BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Slow paced.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 19, 2017
No insurance or benefits, No paid holidays or paid time off.It was boring. Not many skills needed. PRN status was nice and flexible. They dealt firmly and swiftly with reports of harassment and/or misconduct from clients.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no benefits
Excellent company to work for.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJNovember 19, 2017
Bayada had been a very good place to work. The staff is very professional, yet extremely caring. The staff is always concerned about the welfare of the clients as well as your own. Bayada was always willing to give you as much training necessary and offering certifications to further your training. I loved working with my clients and their families. I would highly recommend Bayada. Thank you for such a positive experience.
Pros
Great place to work. Very professional and caring.
I would not recommend working as an RN in Hilo, Hawaii
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HINovember 19, 2017
Terrible place to work, don't have enough work for nurses hired, compensate on a point rather than hourly system, stressful and uncomfortable work environment. Staff morale is bleak at best.
Pros
Working in the community and helping people
Cons
compensation, work environment, staff morale, management
Dont know about that
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2017
A typical day at work can be a good day with the right patient. I do understand that some patient can be a bit difficult but my years of experience I know how to cope.
productive and face paced
Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2017
Bayada was a great place to work. Very professional and well managed. The days were long but there was great teamwork among the employees. The environment was happy and upbeat.
Pros
excellent communication between departments
Cons
working in center city
Flexible Schedule
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 17, 2017
Great place to work, but watch out, when the hours run dry, you will be in trouble. This cannot be your only job!! I work in pediatrics, it is a pleasure to work in the schools. Office staff are very nice.
Pros
Free food, generous overtime...when its available, office girls are nice
Cons
Not stable when it comes to hours, find another job to go with this.
Excellent Place to Work
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 17, 2017
One of the few companies I have worked for that really practices the mission statement and vision. Promotes family values. You work hard. Pay could be better. I would refer others to work for Bayada.
Pros
Mission Statement Driven
Cons
low pay
Great place to work with lots of flexibility
NURSE (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCNovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed making home visits. I learned a great deal about wound care and working with wound vacuum systems. I performed a great deal of teaching to clients in rural areas. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a big part of keeping clients out of the hospital.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
sometimes not the cleanest homes to go in
I did not put in a great deal of hours
Home health aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2017
I only worked part time for a short time. I can not give a fair assessment. I enjoyed what I was doing, but did not like working and traveling at night.
Pros
trained you
Cons
should pay more
if I have to work for 4 hours they don,t give breack
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 14, 2017
sometime they call the me in, and sending me to wrong patient or go To another facility to work drive there, and the case was cancel two Weeks ago and I, drive for nothing no gas money. That the problems Who make me left them.
Pros
Cons
they give cake candies
Great job culture
Registered Nurse, Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the pediatric clients. Management very flexible and willing to provide hours and work with scheduling. Great work place culture.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Benefits
Depends on clients
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 12, 2017
Must be a skilled, confident, independent worker able to provide basic patient care. Clients and care range from acute to minimal care. Usually friendly safe environments and you are in control of clients and hours.
Bayada
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJNovember 11, 2017
With Bayada being an agency you work as much or as little as you want to. There is always room to be trained to take on what ever patient you choose to care for. There training materials are spot on and can be used for other fields. Recommended. You are supported if needed at Bayada.
Pros
Hours available
Cons
You need 2000 to accrue PTO
Overall Sumamry
Home Health Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21244November 10, 2017
If they would improve the pay and be more organized, they would keep employees. There is a major lack of communication and sometimes we are short staffed.
Please see below
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2017
After 8 years employment I only recieved 2 pay raises and on of them for obtaining my rn liscence and then only .50 Cent per hour? You perform the job of 5 different disciplines and barely get paid for one.
Favorites
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2017
Bayada nurses were very controlled by the nurses and some were not so respected as a professional. Office staff, like clerks who answered the phones were entitled to tell nurses what patients to see stripping theym from autonomy to see ones who required more urgent visits. Favored staff were entitled to work in areas of the city considered safer, others were assigned in many different zip codes that tied up their entire day to travel from one patient to the next,
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Favor certain nurses
Very good experience
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 7, 2017
Bayada was a great company management was great they all seem to work very hard in helping there employees. Pay was decent and the job in itself was interesting .
Accommodating Work Environment
Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 6, 2017
Bayada Home Health Care has been a very positive work experience overall. The nursing staff is extremely friendly and competent and most days are relatively stress free. There is not much upward mobility, however, and salaries are not the best.
Bayada is a good place to work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 5, 2017
Not driving at the moment and it felt like Bayada became uninterested in finding me work.

I feel disappointed. They want your hard work and loyalty but not willing to go the extra mile for you. At least the people I was dealing with.
Busy and sometimes stressful work environment, like all nursing positions. Nonetheless, Bayada Home Health is an excellent employer to work for
PER DIEM HOME HEALTH NURSE (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NJNovember 4, 2017
PROS:
Management and Staff very knowledgeable, professional, courteous and friendly. Everyone a team player. Clients (Patients and their families) are a top priority. Excellent working environment. Excellent training and education resources.
Often long distance driving between patients/clients causes a great deal of wear and tear on one's car, that "mileage" never covers for even minor auto repairs/service.
No compensation given for driving to and from a nurse's first and last patient seen. RN employees often live in a different county, which requires considerable driving time and mileage. The coverage area of my office/team encompasses Gloucester, Salem and Cumberland Counties. A very large area that covers 1,377.13 square miles. I often drive a total of 97+ miles per day that I work, driving to my patients' homes and back to my own home.
Staff/Field Nurses are paid on a "points" system, i.e., each patient equals one point ($37.00) per visit. An hourly rate would be more fair and equitable. With Start of Care (SOC), which is a new admission to home care, the visit can take almost two hours. Add an another 3-4 hours of post visit documentation and phone calls to physicians & surgeons, et.al., and it can turn out to be a very long day.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAYADA Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.