BayCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work with high standards
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Safety Harbor, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Baycare has high standards in their nurses and require annual re-training which is beneficial to all our nurses. Staff works well together. Time off is limited for maternity leave and vacation is slow to accumulate. Medical benefits are adequate.
Pros
Good benefits and incentives
Cons
Short staffed often
Love BayCare
Patient Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 20, 2018
I have enjoyed working with Baycare. Baycare allows me to utilize my skills. My manager has an open door policy. My manager is very easy to talk to. Personal rewards are given upon excellent patient experience results
Pros
Offers training specific to your job title on skills that are not utilized as often
Cons
Short breaks
Important work, worthwhile
Certified Tumor Registrar (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Proud to be employee. Very conservative environment, competitive, all department members alerted of each employees mistakes. Important work, cut throat coworkers.
Coworkers are not friends.
Nice location, salary way beyond my expectations.
Pros
Benefits, salary, location, very important health position, dept mgr, good company benefitd
Cons
Vicious coworkers, very conservative
Relocating
LMA III (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Working at baycare is one of the best places to work in the state of florida, if they would open up hospitals and facilities in other states I would love the opportunity to relocate out of state with this company
Its ok
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2018
The job working there it was pretty flexible and the nurses were cool and professional to an extent. I learned that you must have patience with yourself and others to really enjoy the environment which is why I had no problem working there.
opportunity for growth
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 17, 2018
great place to work, with benefits. Different things to learn every day. fast pace, great people to work with. Useful training provided by the company. Would love to work for them again
Great Place To Work
Clinical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Normal Work environment
Friendly Management
Good Benefits
Tuition Reimbursement
Invovled in the community
Tries to take into account employee concerns
Sometimes desirable
Food Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Due to poor management and incompletion of paycheck hours. The work experience and environment is manageable. Co-workers seem to have been happy for the most part.
Pros
Benfits and PTO
Cons
Hospital
Working at BayCare
PATIENT SERVICE REP I (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 9, 2018
I was at this job for seven years and two different positions. The first two years as a service rep was good for the most part. Manager at the time was not very good. The next five years, in the other position, wasn't too bad. I was happy for the most part.
Competative
REGISTRAR II (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Working with baycare was fast paced and very busy, they are constantly growing and pushing employees to advance in their carreer. Over all they were wonderful.
Love it!
Emergency Service Patient Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 29, 2018
They don't just hire any one. It takes time to get in. Don't stop, it's so worth it. The culture alone is amazing! So many opportunities!!! They take care of their people.
Pros
Opportunity
Excellent people to work with
Transoporter (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLAugust 29, 2018
Enjoyed my work until I was falsely accused of that I never did. I loved meeting different people of all kinds.Twigs is one of the best cafe's out of all the Hospitals I know of.Paul Finacchi is the best chef's around.
Started as an excellent company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 25, 2018
Started as an excellent company unfortunately I experienced a couple of positions in which the management was lacking in being supportive of the team members and felt it was time to move on after 17 years.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
Great Teamwork
Registrar Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLAugust 21, 2018
I worked as a registrar in the Emergency Department. You never knew what you were going to walk into on a daily basis. I worked night shift, so we rarely had a supervisor on duty, but all the employees worked well together to get the job done. It was stressful at times due to having a smaller crew on night shift, but not unmanageable.
good
Provide customer service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2018
Baycare is a good company to work for. I worked 36 hrs a week and loved it. The benefits were excellent and my supervisors were very kind and supportive.
Pros
Good compnay
Organized and upcoming organization
Care Transition Coordinator, RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2018
Working for BayCare is an amazing experience overall. This company has been making strives towards growing and meeting the needs of the community. I am grateful for the graduate nurse internship program that I was offered that allowed me to grow as a nurse.
Pros
Free paid access to access CEU's
Cons
No union
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 18, 2018
Baycare has been the best company I have ever worked for. I absolutely love my job. They truly take care of there employees. Management is great and offer promotions.
Management Sucks / Horrible Pay
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 14, 2018
I’ve only been with this company for a little over a year and so much has changed with rules and expectations it’s ridiculous. People are always quitting so we are short staffed. Pay is horrible. I have friends that have the same experience as me and they are at other companies making as much as $2 more than what I am. Annual raises suck. 3% is the maximum and you have to be best employee to get that. Managers want you to go to “classes” for continuing education but you don’t get bonuses for it. The only reason I’m still here is because the doctors I work for are great and health insurance is good too. But I am looking for another job.
Benefits
Cons
Low Pay, Management
Machine worker
Registrar II (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 14, 2018
I have been with the company since 2011. I think if they would be understand what people have going outside their work life it would be different. I truly am appreciated of my time working at Baycare.
Pros
events
Cons
healthcare, policy
Excellent culture environment
Employee Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa FLAugust 14, 2018
Your voice is heard often in BayCare.
I'll keep writing until indeed let's me proceed to the next page without harassing me about making my statement longer. It's very annoying having to do this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BayCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight