BayCare Employee Reviews

BayCare
Mobile Pool Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 4, 2018
BayCare cares for there employees. I truly enjoyed working here. They offer a competitive nursing salary. Teamwork and compassion is evident throughout. I would recommend them as a place to work.
Per diem
Per Diem Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2018
Can not provide an opinion, per diem position not much to say. No benefits available. No cinsideration for per diems. No team work. Selfish personal.
Great Environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 30, 2018
A business determined to grow by offering high quality insurance coverage for Medicare and Medicaid recipients. This includes taking care of the associates(employees) that take care of the business that takes care of the providers and ultimately, but not least, care for our members.
good place
CCMA (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 24, 2018
As very good place to work they are very nice and concerned on helping you to move on with work and help you as needed. They have very good people there and they have very competitive benefits.
Pros
good people
Cons
some overtime
Great experience
Communication & Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 20, 2018
it's been a great experience working with BayCare more than 17 years as a team member and i would do it all over again
the staff and team members are great here!
Great workplace
PATIENT SUPPORT TECH (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 16, 2018
In my experience working at Baycare there are lots of opportunities for advancement. Being that I was a fulltime employee, I had the benefit of tuition reimbursement, After I got thru my probationary period of 6 months they gave me grants to continue my education.
The work environment just depends on what unit you work on. I was on the Cardiovascular Unit and I absolutely loved it. I had a good relationship with most of my coworkers, and of course there where some people that weren't my favorite but that's going to be the case practically everywhere you go. The insurance benefits are wonderful. My ONLY complaints are that they require you to do so much "team member education" its really annoying.
As far as management, it just depends on where you work. There are will be good caring managers but there are also those who no one likes and would give you a hard to just for the heck of it. Good luck with that.
Overall I give them 4 stars, its a great company, the benefits are awesome, and I learned so much working there.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Work environmet
Cons
required employee education
Critical Care RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 15, 2018
I was responsible for the care in the ICU 7pm-7am. Ability to use and perfect assessment skills, critical thinking skills and prioritization. Working nights also gave us a sense of family and team work, no one gets left behind
Pros
patient care
great company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 15, 2018
baycare is a great company to work for because it has great benefits, great opportunities to growth as a professional . They have great programs with free college scholarships
Not bad
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 15, 2018
This was a very demanding position. Management was barely to be found. There was real no incentive to work there, because the nurses were extremely lazy. Although, enjoyed most people I worked with.
what i have learned
Laboratory Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 10, 2018
I wish Baycare would care about the team members. I don't agree with putting team members in management positions if they don't do well in there current positions or they don't want to them there anymore.
Pros
Good Benefits and 401K
Cons
bad management
lack of support
Home Care Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLApril 26, 2018
Their resources are not focused in the market that I was assigned and therefore the support for achieving growth is very limited. This has caused a clinical and operational deficit of nursing and physical therapists.
Professional recognition as administrator
Administrative Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLApril 25, 2018
BayCare was wonderful to work for. Management listened to suggestions. Autonomy during 11.5 years was the best job I ever had as a dietitian in administration (built EMR, committee representation, worked with people at the top) Last 1.5 years , Managers did not see eye to eye, condescending immediate supervisor who did not allow autonomy or growth. Many changes occurred during this time with great turmoil which did not help.
Pros
autonomy, respect, dignity, lived their values
Cons
only in last 1.5 years, lack of respect, did not follow values
Love this company
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 19, 2018
Worked here my entire adult life. Love the dedication they put into their employees. Lots of perks. Unfortunately, its had a countered reaction in creating a culture where team members hoard information, yet are inundated with work. They wont always tell you how to fix or do something yourself but they are too busy at the time to help you. The administrative and technical departments are also so segregated that its almost impossible to leverage any knowledge from other roles that you might be interested in.
Pros
perks, benefits, 401k, education, tuition reimbursement, investment into employees
Cons
limited in learning new on-the-job skill. team members hoard information and are reluctant to share
Large corporation
Charge/Staff RN (CNII), Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 16, 2018
The scope of the Baycare Health System is such that there is room for all kinds of people, and the culture is one of comradery. Management is poor in some departments, but wonderful in others. As far as staff- everyone works together.
Pros
Friendly environment, Baycare endeavors to make staff feel part of a team.
Cons
long hours, difficult to change occupation within scope of practice
They will black ball you with no hesitation
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 15, 2018
Stay away, far away, this company is a bully. If the management doesn't like you they will bully you to quite or black ball you from getting any job in Bay Care any where. They will stab you in the back for sure. Ask people who have worked there why they left. There is a reason people don't want to stay.
Cons
Very understanding of work/home life balance
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 9, 2018
A nice place to work that allows a good balance of work and home life. Allow, very difficult to advance if you are not in the group that knows that someone.
Stressful and understaffed
PCT (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLApril 5, 2018
Unless you're planning to continue on to becoming an RN or any other higher paid profession within the hospital, stay far away..
The pay is extremely low for the responsibilities you're required to perform each day.

I will say that the teamwork at this hospital was exceptional.
There are many wonderful nurses and techs I was grateful to work with.
Pros
Certain co-workers
Cons
The census.. which many times means understaffing
An ideal job
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 1, 2018
My experience with Baycare from start to finish was fine actually. There's always going to be hurdles and hoops to jump through and sometimes things get dropped but in my experience if I bring up issues to management correctly they actually handle them to the best of their ability. Training is fine, as someone who came from entirely different instrumentation and computer systems it was easy to figure out.

I feel like my opinion does matter here and upper management has even taken a personal interest in my development which is appreciated.

Sometimes communicating with the floor is difficult because nurses don't understand what happens in the lab but a lot of them are willing to learn and understand the limitations we have as far as TAT and whatnot.

Dayshifters are entitled but that's literally every hospital everywhere so if you're an off-shifter you're used to it already, it'll never change any lab you go to.
Pros
raises every year, easy to use PTO
Cons
shift diff is too little, not enough shift overlap
Haughty managers
PST (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 25, 2018
Managers have there favorites team members. Will take your position to give it to a friend in there private circle. They listen to he say she said and all
Cons
3 days a week
good
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 17, 2018
Good place to learn and help people out. I feel you can grow and take the experience elsewhere if necessary.
It also has a nice foundation and it helps when dealing with people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BayCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight