Bayhealth Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Ratings breakdown
Love my job and employer
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEMay 26, 2018
I enjoy getting up to go to work! I work with some of the best nurses! Team players! Great work environment! Good rapport with the doctors and fellow employees.
Pros
Great unit! Good manager
Cons
Call
Love my job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEFebruary 20, 2018
Love what I do. Love where I work. Love who I work with. There is a lot of teamwork on my unit. Manager listens and seeks to accommodate requests when able.
Typical healthcare
RN (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 10, 2017
Typical healthcare facility fast paced always do more with less. Hard to get anything done so much always going on lots of moving parts. Patient care is good would be great if everyone in the nation would decrease patient to nurse ratios.
Benefits
Cons
Support from support departments
Fast paced working environment, great collaboration with other departments.
RN (Current Employee) –  Milford, DESeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work, most days;)
As with any medical situation, there are good and bad days. For the most part, administration is supportive. Encourages re-reimbursed education. Magnate status.
Absolute worse health system I have ever worked in
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 28, 2017
If you want to work for a company where you are devalued everyday, overworked, short staff and treated like a number, this is for you. BayHealth cares about one thing, their image in the community. Staff are treated poorly and frequently told, "If you don't like the way we do things there's the door. Where else do you think you can get a job." This should be the BayHealth slogan, since it is something said by virtually every manager in every department. They would work me for over 24 hours straight and say it was okay, since it was on call and not scheduled time. If you are a competent professional do not work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Virtually everything
Nice place to be a Per Diem RN
Staff RN - Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 21, 2017
Very pleasant staff I consider to my friends as well as colleagues. I enjoy collaborative relationships with physicians. Patients are, for the most part, pleasant, polite, and appreciative of care.
Look elsewhere!
RN (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 16, 2017
This is the worst place that I have ever worked. There is a culture of fear, retaliation and ignorance promoted at Bayhealth. Management is not supportive of staff and not responsive to complaints. Magnet is a joke. Raises are ridiculously small despite this hospital system installing a very expensive EMR and building a new hospital. Nurses are not valued.
Run!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 7, 2017
Worst HR I have ever dealt with! Be prepared to be lied to. The pay is horrendous for nursing and the management is even worse. It's a revolving door thar they do not care to fix, seems as though it's all about the $!!! Save yourself and go to christiana!
Pros
Great coworkers, 12 hr shifts
Cons
High turnover, short staffing, low pay
Making improvements with new Milford campus
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEMay 9, 2017
Emergency department at current location slightly dated, but new hospital being built due to open in 2018. Current manager of Emergency Department began as a staff nurse.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Great learning experience
Registered Nurse, full-time (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 20, 2017
Each and every shift is unique and different. There is so much to learn and so much to experience. Management is great and the environment is uplifting. The hardest part of the job is staffing. The most enjoyable part is taking care of critically ill patients and observe them get better as time goes on.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at work provided me with the growth and needed knowledge in the reference to the healthcare world. I started out as a CNA and grown to be a RN
Productive and fun place to work. encouraged to continue educate and advancement in career.Had excellant benefits and compensation.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 11, 2015
BayHealth is great place to work. Management was there to help in the good care we were able to give our patients and family. The benefits were great. Continuing Education was encourage and paid by the company. The staff had comfortable and fun time at work.
Day began with short staff meeting, then received report fro nurse caring for your patients. Introduced myself to each patient and family. Made sure my ares we stocked with the equipment needed. I carried out all orders and procedures and readied my patients for admission or discharge. At end of shift reported off to on coming nurse.
Pros
Supportive staff, paid education, promotions
Cons
under staffed
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 26, 2015
Worked casual hours. Available shifts to pick up. Nice working environment. Did not look for positions of advancement but noticed many of my coworkers making position changed within the organization.
productive day at work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at work is a four to five patient load, working under a charge nurse. I am a fairly new nurse, and i have learned so much, everyone is extremely willing to teach and help me learn. management is great, and very involved with on-boarding. My co-workers are enthusiastic and very competent. the hardest part of the job is when patient needs pile up, but i can always ask for help from my charge nurse and co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job is being with my patients, advocating for them, and caring for them holistically.
Pros
free training
Cons
short breaks, long work hours
Smaller hospital, great staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 2, 2014
Fun place to work as a nurse, focused on shared governance and improved nursing staff.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Staffing