Bayfront Health Port Charlotte Employee Reviews

Only work here as a last ditch option
Staff (Former Employee) –  PcuSeptember 25, 2019
Horrible micromanaging director
People consistently were missing money from their paycheck
Horrible schedules
No respect for patients or workers
No consideration for patients or workers
Doctors treat patients according to ability to pay, withholding care from those who can't pay well, overcharging those who can
Proffessionalnitganization
RRT (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 31, 2019
Orientation thorough. Coworkers are friendly, supportive and collaborate efforts to complete patient care workload Nursing staff appreciate Respiratory Therapist skills.
My experience at Bayfront
Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 10, 2019
If u need a job. Please come apply it's a great place to work. Great people. Good environment. Always keeps me busy and met alot of nice people there. I am enjoying my time with my fellow employees
Community Hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 7, 2019
Facility is progressive but not focused on medical care staff. Turnover of personnel is high. Organization is management heavy. Salary increases are inadequate.
Good benefits.
ICU Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 3, 2019
Very busy ICU area, but very organized, team work, excellent management, co-worked as well .
I really enjoyed and learned a lot on that job, Highly recommended place to work.
Pros
Good management, nationwide company
Cons
Low salaries
Co-workers are genuinely the only positive
Hospital Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 27, 2019
Do you like being overworked and underpaid? If so, this is the place for you! They will force you to cut back on your hours, supplies, and sanity (unless you wear a suit of course). Bless the hearts of those in HR though! They really do try and stay positive! They’ll always be there to reminded you how valuable you are as a team member....and tell you how lucky you are to get a 30 cent raise.
It was a great place when I first started working there but by the time I left the doctors were leaving in the staff we're leaving not a very happy cr
Csfa (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FL 33952July 22, 2019
Hiring people off the street to put in positions that you need to go to school for is not something that I think should happen in this is happened many of times at Bayfront Port Charlotte
Love working here!
Clinical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 26, 2019
Bayfront Health Port Charlotte is a great place to work. I love being able to help patients and staff daily in my role. Teamwork and internal development of employees is of the most importance to the organization. I am going into my third year working with Bayfront Health and have no intention of leaving. There is unlimited growth options and my Director is overly helpful and supportive.
Poor work
RN (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 6, 2019
I wasn’t paid properly for hours worked. Had to fight for pay and was never fully paid. New manager was not professional and bullied nurses many times.
bayfront health pc
Registered Nurse on PCU/IMCU (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 14, 2019
Great place to work, great bosses great food, great insurance, great ride to work, great uniforms, great internet connection, great pens and pencils, great everything
Team work
FL. Critical Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 11, 2019
Good teamwork with ICU staff and upper management. Good flow of patients between ER and ICU. Good communication between units and staff. Good updates with education
The people who work there are wonderful
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLApril 12, 2019
I moved from area, other wise I would still be there.
The doctors were very nice to staff. The manager was very understanding and worked personal life to gel with work life.
The OR STAFF worked as a family. Every one was concerned
for everyone else.
Productive, Customer Service Skills Excellent, always available when needed.
Patient Access/Preceptor/On Call (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FL 33953April 12, 2019
I have learned a lot when by working for this company.
All aspect of Insurance Billing, Pre-certification, Diagnostic Scheduling.
The departments I've work in was Emergency Room, Pre-Operative for surgery, Out Patient Department and Admitting.
I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Only one half hour for lunch.
Cons
Sometimes a break. So busy sometimes not able to take a break.
Work Experince at Charlotte Regional
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMarch 28, 2019
I was hired in a new position that had not been fully developed. The Educational position was first developed to assist the Director of Education but the D.O.N. wanted me to be the Clinical Educator over Med/Surg and Psych. So I was split between the two positions. I had only received 2 days of orientation when the other Clinical Educator quit and I was then expected to help with orientation and the work with the new nurses.
Many times complaints were made that I was not meeting the standards of the job description. After 4 months it was a mutual decision that I leave that position
Pros
Working with the new nurses
Cons
Poor insight and planning of the job
Wow
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMarch 18, 2019
Cannot even describe how bad it is to work for this organization. What was said to me during the interview process was the exact opposite of what I got. Management demands you take more patients than is safe, only a few strong nurses that you can depend on and forget about help from the PCAs. They are more interested in drinking their Starbucks and hiding from their jobs than helping patients and nurses.
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
Breaks? forget about it. Lunch? forget about it. Willingness to listen to staff? not gonna happen
Productive stressful fun workplace
Patient Access/Preceptor/On Call (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FL 33953March 11, 2019
My productivity how I work well with coworkers.
How I relate with patients and their family.
The most enjoyment part of this job is being the Insurance
Specialist . (Getting Authorization and Referrals).
Pros
Accasionaly free meal on holidays.
Cons
The most of the time no breaks and lunch.
hardest part of the job
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLFebruary 25, 2019
We at times can have up to 7 patients on a Medical Surgical floor which can be overwhelming to provide good care. The best part of the job is the people you work with. They have done extensive updates to the hospital appearance.
Love to spend time with my family
RN (Current Employee) –  Origanially from NJFebruary 9, 2019
Love my job but I feel it is time to grow. I learn every signal day. Management is very important and very much needed. The workplace culture can interfere with what you day on a daily basics. The hardest part of the job is completing the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the same people day in and day out.
Pros
Free lunch is always a plus
Cons
Short breaks is always a con
Great place to work but not enough hours
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJanuary 19, 2019
Loved the hospital, job, and location. Department where I worked did not have enough work to keep me there full time. Do not have any regrets about working there.
let go
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLDecember 11, 2018
My shift was switched without talking to me about it first. They switched my shift with another person who wanted my shift. I was let go because people were jealous of me and felt like I was a threat to their job because I was not there long and was doing a better job than them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayfront Health Port Charlotte. Our community is ready to answer.

Bayfront Health Port Charlotte Reviews by Location