Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Employee Reviews

Good & bad
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 1, 2018
Pros: benefits and hours of working in a hospital, great coworkers on certain floors there is a sense of teamwork

Cons: short staffed, equipment not always available to do your job, lack of communication with management, overall feeling that employees are not always valued
great people to work with
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 29, 2018
The staff at Bayfront is very helpful and come together as a team for many truama cases, they are wonderful to work with. The surgeons are caring and excellent in their care to the patients. Management is supportive and flexible with their scheduling.
Pros
flexible schedules and great staff
Terrible management
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 5, 2018
Micromanagement, terrible work culture. Nurses are constantly being over-assigned to patients, staff is frequently cut to save money at the expense of patient health.
Great and fun place to work.
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 8, 2018
Working at Bayfront as a Chaplain is a job that more engagement with the patients family and the patients. I provided pastoral care, which is rare for a hospital to have a staff Chaplain.
I loved my job!
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 20, 2018
I start as a PCT new in nursing school, staying all the way through my education & after. I learned so so much about all aspects of Health Care & loved my job.
Pros
Cons
The hrs..too hard to find adequate day care in the hrs I was working
Life in Bayfront OR
Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Operating Room provides a lot of opportunity to learn different surgical specialties. Fast paced environment. Level II Trauma hospital. Lovely city to live in.
If you can work here you can work anywhere
Work Culture
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Management is unresponsive to employee suggestions. Failure to complete department goals are placed on the shoulders of front-line workers. Managers and directors never take responsibility for failures in their departments.
Pros
Not any to speak of
Cons
Very little concern for employee well-being
Nice place to work with excellent care givers.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Bayfront is a nice place to work, but can do much better as far as showing appreciation for staff. As a PCT I feel as if I should be acknowledge more for the hard work I do.
Very quick paced environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 15, 2017
This is a good hospital for new students to learn, it's very quick paced. Stressful. Nurse to patient ratio's could be better. There is a high turn over of employees because of this.
It's Time.
On-site Customer Service agent (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 17, 2017
This used to be a good place to have a career, but not the corporate culture has turned it into an unfriendly place to work. I enjoyed being here, but now it's time to move-on.
Critical thinkers heaven
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 23, 2017
I loved working for Bayfront. The team work was unlike any other. My manager was absolutely incredible. I only wish there was lift equipment. It is the most physical laboring hospital I have worked for. Other than that, I honestly have nothing but the up-most respect for these medical professionals.
Pros
Must critically think
Cons
Must critically think because of lack of MD's on nights
Patients are at RISK of poor outcomes
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 12, 2017
First hand experience of patients having poor outcomes due to lack of care by physicians and nurses not responding to changes in patient condition in timely manner to prevent serious decline or possibly death. They prefer to hire new nurses in critical care units to save money, so the sickest patients do not get the care they need and deserve from experienced nurses. Poor staffing for RNs throughout hospital has resulted in bad things happening to patients. Charge nurse has patients too, so they are unable to supervise new nurses adequately. Very few nurses with experience are hired, so if you have to go to Bayfront hospital in St. Pete, make sure you take a friend or family member to watch out for you during your stay!!!. Please, It's the only way you will receive adequate care and make it out alive.
Pros
Have met a few nurses who were experienced good nurses; but they have all left the hospital
Cons
Hate to see patients who could have received better care else where
Love the people.
Lab Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Pete, FLSeptember 1, 2017
I love the people I work with however workloads can be overwhelming at times. There has been a lot of staffing turnover and new policies to learn. Change can be good, but too much change at one time has put tremendous strain on staff that has remained.
Groud group of people and supervisor is awesome
PRN Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 3, 2017
The people in the ultrasound department are great and real team players. The ultrasound supervisor is awesome and a pleasure to work with/for. I am a prn employee and happy to be a part of the team.
Poor Management = Poor Quality
Director (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 21, 2017
This is the hospital of last resort from a work perspective and a patient care perspective. Co workers are rude to each other and to the patients. No strategic vision. Leaders micromanage and get involved in the wrong things. I have been working for over 30 years and this is by far and away the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Terrible management team
A good place to work
Histotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 17, 2017
With some internal restructuring at the management level and an overhaul of the work environment, this medical system has the potential to be a great place to work. Though opportunities of advancement is limited, the consistent and challenging work provides daily job satisfaction.
Unethical, worse place to work.
CPhT (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 1, 2017
Sanitation, sterilization, organization,etc is far away from following this rules. Management have a do not care attitude and the environment is very hostile if you are new. Basically put your head down, do not give your opinion and just work.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, extra work
Easy foot in the door job
EVS Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 29, 2017
Hard to transfer to other departments and rude management. The hardest part about the job is coming into a cranky setting everyday and having to make the best of the time you work.
Pros
easy work day
Cons
communication skills
Surgical Tech
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 7, 2017
Assist doctor with invasive surgeries. Decent place to work. I like my job, bu I've recently become a nurse and I was not yet offered a position so I am shopping around
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I receive report on patient's from night shift nurse. Assess patients check lab work, insert IV or foleys if necessary on a patient, access mediports, remove PICC lines and deaccess mediports if mandated. Care of all patients needs and wants, taking orders for patients for doctors, admitting and discharging patient's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayfront Health St. Petersburg. Our community is ready to answer.

Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Reviews by Location