BayCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great experience
Communication & Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 20, 2018
it's been a great experience working with BayCare more than 17 years as a team member and i would do it all over again
the staff and team members are great here!
Critical Care RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 15, 2018
I was responsible for the care in the ICU 7pm-7am. Ability to use and perfect assessment skills, critical thinking skills and prioritization. Working nights also gave us a sense of family and team work, no one gets left behind
Pros
patient care
great company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 15, 2018
baycare is a great company to work for because it has great benefits, great opportunities to growth as a professional . They have great programs with free college scholarships
Not bad
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 15, 2018
This was a very demanding position. Management was barely to be found. There was real no incentive to work there, because the nurses were extremely lazy. Although, enjoyed most people I worked with.
what i have learned
Laboratory Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 10, 2018
I wish Baycare would care about the team members. I don't agree with putting team members in management positions if they don't do well in there current positions or they don't want to them there anymore.
Pros
Good Benefits and 401K
Cons
bad management
lack of support
Home Care Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLApril 26, 2018
Their resources are not focused in the market that I was assigned and therefore the support for achieving growth is very limited. This has caused a clinical and operational deficit of nursing and physical therapists.
Professional recognition as administrator
Administrative Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLApril 25, 2018
BayCare was wonderful to work for. Management listened to suggestions. Autonomy during 11.5 years was the best job I ever had as a dietitian in administration (built EMR, committee representation, worked with people at the top) Last 1.5 years , Managers did not see eye to eye, condescending immediate supervisor who did not allow autonomy or growth. Many changes occurred during this time with great turmoil which did not help.
Pros
autonomy, respect, dignity, lived their values
Cons
only in last 1.5 years, lack of respect, did not follow values
Love this company
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 19, 2018
Worked here my entire adult life. Love the dedication they put into their employees. Lots of perks. Unfortunately, its had a countered reaction in creating a culture where team members hoard information, yet are inundated with work. They wont always tell you how to fix or do something yourself but they are too busy at the time to help you. The administrative and technical departments are also so segregated that its almost impossible to leverage any knowledge from other roles that you might be interested in.
Pros
perks, benefits, 401k, education, tuition reimbursement, investment into employees
Cons
limited in learning new on-the-job skill. team members hoard information and are reluctant to share
Large corporation
Charge/Staff RN (CNII), Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 16, 2018
The scope of the Baycare Health System is such that there is room for all kinds of people, and the culture is one of comradery. Management is poor in some departments, but wonderful in others. As far as staff- everyone works together.
Pros
Friendly environment, Baycare endeavors to make staff feel part of a team.
Cons
long hours, difficult to change occupation within scope of practice
They will black ball you with no hesitation
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 15, 2018
Stay away, far away, this company is a bully. If the management doesn't like you they will bully you to quite or black ball you from getting any job in Bay Care any where. They will stab you in the back for sure. Ask people who have worked there why they left. There is a reason people don't want to stay.
Cons

Want to know more about BayCare?

Ask a question
Very understanding of work/home life balance
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 9, 2018
A nice place to work that allows a good balance of work and home life. Allow, very difficult to advance if you are not in the group that knows that someone.
Stressful and understaffed
PCT (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLApril 5, 2018
Unless you're planning to continue on to becoming an RN or any other higher paid profession within the hospital, stay far away..
The pay is extremely low for the responsibilities you're required to perform each day.

I will say that the teamwork at this hospital was exceptional.
There are many wonderful nurses and techs I was grateful to work with.
Pros
Certain co-workers
Cons
The census.. which many times means understaffing
An ideal job
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 1, 2018
My experience with Baycare from start to finish was fine actually. There's always going to be hurdles and hoops to jump through and sometimes things get dropped but in my experience if I bring up issues to management correctly they actually handle them to the best of their ability. Training is fine, as someone who came from entirely different instrumentation and computer systems it was easy to figure out.

I feel like my opinion does matter here and upper management has even taken a personal interest in my development which is appreciated.

Sometimes communicating with the floor is difficult because nurses don't understand what happens in the lab but a lot of them are willing to learn and understand the limitations we have as far as TAT and whatnot.

Dayshifters are entitled but that's literally every hospital everywhere so if you're an off-shifter you're used to it already, it'll never change any lab you go to.
Pros
raises every year, easy to use PTO
Cons
shift diff is too little, not enough shift overlap
Haughty managers
PST (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 25, 2018
Managers have there favorites team members. Will take your position to give it to a friend in there private circle. They listen to he say she said and all
Cons
3 days a week
good
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 17, 2018
Good place to learn and help people out. I feel you can grow and take the experience elsewhere if necessary.
It also has a nice foundation and it helps when dealing with people.
Advancement based on politics
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 15, 2018
Always understaffed, then penalized for not being able to meet deadlines. Lots of turnover, and only advancement available was for management or above.
Best Place to Work
Director of Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  ClearwaterMarch 6, 2018
I have worked at BayCare for 29 years and would not work anywhere else.

BayCare was just named Top Workplace and I couldn't agree more.

The leadership is great and it is a fast moving company doing great things for its customers, patients and team members.
Pros
Culture is great
Cons
Great place to learn and work
MANAGER OF FINANCIAL, BILLING, (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2018
I started working to st joseph's hospital and when baycare took over my job became regional. I enjoyed working in the hospital environment and having a job that challenged my skills
Great team atmosphere
Advanced Clinical Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, FLFebruary 25, 2018
I look forward to going to work every day. The overall culture helps boost my energy and enthusiasm to work there. This position has helped me grow professionally and the team has helped me grow individually.
Pros
Included in all aspects
Cons
a little clickish
Homecare.. Salaried Field Staff... worked to the bone.
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2018
No help with physician calls even if the field nurse tries several times to get orders. The Clinical DON or office staff will not pick up the phone to help out; will not complete a transfer oasis but spends more time going back to the field nurse about doing it. Field nurses do EVERYTHING. Most office staff are relaxed and waiting for the clock to strike 5 pm. There are not enough hours in the day to complete everything unless you cut way back on your patient care time and quality. This company is about productivity. As a field nurse you can have your schedule changed right up to the end of the day. Sometimes there are many miles between patients, heavy traffic with no extra points. No extra points for IV visits, lengthy wound visits. Benefits are good. Salary appears decent but not when you calculate your hours. Field nurses are dedicated but very tight lipped about their working conditions for fear of losing their job. High job turnover. This place is one that needs UNION representation. Sad it is in a "right to work state." PRN is the only way to work at Baycare.
Pros
Field staff
Cons
Poor management with little to no experience, unrealistic expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BayCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight