Bay and Bay Transportation Employee Reviews

Great support and executive team
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJune 7, 2018
Family owned company, that offered solid support from finance, IT, and ownership. Fun place to work with good customers and employees. Good opportunities for hard working dedicated team members.
Pros
Well respected company
Cons
Challenging industry
Struggling to Stay Afloat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 5, 2018
It became apparent near the end of my employment at Bay and Bay that things were becoming less stable. Folks had been laid off, and people were starting to quit in droves.

Management was often very harsh and did not provide a lot of incentive to stay. Opportunities for advancement did not exist.
It sucks
Truck Driver Local (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 18, 2017
they lie to you about everything and they do not care about what happens to you if you work or not. I was a local driver..............................
My experience at Bay and Bay was confusing.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNNovember 6, 2017
You never really had a sense of security. The company business would spike and then u were busy when business was low u were not. It was truly feast or famine. Bay and Bay had a very fast turn over rate it when people left the company many were really upset.
I must admit though their is a sense of family at Bay and Bay and they do what they can to help you sometimes it just not enough.
Pros
functional equipment and good road service.
Cons
Feast or Famine
Hauling dry bulk in tankers.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNAugust 14, 2017
Good people to work with. Physically demanding work.
Frequent trips to Canada.
Different products carried in the same tankers. Must be VERY careful not to have contamination. Must climb inside the tanker to clean it out between loads. Especially challenging in below freezing weather.
Pros
Good dispatchers
Cons
Physically demanding work
They use a big stick and a little carrot
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 5, 2017
Employees are leaving. They treat employees very poor. Upper management knows about unacceptable behavior of the former director of operations and current director. Allows the bad behavior to continue and pushes quality people out the door. Terrible working conditions. They only know how to motivate with threats.
Good idea, wrong execution
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNAugust 2, 2017
When I first went to orientation (30 yr OTR) the company sounded great. I was an owner op. After being there for a few weeks the "driver manager" aka dispatch turned out to be a total pr***. Left me sitting in Chicago many times when he knew exactly when I was delivering or picking up. Tried several times to get me to run overtime when my logs had run out. Company has the right idea but the employees in charge of the drivers just don't care about you unless you kiss their butts. Even then it doesn't work to your favor. Many times dead heading and many unpaid miles.
Pros
Great freebies
Cons
driver managers stink
Going under
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 31, 2017
Company is on the verge of going bust , drivers are leaving in droves and the recruiters can't hire fast enough cause they are paying the drivers 1980 wages.

The owner is a very nice guy but the people that he has running the company on a day to day basis are retreads fired from other companies.

Lately employees fear for their jobs as every day they send emails saying so and so no longer works there and to keep a positive spin on it so people don't see the turmoil.

Insurance is over 1100.00 a month for family coverage for garbage coverage at that.
Cons
Insurance costs 1100 a month
co lease is bad
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNMay 26, 2017
company lease program needs to be changed and camera in side truck make some driver uncomfortable it is a violation of privacy they say they care about driver But what i seen they do not care about nothing except themselves
Pros
good equipment
Cons
lease program is the worst
Work as a driver
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 25, 2017
If you work for Bay and Bay dont plan to stay for long. Either the workload will get you, the fact you have to work from home most nights, or the lack of communication will. If you are going to work for this company do so as a driver
Family Orientated
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNMay 1, 2017
Always got me home to take care of home business, which took away some of the stress of being away for long periods of time. The staff was easy to communicate with.
Fun Place to work!
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNFebruary 22, 2017
Great company that appreciates their employees! I was able to start a transition fleet and grow it. Your hard work will not go unrecognized.Opportunities to grow are endless.
very good place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJanuary 30, 2017
company at the high level,
friendly people, providing work,
family atmosphere as with the
right equipment/ new trl/
truck service
and road service
a big help when help is needed on the road in a different state
Pros
awards for accident-free and safe driving/bonus, gift cards/
Cons
an appreciation week/free breakfast, lunch and dinner/
Solid organization
Flatbed/Specialized Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 13, 2016
Great people, beautiful facility, Overall very satisfied with company. Turnover seems to be a minor issue, but what company doesn't have that these days?
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
Company vision
Wondeful place to work for.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 25, 2016
Bay and Bay Transportation was derived from a family oriented business. They started as a very small business and grew to be a great contender in the industry today.
Great Place to Work
Director of Logistics Operations (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 17, 2016
When I started at the company a few years ago, we had less than 10 people in our logistics division. Today we've got around 70. We keep growing, adding customers, adding people, improving process. If you like working in an office full of people who enjoy what they're doing and who have fun thrilling Customers while working as a team, this is an awesome place to be.
Best Trucking Company
Class A OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNFebruary 12, 2016
I have to say working for Bay & Bay was the best job I've ever had. As a whole the best Trucking Company. I always think back to my days with Bay & Bay and smile.
Pros
Great Trucking Company
Cons
some time get a few good things
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJanuary 26, 2016
Start the day whit a positive attitude to get the maximum efficient at work.Trying to do the best you can to solve any inconvenience .
same as all otr co's
cdl-A truck driver (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJanuary 20, 2016
p/u loads drive to receivers-get unloaded wait for next load and do it again every day-go to different places all the time
Pros
freedom out on the road
Cons
getting treated bad at shippers and receivers
Basic Operation
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2015
Vehicle Check For Mechanical Safety, Apptopriate Procedures For Transporting goods,Fleet Manager Dispatch,Work W/Coworker And Customer On A Professional Level,Checking And Cleaning some Trl. Del And Geting Started Again.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay and Bay Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

Bay and Bay Transportation Reviews by Location