Baylor Scott & White Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,101 reviews matching the search See all 2,115 reviews
Awesome
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 21, 2018
Scott and White is an amazing company to work for. They have good wages and awesome benefits. It just very hard to advance in you career which is shocking because its healthcare.
Pros
pto, benefits, hourly wage
Cons
long hours, no career advancement
Caring for the patients at this specialty clinic was very rewarding and that outweighed any frustrations there was on a daily basis.
Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXOctober 19, 2018
A typical day consisted of seeing patients and assisting in procedures with the doctors. I got to experience so many different specialties because for a while I was a float nurse.
The workplace culture was one of irritation and confusion because of management that did not seem to have good communication and a terrible lack of understanding of how each specialty needed to run. The hiring process was extremely long and drawn out and there were times that months passed with a need unmet because it took so long to get someone hired.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the patient interaction.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
lack of preparation and competent management
Employees are the ones hurting
Electronic Health Record Trainer, EPIC CTX (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 18, 2018
The job can be fulfilling but management has very little knowledge of the magnitude of stress some of the trainers go through. Most are overworked and nothing is being done about it.
great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 17, 2018
great place to work, I worked there over year , I loved the environment and all my co workers were amazing, the patients were great, a good place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 14, 2018
Great place to work everyday. Very pleased with this employer. Well respected by colleagues, and there are not many leaders that do not respect the staff. Again, very pleased with this employer.
Pros
Work environment, coworkers
Cons
Paid time off is only available if you have the time saved up.
well organized; awesome place to work
Nutrition Services/Host (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 14, 2018
Working at Baylor Scott and White Health was one of the best choices I have ever made in life. The work environment was enjoyable. Management was well organized and they were very accommodating.
Bad management
Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2018
The workplace environment was very hard. Our manager was fighting with Doctors and staff members. there was 4 of us that left our jobs.
I loved Baylor and my co-workers I also really enjoyed the physicians I worked with.Just not the situation I was placed in.
Rewarding work that benefits the community
Medical/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2018
This healthcare system delivers high-quality patient care. Its reputation in North and Central Texas is respectable. Employees invest in their careers here, and that is displayed in the high-quality care that patients receive.
a very busy place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 12, 2018
a very busy place to work but most of people work there are very nice.
As a nurse, there are tons of position available in Scott & White and can have a lot of career development opportunities.
For now job, but not long term
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 12, 2018
The good side to working in the warehouse for baylor Scott and White is you get Friday and Saturday off, but you won't get off until 3/4 in the morning on Friday so you really only have a day and a half off.They started me off at 11.50 and nine months later I was still at 11.50. Where was my 6 months raise? Spent a month putting in for other jobs at the hospital no response and managers try to keep you just being a work horse. Not a job if your looking for advancement or even to transfer out of the warehouse eventually
Pros
Friday and Saturday off
Cons
Pay, management and advancement
wonderful place to work; excellent benefits
Day Surgery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 11, 2018
Excellent environment to work. The people and staff were very friendly; everyone were willing to make eye contact and lead patients where they needed to go. Everyone in the department where I worked worked well together. We got the job done and kept a positive attitude. We worked well as a team.
Pros
we worked very well together
Cons
staff was short in the evening
Well respected health care system
Writing consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2018
Baylor Scott and White provides an opportunity for me to assist others with research proposals and writing for publication. As an independent consultant, I am not eligible for benefits and other programs listed in the questionnaire.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Rapid growth and re-direction
Great Place, Poor Management
PATIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 11, 2018
Management was HORRIBLE! Would purposely cause stress. Not sure about other departments but Gastroenterology in Temple, TX....a whole mess. Filed multiple harassment complaints yet no follow-ups.
It can be better
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2018
It depends on what department you work for. Baylor has went down. They are constantly changing the rules. Only certain rules contain to certain people
Great Hospital
Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 9, 2018
Overall I love this hospital so far I have been here almost 2 years, working with new patients all the time is great. Making the patients feel better is a great feeling.
Cons
No breaks, Military leave is a difficult process with no pay.
Professional and accepting environment
Lead Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 9, 2018
Baylor Scott and White contributed to my growth as a chaplain through the support provided through regular team meetings to provide the best patient care taking into account the whole person of mind, body and spirit.

Management were involved in daily interactions with the staff. The CEO kept all staff informed of vision casting and updates by holding quarterly meetings.

Workplace culture is rated five star due to the high professional mind set of each staff hired. They get involved with the community through donations and support in fundraising. Team work is effective and active everyday.

The hardest part yet enjoyable part of being a chaplain is coming alongside the patients, family and staff to support in times of celebration as well as times of illness and death. The satisfaction is found in knowing I did my best each day.
Pros
Great team players, rewarded for doing your best, management is visible and encouraging
Cons
Saying goodbye to team players who choose to move on.
Great employee relationships
LEAD NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 9, 2018
A typical work day usually has a full schedule and many add on patients through out the day.It is a fast paced environment to work in. Management is open to changes and concerns; however the answer you will always hear is give me more time. Change is very slow to come around if it comes around at all. The work place culture is the best part. I will say that all the employees are friendly and patient care driven. The people I worked with were simply amazing. Everyone talks to each other and works together across all departments. I would say that the hardest part of the job was not having enough employees to handle large patient loads.
Pros
great staff that work seamlessly to take care of the patient
Cons
can be over whelming with the number of patients scheduled and not enough staff to cover
Hostile work environment
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TexasOctober 6, 2018
Many hostile people work in the lab.
Management pretends they care about your issue then blow it off or they turn around and tell everyone else what you said.
Major favoritism. Team leads and trainers can do no wrong.
They will not accept new people, it's like a giant clique.
Benefits
Great place to work!
Pre-admit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 6, 2018
Great place to work with great management. I have enjoyed working at BSWH. I would really like to continue to work there but will be moving and cannot afford to spend 4 hours a day driving to and from work.
Closed and hostile work environment
LVN (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXOctober 5, 2018
BS&W Marble Falls was an unpleasant atmosphere. Management not involved with staff. A certain few staff members 'manage' the clinic. If one of the certain few have a friend they want hired, they will make your workplace so hostile with their constant harassment and bullying. They were unable to find errors in my patient care, so they finally forced me to give my notice.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Scott & White Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight