Baylor Scott & White Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,018 reviews matching the search See all 2,032 reviews
Featured review
Baylor Scott & White Health selected this as a representative review
An atmosphere of support and teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2017
I moved to TX from NY to work for BSW - Irving. A typical day here is fast paced and challenging. Its a place I look forward to going three days a week. My manager, co-workers and I make a wonderful team. My manager and supervisors climb in to the trenches with us. They answer call lights and empty bed pans. There is always a feeling of being valued, a place you feel at home. I have to say that we are a floor that prides ourself on our patient care. We work hard to bring a personal touch to a tough situation. I have learned that serving others and treating them with respect and dignity, can turn a negative situation into a positive one. Treating others as if they are a part of my family makes our environment one of the best. Our floor has received a national aware of excellence and we are very proud of that accomplishment. The hardest part of my job is the occasional loss of a patient. My most enjoyable part of my job is serving my patient and ensuring they receive the best care possible.
Pros
lots of fun events that creates a feeling of belonging and well being.
Cons
Generally a good company to work for
Credit Balance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2018
I currently work remote out of my home. I am ready to go back out into the work world
Baylor has taught me to become a more proficient employee
Baylor has a good management staff
I am grateful that I manage to meet & exceed my daily productivity
Pros
Flex hours
Enjoyable
FRONT OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 17, 2018
The department I worked in was pretty busy but it was fun to part of the healing process of our patients. I started out as a tech and I did like it at first but my coworkers made my learning process fun. Before I left I was promoted to Front Office Clerk and that made me realized that I can accomplish anything for a high school graduate.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Customer Service Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2018
Very Micro managed. Please review other hospitals before you apply here. This is a revolving door. Everyone that comes in is not happy with management.
Very busy and steady duties
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for baylor, I enjoyed helping people,being a listening ear, and encouraging them that everything would be alright. I enjoyed helping my teamamtes out when they fell behind. My typical work day consisted of me registering patients for their particular procedure, very their demographics and making any changes where need be, directing them to their correct area for their procedure and collecting co-pays,deductibles or oop.
Very Productive
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 14, 2018
We were to set up the OR suites to prepare for patient surgery. We would have to maintain instrumentation sterility. The management would micromanage everyone to ensure proper placement.
good and bad
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 14, 2018
Great Doctors and nurses. Would come back as a patient. Great work being done here, but employees hospital wide seem unhappy. People are being stretched too thin and asked to do the job of 2-3 people.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
pay is not competitive, financially unstable
Credit Balance Dept is horrible
Credit Balance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2018
The credit balance dept manager needs classes on how to be a manager. They want you to overwork yourself but will not pay you for what your work is worth. You get penny raises and no one acknowledges all your hard work.
Great Place to Work
Full Time PCT/Nights/Orthopedics & Wound Care (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 13, 2018
I love compassionate patient care and learned a lot about how to listen to patients' needs verbally, by body language (whether they were in pain), trying to forward the time-frames for medications, or were truly suffering. I also enjoyed just spending time with those that had no family and if it wasn't slow I would get to know them or watch movies with them (for short periods), check on them during allotted vital time-frames, and let those that needed rest from severe pain, rest. I also went out of my way to help patients who were in need of clothing that were transferring to rehabilitation units.
Pros
Everyone I worked with
Cons
Misunderstandings sometimes across cultural lines.
Poor Management.
Security Analyst 3 - Info Security & Risk Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 10, 2018
Poor Management - Managers were Fired (with forensic proof) and yet Rehired within weeks.
Poor Management - Managers shared personnel's information with employees.
My Manager personally hired eight people, who all proceeded to leave BSWH. Upper Management did not take action on this.
HR person singled out employee and imposed sanctions outside their purview.

Some IT departments were offered two days work from home. This was manager dependent. Seemingly this was not fair to the employees whose manager didn't allow work from home days.
Pros
Free requital Coffee
Travel arrangements
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 9, 2018
Was responsible for travel arrangements for outside doctors who wanted to work at Scott and White. Have to make an itinerary with what was plan for the day for the doctor and their families. Did coding for doctors
Baylor is a fair employer.
Radiology Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXAugust 9, 2018
i have worked at Baylor for 11years, i have learned alot of skills throughout the years. Each department i have worked in was a great experience. My director is a great person.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
not enough praise
Productive and Fun place to work
Registered Nurse, Clinical Decision Unit (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2018
Very fast paced, challenging, not enough staffing, however great team who helps you in your busy day. You are always feel valued and felt like a home by your co-workers.
would work for them again
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 8, 2018
huddles when coming on duty were a waste of time.
learned that we were always short staffed
enjoyed my coworkers
working with minimal staff, no help
coworkers and the patient's
Productive work place with some great people
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 8, 2018
I loved the people I worked with and my position that I had and my job duties. I don't like what happened towards the end of my time with the company. But overall the most of the people were great and the job itself.
Patient Services Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXAugust 6, 2018
This is a great company to work for but the pay is not very good. The benefits are expensive for single parent families. Otherwise, company culture is awesome and the staff are all friendly and knowledgeable.
Busy work place
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2018
Its an ok hospital to work at to serve the community. The Company Had good benefits and the staff was fun to work with. The company had a main hospital and a woman's center And they also had good doctors for the GYN department.
Great place to work at
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  TampleAugust 6, 2018
Really enjoy the work atmosphere and the experience. Co-workers are great and everyone is helpful. The benefits are better than any other companies in the area.
Great Company to work for, and fantastic coworkers
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 4, 2018
Caring environment, great place to be employed. I have come to love and trust this group of providers, both as a provider and a pt.
The computer system (epic) makes it easy to take great care of pts
Not too bad
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 4, 2018
This was not a bad place to work. They do have a small issue with paying their workers less than most hospitals but offer a good set of hours and decent pay.
Decent Workplace
Laboratory Technician III (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 3, 2018
I do not have problems with my boss, but the surrounding departments are dysfunctional at best and it is the fault of the management and leadership. I like my job, but I am seeking higher employment from my current college job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Scott & White Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight