Baymont Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

I would not recommend
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 24, 2018
The owner of the building controls and micromanaged everybody that worked in the building instead of letting the general manager do his job. The owner is also very disrespectful of how he talks to the people that works in his building. The hotel isn’t even open yet and a lot of people are getting fired for no reason or leaving because of the disrespect.
Pros
You get paid for working
Cons
Low pay, disrespect, no benefits
For the most part it was a fun atmosphere
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2018
I worked at the one in Indianapolis! I liked and got along with other employees other than the ones who worked at the front desk. The other front desk employees was stealing. One of them who was in a relationship with another front desk employee actually ended up living on the property in one if the suites rent free. She'd come down to the breakfast buffet in her pajamas. Customers complained about her constantly for her rude attitude. I couldn't understand how our manager put up with the thefts an her living on the property. Come to find out after I left the manager was in on the thefts. It was poorly managed and the schedules were done by favoritism. There was no room for management or raises. Nor did you get paid for any overtime you worked if another employee didn't show up or showed up extremely late for there shift because the owner wouldn't pay it. I enjoyed my job but I didn't enjoy what went on there.
Pros
It was a steady paycheck
Cons
No overtime or raises. What you hired in at was what you were stuck with.
Not bad if...
Head housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 22, 2018
Not a terrible place to work if you can handle highschool drama, the general manager (or lack day of), working for less than the job should be paid and no raises or reviews done.
Pros
The owner and most staff are great
Cons
Over worked for too little pay
Be ready to work fast. There’s a work shortage at times.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJune 15, 2018
Be ready to work fast. There’s a work shortage at times. The manager helps make beds most days but we’re rushed out of the building everyday except weekends and it doesn’t help your check being rushed. I would get 36 hours every two weeks. That’s 18 hours/week. The breakfast wasn’t made well. But breaks were given fairly. The supplies run out fast. You might want to have an evening job as well.
Pros
Free breakfast, convenient shift, fair breaks.
Cons
No benefits, barely any hours due to rushing, work shortage.
very laid back
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 31, 2018
The enviorment is really laid back depending on the time you work.. you might have trouble understanding the manager at first, but it will take time to get used to....
Pros
Really laid back not too busy unless its a holiday
Cons
no break, no benifits, or employee discount
Manager is a real jerk nothing ever gets done right or on time. He is a lier and a cheat.
Front Desk Agent and housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 5, 2018
Company privetly owned and does not give any benefits or breaks 8 hour shift is 8 hours straight. Manager is rude and needs some classes in proper edicat with dealing with customer complaints.
Pros
Some of the workers and pass thru guests
Cons
No breaks, management treats you like children.
Owner is supportive and fair
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pierre, SDOctober 2, 2018
I enjoyed my work at the Baymont thoroughly. Sadly it was part time with no benefits. I had to seek other employment to make ends meet, and as a night audit/ front desk clerk that meant switching to days to be able to work full time.
If you need money
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMay 8, 2018
I worked at this place for a little bit. Management isn't the best. They blame you for other people's mistakes. The guests can be rude. That's anywhere. They don't offer health benefits period. They have free food sometimes. That's the best thing they got going for their employees.
You have to play the role of the manager during critical business hours. Then management gets upset when you call them at home during an emergency.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Everything else. No benefits, horrible management
I didn’t really like the job,we worked a lot of hours for very low pay.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Golden, CO 80401September 10, 2018
A typical day at work was a stressful day, something was always going wrong , people wouldn’t show up when they where assigned to. No benefits and not enough the pay.
Not a good environment to work in
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 21, 2018
I think the place need new manager, no employees. Need better pay as well. Job offer no benefits, unpaid. Just think the whole place can use new people.
Need more training before going solo
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALMay 11, 2018
Very interesting job. Loved the customer service aspect. Liked working with the fellow associates. Liked making sure guest had the upmost great stay at the hotel.
Pros
Liked having a steady schedule.
Cons
No benefits
fun workplace
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2018
go in print duty sheets start laundry how 4 employees can clean 79 rooms a day plus laundry i pretty much like all management everyone got along respect and got the job done multitasking doing rooms plus laundry it was hard but it was fun hard working crew there excellent just having some good workers we work hard but enjoyed ourselves i miss them
Pros
bonus check if meet our quota
Cons
pay
Dignified and respectfully uptight
FRONT DESK AGENT/NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNAugust 13, 2018
Working at this facility you have to be great at multitasking. I've learned how to stay persistent even around flagrant individuals. I started off at a Choice Hotel, so switching to a Wyndham brand was a bit complex, at first, but I conquered it just like any other obstacle I'm face with these days. The hardest part of this job is the extreme flexibility you have to possess. I'm a Mother, so a strict and steady shift is preferred. I enjoy working in Hospitality. I love my Guests, especially the frequent ones, and the different personalities I come to greet every waking day. Its a fulfillment to me to make sure that everyone has a positive experience at this facility. My name rings all of TripAdvisor.com as a result.
Pros
Free Breakfast and indoor pool
Cons
No Breaks, Short staff, time management
Horrible management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 6, 2018
Nothing was organized, poor management. Everything was outdated. Nothing was ever fully stocked. Hotel couldn’t keep management staff. No benefits at all.
Unfair under paid
Lead house keeper (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHNovember 19, 2018
Under paid long hours,
Co worker and management love to start drama
Stressful had to make sure every housekeeper had there room up to hotel standard.
Pros
Job-paycheck
Cons
Underpaid
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 28, 2018
Slow and easy but can always be learning something. Great staff. Great management. absolutely no benefits and no chance of advancement. great job if you're wanting to be comfortable.
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 8, 2017
never promised a pay raise after 90 days or a bonus. You are put on one floor by yourself and even if you ask for help you won't get it, or even if you tell management they won't do anything about it. They hire people with no supervisor skills and the person with the supervisor job title has no idea on what to do due to with little to no experience, If someone complains about you not doing your job get ready to be stabbed in the back.
Pros
your busy
Cons
get ready to be backstabbed
Front desk associate/Front desk manager (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKAugust 17, 2018
At first it seemed like a dream job but a short few months into working it turned into a nightmare. Within the first few months the general manager left. The replacement for the management position had no clue what she was doing! I was promoted to AGM within the time of working at this hotel. While trying to do my job to the best of my abilities the staff I managed was enraged of my position and the GM did absolutely nothing to stop the harassment the staff was putting me through.
Relaxed but slow paced and fast paced as well; depending obviously depending on day, rooms, checkouts, etc
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 21, 2017
It's a nice environment to work in. People are pretty much nice and leave you alone to do your job. They go back and make sure the rooms that you clean meet the required standard.
Pros
Discount on rooms, free room for Christmas party, understanding and forcible with hours, days off or even if you will be a little late.
Cons
Lack hours during winter, pay isnt that great, no benefits, and you cannot clock in before 9:55.
always fine something to do with you quiet time
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTDecember 3, 2018
check people in and out on the computer
Don't take what you do for granted
the management is great will to let you work an make mistakes and help you fix them
everybody Is great and friendly
is when everything slows down and you have to find something to do
meeting new people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baymont Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.