Baylor Scott & White Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,451 reviews matching the search See all 2,466 reviews
Great place to work with great benefits but they don't do anything to stop bullying
Inpatient Transition Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 11, 2018
A typical day at work is never the same. I enjoy the variety. I learned that HR is there to protect the company at all cost and they don't correct bullying from Directors.
Pros
Free day of PTO after donating blood 4 times, laid back culture (except director level and up) Coworkers are awesome
Cons
They preach "no bullying" but when it is reported, nothing is done.
Some great people
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
When you have the great people to work with everything is smoothly. But their is some pleople that will drive you crazy . low pay aswell. Very cheap place at times and come on its baylor .
Fast-paced culture with multi faceted responsibility
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
Caring, yet overloaded, department with issues in maintaining morale and an environment that made people want to be there. Most of the team I worked with loved their jobs, and how they had affect in helping people, but were unhappy with the workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing that what you did made an impact on a patient or somehow made a difficult time easier.
Fast Paced Patient Centered
Guest Services/ Concierge (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 9, 2018
This hospital has a commitment to its patients and its employees which is evident by the leadership in place. My role gave me the opportunity to impact patient satisfaction everyday.
Great Place to Work
Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 8, 2018
I have worked in the field for more than a decade. My present experience with BSWH has been great! Good salary, good management, good technology, etc.
Pros
Integrated levels of management, interested in the well being of staff as well as patients.
Cons
As with any large organization, there tends to be information silos and technical difficulties. Otherwise, the company is great.
No comment
Surgical First Assist/Surgical coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 7, 2018
No comment last few months of employment was not fun. Money issues that's all I can say other than that a great place to work but I also loved what I did I was good at it surgery is my thing.
Just not a good fit for me.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 5, 2018
Baylor Scott & White in College Station Texas was not a good fit for me my manager was cutthroat played favorites and was intimidated by several employees. She overall was just not fair but once again that's my opinion I did see her treat others great I seen her treat others worse just wasn't a good fit for me. Pay wasn't that great the hours we had seem to change often to work around another employee that was one of the managers favorites.
Pros
Was near my home
Cons
Too many, but just my opinion.
bad management
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 5, 2018
Prevented me from moving from PSS to a CMA after they put me through school. I have been told this has happened many times. Managers will find a way to keep someone from moving on if they don't want them to leave that department.
large hospital system
Registered Nurse /Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 5, 2018
They are a very large healthcare network with a lot of opportunity for advancement and the ability to change positions every 6 months. This also comes with the drawbacks of working for such a large employer.
Pros
self scheduling, benefits
Cons
employee parking uncovered and far away
great place to work
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 2, 2018
The work culture was very friendly and it was nice being a part of a larger team where the ent ire hospital functioned as one enormous organism. It was a neat experience working on a CDC study.
Pros
good hours and great pay
Cons
the study was slow paced at times
Managerial style can greatly impact the working environment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2018
People around you are generally kind. Safety is always a priority. Hardest part of the job is getting your input on your job duties taken into consideration. Most enjoyable part of the job is the relaxed environment with your coworkers.
Great management and team
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 30, 2018
Great management and team, various team activities during holidays. Great teamwork, no negativities, always work focused and dedication to providing patients with the best imaging results possible.
Awesome place to work
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 29, 2018
I love working at Baylor! The employees work together for the good of the patient to make sure they have all their needs meet. I like the family feel environment.
Great co-workers
Epic Credentialed Software Trainer (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXNovember 29, 2018
I learned so much while working as an Epic trainer. I loved training employees on our software. I enjoyed the students and I made great long term friendships with many of my co-workers in various locations throughout Baylor Scott & White. The hardest part of my job was traveling to the different locations to provide training. Often I was required to be out of town for a week at a time training a class. This was hard on my family as I had an elementary aged child at that time. Overall, my experience at Baylor Scott & White was very positive.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Out of town travel
Great opportunity to help patients and caregivers.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 28, 2018
I scheduled appointments for the Neurology Department. My main job was scheduling appointments in the neurology lab for seizure and nerve disorders. I also validated and obtained pre-approval from Insurance companies for necessary testing.
Pros
Opportunity to help others. Great Benefits.
Cons
Pay could be better.
Community Hospital
RN, BSN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 27, 2018
BSW McKinney is a small but growing community hospital. I always worked in the ICU during my 4yr+ working there. This facility sometimes has extremely sick pt's but mostly has garden variety medical ICU cases. The physicians are friendly and approachable. Management is generally open to suggestions. More attention could be brought to employee retention.
Fun place to work.
Unit secretary and Access Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2018
Best healthcare company to work for in dallas. Moving around in departments is easy and that helped me grow...A LOT!! They also provide free training and certifications.
Pros
Worked 3-4 days/ week. supervisor allowed us to make our own schedules.
Cons
Working in a hospital is stressful.
Good Company - poor management
Contact Center Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 27, 2018
The company itself is a great place to work and each department is different but the call center management is poorly organized and uncaring of its employees.
Incredible learning experience
Nurse Manager II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2018
Top notch medical facility with tremendous opportunities for the novice and the experienced RN.

Teaching and research facility; everyday brings something new to the frontline nurse.
Manager/ Director (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXNovember 27, 2018
Strong local management, but not good at communication from the corporate offices.
Corporate not good at informing senior leadership of its plan for facilities.
Pros
mentoring
Cons
work hours, like of life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Scott & White Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight