Bay Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Productive and amazing place to work!
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAMay 2, 2018
Loved my Co-workers
focused on helping employees succeed
Great benefit package!
Amazing community support
Great mentors and management team
Wellness Program!
Pros
Amazing Culture
May 10, 2018

Thank you for this review. We appreciate that your experience here was such a great one. Providing awesome benefits and development opportunities are just a few ways that we invest in our team members. Happy employees are a key to our success, and we are grateful for your service!

Its a fair place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJanuary 12, 2018
I have been with Bay Fed for a number of years. Hr rep. Is very welcoming.and is still a helpful resource. Pay is below avg. Management is poor. Culture is great! In my experience I would recommend Bay Fed to someone looking for a career, but it will be a gamble if you get a good manager. Most of the employees are fabulous, but there are a few that will try and ruin your day. You will find yourself torn between speaking up, or putting up. At the moment, I am putting up. Bay Fed is also great at showing appreciation towards employees, and keeps us all informed by having fun meetings once a month, and sending emails daily. As a whole Bay Fed is a fair place to work. Great CEO!
Pros
Fun and friendly, really cares about members
Cons
Poor managment has fell between the cracks
February 12, 2018

Thank you very much for providing this feedback. Bay Federal Credit Union is a learning organization that is always evolving. Our Management and Human Resources teams appreciate hearing good and constructive feedback. Please consider reaching out to your Management team or an associate in Human Resources who can learn from this feedback and provide the support needed. Your appreciation for our culture and values is evident and we would like to provide support and learn from your experience. Having these honest conversations help us to continue to grow and stay true to our core values.

I loved working here!
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Sad I had to leave. I would defiantly work here again if I ever move back to the area.
My managers were AMAZING, easy to chat with and genuinely cared about each of there employees.
Pros
Friendly management, Hr, and coworkers
Cons
Saturdays off are few and far between
February 12, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving this review. We appreciate that you still hold our organization in high regard, as that is what we strive for with all of our employees, past and present. Ensuring our employees are happy, productive, and encouraged to grow and thrive in their careers is a big priority for our Management team. We appreciate your recommendation and hope you will contact us should you ever return to the area!

Good job/work life balance
MEMBER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  CapitolaApril 26, 2017
It is a flexible company that allows for time off to take care of personal matters. This company has many locations and is willing to place you near your home.
Pros
Fun and friendly
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Good culture
Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Bay Federal Credit Union has a great culture. The credit union is growing so new opportunities will undoubtedly arise. Compensation could be better, but is compensated by good benefits.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  santa cruzJuly 30, 2013
great place to start a banking career learned the basics of banking. management was honest and credit union seemed to care about the community
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Capitola, CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2013
Overall culture is great. Working for the COO was excellent.
Nice Institution
Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CASeptember 6, 2012
I worked with NSF reports (non-sufficient funds). The hardest part for me was empathizing with the customers and not being able to reduce a lot of fees from bounced checks. I didn't like that part. It's that way with all banks though so I can't hold blame for Bay Federal for being any different.
Pros
always room for advancement
Cons
bank fees aren't waved enough for those who really just need a break
Wonderful place to work for!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAAugust 8, 2012
This place was the best place to work for. They value and appreciate every employee & member! I was layed off due to a reduction in force but otherwise I loved it and woulda stayed there forever!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3