Bay State College Employee Reviews

Small School, caring faculty and staff
Graduate Assistant, Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 31, 2018
Bay State is a unique place to work, but the amazing faculty and staff that work there really care about their students and their experience. Culture is fun and relaxed.
Pros
Lots of collaboration and bonding
Cons
n/a
Bay State College in Transition
Part Time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2018
The college is undergoing a transition at this time. The work conditions used to be good under my prior manager. I parted from the program for various reasons.
fun place
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2018
fast work place learn something new everyday manage people took on last minute details, work very well with different cultures clean and organized all locations
Pros
working and learning
Cons
not enough hours
Good
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2017
It is a good site, i have been using it for a while. haven't found a yet on this site. But will keep using it. Its been over 7 yrs and i am still using it. that means something.
High tuition, low adjunct pay
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 18, 2017
This was not a nice place to work. The culture was meant to squeeze every bit of energy out of adjuncts, and not to compensate them appropriately. I would not recommend working here.
Excellent
Clinical Adjunct Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02116September 13, 2017
Excellent, will continue as needed. Good place to work, friendly professional flexible great knowledge base and program coordination. Would recommend.
Working all the time
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Back Bay, MAAugust 9, 2017
Working as an RA is a 24hr 7days a week job. There is no clocking out, you are on call all the time. It is definitely team oriented and easy to work there.
Pros
Free room and food
Cons
No time off
ok place to work
Hardware Specialist/Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2017
....if you know the management well. during my time there i didn't have many issue. but some of my co-workers did not feel the same. i never really got into what their issues were.
Pros
friendly management
Cons
department managers were micromanagers
Part time faculty is isolated
Adjunct Math Professor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 2, 2017
As part time adjunct faculty it is easy to become isolated. I taught 2 or 3 days a week depending on the semester. I was on contract so I do not know if I am teaching in the fall.
Small college that serves a niche market of students
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2017
This college is excellent for anyone who wants to work with a small close knit team. The only downfall of this college is that they do not treat their students with the respect they deserve. If you want to work in a place that is going to make an actual difference in students success, this is a great place to start. But the advancement can come with some drawbacks, such as high employee turnover and poor benefits for your hardwork.
Pros
Location, Direct impact on students
Cons
High employee turnover, Poor benefits, College treats students poorly
great place to work
Hardware Specialist/Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 10, 2016
great place to work. small and communication between departments and upper management is great, but room for salary improvement is somewhat lacking.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
salary ladder is lacking.
Productive workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2016
Great place to work. Did cleaning of the school Lab and classroom set-up to prepare for class. Over all the experience was great.
On the Edge
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2016
There have been many changes including a new president. When that usually occurs, the culture changes sometimes for the worst. They cut my staff and we were understaffed from the get go. They give me a hard time to take days or vacation and I have to be on call during my days off. I'm overwhelmed.
Pros
Small College
Cons
Cafe Food
happy students that you get to see
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2015
You see students everyday with a smile on their face and get to associate with them. I learned that you have to be patient and respectful with students and listen to what they have to say. The hardest part of the job was leaving the students because you gain a special bond with them. The part I enjoyed the most was getting to see the students and serving them.
Fast Pace Environment
PLANNER/COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2015
Counsel day, evening and online students
Review ISIRS and complete the verification process
Log student’s NSLDS, COD history
Award institutional, federal and state aid according to federal regulations
Counsel families on Direct PLUS, Stafford, and Sallie Mae loans
Public speaker at open houses and accepted students day
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Small Financial Aid Department
It was a fun and informative place to work
Assistant to the Director of Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 26, 2013
When I got to work I would immediately begin filing the files that had been taken out earlier that day. Afterwards I would go around the school collecting the attendance sheets from the teachers so that I could enter them into the computer. While doing that I would answer the phones and take messages while directing students towards the different places they need to go.
Pros
Free lunches, Enjoyable place to work, Fast Pace, Learning Environment
Cons
N/a
Much structure and emotional fulfillment
Librarian/Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2013
As a librarian, I faced a job that had a lot of structure in terms of often performing admin. tasks on a certain schedule, which can be comforting, since you always know what to expect. There was also a lot of room to perform new activities and be creative, as in finding new books or media to add to the library catalog, having a role in developing curricula for library student seminars, coming up with themes for library shelf displays, etc.
small college, great learning experience
ADA/International Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2012
excellent place to work for, i do regret leaving, they compensate really well fro your hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay State College. Our community is ready to answer.

Bay State College Reviews by Location