BAYADA Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Great management and autonomy, but poor work life balance.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAOctober 19, 2018
Company cares deeply for employees and patients, treated with the utmost respect. Will work with you to make you happy if you have any issues. They value their employees, the downside is that you are constantly taking work home and working on paperwork for hours. Constantly having to check emails as well, you never truly got away from work.
Love Bayada
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAOctober 19, 2018
Quit my full time job and bayada got me work within a couple days. Definitely would recommend a lot of people to work for bayada. Good ppl,good pay,easy jobs etc
Pros
Work available ASAP
Cons
Wish it was full time
Field Nurse
Registered Nurse - Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCOctober 19, 2018
Bayada offers an excellent training program for all of their nurses, this includes pre-higher exams, attending a training center and in house training in addition to training and mentor programs with their clients. The staff reaches out to their nurses on a weekly basis via text, calls, and email. The hardest part of the job is working 1:1 in the field alone however Bayada staff is a phone call away at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am valued by the office staff and by my clients. I appreciate the flexible hours that enable family time.
Pros
The eduation that enables me to be a better nurse to my clients
Cons
being alone, however I know I am a phone call away
overall good environment
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 18, 2018
new department director not very well liked. politics play a big role in whether or not your requests are granted. not very well liked by employees hired before him. not very open to new ideas and a lot of micromanaging by leadership.
Quick-paced, competitive environment
Associate, Reimbursement Services (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJOctober 15, 2018
Fast paced, stressful job with many responsibilities. Management is not very helpful with managing work load or providing guidance on how to advance/move to another department within the company.
Pros
new facility, flex time
Cons
Micromanagement, stressful
October 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review; we appreciate all feedback, positive and negative. We are sorry to hear of your experience with management as we hope all employees have the opportunity to advance their careers. Could you email employeesupport@bayada.com so we can learn more? We hope to hear from you.

Its ok
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAOctober 15, 2018
I have worked for Bayada over 15 years, it's all about the clients, I have met some amazing people. I have learned a lot from clients, dealing with different cultures, it's been an experience. Make me an open mind individual, so yes Bayada has and is a good fit for me.
Good
Good
October 16, 2018

Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy to hear you've been with BAYADA for 15 years; your story is inspiring. Thank you for all that you do!

Love My Clients
Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 14, 2018
Typical day: I worked 3 days a week 12-14 hour days. Caring for and elderly woman. I assisted her with meals, cleaning her home, bathing, getting dressed, taking her on errands.
What I learned: Have compassion, one day it will be you.
Management: Very attentive if you needed them but would let you do your job and not hover over you.
Workplace culture: I was in my clients home, so it was very relaxed.
Hardest part of the job: Went the family decided to place her in a nursing home.
Most enjoyable part of the job: watching my clients face light up when
"The Gaithers" came on the TV and listening to her tell me about when she was my age.
Pros
caring for my clients-meeting new people
Cons
watching clients deteriorate and have to be placed in a nursing home
October 16, 2018

Thank you so much for providing us with a look of your typical day! We truly appreciate your kind words and honesty; we love to hear about the relationships between caregiver and client. Thank you for all that you do!

Not what I would expect
Registered Nurse in a facility full time (Former Employee) –  Largo, FloridaOctober 13, 2018
The clinical field staff are wonderful. There is some hesitation for field staff to go into the office as some office people have been overheard criticizing field staff (behind their backs) which makes for an uncomfortable situation. The overall office environment is quite toxic (due only to a few of the staff; not all). There is no privacy when discussing issues. Everyone hears everything which makes for a very uncomfortable environment. There is too much emphasis on getting as many clients as possible (quantity over quality). The computer program used in this agency is way too labor intensive and there is minimal work-life balance. The management team (Director, Program Manager, Clinical manager) are cut throat. I think that as an overall company (nationally) Bayada is excellent. However, in the local office, they certainly do NOT follow The Bayada Way.
Pros
good overall company
Cons
management not trustworthy or supportive. Minimal work-life balance
October 15, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are so sorry to hear of the experiences you've had at your BAYADA local office as we never want our employees to be in an uncomfortable environment. Could you please email employeesupport@bayada.com so we can learn more? We hope to hear from you.

I love my job at Bayada, my office staff is very eager to assist if needed and easy to work with
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAOctober 13, 2018
I have worked with and continue to work at Bayada for 17 years. Pediatric and Adult home health and attending school with clients. My office supervisors are easy and willing to work with scheduling needs and I am flexible at working with the schedule as well. It is a great company to work for.
Pros
flex scheduling
Cons
medical benefits are expensive for good insurance plans
October 16, 2018

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and provide your feedback! 17 years is amazing! Thank you for all that you do!

Rewarding but lackd organization
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCOctober 13, 2018
Enjoyed working with my pediatric clients but office staff was unprofessional and unorganized. Scheduling was a constant issue as was communication between staff members
October 16, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review; we appreciate all feedback, positive and negative. We are sorry to hear about your experience with your office staff. Could you email employeesupport@bayada.com so we can learn more? We hope to hear from you.

Former RN Case Manager
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2018
I took this job thinking it would be a good idea as I am a single parent. However, it was a bad decision for me. For RNs it’s very stressful because you are responsible for case managing, on call and skills. Most nights I was up until 10pm to complete documentation. They pay is not worth the stress . At base pay my bring home is about 800.00. Which is not good for an area like Charlotte. They are currently very low on patients but continue to promise that it will pick up. Many of the homes you go into are very filthy and have animals that are not well groomed. Office staff can be very rude and talk to you any kind of way. They have high expectations but very low benefit. Oh but if you do something really good you get Bayada bucks which are coupons you can use to purchase things from a catalog of items :/ ...I am glad I moved on. Low pay , high stress , bad management.
Pros
Nice teammates
Cons
Pay, office staff, documentation
October 15, 2018

We are so sorry to hear you had a negative experience with BAYADA. We understand your frustrations and would like to learn more about your situation. Could you email employeesupport@bayada.com? We hope to hear from you.

Everyone strives do do their best for our clients.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAOctober 12, 2018
Very caring people working for Bayada; We care deeply about the role we play in the lives of our clients; Workplace culture depends on the office you work at; the most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients stay safe in their homes.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Too many factors outside your control that can prevent sales from coming through.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate all of your hard work.

Overall Bayada is a great company. At a local level it appeared money/profit driven.
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2018
The work day varied based on what was due at any particular time.A typical work day could be spent in the office or the entire day could be spent on the road visiting clients. The best part was the interaction between the clients and the nurses. Management varied among the different offices.
October 16, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Feel free to email employeesupport@bayada.com to discuss any concerns you may have had. We hope to hear from you.

Very flexible
Home Health RN/LPN (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJOctober 12, 2018
Bayada offers many cases and really works well with your schedule. It helped me a lot when I was in school for my RN. They offer a $1k scholarship after a year of service
Pros
Flexible schedule, variety of cases, offers many classes
Cons
Pay is low
October 16, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our Presidential Scholarship!

Caring environment
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 11, 2018
This was a rewarding experience as you assist clients with making their goals. I loved watching my clients make progress. This company was very understanding when personal situations and I appreciated their kindness, not many jobs care about their employees.
Pros
Bayada Bucks, free CPR & First aid training
Cons
No breaks
October 16, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It is so great to hear about the experience you had with your clients, as well as with your office staff.

A flexible and great place to work!
Sub School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington County, NJOctober 7, 2018
Flexibility!!! You work as much or little as you want. The managers are easy to get along with and everyone is very helpful. They are quick to respond to emails, calls, and questions. The pay for sub school nurse is higher through Bayada than working in any school district. Bayada respects the balance between your personal & work life & values its employees.
Pros
Friendly, knowledgeable managers, Flexibility, Independence, Access to CEUs and scholarships each year
Cons
Pay
October 9, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are delighted to hear you have a great relationship with your managers and co-workers. We are lucky you have you at BAYADA!

I like Bayada
Nurse (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYOctober 7, 2018
I’ve never been treated better as an employee. Bayada truly appreciates its staff and once you start working there you will feel it. I feel valued, appreciated and acknowledged. Bayada is not a place where the employer takes you for granted. They see you as a person and work with you the way you work with them. I rarely see this in other places. It’s a real 2 way relationship which Bayada values. You will not be taken for granted.
Pros
Too many to count but paid vacation, sick leave, etc
Cons
I can’t think of any
October 9, 2018

We truly appreciate your kind and honest feedback! Employees are our greatest asset, so it is great to know you are valued and appreciated. Thank you for all that you do!

Good home health agency
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Newton maOctober 7, 2018
I have worked in home health care for over 10 years and Bayada is the best agency yet.
Management is supportive and communication is very good.
They have many employee incentive programs in place.
As with many other agencies the pay scale for this work is too low.
Pros
Good communication and management support.
Cons
Pay is low.
Management team was horrible and unorganized!
HHA (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 5, 2018
I worked for bayada home health care for a short amount of time. Unfortunately within that time,the only food experience was meeting all the clients. Every thing was done in an untimely manner. There was absolutely no communication within the office.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Low pay, very poor management, lack of communication
October 9, 2018

We are so sorry to hear you had a 1-star experience with BAYADA. We take all reviews seriously and would like to learn more about your situation. Could you email employeesupport@bayada.com to get the conversation going? We hope to hear from you.

Improvement regarding organization and a better understanding regarding providing education and resources to clients.
Per diem Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLOctober 5, 2018
I have been working as a per diem field nurse and I enjoy performing clinical assessments and teaching to clients. I would like to see more resource materials to provide to patient for education for improving client's understanding of disease management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Wide-spread work areas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAYADA Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BAYADA Home Health Care.