Bayfront Health Employee Reviews

Life at Bayfront
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Working at Bayfront is a fast-paced job but you have to also focus on accuracy. Like any job in healthcare, peoples lives are your business. It can be stressful but is also very rewarding.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
pay could be better
Not happy.
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 21, 2018
I love caring for my patients, but they too are not happy with being rushed through. The culture is not patient focused, but it should be! The CEO gives the impression that he cares, but management is not controlling the group and nothing gets done to correct the problems despite the assurance that it will be handled.
Pros
benefits are decent
Cons
lack of patient focus
Needs an overhaul
Clinical Supervisor/ Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLAugust 17, 2018
This facility use to out perform, now its under performing and most will not even utilize this if given a choice. Work day is normal 8 hours but most staff are pushed by management to reach unrealistic goals. Money is the driving force.
Busy ER
RN-ER (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 9, 2018
Plethora of outside nursing staff for both the main emergency room as well as minor care. The staff left employed through Bayfront are established and with walls secured around them. No new people fit in.
No job security, no growth, no schedule
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 31, 2018
If your a nurse,doctor or administration job security is there. However, all other departments constantly wonder if they will have a job next week or not.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
no growth for careers
Colleagues truly have your back!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 18, 2018
Despite or, perhaps, because of scant resources and bureaucratic over-regulation, Bayfront docs and bedside care providers truly support, assist and encourage one another!
Opportunities to explore different facets of healthcare industry
Coding and Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 27, 2018
While I was employed at Bayfront Health I survived two acquisitions of corporate takeover. My start with Bayfront provided me the opportunity to learn as well as teach and help cultivate intern family practice doctors knowledge of medical billing practices. After a year I was able to slide into the supervisor position of the residency billing department. The first corporate takeover pushed me into the position of not only billing supervisor but managing all physician coding over the hospital and their billing. I am extremely grateful for the experience. Bayfront was located a bit too far away from my home and the commute proved to take it's toll on my enjoyment of the job. I left and ended up working from home in the trucking industry with my husband.
Pros
team building
Cons
it's an office job
Poor management and organization
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLApril 9, 2018
This company seems to chose the most incompetent management and breeds incompetence as a rule. They settle for less than mediocrity in the care of patients and allow unsafe nurses to continue to work in areas they should not work. The changes are so frequent that staff frequently are not able to keep up. They are reactive rather than proactive. Their focus is not on the patients but how much money they are bringing in for the patient. Discharges are frequently to early and patients are readmitted in less than 30 days. The nurses who do care about their patients are at a disadvantage because they have so much on their plates that they have difficulty providing the care they feel they should. Many of the nurses are poorly trained and unable to start IV's and depend heavily on the nursing supervisor. Staff are not held accountable for policies or procedures unless surveyors are in the house. Scapegoating is the way management deals with issues. They seek to blame someone and will discipline them even with frequent changes. The discipline can include termination but not for those who make multiple medical errors which endanger patients.
Pros
Many good staff members
Cons
Poor management, blame atmosphere
great place to work
Med/Surg/Tele RN (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMarch 31, 2018
I like the small hospital atmosphere. Family like feeling with coworkers. The patients come in all varieties. I worked the med/surg unit. The population of patients consists of mainly senior citizens, due to the area, Charlotte county.
Pros
good coworkers
Busy Hospital
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 25, 2018
Bayfront Health St. Petersburg was a great hospital to work for. The staff and coworkers were great to work with, very friendly and supportive. Management was fantastic. Biggest downside was the lack of space in the department and limited equipment as it is an older facility.
N/a
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Like most job there was good aspects and bad aspects and I just felt it was not the right company for me. I do however stand by their doctor's as they are all great
Overworked, underpaid
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 26, 2018
Poor decisions are made by corporate and then blamed on staff. Staff are overburdened and blamed when care reviews are bad.

This was a much better place to work before the new corporation purchased the hospiital.
Poor Communication and system
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 15, 2018
No Breaks, the doctors do not respect nurses or call back when paged. Under staffed and unsafe working conditions for both staff and patient safety. Management only seems to care about the numbers.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
No breaks, under staffed, no respect, lack of safety
Time to go
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Субъект Санкт-ПетербургJanuary 8, 2018
I have worked for this company for 4 years and it has changed management two times. Each time it just gets worse. Very micro-managed. Lack of communication is very strong. I feel that I can do better elsewhere, and be able to strengthen my skills in a more positive atmosphere. I would be nice to work in an environment that appreciates it's employees.
Pros
Covered parking...
Cons
No structure, no communication
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 18, 2017
Typical day would consist of review of daily orders.
Worked closely with C-suite
Workplace culture was very positive
Great teamwork
Great collaboration among directors
Pros
Great workplace environment
Cons
Job Growth
Slow paced
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLDecember 15, 2017
No advancement and they continuously cut hours because of how slow it is. good for starting a nursing career and getting your feet "wet" but not for motivated hard working go-getters.
fast paced
Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 30, 2017
workplace culture understaffed most of the time. Management was change at least 3 times in one year. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed and having to do paper charting. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff; people I worked with.
How it is
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 21, 2017
The days are long and filled with many tasks to do and most of the time not enough time to get it done. Teamwork is a very large factor and sometimes you have to rely on others to make sure everything gets done in a timely manner. I am mainly responsible for delivering multiple medications throughout the hospital and restocking the med room acudose machines. Some of the people I work with have been with the company for a long time and in my eyes are allowed to get away with things others aren't or speak to others in ways that create an uncomfortable work environment. The most enjoyable day for me is working with individuals I get along with and having the opportunity to talk and goof around while working.
Hospital
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 7, 2017
Working with patients, performing CNA task, fast pace environment. Hardest part of job is watching people pass away. Most enjoyable, watching people get better. My manager was let go, they have new management now. It would not be fair for me to rate the new management team.
fast paced
Day Shift NICU Charge Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLNovember 1, 2017
bayfront health spring hill is a small NICU with 10 beds and a Level II. The hospital has gone through many ownership/transitions and the lack of direction is apparent.
Pros
close to home
Cons
lack of direction