BayCare
71Above average

BayCare Employee Reviews

United States992 reviews
Job was okay. Had high goals for collection money in the registration dept. I always seemed to make my goal but it was very stressful. Management would try to scare you about making goals.
Great place to work with great compensation. Work and home life balance is awesome as well. My favorite job after I retired from the Air Force. You’ll love it.
Not worth it. Not paid enough. Added patients to schedule. Weekend supervisors would threaten you and make you see over 9 patients.
Stressful environment.

Overwhelmed, over worked and underpaid

Managers and supervisors show Favoritism To some employees and some of management are BULLIES
Haven’t felt safe with this heath care system during Covid they dont require negative Covid results to come back to work if you had the virus
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Hostile work environment
Baycare work standards are amongst the highest in the medical field.

Baycare values customer service and satisfaction.

Baycare values employee satisfaction.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
The management is nothing but lip service. NEVER supported by team members. (Helped onboard them all). I love autonomy in home health, should NOT be that way in outpatient clinic. Very sad, I was personally the only mature team member (who also happened to have the most senority),
Pros
4 -10 hour shifts
Cons
Walked on egg shells EVERY day, very challenging on ones psyche
This company has no competition. Best job I ever had. Benefits and pay are pretty good. It’s a little hard to move up, I would say that’s the only bad thing but other than that they truly listen to how their staff feels and care so much about their staff.
Very little recognition if any for accomplishments and hard work
No regard for workload, hours, physical or mental health of associates just focused on money Patient care suffers because of this
Pros
401k vacation leave time
Cons
No breaks no appreciation
Two-faced miserable coworkers is what I was surrounded by. Constantly gossiping about other coworkers, doctors, management. To schedule patients was a nightmare. Doctors kept changing the template, always having to reschedule people. A typical corporate job. It’s sucks. The only good thing was a lot of pto. But that was the only thing I looked forward to was the next time I had off. I want to enjoy where I work. That should be the only benefit
Pros
Good benefits, lots of pto
Cons
Terrible coworkers, no lunch break, too much OT, demanding doctors, lack of management
As long as you pucker up and smooch smooch all will be well. If you disagree with the way things are going and voice your concerns, well, your career at Baycare is over. They will blacklist you meaning that should you apply for any internal jobs you will be looked over regardless of qualification.

Management will look you directly in the eye and lie to you.

Nurses and PCT's are just human resources. Don't like it? Leave. We will replace you tomorrow.

Nurses run hospitals. Nurses have no management training, well most don't. No management training, yet in charge? Bad combination.

Personally, experienced reverse race discrimination, age discrimination and reverse gender discrimination here.

Remember that it is a job. Make your money and go home. Don't think they care about you because I assure you, they do not.

Backbiting co-workers. Smile to your face yet when you are not looking they are in the office throwing you under the bus.

Now all of the above goes on at most hospitals. The issue is that many of this system's hospitals give the impression that they are faith based. In doing so they present themselves to be held to a higher standard....and they fail. Do not wish to be held to the higher standard? Change the names of those facilities and take down all of the religious imagery.

Pay is subpar. In healthcare in general, they way you make money is to hop from job to job. If you stay at one job for more than 2 years well you are hurting yourself. Stay and get what a 2 -3 percent pay raise. Hop to a new job and you will get 5 - 10 percent or more...
 - more...
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Really horrible management, from the top on down
Benefits are great and I love working for them! I will recommend baycare to anyone. I have been there for almost 3 years and plan on being here for the life!
I only left BayCare because I moved out of state. Because of my family and my needs, my position changed from full-time, to part-time and then to PRN status. They were great and always worked with me. Great company, great experience, great coworkers.
It has been my pleasure to work at BayCare They are invested in providing services to the whole community and give employees the tools and ability to assist people with finding the health and social resources they need
Pros
Stability
Cons
Everyone from Director, Office Mgr, to field staff were great, energetic and easy going. Questions were answered and pertinent information was always offered. Corporate office offered any needed training and were easily assessable to help with any issues.
good., busy, excellent Physician and Physician Assistants, wonderful caring nurses. Very nice group of people to work with. I enjoyed my time at Baycare.
Pros
some free lunches delivered by pharmacetical companies, my desk in view of nice big window.
Cons
no music
BayCare is a well-rounded company with a solid mission and direction focused on quality outcomes. Employees are embraced as assets and input is welcomed for any manner of procedural improvement. Advancement is encouraged and there are plenty of education opportunities available. Overall a wonderful company to work for with a welcoming culture.
Overall BayCare is a great place to work! Flexible schedule for the most part. Patients are the number one priority. The company benefits and perks are excellent they offer more than a lot of other companies. Monthly food trucks are a plus.
Very abusive mgmt style. Cruelty to cerebral palsy & cancer disabled employee - saying 'you have too many Dr appts! & Hosp stays! Then shouted 'I'm COMPASSIONATE! After my health worsened she gave me a .25 cent an hour raise for 3 yrs.
Pros
Cons
No life work balance, psychotic manager, favoritism and no recognition.
Horrible organization. The organization is anti semetic do think twice if you're Jewish about working there.

Management us horrible all they care about is money and working you to death.
Pros
Non
Cons
I love the management at SJH. I have been able to express my ideas. My director encourages work life balance and promotes personal growth within BayCare or not.
Overall Baycare is an excellent Company.
They care about their employees.

The location atmosphere varies by location.

Still in growing phase and some Managers are inexperienced.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BayCare. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight