Baylor University Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Great!!!
Intro to Neuroscience Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 16, 2018
The supervisor is amazing!!! Although a low-paying job, it's one of the best student-worker jobs on campus. You can do your homework while you're managing the lab.
Community focused and friendly
COMMUNITY LEADER (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 15, 2018
Working as a Community Leader (CL) was a memorable experience as I lived and served approximately 40 girls every year. As a CL, I planned events and programs centered around community engagement and connected residents to Baylor faculty and opportunities around Waco. My boss was very involved in our work and meet with CLs weekly to see how we were doing in our jobs and daily lives. The investment and care poured into me and my residents made the job worthwhile.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 15, 2018
Baylor has great benefits and a supportive working environment. It is family friendly, and they encourage a healthy work/life balance. I work with a great team who make it fun to come to work.
Pros
great benefits
Average School
Apparel Merchandising, Minor Entrepreneurship (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 6, 2018
I wasn't involved in many activities, only attended to get my degree. Professors were okay, but the atmosphere is stressful. Not a fan of the greek culture.
Fun work place
Referee (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 3, 2018
This place is fun to work at, but there really isn't much room to advance and the pay is pretty bad. However, this job is meant for college students and is very understanding and flexible with your work there.
Pros
Easy and fun, you get to watch sports
Cons
Low pay
Baylor University
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 29, 2018
Baylor University is a great place to work. I enjoyed my job and my co-workers. I needed to make more money therefore I found another job that paid better.
Baylor only
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 29, 2018
This is a student research position the pay is in experience not monetary, you have to be a student and meet special requirements in order to be considered. This is Baylor students only
Pros
Research Opportunities as a Student
old fashioned but nice
Information Technology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 24, 2018
old fashioned management, but nice people, some of the faculty are ancient and hard to work with in a technology role (pretty clueless about security, etc.)
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 11, 2018
I absolutely loved my time at Baylor University. I worked in the athletic department as a student athletic trainer and it really helped me fall in love with my profession.
Work-Study Job
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 26, 2018
This was a work study job, so the hours were limited and the focus was on school. My boss was great, she was very flexible with scheduling and hours worked. I enjoyed this low stress job because it allowed me to pay rent without my grades suffering.
Great opportunity for learning new technology
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 19, 2018
I furthered my knowledge of new and more advanced operating systems for mainframes.

I jumped right in and learned Novell Netware, and lead the project of establishing the PC network across campus. My manager encouraged me to obtain my CNE. I had opportunities to learn the Mac OS, as well.

I also had opportunities to learn Unix when the mainframe was replaced with RISC architecture platforms.

The workplace culture was always very friendly, and there was always opportunities to mix with the other IT groups both during and after work.

We received discounts for events, sports, concerts, and guest lecturers.
fun, encouraging place to work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 17, 2018
Collaborative, supportive work culture. Management focused on building teamwork and leadership. Did not provide much room for continuity or career advancement.
Baylor University
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 7, 2018
I am working as a data analyst at the chemistry department. The tasks are challenging but I really enjoy. The working environment is very positive with very friendly co-workers and faculty.
Productive and fun work place
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Everyday I'd come in at 1:00 pm and sort and send mail and write postcards until I have more work to send or my shift is over (4:30 pm ). With this job I learned the steps to become a Baylor student and how to attract more prospective students. The hardest part of the job was sending Acceptance letters because you have to check and make sure everything is correct and that you're sending the right letter to the corresponding student. It is more of a tedious process. The most enjoyable part of this job is the fun environment and friendly peers.
Pros
easy work, fun environment
Cons
not a lot of work hours
I was a grad student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Baylor was great for graduate school. I enjoyed my research, classes, professors, and peers. Waco is a decent town and since my time there, has gotten even nicers.
I love Baylor
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 29, 2018
I absolutely love Baylor! Just walking through campus is very peaceful which reflects the overall attitude that revolves around Baylor. There are so many opportunities to thrive in academics with all the services that are provided as well as opportunities for future employment. Baylor is an amazing school to attend because it is amazing in everything they do.
good expericance
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 26, 2018
I work as a research assistant for a professor in the Physics Department. It was a highly instructive experience and allowed me to understand the process of real scientific research.
I am a student at Baylor
tutor for calculus, economics, accounting (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Excellent Place to work. Very nice people. Very calm and helpful environment. I love the culture. A great place to find a community. Waco is not the best place to live though.
Pros
Collaborative environment
Cons
Waco is not the best place to live
Great opportunity to help accounting freshmen make career decisions
Accounting Mentor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 19, 2018
I facilitated career workshops with students, helping them with basics like resume preparation, interviewing skills, elevator pitch etc. I also tutored some who needed help in accounting classes.
Pros
Opportunity to help the students secure their desired jobs
Cons
It usually clashed with some of my classes
Collaborative work environment with great managagement
Campus Recreation, Outdoor Adventure, Staff Leader (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Ability to improve outdoor skills while working with a team who holds the same passions. Reasonable hourly wage and good amount of hours for a college student.
Pros
Fun and hard working team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baylor University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight