Bayer Employee Reviews

Found 1,208 reviews matching the search See all 2,750 reviews
Strong company with good people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 19, 2019
This was a company that I could depend on for whatever I needed. the corporate office was located in the same city as all the properties I worked on. the ownership and management could be found on property at any time without notice. this could be a blessing or a curse, but they would give you leadership either way. The CEO would not hesitate to take a walk with you and share anything he might see, and yet take the time to listen to you. I worked under several General Managers and was definitely made stronger by all of them.
Pros
Strong communication
Cons
long days, didn't pay well
Bayer overview
EXECUTIVE SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA/San DiegoApril 17, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Bayer. They took care of us financially and dis a great job balancing work and life. The management was excellent and for the most part looked out for the sales team. The job itself was similar to Leo as I called on the same customers with the long commutes being the most arduous part of the job
A good workplace, with good qualified well trained people
I&E Technician (Current Employee) –  Institute, WVApril 17, 2019
My job was to troubleshoot instrument and electrical problems, work on analyzers. To work on what broke down the night before, or do preventive maintenance on equipment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Chemical health hazards
Company in transition
Director, Quality (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 16, 2019
Most corporate focus was on the Monsanto acquisition. Day to day focus was highly sales driven, often with non-competitive products. Regional management does not always follow global management direction.
Pros
Some extremely good people
Cons
Some not so great people
Great Place to Work
Patent Counsel (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAApril 16, 2019
There is a very collaborative environment and lots of opportunities to build your network and meet interesting people. Unfortunately, there were limited opportunities to advance within the company.
Poorly managed and backstabbing
Manufacturing Specialist/ HSE Technician (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSApril 10, 2019
It seems to me that at one time this was the place to work. Everyone talks about how great it used to be. I can say that this is no longer the case. The pay is great and if that is all you care about then this is the place for you. They reward mediocrity by not holding anyone accountable for their actions. They take the employees that are problem makers and move them to different areas instead of getting rid of them. HR is useless, if you go to them with issues be prepared for nothing to happen. It is a waste of time to go to HR because they are so afraid of getting sued that they will not let management discipline employees. If you work your butt off to try and make a better life for yourself and those that you work with, all you get is people talking about you behind your back. It's just like high school.
Pros
Pay, paid vacation, sick pay, paid holidays
Cons
Anaual reviews are not merit base, backstabbing, no accountability, talking behind your back
Complicated project accounting and purchasing system
Sr. Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 9, 2019
There were two separate Bayer companies at this plant. The company itself was divided into 27 divisions to avoid bankruptcy over numerous class action law suits filed against the Corporation, most of which involved dangerous drugs and cheating Medicare for 7 years. Massive reparations were paid, and numerous suits are outstanding to this day. All purchasing had to go through the Parent subsidiary at the plant. Consequently, all required information (to and from vendors for example) had to be relayed through this Parent subsidiary which made communication meeting schedules difficult. Purchasing was treated in the same manner.
Pros
Cons
Complicated accounting system was very awkward and inconsistent.
excellent place to work
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  myerstown paApril 8, 2019
an excellent place to work for. they treat employees very good the work i perfomed was enjoyable and satisfying. the work enviroment was tops and fellow workers were great
Fast paced place
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bapchule, AZApril 7, 2019
The mornings started out fast..due to trucks coming in to deliver the cotton...trucks were waiting for approval from the lab before they could dump the load....we were working as a team to get the job done...great experience.
Great company overall
Customer Logistics (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 3, 2019
I really enjoy working for Bayer but my location is being eliminated. The purchase of Monsanto which led to the demise of our stock price and announcement of laying off thousands of employees would make me caution anyone looking for employment here.
Pros
Flexibility, challenging work, mobility
Cons
Layoffs
Stressful during harvest
Seed Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 3, 2019
It's only stressful during harvest months. Other than that, it's a pretty relaxed environment as long as you are able to perform the job. Better management would've been better.
Was great
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Whippany & RogersApril 3, 2019
Not so much anymore. The culture has become cut throat and no one will be accountable fore actions unless its a positive for them so yo have to take care of yourself before you can do your job.
Pros
No one cares
Cons
No one cares
Exellent work enviroment at all levels
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 1, 2019
Excellent experience at all levels at Bayer; a company that provide you many options in how to do your work. Is a company with clear goals for their employees. Bayer have excellent company structure, based on their politics. I will work again with Bayer
Pros
Comunication
Cons
salary compensation
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 28, 2019
It was very productive, easy, & fun. I never had any problems, the managers were very understanding, communication was the key for working there. I loved my job, the work was going short so they laid alot of people off.
good place to work
Machine Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Saxonburg, PAMarch 25, 2019
Good place to work. Generous benefits in a clean workplace. They provide plenty of training opportunities. 12 hour 2-2-3 schedule is a little rough...
Good salary, a stable job but poor training
Indicators Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edo. de MéxicoMarch 24, 2019
It is an excellent company to work if you are looking for a stable job, a good salary and benefits, but if you want to learn a new skill or to get a certification, you have to look for it by yourself, training there is very basic.
Pros
A stable job, a good salary and benefits
Cons
Poor training
Outstanding company that strives for success with innovation and care for employees embracing diversity and inclusion.
Institute Site Leader (Former Employee) –  Institute, WVMarch 24, 2019
Always looked forward to going to work.
Learned from teams, other network sites regionally and globally.
Management utilizes efficient tools and work processes to establish goals and objectives and to achieve them.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with foreign competition for manufacturing.
Most enjoyable, working with employees to meet goals, develop them to move to their next step in their careers and reward them for success.
Pros
Top company to work for globally for many reasons.
Cons
Can't think of any Cons
Productive work environment, great co-workers, lots of teamwork
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMarch 24, 2019
Working at Bayer was an eye opening and great life experience for me. It was my first exposure to engineering in a work environment and shed a lot of light on how life as a mechanical engineer in a manufacturing plant would be. Unfortunately, I did not use any 3-D modeling software while working there and thus all of my 3-D modeling experience has been strictly from school. However, what I did gain from working at Bayer was largely troubleshooting, technical writing, and teamwork experience. Not much guidance was given to me when I started working there (by design). I learned quickly how and where to find information I needed. By talking to and making friends with maintenance personnel, line operators, and fellow engineers I was able to complete vague and initially confusing projects before their deadlines.
The destruction of a great small company
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianola, PAMarch 20, 2019
Bayer acquired Medrad in 2006 and has since destroyed the culture and work environment. Medrad was a two-time recipient of the National Malcom Baldridge Award for Quality and had annual growth figures in the double digits prior to the acquisition. It's now a shell of it's former self under the Bayer flag.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Slowly destroying a great company
poor
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sauk Centre, MNMarch 16, 2019
They have double standards as far as safety is concerned, when you get yelled at for doing a safety violation, then let a lead person get a way with a safety violation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bayer.

Powered by Comparably