Bayhealth Employee Reviews in Dover, DE

Great hospital and great people
Staff Pharmacist Ambulatory Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 8, 2018
The outpatient pharmacy is a busy place. Our customer base is fantastic. We are a closed pharmacy so we only fill prescriptions for employees and their families or prescriptions written by a bayhealth physician. The worst part of the job trying to safely staff the pharmacy and stay within the budget. Management is poor and it creates a tense environment. The best part is the hospital staff. Everyone in the building greets each other with a smile.
Pros
Healthcare and 401 are good
Cons
parking can be a challenge
Productive and educational work experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 8, 2018
I had a great learning experience.The staff is very helpful and friendly and are willing to teach new incoming student nurses. I enjoyed my time here.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 6, 2018
I worked two days one week and three days the next. Everyone was pleasant to work with.I would have still been there, but had to deal with Health problems for the biggest part of a year and they couldn't hold my job for me.I would prefer to work at Bayhealth in Milford, DE
Productive and professional place to work
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 1, 2018
A typical day in the ER at Kent General is busy and productive. I have learned how to manage my time as a nurse and work efficiently to provide the best, safe care to my patients and recognize critical signs and how to deal with critical situations. Management is very friendly and good at making sure everyone is coping well with their job during the shift, by offering help if needed. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the flow and not getting burned out at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling you get from hearing your patients tell you how appreciative they are of the care you've provided, also being apart of a team that has saved a life!
a little unorganized
Certified Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 1, 2018
a little behind with technology in spd but they are actively working towards improvement. management is very adamant about quality patient care. overall good place.
Registration
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 20, 2018
A typical day at work is being on your feet for the majority of the time or signing in patients through triage. While being here, you learn how important teamwork is and how efficient you work should be. Outside of your co-workers, there is a bond within the whole Emergency department. The hardest part of the job is not being prepared for the unexpected. The most enjoyable is the stories you may hear from patients and patient satisfaction.
Pros
breaks, ER relationship
Medical office setting fast paced
MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dover, DE 19904April 18, 2018
Very busy office. Fast paced. I got to help others while learning orthopedics. I worked with a trauma surgeon who taught me a lot about trauma and what happens in the OR.
Productive workplace
Central Supply Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 7, 2018
You can learn a lot from this workplace. Staff is very helpful to new employees. The benefits are fairly good. I would recommend others to work here!
Great benefits
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 5, 2018
Good place to work, steady income, good benefits. Depending on the department and co workers, it could be a good work environment. Steady hours. Management coins use some improvement and employee confidentiality needs improvement
Prodcutive work
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 29, 2018
provide food for patients and visitors. I learned that food is as important as medicine. workplace is a teamwork environment. the hardest part of my job is explaining to patient why they cant have something because of there diet. my most enjoyable is the interacting with patients to put a smile on there face and providing five star service for customers
Good work opportunities
Patient Sitter (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 29, 2018
Working at BayHealth helped me to learn a lot about people and helped me to better know what I wanted to do as a career. I did not agree with some of the procedures that the hospital followed and there are a lot of discrepancies from floor to floor but over all I enjoyed working as a patient sitter here
productive workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 24, 2018
+gives you room to grow
+flexible hours
+paid time off
+good morale
+good management
+ gave me a lot of info I need for my studies the employees are very helpful
Would work here again
Unit Secretary/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 21, 2018
here for a few years but was injured and had to make the best decision for the company I could at that time. I did advance from CNA to Unit Secretary in good timing. And would work there again.
Poor management
Allied health (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 20, 2018
Alot of turn over, poor management. The hospital itself is not bad however certain departments are ran very poorly. No matter how high the turnover is no one wants to get rid of the cause they just let the rotating door keep going. They worry about recruiting but they take no care in retention of their employees.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Lack of management
not ready for ethnic people in roles
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 13, 2018
Job was very demanding and stressful for the around of money they give you is very low and not enough for all the work and stress. Management was overbearing and controlling . Staff was very demanding and no help was given more of a custodian job.
Pros
good scheduling
Cons
was very stressful
productive
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 6, 2018
Great experience, everyone is a team player and I learned a substantial amount of info regarding the medical field. The staff is approachable and the work load is manageable,
Fast paced, team oriented
Medical Billing and Coding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 14, 2018
I like working with our team of coders and billers. I wish the compensation was better. I enjoy working with the EPIC System. Our Manager is willing to listen to any problems that we have and tries to fix them.
A Home Away from Home
Direct Admissions/Discharge Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dover, DelawareFebruary 3, 2018
Bayhealth Medical Center is a community hospital where there is a strong sense of family among the staff. The hospital has many employees with exceptional longevity and loyalty to the hospital.
good place to work
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 3, 2018
good place to work, friendly coworkers, benefits were very good,commute was easy,cafeteria food was good, parking was always available,cameras and hot lab was well maintained.
nice place to work
NUTRITIONAL CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 30, 2018
loving and great experience to work for. management great and i am willing to recommend anyone to work there. love it if you need a good experience this is the place to work in the health field.
Pros
great vac paid
Cons
have to work every holiday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayhealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight