Bay Area Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Laid Off
LABOR AND DELIVERY STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJune 11, 2019
Perfect job, almost to good to be true and suddenly I was laid off, sad ending, however enjoyed my time there. I was employed for 3 months and received a lot of education.
No comment
Shipping/Receiving Coordinator/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXDecember 12, 2018
Bay area was filled with a bunch great employees and I loved the atmosphere and the pay. The benefits were awesome as well. The only downfall would be the poor management of job security.
Horrible experience
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXDecember 5, 2018
Hospital closed, no notice.
Worse experience ever.
Overall, I loved working with my co workers. It was just unfortunate that they would close a facility with such short notice.
Micro Management= poor management
Revenue Integrity Director (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 28, 2018
Micro Management/ Poor executive management...Too many meetings, no time left to actually work. Not enough support staff. Too many hands in the CDM process. Now bankrupt... Poor Upper management above directors.
Cons
"o" issues
The environment was Not effective
Hospital Receptionist (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 25, 2018
Dont Apply! The environement was very inappropriate. The pay was low and management was not supportive. I've work there for some time and since I've been there, many employers get fired or quit the first week. This placed is closed down, so no worries!
Pros
N/a
I enjoyed working there
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TX 77598October 31, 2018
Reason why i had to leave because hospital was shutting down due to bad banrcrupcy. I enjoyed my work there and with different people and patients . .
Hospital Closed
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Bay Area Regional Hospital closed after only being in operation for less than 3 years. Very poorly managed. No surprise they are no longer open for business.
productive and competitive work enviorment
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 6, 2018
a typical day at work? lots of movement, fast-paced, sometimes challenging. worked with inexperienced supervisors. but good place to work, worked well with co-workers. Director of department was amazing
Pros
free meals, incentives
Cons
inexperienced supervisors
Great place to work if it was still open
OPERATING ROOM NURSE (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJuly 24, 2018
Bay Area was a great place to work. The staff worked as a team to give the best service to the patients. I fully enjoyed working there while it was still in operation.
a New vision where medicine meets state of the art technology
Emergency Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJuly 23, 2018
Loved the journey. It was a shame it could not last. I thought I would retire from there. The people that were hired at the beginning were the best of the best. It was a privilege to work with such amazing people.
Pros
Nice ride
Cons
Management from the beginning
Had great potential as a regional community hospital
Physician Assistant-Certified (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJune 22, 2018
BARMC closed April of 2018. I was able to work very independently in a diverse position in cardiology. Initially, the hospital had an extremely collaborative and happy place to work, however after change in administration, work environment changed and eventually closed with no warning to work staff.
Charge Nurse RN. INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (Former Employee) –  ICUJune 11, 2018
Excellent establishment for a total progressive career minded health care practitioners. It could be hectic most of the times with available resources.The location teaches and trained staff continuously.
Pros
ongoing training
Cons
closed down
Nice place to work
Director Respiratory Care Services & EEG (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXJune 11, 2018
Facility closed was a great place to work, built department from ground up. Staff was highly engaged and customer focused. Care was well above average for community
This hospital closed its doors on May 6,2018 with no warning to employees
RN (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJune 8, 2018
This hospital closed its doors with no warning. They did not even call me to let me know that i no longer have a job. I did enjoy my job there but i am very disappointed with the facility for not doing their employees right.
It was good while it lasted.
RN in PACU (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 31, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working with BARMC in the PACU, occasionally in Pre-Op, most weekends, on call, and as relief Charge. I thrived on the patient interaction and the family like interaction with my coworkers who I deeply miss. The hardest part of my job was working with not all of the supplies needed when we were under the financial strain. The easiest part was talking to my patients and getting to know their lives, their struggles, and their goals. I truly enjoyed imparting what I could - belief within themselves, courage, passion, and inspiration to overcome whatever they faced. I realized I could do that without any supplies, drugs, or modality. In return, they gave that back to me in 100% assurance that regardless of what was going on at my facility - they trusted me and instilled in me that I was where I was supposed to be at that time -- with them at their bedside. I am grateful for the experience I was given and the lives that imparted into mine as a result.
Pros
Flexible hours and great pay.
Cons
Shortage on major, essential supplies, drugs, and managerial support.
It was a fantastic place to work
Supervisor and Senior Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 25, 2018
I would have recommended anyone come work there up until the day they announced it was closing, and we all had to pack up our stuff and leave. A very, very sad day.
No response
BARMC EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 18, 2018
I have nothing to say about BARMC besides that I had the chance to meet some amazing patients/coworkers. I dislike the outcome of how the facility handled closing and left the employees hanging.
Pros
No response
Cons
Facility closed down with no prior notice leaving over 700+ employee unemployed.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 14, 2018
I personally enjoy the medical field, We room patients check vitals .micro manager. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, the most difficult part is dealing with patients whose being irate
Pros
Friendly environment staff cares for patients
Cons
Went bankrupt
We were fired with out any notice
Registered Nurse-Medical Surgical (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 14, 2018
The beginning of opening this hospital we were all hopeful for a new and exciting hospital in the Bay Area. All employees worked together to see the new hospital "grow".
However, we were abruptly fired on 5/4/2018 due to bankruptcy
Excellent tight nitted community
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 8, 2018
BARMC was getting to be a well established hospital in our community. There were many happy faces throughout the day. Management seemed to be working smoothly and our ER was busy. I was told many times by patients, that this was their favorite hospital to come to. The most enjoyable part of the job was growing together with my coworkers.
Pros
Having a sense of family oriented work place
Cons
Hospital closure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay Area Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Bay Area Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location