Baylor Scott & White Health Culture reviews

Found 533 reviews matching the search See all 2,153 reviews
I enjoy Labor and Delivery. Coworkers are fun to work with and make a great team!
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 12, 2018
This hospital is overall good to work for. The benefits are nice and the clientele are nice. I enjoy the teamwork we have at this time and am glad to work days.
Productive and friendly work environment
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2018
Although a hospital is certainly a busy work environment, every employee is easy to work with and the culture is very friendly. Baylor Scott and White is very loyal to its employees.
I enjoyed working at Baylor
Unit Secretary-ER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2018
I worked in the ER as a Unit Sec.12 hour shift 7 days on 7 days off. A typical day in the ER is what ever came in the door. The work culture was very good because we all work together.
Pros
A very good place to work
Cons
BSWH Recognizes it's employees every year.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2018
Very Productive and Culture Friendly
I have have learned just about every realm of Healthcare:(tele,neuro,ob/gyn,med surg).
The Management is Open Office Friendly.
BSWH truly believes in Diversity
The hardest part of my job is going to lunch,because I like to be on top of it all.
The most enjoyable part of my job is Everyday is different which keeps you coming back for more.
Pros
Secretary Day
Cons
This is a 24/7 job. And it is truly job security :)
Great Learning Experience
Referrals Coordinator/Collections (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 1, 2018
It was a great learning experience working in my department when it came to sub specialty within the health care I loved working with my co workier and enjoyed the day.
Pros
Loved it
Cons
Loved it
BSW organization
Supervisor of Comprehensive Care Management (Current Employee) –  Lakeway, TXOctober 31, 2018
Great place to work, with a great culture. Advancement opportunity, with encouragement and training from leadership. Good benefits. Would recommend.
Pros
good management, lots of growth in the organization
Cons
changes due to growth
Great Place To Work
LMSW - Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 31, 2018
This is a great hospital with competitive pay. Most employees advance through applying to another department. Many different opportunities and training available
Pros
Many different opportunities
Cons
Advancement within department.
Great company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2018
Career development, benefits, diversity and equal opportunities. The working environment is at a fast pace and challenging. You encounter many different cultures and personalities. Which give you the opportunity to assist and help many types of people. The most enjoyable part is the opportunity to help patients, looking for a doctors office, their car in the parking lot are taking the time to take a patient to their doctors office because they are lost.
Pros
Good paying job, benefits, advancement opportunities and furthering your education.
Cons
Different cultures and personalities.
Not a positive workplace
Unit Secretary/ Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2018
Management is not very supportive, they seek every opportunity to place blame on the employees instead of admitting that they failed as management staff and had improperly trained staff
Pros
lunches
Cons
no support staff even from HR
Great Place to Work
Cardiac ICU Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 26, 2018
I have worked at Baylor Scott & White - The Heart Hospital -Plano a couple of times in the last 6 years. It is a wonderful place to work, great staff, great administration, etc. I will say that it is not the same as it was 6 years ago in that it has become less patient driven and more financial driven over the years and that is disappointing to me. Those changes happened after the merger with Scott & White, but it is still a great place to work.
Pros
Work atmosphere/culture on my unit
Cons
Changes over the last few years since merger with Scott & White
Bswh
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 25, 2018
Working at S&W was a pleasure and I enjoyed my job and the patients that I took care off on a daily bases. Just needed better management! You need the management to enjoy what they are doing as well as you do. If not nothing will ever change
Fun work place
PCT/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 25, 2018
Very great place to work!! the staff very professional the benefits and support staff is awesome, Very clean work environment and hospital most enjoyable part of my job is admitting new patients.
Pros
great
Cons
great
Good workplace
Rewards Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 24, 2018
Small hospital with lots of advancement opportunity. Upper management is very involved with staff members and also works on the floor to help with staff shortage or larger patient census. Great team atmosphere and communication.
Great to work for
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  STC2October 22, 2018
I loved my job here! The group of people I worked for became my work family. Management could always be improved but the management overall is good. Staffing typically was ok, but there were plenty of times we were understaffed. Would recommend working there.
Caring for the patients at this specialty clinic was very rewarding and that outweighed any frustrations there was on a daily basis.
Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXOctober 19, 2018
A typical day consisted of seeing patients and assisting in procedures with the doctors. I got to experience so many different specialties because for a while I was a float nurse.
The workplace culture was one of irritation and confusion because of management that did not seem to have good communication and a terrible lack of understanding of how each specialty needed to run. The hiring process was extremely long and drawn out and there were times that months passed with a need unmet because it took so long to get someone hired.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the patient interaction.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
lack of preparation and competent management
great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 17, 2018
great place to work, I worked there over year , I loved the environment and all my co workers were amazing, the patients were great, a good place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 14, 2018
Great place to work everyday. Very pleased with this employer. Well respected by colleagues, and there are not many leaders that do not respect the staff. Again, very pleased with this employer.
Pros
Work environment, coworkers
Cons
Paid time off is only available if you have the time saved up.
Bad management
Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2018
The workplace environment was very hard. Our manager was fighting with Doctors and staff members. there was 4 of us that left our jobs.
I loved Baylor and my co-workers I also really enjoyed the physicians I worked with.Just not the situation I was placed in.
wonderful place to work; excellent benefits
Day Surgery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 11, 2018
Excellent environment to work. The people and staff were very friendly; everyone were willing to make eye contact and lead patients where they needed to go. Everyone in the department where I worked worked well together. We got the job done and kept a positive attitude. We worked well as a team.
Pros
we worked very well together
Cons
staff was short in the evening
Professional and accepting environment
Lead Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 9, 2018
Baylor Scott and White contributed to my growth as a chaplain through the support provided through regular team meetings to provide the best patient care taking into account the whole person of mind, body and spirit.

Management were involved in daily interactions with the staff. The CEO kept all staff informed of vision casting and updates by holding quarterly meetings.

Workplace culture is rated five star due to the high professional mind set of each staff hired. They get involved with the community through donations and support in fundraising. Team work is effective and active everyday.

The hardest part yet enjoyable part of being a chaplain is coming alongside the patients, family and staff to support in times of celebration as well as times of illness and death. The satisfaction is found in knowing I did my best each day.
Pros
Great team players, rewarded for doing your best, management is visible and encouraging
Cons
Saying goodbye to team players who choose to move on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Scott & White Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Baylor Scott & White Health.

Powered by Comparably