Bayer

Bayer Employee Reviews

Found 2,639 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,517 reviews

Bayer insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

nice satrting

it is nice place to start working there. it was my first job as QA and i learned alot and alot. the team was nice, friendly. but as a management was kindly hard to deal with.

New Management Ruined The Site

The Myerstown site used to be one of the best places to work in Central Pennsylvania. The site has gone downhill quickly since hiring a new management in 2019 from Proctor and Gamble. The new management didn't know what they were doing or care about people, so they brought consultants in and cleaned house. They have created a toxic work environment, destroyed the site culture, and everyone is quitting. The company used to care about its employees, but not anymore. The company pays well, especially since we have to work so much overtime, but it is not worth it anymore. Our office employees are afraid to speak up, or they'll get fired next or considered trouble-makers, so they let this happen. The consultants run the site. The people on the factory floor are fed up. We were already understaffed, and it's worse now since everyone is leaving, and we work non-stop. They can't hire fast enough, but nobody wants to work here anymore. As a result, morale has never been lower, but it's all about the production numbers now. After destroying this site, the consultants will move to their next target with their partner at the top. The same management and consultants did the same thing at other places.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Nice work environment, Safety, Quality

Cons

Turnover, Understaffed, Employees are just a number

Great Pay - Confused Company & Vision

Was a great place to work from a compensation standpoint. Came into a role behind another person who was demoted. Needless to say we never clicked and knowledge transfer did not occur even with many attempts. Often felt set up for failure do to lack of information. Office culture was not completely friendly on all fronts. Although many were friendly, just as many were "clicky". A lot of typical behind the back gossip in an office. Unfortunately, depending on the timing of the gossip, and whose ears it landed on, issues could and did arise. I think this was more of a symptom of "long term" versus "short term" and reactions of leadership without knowing the whole story to pacify the few.

Pros

Great pay, benefits, flexibility

Cons

Leadership with blinders on. So focused on big picture the details fall through the cracks.

Was OK for an entry level finance

Decent experience, good co-workers all in all. The work was fast paced.. Office politics were on full display; a lot of micromanagement to create the illusion of productive management rather than actually managing productively.

Pros

PTO policy

Cons

Office politics, micromanagement

No work/life balance

There is no work life balance. Pay is good, but I consider it hazard pay to compensate for the lack of work/life balance and literal chemical exposure hazards. Shift rotation is soul sucking and the overall culture and morale are terrible.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Everything else

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

If you're looking for solid pay and benefits but expect to be just a number!!

When I started at Bayer it was a great company to work for. I was with the company for quite a few years. It's been a gradual decline and all of a sudden we hit a cliff. You're literally just a number. They don't care about you or your family. It's all about hitting those numbers and the bottom line. The only thing that seems to keep people on board is there pay, benefits and accrued vacation. They're becoming "woke" and expect you to be on board with them. They claim to be "inclusive" but they most certainly are not. They definitely have an agenda. My immediate team was amazing. The higher up the chain you go the worse the corruption gets. They do a lot of preaching but they certainly don't practice what they preach!! Typical big Corp. It used to be a major plus if you could get your foot in the door. Now they can't keep people. The turnover rate is insane!! Treat people like more than just a number and I guarantee business would go a lot smoother!!!

Pros

Benefits, and pay but thats gradually declining.

Cons

You're just a number. They don't care about you

Most employees were great people to work with

A typical day would be working on my assigned projects and attending meetings. I learned a lot about communicating with other organizations. Management was fine, but they always held a lot of unnecessary meetings. Workplace culture was completely involved around meetings and "touch-basing". The hardest part of the job was managing my actual work around all of the meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the opportunity to present to upper management.

Pros

Diversity, pay

Cons

Too many meetings, meaningless work

Great place

Overall the work life balance is amazing here . Management is awesome a great group of people . its hard to get a full time job most people start as a contractor through aerotek. Really laid back work enviorement clean and safe. Some politics but that is everywhere . For what opportunities there are here and the work life balance , great mamangment i would recommend it.

Pros

Great people, work life balance

Cons

It can be cold in the warehouse we rotate shifts during production, hard to get on full time

They work you like a dog

They literally put a gun to your head to do overtime and if you refuse then you are not a "team player" even if you have other things going on they don't care. Management sits in there offices have meetings all day with other managers. The career ladder is completely useless you have to wait two years for a consideration of a raise or promotion and even when you do thats only if you pass their "assesment" . No way to move up unless you have a bachelors degree even though you dont need one for majority of the jobs here. So anyone without any education will never move up within the company no matter how much they know or how long they have worked.

Pros

time off, benefits, thats about it

Cons

Poor management, not enough people for the workload, mandatory overtime, unfriendly old heads complaining and harrassing.

The good is history, culture, environment and pay; The bad is overload sales pressure.

- A very good company with a long history, positive growth, friendly, and clean working environment for everyone fairly. Too many top experts there in different industries, you can learn or be aware of whatever you want if you are available.- Sufficient management skills, knowledge, and training were provided to the management team. They were all nice, gentle, and patient only except facing the sales pressure.- The hardest part of the job was too many sales-driven cases happened in those years when I was there, the pressure was not only for the sales department but also for other supporting departments.- The most enjoyable parts of the job were the free fitness area (likely the 24 Hours Fitness), weekly Happy Hour, monthly team-building budget, and the big entire company's annual conference where you can meet and hug hundreds of colleagues and key customers together there.

Best place for a career growth

Im an employee of bayer for 8 years now and i never regret working here people around you will motivate you to excell your career. They give a lot of training for you to prepare for your career. I highly concider bayer for those people that trying to build there career specially in management. And they always thingking about there employee safety.

Pros

Balance work easy to talk to managers very flexible in giving request off and full benifits.

Cons

Too much meeting to attend.

Was a great company to work for

Inspect all incoming and out going materialsGMP's Inspection of FDA Labeling, sampling of raw materialsManagement went down hill over the years. Workplace culture was good.Sampling raw materials in a Tyvek suit with half face respirator in 70 to 80 Degree clean room day in and day outGreat people to work with.

Pros

Great Insurance, Pay and Hours Vacation

Cons

Immediate supervision

I’ve worked horrible jobs. This isn’t one of them. It’s not that stressful or hard. There is a lot going on and plenty to learn. Starting as a contractor is a little rough but getting full time is worth it.

Pros

Steady hours, fair raises, flexible work

Cons

Can be physical, lots of meetings, can be hot/cold

Management said work life balance but made it into work only . 2 Very unprofessional on site managers . Bayers policies and rules are bit over the top and saftey is a little over bearing . Bayer has good benefits but cortevas PTO and sick days are way better than bayers. There was some managers that didn’t have a clue what they were doing but then preached accountability for workers but none for managers. Would just say this is a good learning experience when they made a mistake but then we’d be talked to about doing better. Bayer had some positives but way more negatives . Leveling up is bizarre because a lot of people who should have moved up didn’t but people you didn’t think would actually did other jobs are lot easier to get a raise without as much new responsibilities required . Not much incentive to stay and even with all job openings dont try to retain employees but think about sign on bonus but no stay on bonus after one year or more of service.

Corporate climate but family atmosphere

My hard work was always noticed. My skills and potential were always utilized and developed. Any disputes or issues were professionally and compassionately addressed for all parties considered while maintaining focus on what matters most.. safety/respect and then business necessities.

Pros

Incredible people and processes

The people

Supportive management, smart people, my job went from full-time in office to full-time remote which I really appreciated. I enjoyed the people I worked with, many for over 12 years.

Reasons not to go to Bayer

Work life balance is an issue at Bayer U.S. The setup is so bad compare to other companies. They should reconsider and reorganize their management team and value their employees.

Pros

Huge company

Cons

Work life balance basically work you to death and not paying accordingly

Meaningful Work

I worked in the Consumer Healthcare division on several top brands, working with bright and caring team members. Enjoyed a collaborative environment.

Pros

Smart, dedicated colleagues

Cons

Limited consumer marketing funding

Great People, Poor Pay

At Bayer I had great colleagues, interesting work, and good support. Compensation is where they fell short. The past two years they have given across-the-board salary increases to all employees which were the same regardless of individual performance. I had achieved the highest performance rating every year there, so this negativity affected me. It is possible to receive performance awards, but I was told it is a bad look for one person to receive them too often. There is currently a mass exodus of IT leadership and quality software engineering talent, and I have to think this is a major reason. I found a company that paid more within days of deciding to leave. It's too bad because I will miss Bayer.

Pros

Coworkers, Responsive management, Free skills training, Awesome 401k plan

Cons

Political correctness, Compensation

Great people but not a career upstart

You show up on the first day not knowing what you are going to be doing or what you are supposed to be wearing because all of the contract agencies are horrible at communication. DO NOT GO WITH ROSE INTERNATIONAL. They pay the lowest at $14 and pay biweekly while other companies will offer you $18 and pay weekly. Contract agencies for Bayer also rarely give raises. No sick days, PTO, or other benefits. There are little to no opportunities for advancement. DO NOT LISTEN TO MANAGMENT when they tell you otherwise. If you are put in Sample Management, you will not gain any real lab experience that other jobs recognize. Any other group is considered real lab experience. The people there are nice and they have free coffee, tea, (daily) and snacks sometimes. Other than that, I would not recommend working here if you are seeking a career in science. I'm glad I liked my coworkers, but this is a dead end for a career.

Pros

Free food, snacks sometimes, great people to work with, laid back management

Cons

Contract agencies, poor pay, no benefits, no opportunities for advancement, no real lab experience

Great time here

Was hoping to retire here but the company leadership in germany doesn't care for its US companies and closes them down for no clear purpose. It was a fun job and in my craft of Instrument Mechanic, we were highly rated by the customers, the people that worked in the R&D labs and production.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

2.6K
1.7K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

45%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss