BayCare Employee Reviews

workplace could be better , the office moral etc
clinial staff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2018
As an employee the office moral , & workplace for the staff could be better especially; When the department is under staffed , you sometimes have to step in and fulfill that role , and if your not cross trained in that area it can become a hassel; when helping out others and not getting recognized for it.
Pros
great training
Cons
High turn over rate
Baycare is results oriented, but also strives for excellent patient care.
Care Transition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 12, 2018
I was able to organize my work day with some flexibility. I was provided the tools and support I needed to get my work done. The management were open to new ideas.
Pros
Flexibility
Great place to get experience
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33716November 7, 2018
Training is very limited and understaffing has always been a big problem. Upper management is aware of all the issues but they choose not to resolve the problems. Great place to get a large variety of work experience though.
mediocrity is tolerated
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 6, 2018
If you are good as a clinician you will be left alone but there is mediocrity all around and it is tolerated. The company is nurse centric and the office functions as if the field staff supports the office. There are many opportunities for therapists to shine but with no extra compensation. There are little to no opportunities for therapists to advance in the company.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
lots of travel and weak compensation
Great Healthcare System
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 30, 2018
I left BayCare for a better opportunity at Envision. However, as much as I love working for Envision I have decided to relocate back to Chicago where I am originally from to be close to family.
Great company to work for
Lead Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, FLOctober 26, 2018
I really do love the company and all the people I work with. It males work fun because we are all like a big family. I love st. Anthonys in downtown st petersburg its the best company and campus ever.
patient care technician
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 24, 2018
a typical day at work, as a Patient Care Technician it can be very busy on your feet for 12hrs per day 3 to 4 time per week and some day stressful, working with some patients is very interesting the stories they tell is what gets me. I learn how tobe patient with staff and customer (patient),and how to listen to every ones situation, while repecting the different cultures. The hardest part of the job is when you lost a patient especially if you they were talking to them each and every day. I love going in to work and being around people who live such interesting lives, and hearing all about it from them. I also lovebeing around my co-workers who helpsmeon a normal basis.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
pay is terrible
Positive
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, FLOctober 16, 2018
Typical day at work would consist of 8 min rounds of patients, processing new patients and making sure all patients is getting proper treatment. Management is great. Culture of workplace is good. Hardest part is going hands on with a patient. I enjoy meeting new patients and helping them over come their problems.
fun workplace
Registrar III - BayCare St. Josephs Hospital (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2018
BayCare is a great place to work. I love my job as well as working with a group of great individuals. BayCareoffers many opportunities for growth and/or advancement.
I like working for BayCare
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 7, 2018
I really like my job. I feel appreciated and respected. I like my senior physicians and they are willing to teach. when it comes to difficult cases.

My issue is the company basically paid for me to finish my MSN. Unfortunately, the job search within the company is not the best. the company has over 20 positions in my area and I was not offered or considered for the positions.

I am thankful for my position as an NP. I just wish I did not drive 1hour to get to work when I live 5 minutes from a BayCare hospital that has NP needs.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, manager and staff are great
Cons
advancement is difficult for higher positions
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLOctober 7, 2018
Baycare was a decent place to work. My managers were ok, not the best in the world. They played favorites until the end and then they were awesome once they moved me from a location I had been at for 5 yesrs. I enjoyed baycare after I moved from a toxic environment.
Pros
Great benefits, and pay
Cons
Short breaks and clicks everywhere
Baycare Health Systems
Talent Acquisition Nursing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLOctober 5, 2018
Baycare is an employee focused company that rewards it workers on their merit, Generous bonus system for all levels of employees. Absolutely great company to work for.
Pros
Positive work environment. Opportunity is plentiful.
Cons
As in most companies politics can be an obstacle.
Fast Paced
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 2, 2018
High volume, fast paced, fun, hard working team! My time there will be unforgettable. The staff was all heart! Most nights were extremely long for those in the field. Very tough, but very rewarding job.
Pros
Supportive with school.
Cons
Long hours, traffic.
Great promotion of education
RN (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33759September 28, 2018
Baycare really promotes education and advancement. If you want to advance or become management, you have that ability as well. I also like that they are a not for profit company
Great place to work with high standards
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Safety Harbor, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Baycare has high standards in their nurses and require annual re-training which is beneficial to all our nurses. Staff works well together. Time off is limited for maternity leave and vacation is slow to accumulate. Medical benefits are adequate.
Pros
Good benefits and incentives
Cons
Short staffed often
Very focused on patient satisfaction
Patient Care Supervisor (PCS) (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Very fast paced environment with much guidance given to staff while they were in the office. many calls from patients and other hospital staff. Supervision was stressful as our patients were critically ill and just getting discharged fro the hospital . they were very high risk with many comorbidity illnesses. Loved helping to monitor and educate patients and their families.
Pros
gratifying
Cons
fast paced, many times too much so
Love BayCare
Patient Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 20, 2018
I have enjoyed working with Baycare. Baycare allows me to utilize my skills. My manager has an open door policy. My manager is very easy to talk to. Personal rewards are given upon excellent patient experience results
Pros
Offers training specific to your job title on skills that are not utilized as often
Cons
Short breaks
Important work, worthwhile
Certified Tumor Registrar (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Proud to be employee. Very conservative environment, competitive, all department members alerted of each employees mistakes. Important work, cut throat coworkers.
Coworkers are not friends.
Nice location, salary way beyond my expectations.
Pros
Benefits, salary, location, very important health position, dept mgr, good company benefitd
Cons
Vicious coworkers, very conservative
Good company to work for
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Keeps employees up to date and informed. Pay scale is good, Competitive workplace. Promotes good work life balance. Not so good on helping employees with advancement, the opportunities are there, but no help with future placement.
Relocating
LMA III (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Working at baycare is one of the best places to work in the state of florida, if they would open up hospitals and facilities in other states I would love the opportunity to relocate out of state with this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BayCare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight