Bayfront Health Punta Gorda Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
I like the small hospital environment.
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda FloridaAugust 6, 2018
Because the Hospital is small I have been able to get to know the CEO,CNO and almost all the department directors.being able to talk to the person in charge is invaluable.
Pros
Getting to know most employees.
Cons
Because the building is 70 years old we often have electrical and plumbing issues.
management all smoke and mirrors anything to keep department staffed bogus concern and behaviour when you have concern or work overload.
Patient Admiiting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMarch 10, 2018
poor bogus management understaffed constantly poor training no breaks concerns never effectively addressed no comiments or fratitude for going above and beyond except from grateful patients
Cons
breaks mahagement
Productive, team atmosphere.
PCU RN (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLDecember 2, 2016
Over see care for 4-5 patients per shift, admissions, and discharges. Coordinate care with Dr.'s and family, busy floor, we all work well as a team, have great CNA's and Unit secretaries who make work flow smoothly and enjoyable.
Pros
Free gym membership, work environment
Cons
Low census during summer.
Favoritism, no yearly reviews/ raises
Hourly non clinical staff (Former Employee) –  Bayfront Health Punta GirdaNovember 8, 2016
The management is unsupportive of the employees. Concerns over policy/ work environment are ignored. Preference given to favored staff members. Many policies not followed. Unprofessional & often times hostile work environment.
Cons
No performance reviews. Hrs cut during off season, resulting in having to use up vacation accrual just to have a paycheck.
A place of oportunieties and great management environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FL 33950August 24, 2016
Bayfront have been my first Hospital environment and a great step in my career; I felt that to be realized as a nurse I needed to have the hospital learning experience and I will never regret it. I have learned so much and I got to know a lot of great people. Every day at work is a challenge. It is small hospital and I learned to do and work where I am needed, I learned to be flexible and work under stress. Working at Bayfront is really hard every day, but that environment help the health care team to be better and help each other.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Paper charting, no EHR
Poor communication and unclear expectations
Non managerial/ hourly staff (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMay 20, 2016
The chain of command here is very blurred, training is nonexistent. Favoritism and cronyism are rampant. Your concerns go unanswered and if you complain you will be singled out..
Pros
There are some very carimg nursing staff.
Cons
No dept is given the tools needed to provide great patient care.
No salary adjustments. Ever.
Allied Health (Current Employee) –  ImagingMay 6, 2016
No one ever gets fired, they're relocated. No raises, no matter what how many years you've been with the company. If you sign up for educational reimbursement you're required to stay for two years.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Salary
Room for growth
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLApril 20, 2016
If interested, a person can grow and take on new responsibilities. Can be challenging during season, but slow in off season.
Pros
Season
Cons
Season
Not the worst.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 2, 2016
Although we are short staffed a lot and usually pretty busy. They work very well with my school schedule and help with reimbursement with it. I love my directors and most of my coworkers. It is a fast passed and stressful job.
Pros
Works with each other
Cons
Under staffed
Management sucks
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMarch 30, 2016
They look down on you and have unrealistic expectations with the amount of short staff that is there. No real room for advancement and they pay is poor for having to deal with violent patients and getting injured. The job itself is rewarding just wish the staff was more appreciated and and well compensated given the risk of working with psychotic patients.
A job with benefits..?
Employee (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMay 6, 2015
Management is not supportive and they do not act like your a human being
Little to no room for advancing unless it completely benefits the hospital
Raises are almost nonexistent...the raise scale is "rigged" as to how much you get
Business Office
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJune 16, 2014
No one gets fired. Customer service is horrible and not enforced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayfront Health Punta Gorda. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8