Bay Equity Employee Reviews

Be careful which loan officer/manager you work for
Loan Officer/Asst Bay Equity Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 16, 2019
the manager/loan officer I worked with has gone through more assistants and processors than I have every seen in this industry.
Some things they did where very questionable.
A good place to work
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 12, 2018
I found the management and work environment to be supportive and results oriented. The company appreciated and rewarded dedication and hard work and was provided opportunities for internal advancement.
worked remote, there was support
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 30, 2018
enjoyed the people I worked with. from 7:30 to 4:00, 30 minute lunch. underwrote the complicated loans, alot of manuals did the Government and special programs. tlked with LO's and processor's daily.
Pros
worked from home// they provided top equipment
Cons
at times lonely, couldn't get with managers they were busy
great company to work for!
Quality Control Auditor I -PFQC (Former Employee) –  Sausalito, CANovember 28, 2018
loved Bay! great company culture, great leaders. I really enjoyed attending the company summits where all remote people could get together and collaborate ideas, share information and learn about each other. Bay also was really great about training. highly recommend working here.
Pros
working remote
Cons
pay
Many green loan officers - loans didn't close
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 26, 2018
I Llked the company but the pay was overstated based on lack of volume.

Enjoyed my co-workers. I was given all the new loan officers who didn't know what they were doing, Bring loans from other companies and the borrowers where confused,
Pros
Buddy Greene was the best
Cons
pay
Productive and a Fun work place
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 19, 2018
My typical work day is auditing 20 files a day. I have been in many departments and have learned a lot of cross training. Work culture is amazing. I am able to work remote (from home) for 5 years. The hardest part is seeing my friends venture out and find new jobs. We are a close knit family. We enjoy each others laughter and fun emails.
Pros
Get to work from home
Cons
No Cons
Relax place to work
Loan Partner Assistant/Jr. Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
Working at Bay equity was a great experience of a relax pace company, family orientes and great management. Friendly people and very easy going very flexible as well
N/a
Remote Post Closing (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 2, 2018
I learned quite a bit through my employment with Bay Equity. TRID had just rolled out in place of the GFE and TIL, so I learned how to read the new LE's and CD's. I gained invaluable knowledge and skills when I was promoted to the post closing department.
Good management, good environment.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZSeptember 22, 2017
Management at Bay Equity is wonderful. There is always support for any employee that needs help. Always a friendly environment for customers and employees alike.
Solid Company
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Upper Management at this company I have always liked. The distance was an issue when I worked there. Not a solid understanding of my market. But was also a tough time in the market. They are doing solid things now. Happy to see that
Great technology, productive, family oriented
Loan processor (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 20, 2016
The owner's are down to earth and are genuine people.
Their technology was the best I have seen since being in the industry for 15 years. My husband and I are moving overseas for his work and I am not going to work for a while. Otherwise I would not be leaving. I was truly contemplating leaving the mortgage industry before coming to work here. I was lucky to work with some great branch managers as well and that certainly made a difference.
Pros
Technology, training, support
Down to earth people, good technology, fair pay.
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 22, 2016
Although I don't come across the corp team often, the interactions we do have show they are family oriented, genuinely good people.

The technology and benefits are strong compared to other companies where I have worked.

My direct managers were great people and understood the business from top to bottom.
Pros
The people, the technology
Cons
Longer drive than I'd prefer, I would love cheaper benefits (always!)
Had Potential
Operations Support Associate I (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 14, 2016
I initially enjoyed working for Bay Equity and thought they were different. But they blindsided their employees with a layoff right before the holidays.
Great company, bad management in place
Government Underwriter III (Remote) (Former Employee) –  remoteJuly 16, 2015
I have learned to never lesson or depend on a job to keep you going. I am so emotional right now discussing this employer my stomach hurts. I was violated and humiliated to be a remote employee.
new region in Texas. We opened the first regional branch in Texas and grew to 5 branches. We worked hard to expand quickly
Senior Processor/Office Adminstator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Bay Equity is a great company to work for with the Corporate Staff in the Bay Area of California. The owners are amazing Brett and Casey McGovern. They treat employees as family and are very motivated to make the company grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay Equity. Our community is ready to answer.