Bayhealth Employee Reviews in Dover, DE

Bayhealth
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 24, 2019
They are fair with employees and have good benefits. I’ve been here two decades and was able to transfers to different departments through the years - twice.
Pros
Flexible with doctor appts
Cons
Communication between levels could improve
I enjoyed working for the company
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 22, 2019
Bayhealth is more of a nurse oriented hospital not much advancement for pharmacy technicians. The pay is a little below average from other hospital's in area but overall a good company.
Pros
Discounted meals, prescription discount
Cons
Alot of walking, lifting, etc.
Growing company with their eye on success
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 1, 2019
Having started my career in the industry at Bayhealth, I've absolutely been given the opportunity to grow and learn. They are willing to let employees travel for work, such that on return the knowledge obtained while away can be shared. Management in IT focuses on the same things and in general agree with one another where the department should be going. Workplace culture continues to adapt as we move closer to our company core values.
Pros
Training opportunities, personal growth encouraged, slight community feeling
Cons
Wages are relatively low, many of the non-clinical office spaces are uninspired and dull
Productive and I enjoy the job because i love what im doing, helping people.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 26, 2019
Helping patients and giving the care that they deserve. Assisting them in their daily needs like feeding, giving bath, taking accurate vital signs, measuring I and O and always make sure you know the patient rights
Pros
Cons
short breaks
A good paying job
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 21, 2019
Good paying job, but management rarely recognizes you for jobs well done. Lack of advancement opportunities. You often feel like just a number since the organization is so large.
Eh
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 9, 2019
Typically, youre running short staffed and all you hear about is patient satisfaction. There is little consideration for the nurses, except among nurses. Fellow nurses that I have worked with here are amazing and have each others backs, and my direct manager. However the upper management is focused primarily on budgets and patient satisfaction.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Short staffed, little advance in pay
Toxic
Physician (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 2, 2019
As a physician, is a horrible place to work. They don’t care about the doctors at all. Only about the numbers. They care more about scores then the physicians themselves
schedule
Unit Clerk/CNA (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 26, 2019
I liked the job and the people. Some times the work load was a lot but it was manageable. I worked with just didn't like working weekends because I had kids
Needs ALOT better mannagment..... new director was all about hiself and not for his team like he should have been
Public Safety officer/ Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 2, 2019
Bayhealth is a great company to work for. The management in some departments is garbage and should be looked into. Its really messed up. They don't want you to achieve in your career unless it benefits them.
Bayhealth has become an environment not suited for me. The management doesn’t care about its employees.
Interventional Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 13, 2019
Bayhealth was once a great organization. It still is. However the department I work in needs great help. I feel like management doesn’t care about people in this department as long as the shifts are covered.
Pros
I love helping people
Cons
No breaks and hectic schedule
Stressful Environment and Poor Management
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 13, 2019
DO NOT apply for Registrar!!! Management is lazy and petty. You will NOT get any proper training. Hours are always changing (you never know when you will have a shift change because there is NO COMMUNICATION!! You get treated poorly by nursing staff. You basically work hard for $12.58 per hour (no matter what degree you have). AVOID IF YOU CAN!!!
Bayhealth
Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 31, 2019
Bayhealth is a quality place to work with a family centered approach to the workplace. The offer competitive wages and benefits. Clean and friendly workplace.
Registrar ( previous employee)
Registrar/ drug screen tech (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 20, 2019
Bayhealth uses their employees and then pushes them out. Do your research there are many active law suits against Bayhealth right now. They do not work with you is you have children and need time off or having a child. Following chain of command to HR doesn’t help you what so ever either.
Pros
Acrueed sick/PTO time
Cons
Everything.. management.. alert no room for advancement
Great benefits, everything else can be iffy
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 14, 2019
Experiences may differ depending on whether you're working for the hospital or medical group. The medical group is a bit of a mess--doctors and staff seem unhappy, overworked and of course underpaid. Managers can be incompetent, artificial and petty.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Overtime, Incompetent managers
Great learning experience
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 28, 2018
My experience thus far at Bayhealth has been awesome. There is always a opportunity at hand to learn more, be mentored and encouraged to continue your education
It a great place to work
Concenters/ Operator (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 13, 2018
I love bayhealth its a great place to work, and I love the environment. There is always a opportunity to grow to learn from others, and to be successful.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
great manager
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working in rehab while at bayhealth. the manager was very friendly and easy to approach. being such a small department, we didn't always have much pull on the nursing floors, but overall it was a good experience
Productive and learning environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 29, 2018
Very nice place to work, just needs to be a little more organized meaning the employees. We need more employees so that the staff can stretch out the weekend.
Pros
nice hospital
Cons
need some work
Friendly environment with orientation and job success important
Staff Nurse / Neurosurgical (ICU) (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 28, 2018
The most satisfying part of my job are the patients and their families, and at times they are the hardest part of my job. How is this so? Patients are the only reason there is a job for me and doing that job well puts them in the center where they belong.
Pros
Manager is the best I have ever worked for in my 26 years as a nurse.
Cons
There is a lack of acknowledgement of the night shift, and what we do for the 12 hours we are working and the day timers are home.
Productive and fun
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 24, 2018
This job was a very productive, fun, and room to grow!!! I learned a lot from working at bayhealth and I also learned a lot working along side with the nurses at bayhealth!! I enjoyed holiday parties as well and the department parties! Nurses willing to teach and help when they could
Pros
Half price lunches In cafeteria
Cons
Short lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayhealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight