BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,916 reviews matching the search See all 1,926 reviews
Featured review
BAYADA Home Health Care selected this as a representative review
Great company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 12, 2019
I have been with bayada for almost 2 yrs. I spent a good part of that with the same client about 10 mins from my house. When I didnt want to go there anymore because of the guys behavior they found me a female client with the same hrs and with in 15 mins of my house. When I had to take time off because my son was sick they gave it to me, when I needed time off to burry my dad I got that no questions asked! They are great people!! From my nurse to the office manager I really feel valued and cared about!!!
Loved working here
Former HOME CARE PEDIATRIC NURSE (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 18, 2019
Bayada is probably the most reputable home care agencies to work for. They do extensive training to help better prepare you for the home care case you are to work. Management are very nice and approachable. The only reason I am not working here still is lack of advancement for LPNs.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
Lack of advancement for LPN
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 16, 2019
I loved working here. The people were great and so nice. And everything was easy to learn and get a hang of. If i had trouble or if i had a question i could ask anyone. They made me feel very welcomed .
Company good to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 16, 2019
Excellent review. Good managers and clinical supervisor. Have to like working in other people’s homes and environment can be the hardest part of the job. Have to be able to work independently.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Salary could be better
For RNs to review
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 16, 2019
You will NEVER advance in the company , no matter what, same pay for years, never get raises, have to work approx. 3,000 hours before you can even get PTO time, very low pay, RNs make on average what an LPN would make.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Non
Slow and boring, Stressful, Dead end
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIMarch 15, 2019
The workplace culture is slow pace. Convenient in the terms of flexible scheduling. But lacks job security and motivation. Majority of patients are distractible towards caregivers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
workplace culture, Attitudes of patients, Dead end job
Flexable Schedule
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLMarch 15, 2019
Bayada is an excellent place to work however the pay is low and the work is very hard. The scheduling coordinators do their best to give you the hours that you need.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
low pay
Bayada used to be a good place to work
Case Manager for North Wilmington Facilities (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 14, 2019
I have worked for Bayada for numerous years. It used to be a place where the employees were cared about. However over the years and specifically in the last 2 years it has declined. Field employees are no longer respected. They do not give raises unless you beg for one and even then you may not get one.
They say they want work and life to balance out but most nights I;m working anywhere from 6-12 pm and that doesn't include the visits themselves. They are not receptive to ideas, changes or the fact that we are consistently over worked and under paid. I highly suggest you look elsewhere for employment.
Poor manager
Homecare (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 14, 2019
Was a great place to work until they changed managers. Had a dad accuse me over a character issue. I was not guilty and no one went to bat for me. They let me go because they believed him. Worked for that family almost a year. Very hurt to be accused and nobody saw my side. Guilty because. Make sure you kiss behind in order to stay there. I was not the Bayada way for this manager. They lost an excellent nurse, for something so stupid. Beware it is not the same great place I started with. Also poor on clients and work. Stood by for a month without work while my client was hospitalized and no one cared to get me a temp client.
Pros
Get hours I wanted
Cons
No management support when accused of stuff
Enjoy working for Bayada
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 13, 2019
Bayada was the first agency i worked for and im happy to be working for them. Great pay! And understanding case managers. Very helpful and always care for their employees.
Great place to work for.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCMarch 12, 2019
Having been a nurse over 20 years i have worked a little every where but Bayada is by far the best organnized and professional. The owner is generous and thoughtful of his employees.
Pros
Good hours and safe environments
Cons
Mostly night shifts available
LOVE working for BAYADA!
HOME HEALTH NURSE (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NC 28403March 12, 2019
Best home health company that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Great pay, wonderful support from management and a happy environment to be around. I loved picking up extra shifts and plenty of overtime was always available.
Pros
Great pay, wonderful support
Cons
non that I can think of.
March 13, 2019

We are so glad to hear you are receiving wonderful support from your management team! Thank you for all that you do.

Flexible job, management good overall.
Pediatric RN (Current Employee) –  NCMarch 11, 2019
I’m an RN in home care. I love Bayada’s overall mission...they really believe in doing what’s right and being committed to your case/clients. Same here. The management team is good as far as collaborating and support. Sometimes communication is off, which could happen anywhere. My main issue is the pay. I haven’t made so little per hour since my first RN job in 2009. BUT this, to me, is mostly worth the flexibility and understanding that the company has concerning field staff with unique family circumstances/illness, etc. I’m taking care of my older mom with dementia, and if something happens with her and I need to be off, even if it’s short notice, they work with me. I turned down a hospital job guaranteeing 12 dollars an hour more just because if I had taken the job, I’d be obligated to a point system and fired if I couldn’t work 3 shifts in 1 year (if I called out 3 times, no matter the reason.) I was working for Bayada when I got the job offer. I also love working close with families, and in homes, where you can set your own pace, with consideration of the family’s needs. Bayada is close to their families. Overall, I’ve had the best experience I’ve ever had as far as jobs go, with Bayada.
March 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We truly appreciate your kind and honest feedback. We are lucky to have committed and dedicated nurses like you. Thank you for all that you do! We are glad to have you as part of our team.

Mission driven and very passionate about helping the community it serves.
Field Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 10, 2019
Overall a great company to work for. They value their employees very much however the field employees I believe are not paid as well as they should be for their experience and ability to do the job well. Management roles have much flexibility and work life balance is more easily obtained in a management role versus a field staff role. Documentation in lengthy and time consuming.
March 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and will pass your review along to the management team. Thank you for your hard work.

loved the clients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 6, 2019
this company was good to work for and the management was great to me. They kept me very busy.

the best part of my day was to go to clients homes and help them with their health care needs so they could remain in their homes.
I also helped them with light housekeeping and errands.

the hardest part of my job was when they passed away.
Pros
good to work for
Cons
pay could have been better
March 11, 2019

Thank you for your review! We truly appreciate you sharing your personal experiences with us. Thank you for all your hard work.

lack of work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 5, 2019
Frequently shifts were canceled, you might work 40 hours one week and 4 the next. Nothing was consistent. If you did not work 40 hrs a week there were no benefits
March 11, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate and welcome all feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Poor work, life and play balance due to documatation
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 1, 2019
Days consisted of early email checks to see what new has been changed regarding your work day schedule. I have learned that you should pay close attention to management regarding how many times things change and how many different people change within the same position. Culture was everyone does their own thing. No real teamwork. If mistakes were made more time was spent on telling how the error effects the management workplace emails verses ways to improve upon or reduce the errors for improved staff learning.
The most challenging part about the job was driving over 150 miles a day and not being done with your work when you get home. Working 2 to 3 hrs every day after getting home. It seems as if you were always working. The patients were by far the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
calling clients constantly to schedule/ reschedule
March 4, 2019

Thank you for your review. We understand your frustrations. Please email employeesupport@bayada.com so we can further discuss your concerns.

Clueless Director
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 1, 2019
Honestly the worst part of my job is dealing with my idiotic director. She has zero leadership skills, no time management ability, and sets unrealistic goals that her staff cannot possibly reach.
March 5, 2019

We are sorry to hear about the experience you're having with your director. Could you please email employeesupport@bayada.com? We want to learn more and escalate your review appropriately.

RN Case Manager/Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bennington, VTFebruary 28, 2019
Good place to work. They need to work on compensation package and benefit package for field employess and home/work balance. Management needs to be more employee focused, less micro managment.
March 5, 2019

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and are thankful for all that you do!

I work pt
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 28, 2019
If work ft you get benefits and pay time off but I love my job I'm able to be home with my child in the afternoon. I love working for this company you get discounts to theme parks and cars, TV and ext
Pros
If you need off the work with you to get you the day off
Cons
None that i have had so far
March 5, 2019

We are so glad to hear you enjoy working for BAYADA! It is great you are able to take advantage of all the "Perks at Work." Thank you for all that you do!

A learning experience
Client Services Manager - Remote (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 27, 2019
A typical day as a client service manager was spent scheduling, processing, answering phones, handling clients and staff, filing, faxing, payroll, emails and trying to leave before 7 at night. I learned a lot while a CSM for Bayada. There is a ton of training offered and encouraged. The workplace culture is hard to describe as it differs from office to office and division to division. The hardest part of the job is the hours spent at the desk to accomplish tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know clients.
March 5, 2019

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAYADA Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss