Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lake Pointe

Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lake Pointe Employee Reviews

Clean fun paced work environment!
Triage/Desk/Patient Technician (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMarch 19, 2018
I am a Triage Tech in the Emergency dept which is very hectic. There are patients coming to the Triage window complain of chest pains, heart attacks, strokes, some are bleeding, screaming, etc. Well, the 23 years in Customer Service at Hilton surely helped me to stay calm and professional. I am able to deal quickly with the patients, resolve issues and reassure them that we are doing the best we can to get all the vitals on them and get them to the back to see the Doctor as soon as possible. The most difficult part of my job is seeing the suicides, deaths due to cancers, heart attacks, car accidents, and so on. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are able to revive a patient(s) in the above cases and they eventually go home to be with their family.
Pros
Free doctor visits.
Cons
Seeing so much illness and death.
Horrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Short staffed, over worked, management dictates you clocking out even if you still had 3 hours of work to do- which is illegal, food is horrendous if you had any time to take a lunch break. Management does not care if you get a lunch and do not allow breaks- they say you do but then get written up if taking one. Co-workers competitive, do not work as a team.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, micromanaged, poor support from management, dirty hospital, HR is a nightmare
RPSGT (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Family like environment, great pay. Supervisor that is understanding and fair with shifts for PRN work. Willing to work around other sleep lab schedules to ensure you get adequate hours of work
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Sometimes you get called off of work due to not enough patients
BSWH Lake Pointe is a great place to work
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJanuary 29, 2018
The staff at BSWH Lake Pointe are committed to safe and quality patient care and satisfaction. The facility's tower expansion will allow for the care of many more patients. Lake Pointe is by far the facility of choice in the Rowlett/Rockwall and surrounding communities.
Pros
High quality and safety of patients is the top priority
Cons
Age of facility
Lake Pointe Hospital is a great place to work
L&D, Postpartum, & Newborn Nursery RN (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXNovember 10, 2017
This is a tight knit hospital where employees feel like family. It is family oriented environment and very flexible. The leaders care about the staff. Overall it is a great place to work!
Supportive Management staff
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXOctober 11, 2017
Focus on growth and increasing skills of the practitioner. Provided continuing education opportunities and sharing strengths among therapist, including modalities and manual techniques.
Pros
Supportive management staff
benefits
It is not recommended to work at this place
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXOctober 5, 2017
It is not recommended to work at this place Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lake Pointe. Poor management, poor work culture, high politic, and very stressful.
Pros
Not thing good
Cons
extremely a bad place to work
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXSeptember 24, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Baylor! The hardest part of the job is the time demands. I feel stressed sometimes to perform my duties in a very short period of time. However, the physicians have always been understanding and even offered to help when there is a delay. The workplace culture could improve, although the other nurses help me often, I do feel that there is a lot of talking about one another behind backs.
Pros
discounts, good working hours, excellent manager
Cons
nurses very competitive, little support of other units
Not the best
STNA (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 3, 2017
It was too much work and not enough money. They expected me to watch a whole floor and skip breaks to help 20 people at one time. It was hard and exhausting. The residents where the best part about that company and I loved them but physically taking care of those people is really hard.
Pros
the residents where sweet.
Cons
Not enough money, physically demanding.
Great staff poor quality equipment
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXAugust 1, 2017
Loved working here, loved the staff, loved the environment. Did not care for quality of Respiratory equipment. BIPAP machines that are so outdated there aren't parts to repair them so they aren't reliable and the screens are almost illegible. Three ventilators had red tags, at once, causing a shortage while waiting for rental delivery.

I agreed to take a 13 week assignment with the promise to be offered FT at the end because of the fiscal year changes. Less than 2 weeks before end of contract was informed that the new budget wouldn't allow for that. Just found position listed on job board.

Staff were an amazing group of people. Made me feel like a valued member of the team and we all provided excellent care.
Pros
Staff
Rn
Registered Nurse - Medical Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJuly 31, 2017
The hardest part of the job is that there is not enough staff to handle the patient load. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the staff that are there will band together to get the job done.
Pros
the people
Cons
not enough staff, for christmas all we got was a pie
Great people
Unit Secretary/CNA (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJuly 15, 2017
Great people but feel they are understaffed and don't maintain the equipment or supplies I feel you need to do your job correctly. I do feel your are appreciated.
No Health Insurance
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJune 7, 2017
HR is insanely hard to get a hold of. They hire you for one department, but shuffle you around the whole hospital. They call you on your days off to work. When you do work, half the time they send you home. And the housekeeping staff has 2 people to clean the whole hospital, which by the way is also constantly dirty.
It's their way or the highway
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMarch 27, 2017
What I have learned since working here is that Directorship overcomes all decisions regardless of the outcome. Severely micromanaged and everyone is consistently inconsistent.
Pros
benefits, compensations
Cons
micromanaged
Externship
During my Externship (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 17, 2017
I was given the opportunity to perform my externship at this site and everyone was very pleasant and seemed to enjoy the jobs they did. The person who was my mentor was amazing and was able to teach me so much more than what I learned in school.
good place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJanuary 24, 2017
The nurses are a team. We can feel comfortable to collaborate with other disciplines and members of the team to make the patient's stay better.
A lot of being treated as a idiot.
Staff RN ICU Traveler (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXDecember 15, 2016
Typical day would in the most taking car of the patient. Short staffed. No secretary to answer phone. A lot about CV surgery. Management was usleless at times. Co-workers in the most part millennia's who focused on the computer than the pts. Supplies not available. Computor program sucked.

One enjoyable part of job worikng 6p-6a.
Pros
smaller facility.
Cons
Staff
Productive and learning
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXDecember 14, 2016
I love my job and the department that I work in. We all work very well together and stand behind each other. There is always something new to learn and someone willing to teach.
Awful
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXOctober 17, 2016
The Patient Access Department is AWFUL! I primarily work in the ER and the culture is hostile and unprofessional. Supervisors walk in irritated, cursing, and raising their middle finger in the air because they have to cover a shift. It is impossible to get a day off. The high turnover rate should automatically be a red flag. If you don't kiss butt, you will be treated like a 2nd class citizen.
Community hospital
ER tech, PCT, Telementry tech (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXOctober 10, 2016
extremely understaffed and overworked, staff is also underpaid for amount of time put into workplace. no chance for advancement in current positions that I have held. Extreme lack in management.
Pros
co workers are great and professional people
Cons
low pay, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lake Pointe. Our community is ready to answer.

Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lake Pointe Reviews by Location