Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

not necommemmend
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2018
I do not recommended because the workplace culture there is not diverse and fair especially in management. Management tends to be biased in their opinions and not objective.
Good Management But Very Crowded
PHYSICAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 19, 2018
This was a great facility for mentorship, great for new grads, as long as you can handle a fast-paced, high stress environment. Lots of excellent therapists with varying expertise areas.

However, I would have to treat patients in the clinic hallways and sometimes perform standardized testing such as DGI and 6MWT in the halls of the hospital building. Also, the waiting room is very crowded and patients would have to stand in the hospital hallway outside the clinic during peak hours.
Pros
Great Management and Mentorship
Cons
Very fast paced and limited space for treatment.
May be my permanent job
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2018
I love pretty much everything with my job (BEST TEAMWORK AND WORKMATES) except the cost cutting that's evident in staffing problems. I also like the education opportunities (FREE ACLS, CPI, BLS RENEWALS) and benefits. Pay is lower compared to my other job. Advancement is possible however you need to be aggressive with it. Management from the higher ups is okay. Most charge nurses are awesome and caring, a few are just incompetent and more of a burden than help.
Caring people who care for people
Lead Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 7, 2018
I loved my co-workers and most management was sincere. A great group of professionals that had respect for one another and helped every patient that came in. The pay did not cover cost of living and there was no real advancement opportunities, otherwise I would have stayed.
One of the Best Places to Work!!!
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2018
I love all my co-workers during my days with Baylor Rehab, from the Guards to my CNO! We all worked together like a family (seriously!). The management was so supportive and appreciative. MDs are sincerely acting as co-equals, and most especially, patients are just darlings!
Pros
Enjoyable working environment
Cons
Gradual decline of patients
Team oriented depending on location
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2018
Its ok for someone just getting started in the field. There are perks however at the same time there always seem to have a string attached. Depending on location and region management can be dicey and cut throat.
Pros
Good stepping stone
Cons
Cut throat management
Productive, Fast Paced Environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 30, 2018
You check in and out patients, run reports, schedule appointments and maintain the schedule. You will verify insurance coverage and make sure the patients are aware of the type of coverage they are getting for therapy. You also interact with physicians offices to obtain information about the patient being seen at the clinic. Along with the interaction with physicians offices, you interact with Workers Compensation companies. Customer service is a huge thing. The patients are already in pain and may be short with you but you have know not to take it to heart. At this job you don't take your work home (at least I do not, technically and legally you shouldn't unless you're a therapist finishing notes). You will get your stuff done for the day and if you don't, don't stress you can get it done the next day.
fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Good place to work and gain experience, Wonderful team of people to work with. Baylor is a marvelous place to at and learn at the same time. The staffs treat you like a family
Pros
Good Supporting team
Bigger is Better
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2018
This is a place where it is big but with the teamwork you feel like you are part of a team and that you can advance at anytime you wish. Saying that they are like family is an understatement.
Great reputation in the community
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 1, 2017
The day usually stars with seeing who will be admitted and make sure we have enough staff for our patients.
The hardest part of the job for me was that I did not feel valued as a employee and they allowed some people to disrespect other employees. I did enjoy meeting with the referral sources and the patients out in the field.
Pros
salary
Cons
culture
Was supposed to be better than what it replaced, not so much
Workhorse (Former Employee) –  DFWFebruary 15, 2018
Overall, management was a joke who took advantage of one's generosity and hard work and never showed appreciation. The CEO was a class act that kept that hospital afloat. Wish it could of worked out
Pros
CEO of BRD
Cons
Select FNS
Poor Management
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2017
typical day is running morning reports and closing reports, 3 week training poor, poor management very unorganized, expectations are very high with poor salary rate. only positive part is working with positive coworkers
Pros
Free Lunches, Bonuses
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Training, Poor Communication
Been there three years
Rehab Aide Full Time (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 7, 2017
Three years and a little over a $1 raise...I feel so stupid. But I still love working there...almost everyone is nice. I guess that's why I have been here this long. But now I really need more money to survive. so I have to move on. Wish I got paid more :(
Workplace Culture
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Poor workplace environment. No accountability and lack of proper coaching or training. No teamwork. Management solely focuses on growth of money. Poor professionalism.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks.
Cons
Poor professionalism.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Enjoyed my employment. left only because as a Canadian my spouse could not obtain a SSN so my benefits for him were going to be cut off. Asked baylor to sponsor for green card but did not happen.
Loved Texas and would return.
Management can be a bit biased at rimes.
Pros
monday to friday employment
Cons
no green card sponsorship
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 9, 2017
Very busy days but the work load is not bad. You learn a lot about medical insurance. Company culture is very inclusive. The company is very friendly and it is easy and encouraged to ask for help.
Productive Fun workplace as well as educational, healing enviroment.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be verifying insurance, following up with referrals, scheduling patients, and entering data into the system.

I learned how the physical therpay said of care how it really benefits the patient and how it helps them get back into their day to day lives.

My co-workers were very exceptional they cared about their pateints it wasnt just about the job they took the time out to listen and underdtand whats going with the pateint. most of all they made it fun to be at work.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to always meet eveyone needs because their siutation. it was also hard having to battle with the insurane company's just to get our patients in for therapy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on the patients face and watching them go through the healing process, from start to finish.
Great job until major changes took place
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJanuary 9, 2015
This was a great place to work obviously, because I stayed for so long until being let go just short of 20 years due to a company wide decision to let all of the PTA's go in the outpatient facilities.. Everything was great until 2011 when there were major changes in the system. I felt then in my heart that someday soon I would lose my job, and I was right. The job had what I learned over the years to be fairly good benefits, including 401K, and continuing education. Being part of a large system had benefits such as being on top of all of the rules and regulations for Medicare and insurance, and PT rules and practices along with many other things that I could list that private practice wouldn't include. I just didn't realize it until it wasn't available anymore.
Benefits
Cons
getting laid off
Great work family
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 22, 2014
At Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation you get to see a lot of great people, weather it is co workers or patients. You learn that family is more than blood related. I have had the pleasure of working with a wonderful team, and I've watched how we all come together to care for each other as well as our patients. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is losing a patient, it's like you've lost a family memeber. I have enjoyed the patients and all of my coworkers. The management staff is the best I've had the pleasure of working with, they understand things not just as they have a business to run but also that I'm a single mom and I have a commitment to my child as well.
Could be awesome, but needs improvement!!!!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  BIR NWJune 25, 2014
NorthWest itself is a beautiful hospital. The nurses, therapists, and patients made it so rewarding to come to work. When you enjoy what you do,and you have great co-workers, what could go wrong??? Oh yeah...the rules (BIR Values) aren't meant for everyone. If Administration could learn to have fairer practice, it could still be an awesome place to work. Need more patients to keep Census fair, so employees can work and not get cancelled so frequently.
Pros
Helping People get back to being themselves.
Cons
Management needs improvement to go to next level of being the best in business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation Reviews by Location