Bayhealth Employee Reviews

Productive and learning environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 29, 2018
Very nice place to work, just needs to be a little more organized meaning the employees. We need more employees so that the staff can stretch out the weekend.
Pros
nice hospital
Cons
need some work
Friendly environment with orientation and job success important
Staff Nurse / Neurosurgical (ICU) (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 28, 2018
The most satisfying part of my job are the patients and their families, and at times they are the hardest part of my job. How is this so? Patients are the only reason there is a job for me and doing that job well puts them in the center where they belong.
Pros
Manager is the best I have ever worked for in my 26 years as a nurse.
Cons
There is a lack of acknowledgement of the night shift, and what we do for the 12 hours we are working and the day timers are home.
Productive and fun
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 24, 2018
This job was a very productive, fun, and room to grow!!! I learned a lot from working at bayhealth and I also learned a lot working along side with the nurses at bayhealth!! I enjoyed holiday parties as well and the department parties! Nurses willing to teach and help when they could
Pros
Half price lunches In cafeteria
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Ok place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working there but was upset with the way management handled family emergencies. The company was not helpful when I needed time off due to my daughters condition.
Not the best place to work but the coworkers make it doable
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 14, 2018
No incentive to advance. Horrible pay. Completely overworked and understaffed. Management is biased and does not care. For the most part staff is unhappy but comfortable
This company lives their mission!!
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEOctober 31, 2018
I loved every minute of my 14 years with Bayhealth. The work was not always easy but was rewarding in the end. I started as a volunteer there and left as a Nurse Manager. They assisted me with paying for my education and for that I will be forever grateful. Good luck in the future as you expand into the new southern campus!!
Pros
Management team
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 29, 2018
It’s been awhile since I worked there. However, when I did, it was very small minded hospital. & if you didn’t “know” somebody you were swept under the rug, replaceable, not important. May be it has changed over the past 5 yrs. At the end of the day the “patient” was always right.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not valued by organization
terrible working environment
Senior Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 6, 2018
Management is horrible in the IT section of the Hospital. If you are looking to get into the IT field steer clear of Bay Health.. the IT's are cutthroat and have no team effort.
management
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 30, 2018
Management spends too much time patting themselves on the back, giving each other awards and certificates and not enough time on patient care. They talk, talk, talk, but never walk the walk. recommendations for increase patient services were ignored. Working outside for a retail pharmacy we often had to call because of repeated errors, physicians writing Rxs for Medicaid patients and not authorized to write Medicaid rxs, schedule drug prescriptions not written to law requirements.
good place to work
Patient Care Technician/ Registrar (Current Employee) –  Milford, DESeptember 21, 2018
i like my job. i like what i do. i love my department. My manager is always willing to help me with the things i need to complete my work tasks. good place to work.
Inclement Weather Policy
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 18, 2018
Bayhealth inclement guidelines were not fair to their employees. If they shut down the office you would have to use your leave verses having a Administrative day.
Pros
I had the best patients
Cons
Some of the Doctor's and Nurses were rude
Great place to work. Great benifets
Unit Secretary/Nursing Assistant - ICU Department (Former Employee) –  Milford, DESeptember 3, 2018
Bay health is a great place to work. I have worked for them over 15 years. I have learned a lot and been threw a lot. Over all I'm was happy to work for them
Pros
They stood by there employees
Cons
At time the patient census was low losing a lot of people, including myself.
n/a
RN (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 31, 2018
I usually work 12 hours a day, 3 days a week. I work on the floor with great team work. Bayhealth is a magnet hospital where autonomy and individualism is highly encouraged.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Okay Workplace
ComCenter Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 21, 2018
Decent company to work for, bad management. I had great, friendly coworkers who worked hard as a team and always put the needs of patients before themselves.
productive ans stressful
Central Service/Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEAugust 8, 2018
Bayhealth was a great place to work. I had a wonderful supervisor at the time and I enjoyed my work. People seem to always be willing to help or instruct ways to make procedures more tolerable.
Pros
Supervisor
Cons
Not enough staff for the work load
Working at Bayhealth
Epic Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 1, 2018
Working at Bayhealth is a tremendously positive experience. Everything I have seen or heard leads me to believe there will be an abundance of opportunities in the future. The department I work in is full of positive, capable and hard working people.
Great company
Environmental Services Lead (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 21, 2018
typical day high-paced but in a relaxed atmosphere. management would place in positions to advance.The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking but pleasant culture.
Productive workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 14, 2018
Management at Bayhealth is very supportive of continuing education. What I love about working at Bayhealth is the ability to help others and care for patients who are critically ill.
great place
Staff RN (casual) (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEJuly 4, 2018
It was a great place to work. the department in which i was employed was very fair in giving time off. I worked PRN and sometimes worked 40 hrs or i did not work for a couple weeks if i needed to take off. Especially when there was an unexpected death in family. the department team members were very kind and worked well together.
Productive Work place
Staff Nurse Dover (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 1, 2018
As a Medsurg nurse, I provided what was necessary to maintain and improve the health, welfare, and protection of my patients. While a circulating nurse in the operating room, my attention was focus on the patient. Being the patient's advocate and working with the surgeons, anesthesiologist, surgical technologist and others, the focus is the safety of the patient. I assisted the staff with medication, surgical equipment and monitor inpit/output of fluids.
Pros
Education Career Advances
Cons
Shortbreaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayhealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight