Bayer Employee Reviews

Corporate environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 19, 2018
The company has competitive benefits and pay. There is low respect for work-life balance of individual contributors. The work environment is demanding and decisions are made slowly because managers are afraid of making mistakes. It's not a forgiving environment when mistakes are made.
Pros
beneifts
Cons
no work-life balance
Enjoyed working there fun hard working atmosphere
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed the fast paced work environment From the top down management was easy to talk to and also responded back to you on any questions that you might have had. It is a very family and Veteran friendly place to work
Pros
There are a lot of activities for employees and families
Cons
There was nothing that was a con for me at Bayer
Engaging Workplace with a lot of Bureaucracy
Senior Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 19, 2018
The people here are highly intelligent and management is typically open and engaging. Otherwise, work life balance is dependent on the department. The work is exciting and it feels good to come into work that work we do is helping patients live a better life through science.
Bayer Healthcare
Raw materials inspector II (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 16, 2018
Not a terrible place to work very cGMP regulated. People seem slightly stressed depending on what job they have. Employees here are either union or company.
Work environment varies with job
Chemical Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 14, 2018
If you are a true Bayer employee, there are many benefits: healthcare, an excellent 401K matching program, Credit Union, Gym, discounts on Bayer Pharmaceutical products, 3 weeks paid vacation starting, opportunities for career growth, etc. The catch is, it's unlikely that you are hired into Bayer as a full-time Bayer employee. Most people start at Bayer as a contractor. There are no benefits to being a contractor. no paid time off, no guaranteed healthcare (some contractors offer it, but it's not always great) no paid holidays, and no job security. Sometimes employees wait only a few months and other employees wait years to be hired on directly with Bayer.
Depending on what job you have, work life balance varies. Shift workers in the plant are usually required to work rotating shifts, often working both days and nights in the same week, weekends included. Lab analysts keep their shifts all year, but new employees are often placed in the overnight shift.
Bayer has a great culture, however. Everyone understands how difficult it is to do shift work or be a contract worker, and plant workers are well compensated. Safety is the #1 priority in everything workers do. Loyalty for Bayer employees is rewarded with more paid vacation and greater chances of internal promotions. Loyalty for contract workers is rewarded with chances to be hired on as a full time Bayer employee.
Pros
Great benefits for Bayer employees
Cons
Entry Bayer positions are mostly contract
Working for Bayer
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 13, 2018
This was a contract position for 3 months. There were opportunities to apply for permanent positions but they were extremely difficult to get because employees from within were chosen.

Very good experience.
Good work environment, bad job security
Cell Culture- Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 12, 2018
Bayer helped me develop my career and job skills. The only downside is job security, especially at the Berkeley site. The factor VII market is getting too competitive and I think it is something that this site did not prepare for.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Job Security
Large, high-tech, global, medical device company
Manager Global Service and Support (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 11, 2018
Bayer Diagnostics was a large, high-tech, global medical device development company with excellent benefits and a diverse and engaging work environment and culture.
Financial Planning
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 11, 2018
Led multiple initiatives to define external and management reporting solutions supporting public company readiness.
Defined finance reference architecture and target state financial reporting systems environment. Facilitated requirements gathering across US GAAP, US STAT, investments, treasury, tax, capital strategy, reinsurance, actuarial and FP&A.
Regional Imaging Product Service Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 11, 2018
During my time at Bayer I was very satisfied and valued as an employee. Bayer is a great company to work for. Bayer provides opportunity for growth and leadership.
Pros
Great work place, variable compensation
Productive and fun
Retail Sales Merchandiser & product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJuly 9, 2018
I have learned a lot from working with Bayer and also enjoyed myself the work environment is very laid back and you can move at your own pace and there is a trust relationship with management. Hardest part of the job could be bring down displays or setting plan-o-grams enjoyable part of the job is meeting customers helping them with their needs and stocking product
Pros
Bonus
Cons
temperary employment
Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Whipany NJJuly 8, 2018
Great place to work. You will learn a lot and work very hard. Lots of smart and fun people to work with. Great location and cafeteria. Great family oriented company
I just worked here while I was in school
Associate (Former Employee) –  8400 Hawthorne CorporationJuly 7, 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere, but was still more interested in my major. I would have still continued employment with this company, but my vehicle broke down and I no longer had transportation.
Pros
They always have work
Cons
It is very difficult to get on with this company.
The absolute BEST place to work
Liaison (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 5, 2018
My time at Bayer (14 years) was a delight from start to finish. Development, Recognition, Collaborative, Engaging, Rewarding. I haven't met anyone that worked there that doesn't feel the same.
Pros
Cons
They relocated
n/a
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 3, 2018
As a contractor my experience has been a great one. Would love to be a permanent part of the Bayer family, unfortunately, relocation will be necessary.
Great Place to Work
Medical Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VAJuly 2, 2018
It was wonderful working at BAYER. There where lots of oppuntuntes. I worked indenpentely developing test for medical facilities. The senior scientists where a pleasure to work with. They helped without hesitation.
Pros
Very nice place to work
Poor management / unfair and uneven distribution of workload
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 1, 2018
Managers I worked for only managed up to make themselves appear competent to their bosses, and did very little to help develop those working under them. LIFE values were not followed and favorites were played based on gender and friendships as opposed to competence and results.
Pros
good 401(k)
Cons
very poor management with HR
Good people to work with and a pretty fun job
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 27, 2018
I like it but I just don't make enough money and just no room to grow as far as moving up in the company. The bosses work well with people they are all pretty laid back and overall it's a really good company!
Good place to work but the location is the problem
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 26, 2018
This is good company to work for it is focusing on inclusion and re tooling for the future. The only problem for me is the commute. If I live closer to Berkeley it would be a great job
Pros
Good job
Cons
To far
Temporary position
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Harmarville, PAJune 26, 2018
There was no talk of hiring full time. Fast pace environment. Clean environment to work in. However it is a cut throat environment. People will step on you to advance themselves.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.2K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight