Bayhealth Employee Reviews

Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEDecember 10, 2017
I worked there for nearly 20 years and loved every minute of it. The management on the unit is AMAZING and very supportive. The collaboration of doctors and nurses is fantastic and always has the best interest of the patient at hand. The staff and patients became more like family over the years of working there. It was no longer a job but an enjoyment.
Pros
environment, managment, staff, doctors
Cons
leaving
Typical healthcare
RN (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 10, 2017
Typical healthcare facility fast paced always do more with less. Hard to get anything done so much always going on lots of moving parts. Patient care is good would be great if everyone in the nation would decrease patient to nurse ratios.
Benefits
Cons
Support from support departments
night shift
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 30, 2017
The hardest part of this job was that my boss would never let me changed my schedule, I worked every weekend and it was the night shift. I learned how to stay up thru out the night
Poor Staffing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 29, 2017
Unfair when it comes to taking time off because of staffing issues. Feels like the people in charge don't take your suggestions into consideration. Very unorganized when it comes to staffing the units. Always understaffed, overworked and under paid,
Job Summary
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, DENovember 6, 2017
Working for Bayhealth is good. The pay needs to improve and management needs to work better with taking care of their employees. The hardest part of this job is taking time off when needed.
Good Place to Work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Milford, DENovember 5, 2017
I enjoy working at Bayhealth, Milford Campus. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. It's a pretty good work environment. It can be extremely busy at times. The pay and benefits are good.
Productive and fun
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  601 South State StreetOctober 31, 2017
This is a great place to work and I would highly recommend this job to anyone. the work environment is fantastic and the people are friendly and eager to teach you new skills.
Pros
Friendly enviornment
It’s a nightmare
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 26, 2017
The management team is awful. No one ever stays because of something management has done to them. Other departments do not treat the lab with any respect. If you are trying to work here go anywhere except the lab because you will be miserable. I can say Bayhealth offers their employees some good benefits and perks.
It was nice.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 20, 2017
I worked catering so it was a little different than just coking hospital food. I worked events. In fact I miss working the big event every year called evening under the stars, a fundraiser in a tent outside under the stars with different themes. Good times.
Poorly Managed
Patient Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 17, 2017
If you just want a job and do not care then this is the place for you. Management is so bad and it is shame. Employees are not valued and it shows by the high turn over rate. The way employees are treated is horrible and people are afraid to say anything. You can not trust anyone with confidential information if you are having problems with employees. They will smile in your face and do nothing to help further your goals. The pay is very low and it is just not worth everything you go through. If you want to build a career, advice please work somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
low pay, poor management, unqualified staffing
Not enough staff support
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 13, 2017
Unfortunately Bay Health is hiring too many young, inexperienced RNs and over working the older ones who are still there.
They are forcing out the highly paid nurses in order to replace them with novice nurses. The patients are truly suffering from this shift in hiring at this institution.
Pros
not anymore
Cons
too many young inexperienced nurses
Great Job
Medical Surgical Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 8, 2017
I've been working at Bayhealth for over 5 years and I love every aspect of it. Bayhealth is a wonderful place to work with a family and community feel.
Med sure is great learning experience. But not for anyone with small children.
Charge Nurse for Orthopedic (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 6, 2017
I loved my job, but it was way to stressful. I was running around the entire day due to staffing or too many titles in my back. I would recommend working at Bayhealth right out of nursing school
Not enough help
nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 23, 2017
I am currently working here and I can say that I would never recommend this place. As a cna you are expected to be there for everyone but you rarely have that same support. Because units are understaffed it decreases the level of care we can offer patients. There are so many things expected of us that sometimes we have to compromise providing the care that patients deserve.
good place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  dover delSeptember 20, 2017
nice place to work very understanding and caring. hourly wages are good and the load of work is very steadily. bayhealth is a very comfort place to work
Pros
good hours
Cons
no advancement
Bayhealth Medical Center
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milford, DESeptember 15, 2017
At Bayhealth at Milford Memorial Hospital, I am an Exercise Physiologist. I work with all types of patients, but mainly the senior citizen population. I enjoy designing fitness programs, leading group fitness classes, fitness evaluations for new members, and helping members achieve their fitness goals. The hardest part of my job is staff coverage for the fitness floor. Sometimes we have to work longer hours to cover the floor due to health reasons, vacation time, or career advancement.
Pros
work with a different variety of patients, designing fitness programs, fitness evaluations
Cons
no opportunity for career advancement, poor management
Fast paced working environment, great collaboration with other departments.
RN (Current Employee) –  Milford, DESeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work, most days;)
As with any medical situation, there are good and bad days. For the most part, administration is supportive. Encourages re-reimbursed education. Magnate status.
high stress environment
Advance tech (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 12, 2017
high stress job and emotionally and physical demanding job this job is not for every one you have to make a major personal inventory to see if you fit on this job
job is stressful outpatient is always short and their management is horrible in that dept that's why they always hiring
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  dover deSeptember 11, 2017
i wouldnt go back if it was the last job on earth ..too many.chiefs and not enough indians. Always working short with no appreciation. Pay is awful for the work load
Cons
short low pay aweful management
Very Professional
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 6, 2017
Great medical center, wonderful team of professionals, beautiful facility, wonderful patient centered and patient safety organization, very extensive amount of services.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Small Hospital

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayhealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight