Play YouTube video button

Baylor Scott & White Health Culture reviews

Found 614 reviews matching the search See all 2,546 reviews
Featured review
Baylor Scott & White Health selected this as a representative review
An atmosphere of support and teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2017
I moved to TX from NY to work for BSW - Irving. A typical day here is fast paced and challenging. Its a place I look forward to going three days a week. My manager, co-workers and I make a wonderful team. My manager and supervisors climb in to the trenches with us. They answer call lights and empty bed pans. There is always a feeling of being valued, a place you feel at home. I have to say that we are a floor that prides ourself on our patient care. We work hard to bring a personal touch to a tough situation. I have learned that serving others and treating them with respect and dignity, can turn a negative situation into a positive one. Treating others as if they are a part of my family makes our environment one of the best. Our floor has received a national aware of excellence and we are very proud of that accomplishment. The hardest part of my job is the occasional loss of a patient. My most enjoyable part of my job is serving my patient and ensuring they receive the best care possible.
Pros
lots of fun events that creates a feeling of belonging and well being.
Cons
No career advancement, low pays, bad benefits
RRT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2019
The new Baylor after merger with Scott and White is a bad place to work. Their culture is horrible, management is bad, lot of favoritism bad health insurance
Pros
Discounted foods
Cons
Bad environment bad benefits favoritism
Great Place to Work
Educator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 10, 2019
It is a great place to work, with some really wonderful people. I recommended whole heartedly. Employees and Staff want to make a difference and help patients.
Workplace culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2019
The culture of the workplace is very cordial. Staff and colleagues are friendly, helpful, family oriented and share special comraderies. The location is centralized.
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 23, 2019
The best part of working for Scott and White is knowing that you are serving others in need. Inpatient pharmacy is nice because you do not deal with customer service. It is more based on coworker interaction and building as a team.
Absolutely amazing.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Amazing job to have, friendly environment and the employees are a team and very kind. Management was amazing and easy to work with. Easy to learn job and overall great.
fast-paced, friendly place to work
Patient Services Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJanuary 19, 2019
The typical day is busy from start to finish. I have learned a lot about healthcare during the 4 years working at BSWH. It has been my experience that the management is very compassionate and encouraging toward the employees. Generally, the hardest part of the day is having to contact patients to reschedule appointments or advise them that their insurance is no longer active. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the friendships developed with my co-workers.
Scott and White EMS
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Scott and White EMS was my first job, and a wonderful one. You definitely feel like you're working with family. Strong company. Great team work. Awesome place.
Great place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Enjoyed donating my time to the company for a better cause.The people I worked with were friendly and it was an interesting place to work and volunteer.
Best place I ever worked!!!
MRI, CT, and X-ray technologist (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 9, 2019
The atmosphere was great. My coworkers are the best. Management really cares and do an amazing job. The pay at this location is that great but overall great place.
case managelent
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Typical days are busy, making the day go fast! Management is very top heavy. I love my coworkers-- we are a great team. The hardest part of the job is running out of time at the end of the day and getting behind! It is also difficult to not be able to work remotely.
Pros
great coworkers!
Cons
only 30 minutes for lunch.
Love working with my Team
Manager, Facilities (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Its been great working with my team. I have meetings and been working on improving skills by going out with my team during work hours. I would love to stay and work for them if given another chance.
Great Place to work.
Coordinator of Collectors (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Baylor Scott & White has the most competitive pay for most any companies in central Texas. They will work with you on scheduling. I was able to be promoted within 1 year of working for them.
Pros
Paid time off and flexible work schedule
Cons
Not closed on federal holidays
Baylor and Scott is a wonderful place to work.
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2018
Baylor is a fun place to work. all the staff and employees are friendly, caring, and fun working with.
This is a great wonderful to be recommended to a friend, and family to work.
Pros
sometimes we get free lunch
Cons
we have a normal break and lunch hours
Productive and competitive place to work.
Physician Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXDecember 27, 2018
A typical day at work consist of constant customer service. Providing excellent registration and scheduling service. Hardest part of the day seeing sick patients.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No scheduled 15 minute breaks. Work culture sometimes not a conducive environment.
Field Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXDecember 26, 2018
I really enjoy working for BSWH. My co-workers are more like family than just co-workers. The benefits are great, and we even get discounts from companies in the area.
Pros
Good benefits, great hours, good co-workers
Cons
Corporate feeling
Working at Baylor Scott and White Health
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 26, 2018
Working at Baylor Scott and White was a life changing experience. You learn to not only do your job, but others as well in your department. The management can change so quickly, so you always have to be prepared.The culture is fast-paced and sometimes stressful. The hardest part of the job is trying to please everyone, sometimes there is not enough staffing for the workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new tasks, and meeting new people and getting along with co-workers.
Pros
being able to learn new tasks, good pay, benefits and pto.
Cons
changing management, not enough staffing
Baylor Review
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2018
A typical day at work is following up on emails, scheduling meetings, paying invoices & submitting SOW's with followups. Also supporting my VP's and teams as requested.

I've learned how to work with a multi-culture environment in a cooperate office.

Working with different management styles has help me grow in my role as an Executive Assistant.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the teams and cultures that they bring to the office environment.
Great place to work with great benefits but they don't do anything to stop bullying
Inpatient Transition Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 11, 2018
A typical day at work is never the same. I enjoy the variety. I learned that HR is there to protect the company at all cost and they don't correct bullying from Directors.
Pros
Free day of PTO after donating blood 4 times, laid back culture (except director level and up) Coworkers are awesome
Cons
They preach "no bullying" but when it is reported, nothing is done.
Fast-paced culture with multi faceted responsibility
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
Caring, yet overloaded, department with issues in maintaining morale and an environment that made people want to be there. Most of the team I worked with loved their jobs, and how they had affect in helping people, but were unhappy with the workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing that what you did made an impact on a patient or somehow made a difficult time easier.
great place to work
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 2, 2018
The work culture was very friendly and it was nice being a part of a larger team where the ent ire hospital functioned as one enormous organism. It was a neat experience working on a CDC study.
Pros
good hours and great pay
Cons
the study was slow paced at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Scott & White Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight