Baylor College of Medicine Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
The management is poor. They have many retaliatory practices (inspite of non-retaliation policy), lot of discrimination. Feels like I was working in 1950s, without any rights.
Productive workplace
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Baylor College of Medicine was a productive workplace. One that includes job security/ opportunities for advancement. The overall culture of the organization is one that that’s universally followed.
HGSC Quick paced, low pay but good training
Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2018
A Day at BCM is stressful depending on your lab, you can learn a lot from your Lab but be ready to be subject to penny pinching. Management is indifferent about staff, workplace culture is aggressive, they favor keeping lab cost down on staff by capping pay and favoring visa personal. The best part of the job is taking your sick pay to rest since the stress contributes to poor health. Overall this place is a training hub for quick exposure and keep your feet moving.
Pros
Stressful enough to push you into change
Cons
Expensive TMC, parking, housing, lowpay
Stepping stone
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Baylor is a nice stepping stone because the name is known worldwide. Sadly, the company is a business and education hybrid, which causes weak management and poor salaries. I hope this will change in the future.
Very good
Observer, shadowing (Former Employee) –  Maher Nasser clinic of cardiologySeptember 3, 2018
I really like all staff. I am looking for more questionnaire. I have ever never hear about that great experience and beauty.
I'll recommend my friends
Pros
Cons
nothing really
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Pro Fee Coder (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2018
A typical day would be coding, abstracting, following-up on denials, querying physician's on ambiguous documentation, attending coding webinars, researching coding topics.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2018
Baylor College of Medicine is a fun place to work in. I work in a research facility and learned a lot of things that i know enhanced my skills.Baylor provides employees with necessary training to better serve their patients
Enjoyed the 13 years of working at Baylor College Of Medicine
Receptionist I, Opthalmology Division (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2018
Typical days were very busy,I learned to be productive in a fast pace environment,Management was very professional and very hands on,the workplace culture was pleasant,I cannot recall a hardest part of the job because there was a lot enjoyment to work there, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with caring people.
Pros
Professional and Fun experience
Cons
The Job satisfiction depends on the supervisor
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
How hard you might work its not a the matter if your supervisor is not happy then its all flaws. Not all departments are same. There are some department very vigilant but some are reluctant.
Productive Call Center; Not so Productive Clinical Staff
Scheduler III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
Baylor clinical staff is horrible and do not care enough about their patients. The job and the benefits are great and the people in the resource center care for the patients the most.
Pros
Great benefits, hour lunch, & Pto
Cons
Mediocre Doctors and Nurses

Want to know more about Baylor College of Medicine?

Ask a question
Baylor College of Medicine
Administrative Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2018
As a non-clinical staff member, I love the benefits, work scheduled and leadership. I do wish there was a better hierarchy for career advancement in San Antonio.
Administrative Support Coordinator, I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030August 17, 2018
Wouldn't have left if I hadn't been getting married. Great place to work and great place to learn and grow. The pay isn't great for the cost of living in the area but its an educational institution so that was expected. Management was good and helpful in my department.
Pros
Management, hours
Cons
pay
The working environment depends on the lab you belong to.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
I worked there for 10 years. The first lab is not bad, everyone is friendly, I worked there for 8 years. But the second one is not good because of the micromanagement of the manager.
Pros
Good benefit and work/life balance.
Cons
Management needs improvement and salary is underpaid.
Very demanding job with a lot of brainwork
Scientific Programmer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
Very demanding job that requires a lot of thinking. At times it seemed a bit haphazard but that comes with any research project. The lead research investigator was a very kind person after many of us were told we would be laid off he came around to speak to each of us about our future options. Very genuine person who showed concern for his employees.
Good place to work and gain experience
Research Technician II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
Good place to work and gain experience. Manager is very nice and supportive. However, compensation is not equal to your experience, and not much room to grow
productive
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
excellent place to work but limited potential for growth and promotion.
co-workers are fun but also enjoy the work they do. Atmosphere is mostly positive.
Highly professional environemnt to work
Administrative Project Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
The leadership and management were really helpful and gave me the freedom to choose and work on the assignment that were of interest to me and contributed towards professional growth.
High Impact Scientific Environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
Balyor College of Medicine provides a high impact fast-paced research environment with outstanding core facilities to support biomedical research. The facilities are state-of-the art and the expertise is excellent.
Pros
high-impact science
Cons
lack of upward mobility
Very Educational Workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Very good place to obtain experience, possibly build a career. Physicians are great and make sure to communicate with their staff. Training is essential,once completed you will be expected to perform.
Never work in my department
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
The position I work in should pay more and let you grow with him the company instead of having to wait. They are quick to let you know you are doing work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor College of Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight