BayMark Health Services

BayMark Health Services Employee Reviews

United States38 reviews
I enjoyed working with the staff and patients there.
A lit of flexibility in doing my job

Sometimes covered reception and security.

The counselors were friendly and helpful.

I liked my job for the most part.

Did the billing for 450 patients every month.collect copays and did deposits
I worked as an LCSW in NH. I found I was worried to have my licensed attached to this company.
Poor management , unprofessional co workers that did not understand hippa. The clients were wonderful. But the corporate atmosphere and the ineffective management made this a place I quickly left.
Pros
Cons
Co workers with no boundaries, little experience, and didnt understand confidentiality, poor management
I cleared the background check and test in less than a week, the company management and human resources jerked me around for months with promising "last steps" every time, they wasted my time and money as you will have to buy and upkeep your own uniforms while they pay a less than acceptable wage.
They are only open 6am to 1pm M-Sat so if that time dosnt work for you dont waste your time interviewing to find out they are not flexible. Also you're everyone's helper and will be stuck processing contaminated patients because this security wage is cheaper than what an actual Office Assistance would ever accept.
Pros
Small property, cops are 15 minutes away.
Cons
Deskwork, Covid contaminated strung out assultive drug seeking patients, random armed drug dealers show up and take off before cops show.
The moment I find another position I will give my notice even if it means a pay cut.
This place is run like a train off the rails going downhill. The TCD is out of touch with the clinic, must be hard working from home everyday while others come in and try to make sense of this mess the long term staff are clicky and rude and the gossip is straight from high school. Find a job somewhere else is the best advice I can provide
The current director is a drug addict. The show favoritism throughout the company. The managers are never at work but expect there employees to be there sick or not. Human resources dont not care about listening to the truth. They are there to protect themselves. Gunman came to the office to do destruction because he felt he was treated unfairly. Lots of drama in the office. Think twice before you sign up
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I appreciate the team I work with and I am able to be professional but also be myself at work. I find this to be very satisfying and makes me appreciate my workplace.
Corrupt HR dept. Nothing is kept confidential, they don't do fair thorough investigations regarding your concerns. Favoritism throughout the company. Mangers are unethical and unprofessional. No room for advancement because they hire their close friends and put them in position.
Had me cover for other departments when I was hired for billing.
Always under pressure to do reception and billing.

High turnover in staff. High expectations .
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Poor management, and employees were bullies. Drama worse than middle school and management participated. One good thing was working with clients. I hear there is a new Program Director so it has probably improved (Unknown). Lower management was friends with bullies and covered up their harassment towards other employees. HR was no help at all even after multiple complaints.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Everything else
The patients are good people, most of the local staff are good, but the electronic medical record is a mess. The system is siloed so that no one knows what anyone else is doing. The team approach is almost non-existent here, to the detriment of everyone. Corporate is primarily concerned with money and has no concept of patien care.
Pros
Nice patients, reasonable staff.
Cons
Adversarial relationships with staff, no team approach, staff not encouraged to grow, terrible EMR.
Management is very supportive and relaxed atmosphere. I enjoy working in this type of field and with this population. The job itself can be stressful at times but management is only a phone call away.
Poor management, cheated me out of benefits but still took money out of paycheck for insurance. Manager belittles staff. Manager will give christmas bonuses(gift card) to only favorite staff.Everyone that works Saturdays is expected to clean toilets,kitchen, etc except for manager because manager will not pay for an outside cleaning agency. Front lobby carpet is old and filthy but the manager will not rent a carpet cleaner or hire someone to clean it . Carpet needs replaced as even the patients complain how filthy it is.
Pros
Clean bathrooms, donuts on Fridays
Cons
Manager has no management skills, work every Saturday, poor benefits.
HR department is Operational Strong. Very antiquated system. Company heads in HR in a few cases are unethical when it comes to advancement. Hiring strategies are unethical.
Pros
free cokes
Cons
Unethical HR practices
BayMark is a rapidly-growing company in that it has acquired several outpatient opiate treatment programs all over the US and Canada. The company has more than doubled in the last year due to both stock and asset purchases. BayMark strives to assist patients with opiate addiction through methadone treatment programs, as well as other proven programs. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients relapse in their opiate use and keeping up with all state and national requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients succeed in their treatment and change their lives for the better.
Pros
Colleagues are helpful and knowledgeable.
Cons
Healthcare is extremely expensive for families. Wages are also low.
I have been working as the Treatment Center Director for Baymark for the past 5 months. I love the staff, the clients, the hours (6am-2pm) M-F, the mission and the overall satisfaction of helping others overcome their addiction to opiates. The management I report to are very understanding and supportive.

The job is very fast-paced and not for those who are not focused and organized as there are deadlines and mandatory regulations that must be met. The entire staff work as a team and support each other so everyone is able to meet their individual deadlines.

My only complaint is the low pay for the area we live in. It is tough to maintain a home and meet basic needs on the current pay structure however the corporate folks and local/regional management have a full understanding of the challenges of the bay area and are working to improve salaries across the board. To be fair, this is a common issue for many companies in the Bay Area and the fact management is willing to make adjustments is positive.

The benefits are amazing. Vacation time is very generous and at this point in my career, time off with my family and husband to travel is incredibly important to me and working for this company allows me to take a long vacation each year and several long weekends/holiday tine. The PTO benefits are some of the best I've ever had in my career.

I plan to move my way up the ladder as there are many opportunities for advancement if you work hard. I plan to retire from this organization so suffice it to say, this is a great place to work.
Pros
staff, benefits, hours
Cons
salary
The culture is great and the company is continuing to grow. Management is welcoming of new ideas and wants to work with the employees to improve process.
Pros
Culture, Growth and opportunity, and Management
Cons
Growing Pains
I appreciate the collaboration of the team members, their willingness and ability to be helpful and solution based, the transparency of the company, and support of the Regional Directors and Human Resources. The staff understand the stress of trying to be a support to those trying to maintain their sobriety, and the compassion is overwhelming. I have never met kinder people, wanting to help reduce the stigma when it comes to those affected by the opioid epidemic. The nurses and counselors are great when trying to meet with the patients, wherever they're at, in their own recovery journey. They put on groups and family counseling for those needing further support, and show how much they care by just being completely present. I am in a position where I can help educate the community and have agencies more involved; this lessens the stigma and increases the much needed knowledge of what we do on a daily basis.
The company doesn’t have the contract and they do not inform employees about information. The claim no raises due to no contract. Your going to work 50-60 hours work weeks.
Pros
Days off
Cons
You work for you paid days off .
It is a place just as you would expect. Nothing wrong with working at this place. Patients can be rude and extremely grateful. I would recommend to anyone.
My direct manager lived in Massachusetts and the office was in Lewisville, TX so there was a lack of communication. Also, it seemed as though everyone was figuring it out together because it was a very new division. Other than that, it was a nice company to work for.
Pros
Nice office/environment
Cons
Manager was not in state/lack of communication
Literally the worst most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. Mission statement should read: Suck as much govt $ as you can b4 selling out.
Pros
Co-workers and supervisors.
Cons
Greedy senior management suckin' up all that gov'mint money while the gettin' is good, never get the same answer twice from management, counselors punished if clients miss sessions, zero chance of compensation increase, dosing nurses quitting constantly, One and a half hour waits for client to dose, phone system is horrible, so much more...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BayMark Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6