Bayfront Medical Center Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work, horrible management
Lab Medical Assistant/Plebotomist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 22, 2018
this place doesn't care for their employees. They mistreat and abuse their people and don't care if you don't get breaks. They will work you to death if you allow them. the whole place in understaffed as well, making everything that much harder fr everyone else.
Low pay for the level of work
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 19, 2018
They had me managing the A/R group including interviewing, hiring, firing, and discipline. I was paid the same as everyone else. They went to convert me over to a regular employee with no additional compensation for running the group.
Cons
Managers that didn't know anthing about accounting
Job review
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  saint petersburg, flMarch 8, 2018
Very innovative company and it's great helping clients get jobs in a global market. Everyone is professional & positive to work with. The relaxed work environment allows working remote sometimes, which was awesome for saving on gas and on bad weather days.
Bayfront
Patient Transition Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 26, 2018
Bayfront is an amazing facility in our community. We have some of the very best physicians, nurses, therapists. We just don't always believe that our product is the best and we don't all promote it as such. We need to repair our culture.
educational environment
Part-time Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 26, 2018
This was a learning opportunity for professional growth. I was able to float to many departments for experience. Supportive staff in designated trauma center.
Pros
educational opportunities
Cons
large trauma center
good learning experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Bayfront had poor nurse to patient ratios. I never felt like I had enough time to take care of the patient with the triple charting that had to be completed.
Dynamic and quick paced rehabilitation units
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Great place to work with great coworkers and leadership. Dynamic and exciting case load with collaborative interdisciplinary approach. Fast paced and rewarding.
Pros
Continuing education supplimented and benefits
n/a
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 24, 2017
i was unhapy with the experience, that does not mean that it is not the place of employment for somone else. Also, I did not work for Bayfront directly, I worked for CHS (their corporate company).
Bayfront experience
Staff nurse / Medical Surgical / Orthopaedic (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 14, 2017
I learned that team work is very important for all healthcare employees. We worked short staff most of the time, and because of good relationship we build up with my peers, we're able to get through our shift.
The Nurse manager was a pleasure to work with.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 7, 2017
The 12 hour days were long and challenging. Working at Bayfront enhance my nursing skills, and encouraged me to be more confident nurse. The unit I worked had great management.
Patient and money driven
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 12, 2017
Bayfront Medical is a good company to work for... if you dont mind approaching patients for money, while in house, no matter the circumstance.

The hours are fair and pay is fair with bonuses depending on how much you collect at time of service.
pretty simple
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33701October 29, 2017
as long as you worked hard and met work guide lines, management was willing to work with you and help you move up fairly quickly, some times working with nursing staff could be difficult
Pros
okay management
Switchboard
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33701October 29, 2017
Supervisor had the worst attitude, I would not be willing to work with her again. She was not understanding and had a high tone voice to all employees and tolerated some interesting discrimination going on in the department.
not a fan
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 9, 2017
I think that the management doesn't look at you as a member of the team, but just a body to fill in needs. On night shift a nurse can have up to 8-9 patients and the med assistant can have the entire floor. Its too much work and not safe.
Awesome place to work
OR Assistant/House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 24, 2017
Good place to work, nice co workers and management. The workplace has a diverse culture. A lot of very nice people to work with, caring and charming people. The best part of the job was the co workers, more like family. Co workers always willing to help out in any situation.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
short breaks
Bayfront
Progressive Cardiac Unit RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 19, 2017
I worked on a very busy unit. The staff were very supportive. We all helped each other out if one of us was running behind. The MDs were excellent. Our patients population was very pleasant.
Pros
Staff and Management were helpful.
Cons
Easy to get burned out. Fast paced hospital.
Good hospital to be employed at
LPN on Medical/Surgical (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 2, 2017
Bayfront was a good work experience that tool on new graduates and helped training new nurses. Great medical, dental, and vision. Ratios were equivalent to most hospitals.
Pros
Great teaching hospital
Cons
fluctuation in staff
Great Company
WOMEN'S SERVICES EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 20, 2017
Great company with opportunities for advancement. Supportive culture for learning. Busy unit with all levels of acuity of patients. You will have an opportunity to see and do things you might not at other facilities. Supportive management staff.
Good opportunity
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 24, 2017
Job has many demands, but they prepare you for the position. I there is little opportunity for growth within the department , but you can grow within the hospital.
since you asked
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 19, 2017
Very interesting, never a dull moment, exposure to a broad scope of conditions, cultures, diseases. teaches you to be very creative and think outside the box. Lots of room for growth, lots of learning.