Bay State Milling Employee Reviews

Relaxed family atmosphere
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 30, 2019
I worked as an admin assistant/receptionist at BSM Bolingbrook for 2 years. Great hours, good pay, close-nit team. Unfortunately i had to resign due to medical issues i was having, that affected my work.
Pros
Casual dress code, luncheons, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Old School equipment and office machines
It was a very small office and very fun to work for. Laid back and friendly group of people. Lots of lunches, birthday celebrations, Holiday celebrati
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 27, 2018
This was a Part time/Temp to hire job that never became permanent. I worked there for 1.5 yrs. 6-8 hrs a day some weeks. The hours worked out for me when I was keeping my grandkids full-time for 7 months. I was working through a temporary agency and I was hired for 8-12 4 hrs a day.

It paid 16.00 hr which I thought was pretty decent but, no benefits. So that's why I rated it a 4 for Comp/Benf.
A 3 for Job Security because it was a part-time temp job.
Decided they hated me long before I left
Traffic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2018
I was paid well for my troubles here, but I was also miserable. No one believed in my talent, and they did the whole passive-aggressive thing where there are social rules that nobody tells you until you've screwed up. It was horrible and I am so glad to be out of there. Bunch of stuck-up rich jerks from Boston.
i work a flour blender
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJSeptember 10, 2018
add ingredient/mesured the sideload and bean add formula and mo re clean my office and my work area unload the flour train and my job i get fire control trane and fafety
Pros
profesional treadment
Cons
fear breack
Great staff and managment also you where trained in all areas in the warehouse just in case that area was understaffed plus if you needed extra hours
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 13, 2018
Great place to work with great management and staff very fast pace but not stressful and if you needed to switch areas you could extra hours if needed
Pros
Extra hours if you needed them or wanted them
Cons
They moved the company out of state
Good Company
Customer Service/ Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 24, 2018
I liked working for this company, but the workload became too much, and management did not want to hire more support. Would recommend this company to others, but management needs to recognize the workload of individuals and offer support where they can
Poor work/private life balance
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZApril 25, 2018
Overall I enjoy the type of work I currently do. Unfortunately, There is a very poor management currently in charge and last minute scheduleing is the way things operate.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Poor Scheduling, Reactive Management
Poor management
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 18, 2018
New management will stab you in the back and show no support for years of loyal service. Used to be a good company but a lot has changed in the last year.
Great place good people
Corporate Quality Services Manager/Director (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 9, 2018
Good Company, forward thinking. The company and the people care about you. Willing to let people grow and experiment. CEO has a great Vision and the family is dedicated to the business.
You can make great money
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNNovember 13, 2017
You are just a body to fill a spot, both management and union leadership are evil. There is a reason they have been hiring nonstop for years, they do not appreciate the people they have. Most of the regular workers are good folks that only want to provide for their families. Great pay but it is a deal with the devil.
Pros
Great earning power
Cons
You are just a body to fill a spot
Best employer I have ever worked for.
Industrial Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 20, 2017
Respect and fair treatment for employees, good work conditions, plenty of opportunities for advancement. Always honored employees for holidays and special accomplishments of work. Great company to work for.
Pros
Respect, advance opportunity, clean and safe working enviroment.
Cons
None, except plant closed at location I worked.
Good place to work fast past
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COJanuary 16, 2018
Good place to work good people to. When bagging keep up it is very fast past we will try to drop the bags on the other person to keep them on there feet.
Pros
Got lunch sometimes
Cons
Can get very cold
Old Family Owned
Senior Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 2, 2017
Work culture was difficult minimum turn over so new people were judged against very experienced employees in a small industry.

Old team and new team were easily separated and judged.
Pros
Old established company
Cons
Old company with very few turnovers in employees
A graet placw to work for
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 4, 2017
It was a great job nice and friendly people to work with loved going to work everyday. was a good and clean warehouse great communication skills every nice
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
healthcare
Very hostile working environment
Grain Elevator Operator (Former Employee) –  Winona, MN 55987October 6, 2017
Very corrupt management staff, extremely corrupt labor union, and those who tried to stay neutral were black-balled. Extreme amounts of overtime, and hostile coworkers.
best if your a single guy that wants alot of hours
Operator/Driver (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 22, 2017
terrible leadership, don't have a family because they don't matter when it comes to bay state's needs, very demanding safe working conditions until leadership needs something done then it doesn't matter
Great Place to work
Controller (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 17, 2017
Co-workers make this place run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

It is a great place to work. There is plenty of opportunity to work overtime. Benefits are well above average.
Nice place to work
Maintence (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 21, 2015
I worked as a maintence painter here. Home improvement is my second passion after cars. The crew there that I worked a long with my our jobs fairly easy because we all worked together.
Terrible management
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNDecember 28, 2016
Supervisors are terrible. Terrible environment to work in not many people like going to work so lots of them are crabby,
Great Company with Great people
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Platteville, COFebruary 21, 2013
I love this company and i would come back in a heart beat. This is a awesome group of people to work with.