Baylor College of Medicine Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
Everyone around the company are always wonderful to work and interact with. Everyone seems to be happy. Parking is very expensive and limited however there are a lot of bike racks and bus routes.
Fun place to work in.
CLINICAL STUDIES PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2018
Great and diverse environment, low stress. Great benefits and compensation. The institution does a great job to protect it's employees and offer the best healthcare possible.
Summary
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2018
I worked very hard at Baylor from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. most days. I learned a great deal about pancreatic cancer and I loved the work there. I worked for a surgeon and was expected to consent all patients for tissue collection prior to surgery. During surgery, I collected blood from patients and picked up surgeon specimens and took it to pathology. I was also expected to keep track of all details regarding patients. I also took notes regarding patients at meetings.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Working 12 hours almost every day.
Extremely disappointed in lack of recognition of efforts by management
Buyer I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2018
No further comments. Overall the company does not value it's employees to the extent that they should when an employee is exceeding expectations on all reviews.
Pros
Wrok Life Balance was good as well as flex schedule.
Cons
Compensation was extremely low.
Not a place for advancement
Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030October 10, 2018
This is not a place for advancement or promotions. Raises are few and far between. Easy place to work. Not very stressful most of the time. Management is fairly good to work for. Just don't expect any recognition for a good job done. Most of the people here are easy to work with. Baylor does not have a clear future financially. Budgets are getting hacked and raises are getting cut or none at all.
Enjoyable Fast Pace
Sr. Administrative Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2018
Bcm is one of the greatest places I've had the pleasure of working.

Management is generally concerned and always have the open door policy.

Training is always available and offers a great opportunity to learn or sharpen your skills.

Most departments have a family atmosphere. Bcm acknowledges staff by give events as a token of appreciation.
Pros
Staff, Management, Flexibility
Cons
Parking Rates
Bcm
Sr. Sponsored Programs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
I have been working BCM full time since March 2018 but have had employees and peers employed by BCM while I worked for Texas Children's over the last 15 years. BCM offers competitive benefits but not so much in terms of salary. We have a lot of staff move in and out of positions for significantly higher pay elswhere, with about an average 2-3 year tenure, sometimes shorter. The culture is embedded into Texas Children's Hospital so my environment is mixed, but overall the BCM and TCH affiliation provides a strong corporate culture and opportunity to advance within. The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to work remotely.
Pros
remote work
Productive, fun.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2018
Baylor College medicine is a high level institute in research and teaching, I like there and I had a good time there. I had been there for many years.
Good enviorment
Animal Care Attendant/Cagewash - CCM (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
-Cared for over 1100 researched mice cages
-Kept up with the research husbandry tasks and animal inventory.
-Sanitized thoroughly i.e. decons, filter change, air pressure flow etc.
-Communicated and kept a good rapport with researchers.
-Swept and mopped common corridors as well as my personal animal room.
Productive place to work
Patient Insurance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  2 Greenway Plaza Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Working at BCM is enjoyable place to work. The supervisor I have is a very laid back, straight forward person. A typical day would include answering calls, taking payments for procedures, verifying insurance and obtaining referrals. We work together to get it all completed. The hardest thing about my job would be obtaining referrals from outside doctors office. The most enjoyable thing would be talking to the patient's over the phone. I have learned many new things from my co-workers about EPIC. Just when you think you know the system, you learn something new.
Pros
Healthcare and 401
Expectations
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
You have to average 55 accounts per day. This will include sending out medical record , appeals and phone calls. They do have training material for you please read all. If you can't do 55 away please don't apply.
Pros
Can come in as early as 6 am
Cons
55 accounts
Horrible place to work
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
The management is poor. They have many retaliatory practices (inspite of non-retaliation policy), lot of discrimination. Feels like I was working in 1950s, without any rights.
Productive workplace
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Baylor College of Medicine was a productive workplace. One that includes job security/ opportunities for advancement. The overall culture of the organization is one that that’s universally followed.
HGSC Quick paced, low pay but good training
Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2018
A Day at BCM is stressful depending on your lab, you can learn a lot from your Lab but be ready to be subject to penny pinching. Management is indifferent about staff, workplace culture is aggressive, they favor keeping lab cost down on staff by capping pay and favoring visa personal. The best part of the job is taking your sick pay to rest since the stress contributes to poor health. Overall this place is a training hub for quick exposure and keep your feet moving.
Pros
Stressful enough to push you into change
Cons
Expensive TMC, parking, housing, lowpay
Stepping stone
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Baylor is a nice stepping stone because the name is known worldwide. Sadly, the company is a business and education hybrid, which causes weak management and poor salaries. I hope this will change in the future.
Very good
Observer, shadowing (Former Employee) –  Maher Nasser clinic of cardiologySeptember 3, 2018
I really like all staff. I am looking for more questionnaire. I have ever never hear about that great experience and beauty.
I'll recommend my friends
Pros
Cons
nothing really
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Pro Fee Coder (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2018
A typical day would be coding, abstracting, following-up on denials, querying physician's on ambiguous documentation, attending coding webinars, researching coding topics.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2018
Baylor College of Medicine is a fun place to work in. I work in a research facility and learned a lot of things that i know enhanced my skills.Baylor provides employees with necessary training to better serve their patients
Enjoyed the 13 years of working at Baylor College Of Medicine
Receptionist I, Opthalmology Division (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2018
Typical days were very busy,I learned to be productive in a fast pace environment,Management was very professional and very hands on,the workplace culture was pleasant,I cannot recall a hardest part of the job because there was a lot enjoyment to work there, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with caring people.
Pros
Professional and Fun experience
Cons
The Job satisfiction depends on the supervisor
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
How hard you might work its not a the matter if your supervisor is not happy then its all flaws. Not all departments are same. There are some department very vigilant but some are reluctant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor College of Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight