Bayer

United States2,732 reviews

Found 2,732 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,719 reviews
baycorncontractorbayerbalanceculturepollinatecrop

nice satrting

it is nice place to start working there. it was my first job as QA and i learned alot and alot. the team was nice, friendly. but as a management was kindly hard to deal with.

TD coordinator

Epic fail when it comes to training, High turnover rate. Lack of promotion and favoritism. Overall management was horrible and the pay was lower than average for my history and background experience.

Bayer insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

A Big European Company

Everyone should remember that Bayer is a German company that is still working to digest their Monsanto acquisition in the US. Since Crop Science is now 50% of total revenue, Pharma and Consumer Health divisions are less of a corporate focus. Work / life balance is good, but this may not be a place to grow a career longer-term.

Good team work, excellent management team, opportunity to learn new skills,

Excellent place to work. The focus on safety with frequent training on safety issues was impressive. However, poor consideration regarding personal needs e.g. vacation for temporary workers is the shortfall that needs to be addressed.

Pros

Free suppers when working after hours, training opportunities on aspects related to safety, good transportation to work location.

Cons

No incentives for temporary workers, limited access to computers for training

What is the best part of working at the company?The project was great and my teammates were wonderfulWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?A lot of pressure to meet the timeliness for the product launchWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?We had a great leader as our CEO so for me the work environment was pleasant and the culture was cooperativeWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?High pressured and long hours

Great people, Lax environment

Really relaxed environment, as long as you get the job you have to do done, no one cares how long you are there. Everything takes forever to happen though. Getting a new computer, etc.

PROS: Hybrid/WFH flexibility, Benefits/Insurance. Coworkers. CONS: Work/Life Balance (depending on dept.), Top-Level Management

PROS: Depending on the depart you worked in and your position, most employees in my department had the ability to Work from Home a few days a week or when needed. During Covid time, all office workers were required to work from home full-time. The Benefits and Insurance were good. Vacation/PTO was good (if you could take them without having to work during your Vacation time off). Good coworkers and team camaraderie (depending on the department you worked in). CONS: Work/Life Balance, Top-Level Management

sicuramente un ambiente lavorativo molto stimolante ma molto esigente

la parte piu' difficile del lavoro e' stata nello svolgere alcune mansioni con personale poco preparatoIl lavoro in se molto gratificante anche se livelli di stress molto alti

awesome place to work, with great colleagues and key, insightful learnings

seeing to customer needs and following up to meet clients satisfaction. Learnt that the staff are as important as the customer, both parties need to happy for growth to be achieved. Great man management skills and a great work place culture of creating a clean and safe environment where people work, live and play. Following up on distributor order and seeing my yearly forecast/target pull through is the hardest trying to convince the distributor to do more and the most enjoyable if it is achieved.

What is the best part of working at the company?May/might pay for continuing education.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Expected to work 24/7What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Nice if you are a white male.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Management changes your mind and your goals frequently.

Okay Company Needs Improvement

Although managers and some coworkers were friendly and supportive, the company culture is dreadful. Compared to other corporate spaces I’ve worked in, Bayer was definitely at the bottom in terms of employee incentives, community outreach, training programs/workshops, and overall culture. Pay was okay if you negotiated upon getting hired. Growth is very limited unless you want to play favorites. I guess it’s an okay company to kick-off your career, I’m glad to be moving on.

What is the best part of working at the company?The people who work there are awesome. Everyone is willing to help the new person. Felt like I had worked there longer than a year. Wish I still worked there.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Stress level was very low.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's very casual, but a great work-life balance. Highly educated people work there.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Typical day is a team meeting for a couple hours, managing calendars, making travel reservations, produce expense reports, just to name a few.

Good team environment

Worked here as a contractor. Overall was a decent place to work, some months were slower than others. I enjoyed the company events and autonomy in my position.

What is the best part of working at the company?Very professional environment. They paid well. Allowed remote work prior to COVID. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Tight deadlines. Lots of meetingsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The people are caring, supportive, and friendly. They encourage you to take your vacation time.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Pretty busy but not too stressful most of the time

Production

Great pay, long 12 hour shifts, great people, hard and physical work, Great benefits 401(k) matching 6%. Benefits from day one invested. On campus restaurant

Great place to work!

I really enjoyed my time working here. Pay was excellent, there were opportunities for advancements, and I learned a lot. Overall a great place to work.

Fun and competitive

You can also describe a motivating company culture by calling it “exciting,” “activating,” or “driven.” Engaging: Suggests that employees will feel invested in their work because it speaks to their interests. You can also say the culture is “enriching,” “stimulating,” or “energizing.

A great team but the wider organisation and senior management driving their own agenda

I like my role and my immediate teamAnd function but I really do question the wider senior management team who are creating a non Bayer culture which goes against the values of core Bayer. There is limited career progression and it’s more about who you know and not what you know!

Pros

Lunch card, good benefits

Cons

Lack of career progression and senior management

Production

Very fast paced. Not for the slow and pokey hard to keep the pace. You got hot and sweaty very fast. Good benefits all right pay. Cry long hours

job culture

good work environment and nice place to work. They provide enough time to get use to the environment and work. Atleast in the team I worked for. They send me for training to gain additional skills.

Amazing company to learn and grow

I was a year long intern at Bayer, and I learned more with and from the team than my school syllabus. People are really nice and want you to succeed. One thing I loved was team focuses more upon individual's strength over weakness as well as motivate to develop additional skillsets.

Pros

Company culture, values, Wlb, compensation

Cons

lesser opportunities for new graduates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

45%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Bayer with

Bayer reviews by popular job title

• Bayer