Bayhealth Employee Reviews

Great Culture Great Place to Work
Bayhealth Employee (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 25, 2018
Bayhealth is a great place to work! Fantastic benefits, great company culture. Always putting patient first, always looking to improve, a culture focused on patient safety.
Pros
A regional health system with a community hospital feel
Cons
Not always the best experience but always looks to improve.
Great Group
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 21, 2018
Worked rooming patients. Management was easy to work with. Enjoyed all the doctors that I worked with in my office and all of my co workers were great. Overall good environment.
Challenging environment
Reporting and Analytics Project Manager (Former Employee) –  DelawareJune 21, 2018
The work I performed was valuable and targeted to the future well being of the company and its staff, as well as the patient population. Very irrationally charged emotional environment.
Horrible Experience
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 20, 2018
The absolute worst hiring and work experience I have ever been through for a temporary job. The recruitment process in the HR dept will pressure you to sign an offer letter. Tell you that your getting benefits but not sure if its part or full time. Put my 2 weeks notice in and then they tell me its a temp job that ends in 9-10 months with no benefits. I only worked there 4 days and resigned because of this deception.
Pros
Cons
HR deceiving hiring practice.
stepping stone
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 8, 2018
There is a very high turnover rate so I believe many employees use Bayhealth as an opportunity to learn the necessary skills for advancement in their prospective careers
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
severely underpaid and overworked
Ok place to work
System Quality and Continuous Improvement Director (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 3, 2018
I liked this place. Besides some of the senior leaders the employees and managers at Bayhealth are pretty solid. The hospitals are nice and they actually are trying to improve the patient care for patients.
Love my job and employer
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEMay 26, 2018
I enjoy getting up to go to work! I work with some of the best nurses! Team players! Great work environment! Good rapport with the doctors and fellow employees.
Pros
Great unit! Good manager
Cons
Call
Awesome place to work.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 21, 2018
Good people to work with. Pay is not bad but is not satisfactory for the experience that I have. I have been working for this company for three year and will invite my close individual to work here,
Pros
Driven reward program
Cons
low pay
Ok environment
Insurance Verifier (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 11, 2018
It is what you make it. work is very repetitive and slow-paced. no room for career advancement. They have really good benefits. They are very flexible with your schedule
Great Job
Sr. Clinical Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Bayhealth, it was a great place to work. I just did not like being stuck behind a desk every day. I wanted to be out working with the patients on the units.
Great hospital and great people
Staff Pharmacist Ambulatory Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 8, 2018
The outpatient pharmacy is a busy place. Our customer base is fantastic. We are a closed pharmacy so we only fill prescriptions for employees and their families or prescriptions written by a bayhealth physician. The worst part of the job trying to safely staff the pharmacy and stay within the budget. Management is poor and it creates a tense environment. The best part is the hospital staff. Everyone in the building greets each other with a smile.
Pros
Healthcare and 401 are good
Cons
parking can be a challenge
Productive and educational work experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 8, 2018
I had a great learning experience.The staff is very helpful and friendly and are willing to teach new incoming student nurses. I enjoyed my time here.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 6, 2018
I worked two days one week and three days the next. Everyone was pleasant to work with.I would have still been there, but had to deal with Health problems for the biggest part of a year and they couldn't hold my job for me.I would prefer to work at Bayhealth in Milford, DE
Great foot in the door
Billing and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 2, 2018
The doctor their was always late which made patients very upset because they had to wait a long time. What I did like was learning lots of different things about working in a medical office.
Pros
Learning lots about medical
Cons
Barely any breaks
Productive and professional place to work
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 1, 2018
A typical day in the ER at Kent General is busy and productive. I have learned how to manage my time as a nurse and work efficiently to provide the best, safe care to my patients and recognize critical signs and how to deal with critical situations. Management is very friendly and good at making sure everyone is coping well with their job during the shift, by offering help if needed. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the flow and not getting burned out at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling you get from hearing your patients tell you how appreciative they are of the care you've provided, also being apart of a team that has saved a life!
a little unorganized
Certified Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 1, 2018
a little behind with technology in spd but they are actively working towards improvement. management is very adamant about quality patient care. overall good place.
Registration
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 20, 2018
A typical day at work is being on your feet for the majority of the time or signing in patients through triage. While being here, you learn how important teamwork is and how efficient you work should be. Outside of your co-workers, there is a bond within the whole Emergency department. The hardest part of the job is not being prepared for the unexpected. The most enjoyable is the stories you may hear from patients and patient satisfaction.
Pros
breaks, ER relationship
Medical office setting fast paced
MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dover, DE 19904April 18, 2018
Very busy office. Fast paced. I got to help others while learning orthopedics. I worked with a trauma surgeon who taught me a lot about trauma and what happens in the OR.
Productive workplace
Central Supply Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 7, 2018
You can learn a lot from this workplace. Staff is very helpful to new employees. The benefits are fairly good. I would recommend others to work here!
Great benefits
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 5, 2018
Good place to work, steady income, good benefits. Depending on the department and co workers, it could be a good work environment. Steady hours. Management coins use some improvement and employee confidentiality needs improvement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayhealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight