fun place to be the people were like a small family.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJune 18, 2018
There were day where it’d be stressful and then some could be really laid back and relaxed. The management team was very nice but the only issue there was with if you requested a day off you wouldn’t know if you actually got it off until you seen the schedule.
Pros
Free lunches, good break time, and coworkers were good to work with
Cons
Requesting days off weren’t guaranteed
fun work place good enviroment
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJune 4, 2018
a typical day most coworkers are nice. Nice variety of people and a lot of good vibes and energy. I only had a problem with my manager toni but all the other managers were well mannered. Its a very good work environment if you get the hang off or know what your doing.
The owner is a very nice generous lady would definitely work there again just not as a housekeeper.
Pros
free lunch good discounts
Cons
limited time
Productive and Interesting every day engagements.
Register Clerk (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMay 7, 2018
Come to work with a positive attitude. Everyday scenarios you have to adjust to each guest differently due to their mood and try to make it a warmer feeling and friendlier environment for them instead of how they were feeling before walking into the hotel. I've learned to take each engagement with a guest as a grain of salt. I wont be able to please everyone but I can try my best to do what I can as a reasonable outcome for the both of us. Also understanding the guest is a key when working here. Workplace is very German oriented. All employees are kind and sweet to guest with a positive attitude and a mind set of completion of their task at hand. The difficult part of the job is when you are faced with a lot of guest checking in at the same time and there is a long line, and then your under stress trying to get done with the guest in front of you as fast as possible and correctly so they can leave pleasant and happy to their room. The best part of the job in the area I worked in was my coworkers I've gotten to know. Friendly and humorist everyday to keep each one of us in the best of moods when its a stressful day or a slow day at most.
Pros
Free Lunchs
its a fun job
lead -Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJanuary 29, 2018
Its a ok job to have and you meet lots of people and learning many different things and working with many people. If you a people person like me u will like it and free lunches. Lots of many stores and free rides on the bus to place to place
Pros
free lunch
Cons
people don't show up on time or for work a lot
Enjoyable Place to work
Dining Room (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIOctober 18, 2017
The Bavarian Inn Lodge is family owned and operated. Creating enjoyable experiences for guests and staff. It is a fun place to work, with many oppertunities to advance.
very good people
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MISeptember 27, 2017
started at 930 am and clocking out at 300 pm
clean rooms up to ten
sometimes a bed maker if not then did on your own
ceo is very understanding.
Managers are amazing
Love the time that I spend with the guest.
Pros
free lunch, and got to keep tips
Cons
no paid vacation, not enough salary
Excellent
Piano Player (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MISeptember 21, 2017
Fun place to work. Everybody is very helpful to new employees and much help from the owner. This company definitely has good culture and is an awesome place to work!!!!
Pros and Cons
Frankenmuth - Waterslide Attendant (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIAugust 26, 2017
The benefits at Bavarian Inn Lodge are decent. Some people make careers out of it. The managers hardly back you up when there are situations (a guest once grabbed my leg on a slide and my manager didn't do anything about it). The hours are inconstant and the employees always seem to be in a bad mood.
Pros
Provided lunch
Cons
I loved this job even though it was very repetative.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIAugust 21, 2017
I loved this job. It kept me active and busy. I loved that it was a job where I was independent and could be on my own. Sometimes it was stressful but I handled it in professional manner.
Productive place of work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIAugust 10, 2017
Cleanliness, success, determine. We get raises every 3 month, discounts on hotel rooms, coworkers are respectful, dependable people, always clean the right way
Pros
Free lunch, discounts on rooms
Cons
Short breaks
Hard work
Housekepper (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIAugust 3, 2017
Housekeeping is hard laborious work. Management is like family. Benefits include discounts. Advancement is doable when positions are opened. They provide free lunch.
Fun place, tough work, worth it.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJuly 13, 2017
Some positions the work can be rather grueling and patience is definitely key here, but the attractions and the benefits the Lodge offers for the local attractions makes your job well worth it. If you really get into the fun they have to offer it won't be such a drag and the pay is decent and they allow you to advance fairly. I would appreciate more Lodge employee wide events that invites their families but they are are an amazing workplace.
Pros
Free Lunch
Hosekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMay 26, 2017
I learned alot how to be with customer and take care of rooms that. People Stay in they loved my work I wuz always on time had a fun place to work I cleen about 10 to 12 rooms aday
Pros
Free lunch
Great starter job, but you need to play the game to advance.
Ratskeller Attendant (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMay 25, 2017
Good co-workers if they stay around. Good people are looked over for ones that kiss the right butts. It's a hotel so there are no holidays off. They provide daily lunches, which are usually pretty good. A lot of politics, and you really need to know the right people to get ahead. Depending on the job, you can easily get 35+ hours a week during the summer/busy season, hours are hard in the winter and the first 2-3 months a year.
"Family friendly hotel" means lots of kids, especially downstairs in the pool/arcade/rats Keller. Smells like chlorine terribly, your eyes will burn after a long day in the family fun center.