Bay Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with great coworkers
RN, RN Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 28, 2019
The people there are great! Everyone is very willing to help or assist you with whatever you need. We are a true family. We always roll up our sleeves and get the job done.

You can have up to 7 -1 ratio for nursing with very ill patients. It's a heavy load. There is always overtime available.
Productive place to work and learn more to your postion
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 22, 2019
The nurse you work with are great , they jump in and help their Cnas , not its not their job to help , if you need help you get help from the nurses as well as the nurses get the help they need .
Workplace Culture
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 17, 2019
Bay Medical provides an opportunity if one is willing to learn. However, BMC has been stagnant in allowing cultural growth. Growth is provided at a great advance stage if you are within a certain category or ethnicity. .
Great opportunity for advancement in skill set
Medical Intensive Care and Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 13, 2019
This hospital offered a graduate RN position straight out of nursing school into the medical intensive care unit. I was also able to work in the emergency room. It provided advancement in nursing skill set as well as offered full medical benefits. .
Pros
High tech nursing skill set provision
Cons
Worked 3-11 shift Monday through Friday, little flexibility
Didn't seem to care for their employees
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 11, 2019
They didn't really seem to have that care for their employees at Bay Medical. We were just another body in the office and very dispensable.. Very hard place to work as they were always changing things around
Pros
Discount in Gift Shop
Cons
Hard place to keep a job
I liked it there
RN, Preop, Ambulatory Surgery, PACU (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 9, 2019
I was very happy working for bay medical center until I was laid of due to hurricane michael. I would gladly return to work there. I hope to be be recalled in the future but at this time have no idea if that is going to happen
Friendly work place
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Professional and friendly management. Company offered overtime occasionally. Work area was also clean and organized. My learning experience consist of reading heart rates and rhythm.
Bay med is not the place to make a living
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 23, 2019
Bay medical is run by management teams that absolutely do not care about their staff, even when they leave their families behind and work through a category 5 hurricane.
Good company
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 15, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed this job. I felt like the company genuinely cared about me as an individual. The staff were all wonderful. We were like family and there is always conflict in a family but we still resolved everything and moved on at the end of the day. It is unfortunate that we had a natural disaster which resulted in a massive lay off, but I understand and personally do not hold any ill will toward the company.
Management has their favorites
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 9, 2019
They are understanding when emergencies arrive but they have their favorites. Some employees do very little work whole other get over loaded with to much to keep up with
General
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 26, 2018
Insurance is less than desirable. Management and administration had unrealistic expectations. No involvement from upper level management to get involved and understand other positions challenges.
ok
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 23, 2018
I don't have a lot to say right now as I feel I have lost a part of my family since the layoff. It was a big blow to myself and a all of the others now searching for employment.
Pros
Benefits ok
Cons
Lot of sress
Absolutely enjoyed working at Bay Medical. Unfortunately hurricane Michael affected the facility
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FL 32401December 10, 2018
My hours were 7:30- 4 pm. My director was phenomenal and the family she cultivated in our department was above and beyond! Very family oriented. Sadly hurricane Michael caused my tenure to come to an end. I will miss everyone as they were a phenomenal group of people!
Pros
Amazing Director in my area!
Cons
None that I can think of...it was fast paced at times though
Great place to work and awesome culture
IT Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FL 32401December 10, 2018
Bay is a great place to work with many benefits. Unfortunately due to the hurricane many lost their jobs and sadly I was one. Staff and management demonstrate empathy and care for their employees,
Unstable
Not answering (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 7, 2018
Administration changed 3 times in 3 years with 3 different CEOs, 5 different COOs, 4 different CNOs. Very unstable environment. Strong lack of communication to staff.
A place with compassion to the patients and learning posibilities
Clerical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 13, 2018
Every day was filled with the opportunity to learn. The doctors and nurses where willing to teach a person with the interest to learn.
We all shared a common goal and it was to care for the patients to the best of our ability. It is a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Employment satisfaction
Cons
Short breaks
Good company
Cancer Registry Assistant/Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 23, 2018
I worked there on and off for over two decades. It is a good company to work for. Layoffs sometimes are a worry, but being hired back is not a problem if you have the skills necessary.
Pros
Overall good job
Cons
Layoffs
New nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 11, 2018
This is a great floor to start on as a brand new nurse. Everyone is always willing to step up and lend a helping hand. I would recommend this unit to new nurses.
Decent pay for area
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 1, 2018
Long hours especially if you work nights. No training or the job would have been tolerable. Left few weeks in due to frustration with both listed above.
workplace culture
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 20, 2018
i enjoyed working nights at bay everyone was very helpful and understanding,If i was back in the area i would go back for employment there, enjoyed my coworkers a lot