Bay State Community Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
HORRIBLE and a stressful place to work. Lack of organization
N/A (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 5, 2018
There is no room for growth. Poor management and workplace culture. The company is not a safe and conducive place to work. The worst company that i have ever worked in.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not a conducive environment to work.
Terrible place to work
Senior Intensive Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 16, 2018
BayState is a horrible place to work. Only specific people are allowed to advance and you are thrown under the bus almost daily even when didn't do anything. Raises almost never given, not even for cost of living. Bad experience
Supervisors supportive , flexible
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMay 14, 2018
Great supervisors and directors very supportive and k nn knowledgeable. Management is terrible they only care about productiviry. Low pay . flexible schedule
Best job! Outstanding supervisors!
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 7, 2018
Best job. The supervisors are very supportive and provided guidance. The staff was exceptional, and if I did not have to relocate for personal reasons, I would still be employed with them.
Pros
Superviors
Cons
Paperwork
Not focused on best practices
Intensive Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 7, 2018
Families of clients are not helped much and are often left feeling awkward for allowing services into their homes. The potential for success os there, but management is poor.
Supportive agency with integrity
Counselor (Current Employee) –  BraintreeMarch 2, 2018
BSCS is one of the best places I've worked. As a counselor, I felt so heard and supported through every step of my career path. The management takes time to get to know you and your skills/talents. BSCS continues to impress me by always making ethical and best practice decisions. I highly recommend this agency! The people are top in their field.
Pros
CEU Training and Supports
Great hours, free food & a game room.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 31, 2018
As far as working for the company, they were great. They helped with whatever I needed as an employee to do my job. The kids could be a lot to handle in a full house. Most of the time it was calm and fun to be around the kids though. Game room and monthly catered meetings are nice too.
Pros
Hours and Vacation Time
Cons
The occasional restraint of a teen hurting themselves or someone else.
Supportive co-workers and direcotr
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 11, 2017
Bay State Community Services is a supportive and worth wile agency to work for. Direct social work can be stressful in general so the Directors there make sure their employees are taking care of them selves and do their best to support them.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
productivity model
Would not recommend
Intensive Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 24, 2017
I learned a lot by being an Intensive Care Coordinator, but everything I learned was through on the job training. There was no formal training through Bay State Community Services and management was ill-equipped to manage and train.
Pros
design your own schedule
Cons
management, benefits
Productive work environment great workers
Mental Health Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 23, 2017
Pretty good experiences love the people I work with the work environment can be stressful but manageable. The residents vary and are challenging but help grow you as a staff.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Stressful
Great Place to work, excellent culture and supervision
HR (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 31, 2017
Great place to work, excellent supervision. The culture is nurturing, supportive and fun. You will learn a lot and have a tremendous opportunity to grow in your career.
Pros
Culture, management.
Cons
Incredible caring culture for staff and clients
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAAugust 22, 2017
Bay State has a culture like no other. They agency as a whole genuinely cares about all of their staff as well as al of the clients served. We are treated well as staff and are encouraged to utilize self care and seek supervision when needed.
Good company though clients can be difficult.
Supervising Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAJuly 5, 2017
I learned a great deal at Bay State. It is obvious that employers want to take care of their employees. I worked at one of the group homes and although it was a difficult population, I am proud to say I have worked with the company and clients. At the end of the day, it is not what I want out of a career but a great learning experience nonetheless.
Pros
Great coworkers, nice employers
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, difficult clients
Energetic and eventful workplace
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 8, 2017
Overall, Bay State Community Services is a wonderful company to work for, as they provided all the necessary training and have energetic and skilled employees. While there is no "typical day" working in a community based home, everyone is trained for whatever challenge might arise throughout the day. Flexibility and the ability to change priorities quickly are just two of the skills I have obtained in the time there. All of the supervisors are friendly, helpful, and incredibly skilled at what they do. Personally, I most enjoy working with the residents and investing in their lives. Although, the hardest part of the job is often handling crisis situations. In my time there, I have grown as a more independent, knowledgeable, and experienced Residential Counselor and value all that I have learned.
great leadership
contracted clinician (Current Employee) –  dedham maJanuary 12, 2015
great compamy love everything about the agency. ghreat HR great supervison great co-workers.
love working for this comapany stable leadership great addiction treatment programs
Safety, structure and support
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 9, 2015
Residential work is challenging as a residential counselor - you are in the trenches with the adolescents each and everyday. Self-care and staff support are strong. It is important to have clear communication, maintain structure and firm boundaries in this setting. A CPI, non-violent crisis prevention, is taught regularly to keep both staff and residents safe in the house.
supportive fun place to work
Senior Clinician (Full-time to Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 25, 2014
busy outpatient clinic with great colleagues and interesting cases. Super learning environment.
Pros
lots of training and support
Cons
low pay
Great Place to Work!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 13, 2014
I love working for Bay State! There are so many opportunities for me to learn and grow in my field. And, my coworkers are amazing everyone works really well together and they are always available to help when you need it:)
Pros
My coworkers are amazing and I know that I am helping people!
No advancement possible
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAAugust 19, 2013
Company is not motivated to help itself. Hiring is based on cronyism and not quality or production of employee.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay State Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Bay State Community Services Reviews by Location