Baylor College of Medicine
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Baylor College of Medicine Employee Reviews

United States511 reviews
I feel like management could be a lot better. I don't like to be micromanaged, but I also don't like to have a boss that never responds to my e-mails. I only e-mail my boss once per month and it's so hard to get a response back sometimes.
Benefits are really good, and pay is decent.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Best institution ever. People are fantastic smart and dedicated Institution is well organized and mission-driven. Everyone feels part of the team Educational and research missions are inspiring
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of funds
Baylor is a great place to learn and grow. They have senior employees willing to train new comers. Management looks out for its employees. They want you to succeed in your scope of practice.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Many job duties
Initially my experience there was wonderful. Great environment with integrity, professionalism, supportive management, excellent co-workers, and communication. Over the years, those attributes grew to where I really loved my job. Then came new management and the department I was in took a turn for the worse. It was a series of management and employee turnover to the point where BCM could not replace staff with individuals having same qualities.The bar just kept dropping. Overall, I look back over my 28 year successful tenure with pride and joy, but am glad I left when I did.
Pros
Education
Cons
new management focus without regard to employee satisfaction
Very diverse research group and interesting collaborations. Pay is mediocre and management overly bureaucratic. This results in some frustrating situations with limited career options.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I followed a structured routine, attended staff meetings every week, and received feedback from supervisors on a daily basis. All staff members were friendly and helpful. I learned a lot from my supervisors.
Baylor College of Medicine is an exciting and professional place to be a part of. There are many learning activities and opportunities for all. The benefits are excellent with time allowed for continuing education. One is encouraged to attend the national conferences and present a poster or give an oral presentation. Baylor has some of the most highly rated physicians and scientists in the world. The atmosphere is very friendly. I enjoyed my time with Baylor College of Medicine very much.
Would have been a great opportunity if the finance / procurement management team in 2018 weren't so self absorbed. They didn't care about the team only how to keep their pockets growing. Especially Beth.
I have gained experience working in multiple systems such as SAP, Oracle, and PeopleSoft. The environment is very fast pace and take at least a year to learn.
I love the culture of this job. I miss it so much, unfortunate it was a temp position, but the almost year that I was there was so nice, fun, and accommodating. I am trying to get back there, I felt like they was my family.
Very supportive environment but without adequate effort it is easy to spiral down and be miserable. The environment is very competitive with peers being of great quality.
Their benefits package is phenomenal! The college is aware of internal processes and issues that need to be updated, and when I left, was proactive in attempting to correct the issues. Overall, my experience working for Baylor was excellent. I would recommend working for the college to anyone.
There is no advancement you have too work extra hard no raises It all depends on you and how you feel about self and your work ethicsYou would have to make your choice of where you would like your place of employment and make fun and advancement.Just make your choice work for you
No leadership or training. High turnover. Not respected or valued for all the contributions that were given. Not appreciated. Looked down upon because no formal education.
Ambiente de trabajo bueno lo recomiendo mucho ....
Many intelligent people here. Super diverse environment including people from across the globe. Access to top notch equipment. Location in the Texas Medical Center allows easy access to collaboration.
You will answer phone calls and help people with their doctor appointments, billing process and help them find the best doctor for their needs and you will also help with insurance to make surely they are cov
Baylor college of Medicine is a Great place to work and grow. Amazing administrative team and a dynamic scientific environment that boosts innovation and career development
Baylor is a great place to work. There are many opportunities to grow professionally. The dynamics of Baylor's culture is unique and very diverse. Each day is different but everyday you feel as if you are truly enhancing human health. The best part of working at Baylor is embracing the diverse culture.
Baylor might be alright to work for in other departments but do not apply fo any jobs in the Finance Department at all. The leadership is horrible! They allow award bad behavior and allow employees to harass and bully other employees in addition the environment is toxic. Unless you want medical issues from stress DO NOT apply for positions in the Finance Department.
Brilliant, supportive, and overall an organization that places the patient first! They lead the way when it comes to training our nations future physicians.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor College of Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight