Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Good place to work and gain experience, Wonderful team of people to work with. Baylor is a marvelous place to at and learn at the same time. The staffs treat you like a family
Pros
Good Supporting team
Bigger is Better
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2018
This is a place where it is big but with the teamwork you feel like you are part of a team and that you can advance at anytime you wish. Saying that they are like family is an understatement.
May be my permanent job
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2018
I love pretty much everything with my job (BEST TEAMWORK AND WORKMATES) except the cost cutting that's evident in staffing problems. I also like the education opportunities (FREE ACLS, CPI, BLS RENEWALS) and benefits. Pay is lower compared to my other job. Advancement is possible however you need to be aggressive with it. Management from the higher ups is okay. Most charge nurses are awesome and caring, a few are just incompetent and more of a burden than help.
Was supposed to be better than what it replaced, not so much
Workhorse (Former Employee) –  DFWFebruary 15, 2018
Overall, management was a joke who took advantage of one's generosity and hard work and never showed appreciation. The CEO was a class act that kept that hospital afloat. Wish it could of worked out
Pros
CEO of BRD
Cons
Select FNS
Workplace Culture
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Poor workplace environment. No accountability and lack of proper coaching or training. No teamwork. Management solely focuses on growth of money. Poor professionalism.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks.
Cons
Poor professionalism.
Productive, Fast Paced Environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 30, 2018
You check in and out patients, run reports, schedule appointments and maintain the schedule. You will verify insurance coverage and make sure the patients are aware of the type of coverage they are getting for therapy. You also interact with physicians offices to obtain information about the patient being seen at the clinic. Along with the interaction with physicians offices, you interact with Workers Compensation companies. Customer service is a huge thing. The patients are already in pain and may be short with you but you have know not to take it to heart. At this job you don't take your work home (at least I do not, technically and legally you shouldn't unless you're a therapist finishing notes). You will get your stuff done for the day and if you don't, don't stress you can get it done the next day.
Very relaxed , and fun
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoy working for Baylor. They change my hours form daytime to evening and weekends. I like having my weekends off. I need evening off to do things with my grandkids.
Baylor
PATIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2017
Baylor was a great company to work for, friendly people
working in physical therapy, verifying insurance, and collecting copayments. You meet a lot of different people
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 9, 2017
Very busy days but the work load is not bad. You learn a lot about medical insurance. Company culture is very inclusive. The company is very friendly and it is easy and encouraged to ask for help.
Great reputation in the community
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 1, 2017
The day usually stars with seeing who will be admitted and make sure we have enough staff for our patients.
The hardest part of the job for me was that I did not feel valued as a employee and they allowed some people to disrespect other employees. I did enjoy meeting with the referral sources and the patients out in the field.
Pros
salary
Cons
culture
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2017
Great place to work. Good supervisor challenging exciting and a great place to learn new skills. They are rank high in rehab aervices. They asdist. Patients with spinal cord injuries brain trauma and stroke
Been there three years
Rehab Aide Full Time (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 7, 2017
Three years and a little over a $1 raise...I feel so stupid. But I still love working there...almost everyone is nice. I guess that's why I have been here this long. But now I really need more money to survive. so I have to move on. Wish I got paid more :(
Poor Management
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2017
typical day is running morning reports and closing reports, 3 week training poor, poor management very unorganized, expectations are very high with poor salary rate. only positive part is working with positive coworkers
Pros
Free Lunches, Bonuses
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Training, Poor Communication
Na
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 19, 2017
The work environment has been nothing but supportive in growth and doing a good job. Getting to meet the different types of patients and the people I work with make you feel more like family then just a co-worker.
Former employee rehab tech
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2017
Not a good place to work there is racism and bullying present here at select specialty. They have their favorite picks and even the manager co-signs with gossip and foolish behaviors. I have witness fights and arguments with the Nurses and other staff members. I had to leave because I could not take the abuse of co-worker or management. They have let some patients almost die because of neglected practice.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Patient centered atmosphere and team work from all employees. Provides great training for new employees as well as PRN and even carves out time during the day to complete.
outpatient clinic
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  TXDecember 6, 2016
I am very disappointed with merging with Select everything change after merging. They only worry about productivity and money gain. (quantity vs quality) Threaten therapist to see more patient if not they fire you.
Great Staff; Great Support
Physical Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 24, 2016
The staff was extremely supportive and helpful. They were always willing to provide assistance with patients and to engage in conversations about clinical reasoning for diagnoses and interventions. Mangement was clear and upfront about expectations and needs of the organization.
Great learning environment, and awesome staff
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2016
First., job i had. this is a wonderful place to work, and learn. the doctors, and nursing that are the best. Best company.
Pros
everything is great
Baylor Rehab
Receptionist/Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2015
It is a great company to work for, they really care about their employees. The downside of being PRN is you don't get the hours you necessarily need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation Reviews by Location