Bavarian Inn Lodge Employee Reviews

This is a fun place to work as we have many in Lodge benefits and we have great staff.
Water Slide Attendant (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJuly 16, 2018
I loved working at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. I liked my coworkers and I like my bosses. It was very friendly place and very hospitable and family-oriented.
Pros
Free Lunch, Benefits, tax benefits, Insurance.
Cons
Only one break for 5-6 hours
fun work place good enviroment
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJune 4, 2018
a typical day most coworkers are nice. Nice variety of people and a lot of good vibes and energy. I only had a problem with my manager toni but all the other managers were well mannered. Its a very good work environment if you get the hang off or know what your doing.
The owner is a very nice generous lady would definitely work there again just not as a housekeeper.
Pros
free lunch good discounts
Cons
limited time
Productive and Interesting every day engagements.
Register Clerk (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMay 7, 2018
Come to work with a positive attitude. Everyday scenarios you have to adjust to each guest differently due to their mood and try to make it a warmer feeling and friendlier environment for them instead of how they were feeling before walking into the hotel. I've learned to take each engagement with a guest as a grain of salt. I wont be able to please everyone but I can try my best to do what I can as a reasonable outcome for the both of us. Also understanding the guest is a key when working here. Workplace is very German oriented. All employees are kind and sweet to guest with a positive attitude and a mind set of completion of their task at hand. The difficult part of the job is when you are faced with a lot of guest checking in at the same time and there is a long line, and then your under stress trying to get done with the guest in front of you as fast as possible and correctly so they can leave pleasant and happy to their room. The best part of the job in the area I worked in was my coworkers I've gotten to know. Friendly and humorist everyday to keep each one of us in the best of moods when its a stressful day or a slow day at most.
Pros
Free Lunchs
its a fun job
lead -Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJanuary 29, 2018
Its a ok job to have and you meet lots of people and learning many different things and working with many people. If you a people person like me u will like it and free lunches. Lots of many stores and free rides on the bus to place to place
Pros
free lunch
Cons
people don't show up on time or for work a lot
Enjoyable Place to work
Dining Room (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIOctober 18, 2017
The Bavarian Inn Lodge is family owned and operated. Creating enjoyable experiences for guests and staff. It is a fun place to work, with many oppertunities to advance.
very good people
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MISeptember 27, 2017
started at 930 am and clocking out at 300 pm
clean rooms up to ten
sometimes a bed maker if not then did on your own
ceo is very understanding.
Managers are amazing
Love the time that I spend with the guest.
Pros
free lunch, and got to keep tips
Cons
no paid vacation, not enough salary
Excellent
Piano Player (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MISeptember 21, 2017
Fun place to work. Everybody is very helpful to new employees and much help from the owner. This company definitely has good culture and is an awesome place to work!!!!
Pros and Cons
Frankenmuth - Waterslide Attendant (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIAugust 26, 2017
The benefits at Bavarian Inn Lodge are decent. Some people make careers out of it. The managers hardly back you up when there are situations (a guest once grabbed my leg on a slide and my manager didn't do anything about it). The hours are inconstant and the employees always seem to be in a bad mood.
Pros
Provided lunch
Cons
I loved this job even though it was very repetative.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIAugust 21, 2017
I loved this job. It kept me active and busy. I loved that it was a job where I was independent and could be on my own. Sometimes it was stressful but I handled it in professional manner.
Productive place of work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIAugust 10, 2017
Cleanliness, success, determine. We get raises every 3 month, discounts on hotel rooms, coworkers are respectful, dependable people, always clean the right way
Pros
Free lunch, discounts on rooms
Cons
Short breaks
Hard work
Housekepper (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIAugust 3, 2017
Housekeeping is hard laborious work. Management is like family. Benefits include discounts. Advancement is doable when positions are opened. They provide free lunch.
Fun place, tough work, worth it.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJuly 13, 2017
Some positions the work can be rather grueling and patience is definitely key here, but the attractions and the benefits the Lodge offers for the local attractions makes your job well worth it. If you really get into the fun they have to offer it won't be such a drag and the pay is decent and they allow you to advance fairly. I would appreciate more Lodge employee wide events that invites their families but they are are an amazing workplace.
Pros
Free Lunch
Hosekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMay 26, 2017
I learned alot how to be with customer and take care of rooms that. People Stay in they loved my work I wuz always on time had a fun place to work I cleen about 10 to 12 rooms aday
Pros
Free lunch
Great starter job, but you need to play the game to advance.
Ratskeller Attendant (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMay 25, 2017
Good co-workers if they stay around. Good people are looked over for ones that kiss the right butts. It's a hotel so there are no holidays off. They provide daily lunches, which are usually pretty good. A lot of politics, and you really need to know the right people to get ahead. Depending on the job, you can easily get 35+ hours a week during the summer/busy season, hours are hard in the winter and the first 2-3 months a year.
"Family friendly hotel" means lots of kids, especially downstairs in the pool/arcade/rats Keller. Smells like chlorine terribly, your eyes will burn after a long day in the family fun center.
Productive work environment
Lead Ratskeller Attendant (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIApril 9, 2017
Fast Past work environment. Very hot, but nice people. Hardest part of the job is deal with difficult guest. The people in my deapartment are the only reason I would stay.
Perfect place to start in the food industry
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJanuary 1, 2017
With never being a server before they were very willing to take the time to teach me and had a wonderful training program. They take their jobs seriously but the employees are also fun! The guests were always top priority and anyone who expected to just walk in and not do their share of the work wasn't going to make it. They were very understanding with their employees who were dedicated to do their work and were honest!
look and act professional vary fun place
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MINovember 16, 2016
The Bavarian inn lodge is a vary peaceful fun and enjoyable hotel there is alot of things to do and has more then one pool always see new faces when I walk in and stays busy I feel loved by my co workers always speaking good and motivating me to do well
Pros
30 min lunch break
Get ready to be Turned Over!!
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMay 11, 2016
This is possibly the worst place I have ever worked at. You're constantly meeting someone new, they work you as much as they can and when you ask for a day off it's the end of the world ESPECIALLY if your management. The training there is far and few between and it really is a culture you need to have at least a full year immersed in it, but they don't give that to you. And they micromanage the out of you.
Pros
Pay, Discounts, most of the co-workers.
Cons
Upper Management, NO work/life balance
Productive Work Enviroment
Reservations Sales Agent, Operator, Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MI 48734April 27, 2016
Management was typically fair with employees, and regularly involved themselves with employees to build relationship. Stable work enviroment and stable hours.
Hardest Part
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MINovember 5, 2015
Working in Frankenmuth you have to be from the right family or do or say the right things. it is very hard to please the people you work for in that type of setting because even when something is cleaned properly to some people it still may not be clean enough. i got along with everyone that i worked with but the management team were something else snotty stuck up didn't want to listen just did not go over well for me there.