Baylor Scott & White Health Culture reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 483 reviews matching the search See all 1,986 reviews
Featured review
Baylor Scott & White Health selected this as a representative review
An atmosphere of support and teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2017
I moved to TX from NY to work for BSW - Irving. A typical day here is fast paced and challenging. Its a place I look forward to going three days a week. My manager, co-workers and I make a wonderful team. My manager and supervisors climb in to the trenches with us. They answer call lights and empty bed pans. There is always a feeling of being valued, a place you feel at home. I have to say that we are a floor that prides ourself on our patient care. We work hard to bring a personal touch to a tough situation. I have learned that serving others and treating them with respect and dignity, can turn a negative situation into a positive one. Treating others as if they are a part of my family makes our environment one of the best. Our floor has received a national aware of excellence and we are very proud of that accomplishment. The hardest part of my job is the occasional loss of a patient. My most enjoyable part of my job is serving my patient and ensuring they receive the best care possible.
Pros
lots of fun events that creates a feeling of belonging and well being.
great place to work
CHARGE NURSE AND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work but did not promote from within. I loved the staff I worked with while being a house supervisor. After completing my BSN it was hard to advance in the company.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no advancement
horrible
provider (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 14, 2018
i would not recommend working here. very old boy network. backstabbing, and lack of loyalty to providers. not much room for advancement, unless you know someone.
Pros
decent pay, close to home, learn new things
Cons
backstabbing culture which is encouraged. no loyalty to providers. unhealthy
Radiologic Technologist
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 8, 2018
Lots of portables on evening shift in the ED and on the floor. C-arm for surgeries that are added on and emergent cases. Some late afternoon fluoro cases. Management is okay. Culture is all about making sure the employees and patients are treated with respect.
Pros
Opportunity to work with great coworkers
Cons
Shift change
Department Snack attack station
Systems Analyst I- ServiceNow (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2018
A great company to work for and great people to work with. We were able to work at our own pace with minimal micromanagement. Managers were available if we had any questions.
Pros
Great team
Excellent place to work, but very busy ER
RN (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJune 26, 2018
The management team is outstanding. They listen to your needs and they care about employee satisfaction. They value employee retention but hold each person accountable for their duties and responsibilities which helps the hospital to run smoothly.
Pros
Great working environment, great management
Cons
low pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 25, 2018
Baylor Scott and White is a great place to work and I love the people I work with. I have gained great experience while working in this facility. Highly recommended.
Tray Passer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 25, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly environment amongst staff. Teamwork highly encouraged. Good work hours. Great tasting food. Cleanliness was very important.
love to work here
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 20, 2018
supportive staff and management. culturally dynamic place to work. The hardest part of the job is to leave from here and go to another place. Would like to continue to work at Baylor if have a choice.
Good staff and service, poor management
Clinic Manager - Internal Medicine Operations (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 12, 2018
Workplace culture was not very team oriented. Upper support staff were unsupportive micromanagers. Staff worked well together and were seldom celebrated.
Pros
The opportunity to serve others
Cons
lack of honesty from upper management
Fun working place
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2018
Very good co-workers management staff was great love working in the morning times had a lot of family members that works great place to work coworkers nice and patient are great very nice place
Pros
Pay holidays
Cons
You have enough staff
Denial Resource Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2018
Baylor is a great place to work. Direct management and upper management is available to the staff with an open door policy. The Baylor culture is about working as a team.
Great Culture
Billing and Collections Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
It is a great culture but the benefits and compensation could be better. It is hard to advance. If you choose to move around in the company they consider many of the moves as lateral. Also we should have to pay as much as we do for benefits. Also HTPN polices are a lot different for most companies.
Great Culture
Patient Access Associate I (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 7, 2018
The culture was great. I ate lunch with the higher ups. Felt as though issues, new ideas were addressed immediately and taken seriously. Had the ability to cross train in other areas.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
sometimes long hours
Assembing,sterilisaton,cleanand/disinfect of instr.
sterille processing tech 11 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2018
.maintenance and care of instruments ,sterilization .assemlying and performing duties according to the scope of practice design by the facility .A typical day may have 100 cases which may be very challenging but we always pull through as a team. a very hard working and friendly team.is like a family ,and a Christ base work place culture.this is what makes it enjoyable. management is excellent.
Temp/Contract
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2018
Not a conducive work environment for the type of services being rendered.
The culture is geared toward turning over calls, rather than providing one call resolutions to clients and/or members.
The workplace culture
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 31, 2018
The workplace culture is good. Everyone knows everyone. You can see employees smiling in the hallways which represents the positive working environment. The management is horizontal. Leaders are part of our everyday discussions and decisions.
Cath Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Lakeway, TXMay 29, 2018
Great work/life balance and the job is great. Maintaining staff has been a challenge but that is being addressed. I work with great staff and management as well.
Productiveness
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 29, 2018
Offering caring and compassion. Culture of our work place is acceptional. Hardest/worst part of job is the PAY. BEST part is caring for all patients!!
Pros
great hours, great co-workers working together as a team
Cons
Very low pay
healthy work enviorment
Insurance Verification Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 23, 2018
Self motivation, along with a production quota. I work from home so i can not give you a current workplace culture. Because I work from home was able to have somewhat flexable hours with approval.
Pros
2 breaks, 30 min lunch.
Cons
30 min lunch.
Could Do Better
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 15, 2018
It is about who you know in order to advance with this company. Vacation policy is terrible and the pay is not competitive with the rest of the employment community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Scott & White Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight