Baylor University Employee Reviews

Great
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 18, 2018
Great university to work, from dining hall employees to tenured professors. Baylor has a positive vibe and most employees are happy to be there. Different positions have different responsibilities, but I, and others I befriended, seem to have good managers and be part of a productive work environment.
Guest Services and Greeter
Bear Zone Ticket Manager - Football Season (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 9, 2018
Within the athletic department at Baylor University they strive to make every athletic event enjoyable for a patron! My role was to greet attendees and to be sure all their questions and needs were met.
Fun and Easy
Barn Laborer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 26, 2018
As long as you're okay with working among horses and their dirty stalls, you will have fun. Working at the barn was one of my favorite jobs as I chose how many hours I wanted to work that day, though I was required to go twice a day every day however there is in option to only come once in the morning. All the other staff and manager was fun and friendly.
Pros
easy to switch shifts and get days off, fun, relaxed, great relationship with manager, choose own hours
Cons
no benefits, no growth
Student Athlete Services
Learning Assistant, Student-Athlete Services (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 18, 2018
Learning Assistants have a lot of independence. We created our own schedules with the athletes and were trusted to do our work without much oversight.
Christian atmosphere with a strong work ethic
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 5, 2018
Baylor University is a warm, Christian workplace that emphasizes a mission to serve others. I enjoy the challenge of working in a situation that creates engagement for constituents.
I am seeking a new challenge as my current job is being phased out in an organizational restructure. Several associates have mentioned opportunities for me to continue my career with Baylor University. I look forward to finding a new position where I can utilize my leadership and organizational skills to promote Baylor University and her mission to excellence. However, I will also be looking at other opportunities outside of Baylor University.
Pros
Great benefits, great workplace environment
Cons
parking on campus
Management makes the difference
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 22, 2018
Fortunate enough to work for a department with great management, you'll love working here. Nightmare management, stressful with lack of job security. Unfortunately I work for the latter currently.
Fun work environment
Prop Crew (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 12, 2018
The Prop Crew would be available to help the Sing and Pigskin acts for a few hours a day, but when we were not working or during the performances, we were able to study.
Great workplace
Library Information Specialist III-Moody Library (Former Employee) –  Waco, TexasOctober 10, 2018
A wonderful, caring , Christian environment! Great working conditions, good supervisors. Christmas gives everyone a paid week off.Perks include free admission to many sporting events.
A great University to work for, an overall
Baker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Baylor is a great place to work. I enjoyed the people and the standards are high which I feel is a good thing. Very intellegent people overall. I would definatly work there again if given the chance. I worked for both Baylor and Aramark Corporation and enjoyed both companies. Miss you all.
Pros
A great work and fair life Balance
Cons
Ok, hmm... nope, no Cons :) great experience
Graduate teaching assistant at a laid back university
Graduate Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Baylor University was a fine institution for completing graduate studies. Great environment for research in biology with the state-of-the-art Baylor Science Building and qualified faculty. Learned how to write grants and manuscripts for publication. Teaching responsibilities were not much of an onus.
Pros
Weather never cold, cheap to live near.
Cons
Health care doesn't cover much
Student Worker
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 24, 2018
Great experience, I was a personal trainer developed from the NASM class offered at the university. As a student worker, I was one of many but overall enjoyed my time there.
Great Place to Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 21, 2018
Baylor is a unique place to work considering its religious ties. Some people there actually try to be decent human beings in this workplace culture compared to other places where it is only one or two people.
Pros
Co workers are Genuine
Cons
Pay
Amazing university with tuition remission
Office Manager/Department of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 6, 2018
I spent 20 years working at Baylor in three different departments with the last 13 spent in Department of Marketing. I would highly recommend working for this institution with the greatest benefit being 100% tuition remission after 5 years of service.
Undergraduate teaching focused university
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 17, 2018
-typical day involves work in the laboratory, teaching, etc..
-studied neuroscience during my PhD work
-management varies depending on the lab and PI you work for
-relaxed workplace culture usually
I was a temporary employee, for the year I worked there
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 10, 2018
It has been many years since I worked there, I appreciated the opportunity. If it had not been for Baylor University, I would not have been hired at ATDS
Pros
Experience
Cons
Laid off
Research associate (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 4, 2018
Lots of opportunities for research and learning, especially in the area of organic chemistry. The facilities Baylor offer for research is world class and support staffs are excellent
Great student employment position
Advanced TechPoint Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 28, 2018
POSITION DOES NOT REFLECT FULL TIME EMPLOYEE'S CULTURE. Very easy position. Relaxed atmosphere, great bosses, no drama, steep learning curve for onboarding, but that will change soon.
Okay, but better options
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 20, 2018
Working at Baylor is convenient, but they don't pay too well and the management had less experience then the degree I was working to get. Good option if you're willing to put up with it.
Pros
Temporary, Close
Cons
Pay bad, bad management
Productive and welcoming work environment
Student Producer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 12, 2018
While each day at work had a set list of obligations and responsibilities, there was always room for team building and regular conversation. Obligations were always clearly set out for employees, and employees were charged with the responsibility of putting a good face and effort forward for every patron who came through the library.
Working as an Undergraduate Research Assistant
Undergraduate Geology Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Department of GeologyJune 9, 2018
I worked as an undergraduate research assistant. In order to keep my job, my GPA could not drop below a 3.0. The best part was the flexibility to choose my own hours and to work with my own music in the background. It was interesting to see how my job impacted the research I was aiding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss