Bayhealth Employee Reviews in Dover, DE

Working for Bayhealth has been a wonderful experience
Switchboard Operator (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 5, 2017
A typical work day consists of taking calls as soon as I come into the office. First, I must log onto my computer and open the information I will need to assist the hospital staff and customers when answering the call. I handle several phone calls from the hospital staff such as doctors, nurses, care management and family members calling about patients. I learned that it is important to report accurate information such as the patients name and date of birth. The work culture is an enjoyable and the management is professional. The hardest part of my job is when I receive a call from an employee or customer who is looking for the answer to a question and I would need to research the answer. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist patient's family members to connect with their families. It is also enjoyable when I help out a team member or hospital staff with a difficult situation they may be experiencing.
Pros
Ability to choose when to take breaks, Paid time off
Cons
Sitting for a long period of time
Absolute worse health system I have ever worked in
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 28, 2017
If you want to work for a company where you are devalued everyday, overworked, short staff and treated like a number, this is for you. BayHealth cares about one thing, their image in the community. Staff are treated poorly and frequently told, "If you don't like the way we do things there's the door. Where else do you think you can get a job." This should be the BayHealth slogan, since it is something said by virtually every manager in every department. They would work me for over 24 hours straight and say it was okay, since it was on call and not scheduled time. If you are a competent professional do not work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Virtually everything
Coworkers and managers are great, benefits good. Pay isn't all that. Other than that, I enjoy working there
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 14, 2017
I enjoy working there a lot. The pay isn't that great but the people I work with and for are phenomenal. Everyone gets along with everyone, they work as a team.
Very Helpful
Electronic Health Record Extern Diagnostic Imaging (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 12, 2017
Every person i dealt with on a daily basis was very helpful to me in the process of succeeding at my position. Within the amount of time is was there the staff were very friendly to me and also made me feel comfortable.
Office works as a family, very conscious of balance always flexible!
Interdepartmental Aide, (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 3, 2017
Office was great to work for, they have a strong family like bond making work fun and fast. When i took classes my supervisor allowed me to adjust my schedule because he believed school was most important. Would go back there!
Nice place to be a Per Diem RN
Staff RN - Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 21, 2017
Very pleasant staff I consider to my friends as well as colleagues. I enjoy collaborative relationships with physicians. Patients are, for the most part, pleasant, polite, and appreciative of care.
Look elsewhere!
RN (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 16, 2017
This is the worst place that I have ever worked. There is a culture of fear, retaliation and ignorance promoted at Bayhealth. Management is not supportive of staff and not responsive to complaints. Magnet is a joke. Raises are ridiculously small despite this hospital system installing a very expensive EMR and building a new hospital. Nurses are not valued.
The Unit staff are amazing and passionate
Medical Discharge Planner MSW (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 8, 2017
A great place to work and obtain valuable experince. Bayhealth stands by their values and mission statement. Bayhealth is involve in multiple programs and project that enhance the relationship between them and the surrounding community.
staffing issues
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 6, 2017
a job where it is difficult to go above and beyond your patients basic needs due to staffing issues. Management should be more involved on the in patient units. Good teamwork among nurses and CNAs for the most part.
Externship
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 30, 2017
Everyone is very helpful, even the doctors and a pleasant place to work and experience. Learned a lot as a student. Nice patients interactions & clean environment.
Na
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 29, 2017
Very good to work for very close to homeenoyed every day of work home and work live balanced would work there again very good friends and good team work.
Pros
Na
Good community hospital
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 18, 2017
Nice place to work in central Delaware. Staff are overall friendly and have worked there for many years. Good benefits. Lots of oppurtunities for continuing education and advancement.
great job, great people
StoreKeeper (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 14, 2017
great place to work , depending on what the hospital needed was how my night was going to go. but all in all my cowrokers had my back if i had any questions.
committed to service
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Dover, DE 19904June 7, 2017
I work the night shift and it is a pretty laid back environment, we are a centralized department, so not only do we monitor Bayhealth in Kent county, but we also monitor Milford hospital. I learned that communication is very important in this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of a team that works together to ensure optimal care to these patient's. The hardest part of the job is when a patient does not make it.
Run!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 7, 2017
Worst HR I have ever dealt with! Be prepared to be lied to. The pay is horrendous for nursing and the management is even worse. It's a revolving door thar they do not care to fix, seems as though it's all about the $!!! Save yourself and go to christiana!
Pros
Great coworkers, 12 hr shifts
Cons
High turnover, short staffing, low pay
Psych Tech (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 26, 2017
Loved working with the patients. Learned a lot from the counselors and doctors. The nurses were nice but many of them did not show their focus on the patients. Enjoyed the job. A great place for students to work to open their eyes etc...An awesome experience to work here.
Pros
Awesome Experience
Cons
Nurses that should have never became a nurse was there at this time
Best job I have had
CNA (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 13, 2017
On my unit there is great teamwork. Sometimes the days can get crazy but we work together to make it a great day. We are very much appreciated and rewarded.
Large variety of patients with various diagnosis
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 28, 2017
Large facility with various patient types seen on a daily basis, from simple to complex, education benefits, good health and 401K benefits, good leadership with good mentoring skills,
Pros
Large facility with various patient types
Cons
Not being able to experience various settings
In a hospital environment you deal with staff and patients on a regular basis
Telecom Technician / Network Analyst / Desktop (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 25, 2017
Our team is a well balanced and organized area, we handle approximately 65 other buildings other than the two main hospital campus'. We are currently in the build process of a new hospital and will be much needed for the community.
Team work made the work load easier.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 27, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was having other coworkers come to help out when its needed. Often times there were stats to do one behind the other . It takes time to clean a room thoroughly and having pressure to do it quickly leads to mistakes.
Pros
When patients appreciate your work.
Cons
Coworkers calling out, doubles the work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayhealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight