Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Employee Reviews

Stressful and understaffed
RN (Current Employee) –  BayfrontDecember 15, 2018
The overall workplace culture is negative. The company does not feel financially stable as stock share prices are extremely low. The hardest part of the job is trying to stay positive in such a negative environment. The most enjoyable aspects of the job are the patients and fellow hard-working staff members.
Pros
Free parking. Campus is easy to maneuver.
Cons
High turnover, under-staffing, inconsistencies in expectations
Had a great family orientated culture until Corporate took over
Manager - Medical Education (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 8, 2018
I worked for Bayfront for 9.5 years, I gave it my all worked for my MBA and DBA, never received any recognition as I was a non-clinical employee.

I took over Medical Education, streamlined the process and achieved Accreditation with Commendation for the medical education department, which had never been done in the 22 years of accreditation awarded by the Florida Medical Association.

It did not matter, corporate wanted all hospitals to be standardized, which included closing the medical education department and laying me off without a moment's notice.

I was heartbroken and totally shattered.

The medical staff I worked with were awesome people and I have no complaints about that but senior leadership are unemotional and don't see a person just $$$$
Pros
free lunch, undercover parking
Cons
Corporate policies, protocols and senior leadership
Not collaborative directer and bad teamwork
Sonographer PRN (Former Employee) –  St. Peter, FLOctober 24, 2018
I don't recommend it for work, bad team not collaborative, stressful environment. not a good place to start
they want everything is done in minutes! what's about the quality!
strict, rude. For sure don't like to work in such environment.
Work
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLOctober 11, 2018
My department was horrible! One women I worked with had been in this department for over twenty years and still had no idea how to do the majority of her job qualifications. I was in total shock upon arrival !
Good starter hospital
Trauma Stepdown Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, RUAugust 29, 2018
Good facility for those new to medicine. Lot's to see at the local Trauma hospital in the middle of a major downtown. Management was all over the place...but not in a good way. Disorganized. Salaries given do not match the work that is requested. Low pay across the board.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Pay
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 20, 2018
Being an employee at Bayfront Health St.Petersburg has its pros and cons like any job. You learn a lot about healthcare and can move throughout different departments.
Pros
Stable Work
Cons
Many new changes since being acquired
Very nice place to work
OR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 2, 2018
Bayfront is a very nice place to work.. I really enjoyed working there.. The staff is very nice.. they greet you as you walking in the door..Sometimes they give you extra breaks..
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
To many employees
Fun place to work
Robotic Coordinator CST (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 12, 2018
Fun employees to work with. Everyone is very helpful and supportive. Manager is Very positive about suggestions to improve staffing and replace. I really enjoy my job here but am looking to increase my knowledge.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Good & bad
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 1, 2018
Pros: benefits and hours of working in a hospital, great coworkers on certain floors there is a sense of teamwork

Cons: short staffed, equipment not always available to do your job, lack of communication with management, overall feeling that employees are not always valued
great people to work with
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 29, 2018
The staff at Bayfront is very helpful and come together as a team for many truama cases, they are wonderful to work with. The surgeons are caring and excellent in their care to the patients. Management is supportive and flexible with their scheduling.
Pros
flexible schedules and great staff
Terrible management
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 5, 2018
Micromanagement, terrible work culture. Nurses are constantly being over-assigned to patients, staff is frequently cut to save money at the expense of patient health.
Great and fun place to work.
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 8, 2018
Working at Bayfront as a Chaplain is a job that more engagement with the patients family and the patients. I provided pastoral care, which is rare for a hospital to have a staff Chaplain.
I loved my job!
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 20, 2018
I start as a PCT new in nursing school, staying all the way through my education & after. I learned so so much about all aspects of Health Care & loved my job.
Pros
Cons
The hrs..too hard to find adequate day care in the hrs I was working
Life in Bayfront OR
Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Operating Room provides a lot of opportunity to learn different surgical specialties. Fast paced environment. Level II Trauma hospital. Lovely city to live in.
If you can work here you can work anywhere
Work Culture
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Management is unresponsive to employee suggestions. Failure to complete department goals are placed on the shoulders of front-line workers. Managers and directors never take responsibility for failures in their departments.
Pros
Not any to speak of
Cons
Very little concern for employee well-being
Nice place to work with excellent care givers.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Bayfront is a nice place to work, but can do much better as far as showing appreciation for staff. As a PCT I feel as if I should be acknowledge more for the hard work I do.
Very quick paced environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 15, 2017
This is a good hospital for new students to learn, it's very quick paced. Stressful. Nurse to patient ratio's could be better. There is a high turn over of employees because of this.
It's Time.
On-site Customer Service agent (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 17, 2017
This used to be a good place to have a career, but not the corporate culture has turned it into an unfriendly place to work. I enjoyed being here, but now it's time to move-on.
Critical thinkers heaven
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 23, 2017
I loved working for Bayfront. The team work was unlike any other. My manager was absolutely incredible. I only wish there was lift equipment. It is the most physical laboring hospital I have worked for. Other than that, I honestly have nothing but the up-most respect for these medical professionals.
Pros
Must critically think
Cons
Must critically think because of lack of MD's on nights
Patients are at RISK of poor outcomes
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 12, 2017
First hand experience of patients having poor outcomes due to lack of care by physicians and nurses not responding to changes in patient condition in timely manner to prevent serious decline or possibly death. They prefer to hire new nurses in critical care units to save money, so the sickest patients do not get the care they need and deserve from experienced nurses. Poor staffing for RNs throughout hospital has resulted in bad things happening to patients. Charge nurse has patients too, so they are unable to supervise new nurses adequately. Very few nurses with experience are hired, so if you have to go to Bayfront hospital in St. Pete, make sure you take a friend or family member to watch out for you during your stay!!!. Please, It's the only way you will receive adequate care and make it out alive.
Pros
Have met a few nurses who were experienced good nurses; but they have all left the hospital
Cons
Hate to see patients who could have received better care else where

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayfront Health St. Petersburg. Our community is ready to answer.

Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Reviews by Location