Play YouTube video button

Baylor Scott & White Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,520 reviews matching the search See all 2,538 reviews
Featured review
Baylor Scott & White Health selected this as a representative review
An atmosphere of support and teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2017
I moved to TX from NY to work for BSW - Irving. A typical day here is fast paced and challenging. Its a place I look forward to going three days a week. My manager, co-workers and I make a wonderful team. My manager and supervisors climb in to the trenches with us. They answer call lights and empty bed pans. There is always a feeling of being valued, a place you feel at home. I have to say that we are a floor that prides ourself on our patient care. We work hard to bring a personal touch to a tough situation. I have learned that serving others and treating them with respect and dignity, can turn a negative situation into a positive one. Treating others as if they are a part of my family makes our environment one of the best. Our floor has received a national aware of excellence and we are very proud of that accomplishment. The hardest part of my job is the occasional loss of a patient. My most enjoyable part of my job is serving my patient and ensuring they receive the best care possible.
Pros
lots of fun events that creates a feeling of belonging and well being.
Rn
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 18, 2019
I enjoyed working for Baylor Scott and White. The facility itself is very nice and modern compared to other local facilities. Management turnover was very high for my time at Baylor but otherwise I would recommend it to other RNs.
Pros
Fantastic facility
Cons
Patient to Nurse ratio
productive and fun place to work
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 18, 2019
people were very happy and appreciative. Management always back up employees. Doctors were very knowledgeable. Patients were not rude. They were patient.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
the salary can be more
Think twice before working here
Mammography Nurse Clinician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 16, 2019
A typical day at work was never the same. I enjoyed the variety & my patients. I learned HR & Corporate Compliance is there to protect the company at all cost not the employees. They don't correct bullying from Management. Hardest part of the job was being assigned tasks but not given proper training or tools to complete it.
Pros
Benefits, Education opputinites
Cons
Low morale due to poor leadership
productive and very good place to learn my job and advance my career
Coding Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 16, 2019
I worked at Baylor in Grapevine from 2001 to January 2006 and the position was discontinued due to restructuring in the company. I enjoyed each day and learned a lot of good things and had an awesome supervisor.
Pros
I was able to work a flexible schedule, had a great office staff to work with.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Learn a lot. Good working experience. patient care first, family values, team work, pleasant working condition. Good management, lots of other opportunities to grow.
Access Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2019
Being the first job to ever work. Baylor was like a home for me . Given the opportunity for advancement to new positions. Interacting with the employees and administrators , The knowledge, l received while working at Baylor Scott and White has helped in transforming my life. But, leaving was a large turning point in my life.
Pros
Chance advsncemrnts snd growth
Cons
Leaving
Productive fun place to work
TRANSPORTER/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Family company very friendly with family if you need to leave
The people or real nice to one of nother willing to help you if you needed always asking if you need help manger always Asking how can I help with anything are what you are missing
Pros
Discount
Cons
food sucks
Sufficient Financial Compenstation
Appeals and Grievances Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 11, 2019
I received poor job training but was held accountable to standards not equal to other employees. I don't think it was due to the overall company of Scott and White but more due to poor management. I received very little job training support and sufficient job support.
Fasted Paced
Team Lead, Patient Transportation (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 10, 2019
If you enjoy a fast paced environment and have good communication skills to deal with patients 1 on 1, then this is a great job to have. Most jobs have room for advancement.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
24 hours/holidays
Great Place to Work
Educator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 10, 2019
It is a great place to work, with some really wonderful people. I recommended whole heartedly. Employees and Staff want to make a difference and help patients.
Productive, team based, client centered work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Overall, a good place to be employed. Needed more staffing. Newly named Magnet status. Good team work in the area I worked. I enjoyed my coworkers work ethic.
Another stepping stone towards greatness.
Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Looked to continue the upward path of Healthcare knowledge and further my growth and development. The most enjoyable part of the daily routine with the interaction with co-workers, creating synergy and provide the optimal service to the patient.
Pros
Synergy
Cons
Benefits not so great
The culture of suburban hospitals not aligned with legacy BUMC
Director of Perioperative Services (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 4, 2019
The hardest obstacle to overcome is growth within the organization. The mission and values live true and strong at BUMC; however, proofessional growth is limited. There are growth opportunities at the suburban hospitals; however, they are not as closely aligned with the mission and values of the legacy facility BUMC.
The people that work at Baylor are phenomenal. However, the lack of incentives and morale is low.
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2019
I love my actual job and what I do as a NICU RN. However, most incentives have been taken away, we have mandatory on-call requirements, and the list for “day-shift” is a 5-8 year wait.
Pros
Autonomy, awesome nursing staff/teamwork
Cons
Low morale, poor incentives
Toxic Environment
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple, TX 76504February 2, 2019
Its not a great environment to work in, it’s stressful, HIPPA violations, managers talking about other managers, etc. The turnover rate with employees is a given in food service but the turnover rate with leadership is ridiculous. The managers don’t work as a cohesive unit and work against you to make you fail. Employees are kept even though they should be terminated, overall it’s bad...would not recommend.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Short breaks, stressful, mentally draining
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 1, 2019
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Carrollton was founded in 2009 and is a full-service, fully accredited not-for-profit hospital serving residents in Carrollton, Lewisville, The Colony, Farmers Branch, Flower Mound and the surrounding communities. Focused on being the best place to give and receive safe, quality, compassionate healthcare, Baylor Scott & White – Carrollton works to lead the transformation of healthcare.
Pros
To be entered
Cons
To be entered
Ok
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Seeking to get promoted but management cant seem to fill other positions so I can go up the ladder, been waiting since November 2018, its now the end of January 2019.. how much longer??
Workplace culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2019
The culture of the workplace is very cordial. Staff and colleagues are friendly, helpful, family oriented and share special comraderies. The location is centralized.
Poor management
Medication Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 27, 2019
The hours are great. Most of my team gets along really well despite being constantly undermined by a boss that’s looking out for her own job security. The money isnt bad but it’s not worth all the drama. The manager blatantly lies to the team. She’s a mid level pencil pusher with a superiority complex.
Every team/manager is different within Baylor Scott & White. Hopefully if you work here, you’ll have a better manager. Couldn’t get much worse.
Pros
Hours 8-5 Monday-Friday
Cons
Insurance is ok, but not great. Manager will throw anyone under the bus if it will help her.
Work plave
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 25, 2019
Worked for a couple years it was a good work place the pay wasn’t all that they make us work a lot and not get paid enough I started working there in 2014 @10.00 five years later ended at 12.46 not a lot of good pay or raises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Scott & White Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight