BAYADA Home Health Care

clientavailnursehouramazebenefitpatientcase

Great boss

Featured review

BAYADA Home Health Care selected this as a representative review
Love everything about this company. The management is communicative, and is always keeping us unto date on everything. I feel lucky to work for them. My director is amazing and I feel supported. There is room to grow in the company, but it does take time to advance.

May 12, 2021
Thank you for your kind words! We're very happy to read about your positive experience thus far at BAYADA. Thank you for the work you do for our clients and for sharing your review!

Great company, struggling branch

I love Bayada’s philosophy as a company. Compensation was good and great benefits but our individual branch has struggled. I was prepared to make this my last employer but that may not be possible.

BAYADA Home Health Care insights

Based on 1,912 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Great company supportive of its emplorees

They bend over backwards to match the right aide to the right client. Very flexible schedules. Decent benefits. Clinical manager (RN) is very dedicated and supportive. High turnover among office staff though. Corporate is a little too concerned with "wokeness" but they do support employees with education and career advancement.

May 20, 2022
Thank you for your kind words and for sharing them with us! We're happy to see your pleasant experience as a BAYADA employee. Thanks for being part of our family!

Productivity/ teamwork make fun place of work!

Great place to work for! Gives you the flexibility you need for your family as you learn and grow with company. Awesome opportunities with wonderful customer service ☺️

May 20, 2022
Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us! Thanks for being part of our team.

The staff are amazingly friendly

The staff are generously helpful, they make learning easy. I would totally recommend this company to anyone starting in the Home Health Aide industry

May 20, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share! We're happy to hear about your pleasant experience and your recommendation to others.

Know what you’re getting into before starting

Nothing they said from their job offer to orientation was true. The rates they till you they will pay up to is a lie. Horrible hours. They say they allow you to make your own schedule,Ya that is true. How? By throwing at you a bunch of 4 hour open shifts hoping to plug you into those hours, that is what they mean by making your own schedule.

May 20, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback with us, we do appreciate your honesty. However, we encourage you to email us at feedback@bayada.com so we can discuss your comments further.

No, it's not just an act and it is actually not "to good to be true... "

I was surprised at how friendly everybody when I was going through the onboarding process and I thought these people couldn't be this genuinely kind and happy but 8 months in and yes, they really are genuinely warm people. The managers will bend over backwards to accommodate you and help you get to your shift if say, your car breaks or even if you're afraid of driving in bad weather! Bonuses for picking up extra shifts are abundant! It really does give an incentive to pick up some extra hours.Weekly pay is really nice!They don't schedule you with a case unless you feel comfortable.My only complaint is more about myself than the company, I can't stand monotony and though I have a few cases that I pick up when there is a nurse out or vacationing. Most nurses seem to have one case as their full time case. I'd rather many cases that I rotate on so hours can be a little more famine than feast at times.In summation, this company really deserves all of the praise it receives. It's nice to actually be truly appreciated for what I do... it's not just a motto on a canvas bag.

May 19, 2022

I thought this company had a good reputation before i started working for them, i found out different afterwards

When i applied for the job, on the website was advertised at one starting rate, when i started the job it was $2 less an hour than what i expected, was,nt happy about this

Pros

i did meet some nice clients and their families

Cons

low pay, poor health insurance, no compensation for mileage

May 19, 2022
Thank you for sharing. We appreciate your honesty and would like to discuss your comments further. If you are comfortable, please email us at feedback@bayada.com.

The pay

The pay sucks for HHA for all the work they do. I really don't have anything else to say except this. Aides always work the hardest but get the less pay regardless of experience. We are the backbone to all agencies and all hospitals around the world. Efficient care wouldn't happen of HHA nursing assistants etc didn't exit. Got to do better in this industry

Pros

Office staff nice

Cons

Pay sucks

May 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your comments are heard. If you would like to discuss them further, please email us at feedback@bayada.com.

The best home care company

They hold very high standards when it comes to client care and they treat employees with respect. Able to give us all the equipment we need to perform our jobs adequately especially at the height of the pandemic

May 14, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share! We appreciate your kind words. We want all of our employees to be equipped with training and supplies so that they feel comfortable and confident providing care.

Love the clients

Love making a difference in the clients life. Benefits aren’t great nor is the accrual of PTO . We don’t get sick days or anything. Compensation recently went up but it doesn’t equal to some other organizations.

May 18, 2022
Thank you for sharing! We appreciate your feedback and will escalate it with the appropriate parties.

The company fills positions with warm bodies

The company is only trying to fill spots with warm bodies and does not take into consideration compensation or benefits. Frequently they hire people who are not qualified, there is zero field training or follow-up for quality assurance or customer satisfaction. Communication between employees and customers is poor, at best.

Pros

Flexible when a person is late or needs to leave early

Cons

Lack of competitive compensation or benefits

May 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your honesty. However, your comments are concerning as that is not how we want any of our employees to feel. We'd value the opportunity to discuss this further with you and ask that you email us at feedback@bayada.com. We hope to hear from you!

It was Ok!

I liked the job but if they don’t have clients for you or someone cancels it was hard to find that time spot to fill. So pretty much for two hours your clientless

May 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate your honesty.

Wonderful home care agency

Wonderful flexibility and work life balance, truly will accommodate schedule requests. Very rewarding and the company stands behind their values. Kind office staff. Benefits could be better.

May 11, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share! We appreciate your kind words.

Meh

I haven't been with Bayada long but so far no real complaints. Their compensation is probably the lowest and they list minimum and maximum rates only to state they only pay the minimum across the board. Overall it's okay here.

May 11, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your review! We appreciate your comments.

Would have retired from there but….

So I am reviewing a specific office. A family member works for another office and has a completely different experience. I really loved my work. The management helped me to succeed. My issue was that the office did not take into consideration location of visits and time for travel. They also would add visits on last minute and you were just expected to do it. I really only had one day off per week because my visits for Monday would not be loaded until Sunday so I had to wait and call my patients then. And even on Saturdays doctors would be calling back and you never turn your back on a doctor call. The work was rewarding, I like the support, but the work life balance was the main issue for me.

The managers and office staff are very supportive of the field employees!

They genuinely care that the staff are comfortable with each client, and provide the tools to be confident without being patronizing. Not only do they respect the field employees' time and show appreciation, but they also show the clients' respect, even when some clients are more challenging than others.

Poor pay & benefits

The staff in the office have little to no respect for nurses. There is little to no training before you are on your own, which is no safe. I feel like all they care about is billing. The pay and benefits are better at Amazon and that’s pretty bad. The patient ratio is the major bonus.

Pros

One to one patient ratio

Cons

Pay, benefits, support by office staff

May 4, 2022
Thank you for sharing your review. We want all of our employees to feel fully prepared and trained to make sure we are caring for clients in the safest way possible. We don't take your feedback lightly and would ask you to email us at feedback@bayada.com so we can share these comments with the appropriate parties. We hope to hear from you!

Fulfilling job, low pay

Bayada is a great place to work. Pay is lacking for the skills required. Training is exceptional. Bayada has many cases ranging from 8, 10, and 12hrs.

May 17, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We understand your feedback about pay, as this is something we struggle with across locations due to low reimbursement rates from the legislation.

Very productive

i enjoy working for my client but don’t get paid enough for the work I do, get low pay for week 12 hour is not enough for the job you with client should get paid more if you want to keep worker

May 17, 2022
Thank you for sharing! We understand your feedback about pay, as this is something we struggle with across locations due to low reimbursement rates from the legislation.

It could be worst…

It wasn’t the best place I worked nor was it worst. Some of the staff was great others not so and it showed. The client interaction was the best. Pay rate and mileage is low. Weekly pay and benefits was great!

Pros

Weekly pay Benefits

Cons

Pay rate and mileage rate

May 17, 2022
We're sorry to hear about your one-star experience as a BAYADA employee. We understand your feedback about pay, as this is something we struggle with across locations due to low reimbursement rates from the legislation. If you would like to discuss your comments further, we encourage you to reach out at feedback@bayada.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAYADA Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight