Baylor University Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Undergraduate teaching focused university
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 17, 2018
-typical day involves work in the laboratory, teaching, etc..
-studied neuroscience during my PhD work
-management varies depending on the lab and PI you work for
-relaxed workplace culture usually
I was a temporary employee, for the year I worked there
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 10, 2018
It has been many years since I worked there, I appreciated the opportunity. If it had not been for Baylor University, I would not have been hired at ATDS
Pros
Experience
Cons
Laid off
Research associate (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 4, 2018
Lots of opportunities for research and learning, especially in the area of organic chemistry. The facilities Baylor offer for research is world class and support staffs are excellent
Great student employment position
Advanced TechPoint Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 28, 2018
POSITION DOES NOT REFLECT FULL TIME EMPLOYEE'S CULTURE. Very easy position. Relaxed atmosphere, great bosses, no drama, steep learning curve for onboarding, but that will change soon.
Okay, but better options
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 20, 2018
Working at Baylor is convenient, but they don't pay too well and the management had less experience then the degree I was working to get. Good option if you're willing to put up with it.
Pros
Temporary, Close
Cons
Pay bad, bad management
Productive and welcoming work environment
Student Producer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 12, 2018
While each day at work had a set list of obligations and responsibilities, there was always room for team building and regular conversation. Obligations were always clearly set out for employees, and employees were charged with the responsibility of putting a good face and effort forward for every patron who came through the library.
Working as an Undergraduate Research Assistant
Undergraduate Geology Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Department of GeologyJune 9, 2018
I worked as an undergraduate research assistant. In order to keep my job, my GPA could not drop below a 3.0. The best part was the flexibility to choose my own hours and to work with my own music in the background. It was interesting to see how my job impacted the research I was aiding.
Best Place to Work!
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 8, 2018
I loved everything about working at BU. Great staff and family benefits. People were friendly and helpful. I loved helping students and parents with employment.
Sic Em Bears
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 24, 2018
I worked as an assistant researcher as an undergrad, so obviously unpaid. But dang, the experience was worth it. Awesome facilities, brilliant professors, and such a beautiful campus. If you want to feel like you are at hogwarts in 2018, do research at Baylor.
Great!!!
Intro to Neuroscience Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 16, 2018
The supervisor is amazing!!! Although a low-paying job, it's one of the best student-worker jobs on campus. You can do your homework while you're managing the lab.
Community focused and friendly
COMMUNITY LEADER (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 15, 2018
Working as a Community Leader (CL) was a memorable experience as I lived and served approximately 40 girls every year. As a CL, I planned events and programs centered around community engagement and connected residents to Baylor faculty and opportunities around Waco. My boss was very involved in our work and meet with CLs weekly to see how we were doing in our jobs and daily lives. The investment and care poured into me and my residents made the job worthwhile.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 15, 2018
Baylor has great benefits and a supportive working environment. It is family friendly, and they encourage a healthy work/life balance. I work with a great team who make it fun to come to work.
Pros
great benefits
Average School
Apparel Merchandising, Minor Entrepreneurship (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 6, 2018
I wasn't involved in many activities, only attended to get my degree. Professors were okay, but the atmosphere is stressful. Not a fan of the greek culture.
Fun work place
Referee (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 3, 2018
This place is fun to work at, but there really isn't much room to advance and the pay is pretty bad. However, this job is meant for college students and is very understanding and flexible with your work there.
Pros
Easy and fun, you get to watch sports
Cons
Low pay
Baylor University
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 29, 2018
Baylor University is a great place to work. I enjoyed my job and my co-workers. I needed to make more money therefore I found another job that paid better.
Baylor only
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 29, 2018
This is a student research position the pay is in experience not monetary, you have to be a student and meet special requirements in order to be considered. This is Baylor students only
Pros
Research Opportunities as a Student
old fashioned but nice
Information Technology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 24, 2018
old fashioned management, but nice people, some of the faculty are ancient and hard to work with in a technology role (pretty clueless about security, etc.)
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 11, 2018
I absolutely loved my time at Baylor University. I worked in the athletic department as a student athletic trainer and it really helped me fall in love with my profession.
Work-Study Job
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 26, 2018
This was a work study job, so the hours were limited and the focus was on school. My boss was great, she was very flexible with scheduling and hours worked. I enjoyed this low stress job because it allowed me to pay rent without my grades suffering.
Great opportunity for learning new technology
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 19, 2018
I furthered my knowledge of new and more advanced operating systems for mainframes.

I jumped right in and learned Novell Netware, and lead the project of establishing the PC network across campus. My manager encouraged me to obtain my CNE. I had opportunities to learn the Mac OS, as well.

I also had opportunities to learn Unix when the mainframe was replaced with RISC architecture platforms.

The workplace culture was always very friendly, and there was always opportunities to mix with the other IT groups both during and after work.

We received discounts for events, sports, concerts, and guest lecturers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight