BAYONNE BOARD OF EDUCATION

BAYONNE BOARD OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

I loved working with the women in the school in which I was placed. We worked as a team at all times. The women and I were supportive to each other in and outside of the work place. We became close friends, and they remain in my heart as I live in another state.
Productive willing to advance being able to assist whenever neeed enjoyed helping out with the children in the classroom or on outdoors activities also given the opportunity to teach students new things.
Pros
Working with others
I worked as an at-will, administrative assistant for 5 years and was promoted to a contracted 12 month, salaried secretary, for two years. I was let go due budget deficits and reduction in work force. My position was eliminated.I would be very happy to return to work for them when a secretarial position opens up.
Pros
Positive work environment, paid sick/vacation days and benefits.
Cons
The only con is that I was let go for a no-fault reason.
Per dem paid once a month lie about contact. School is so so, clean 12 class rooms hallway bathrooms. Extra work if someone call out, weekends off, nice co worker lol
I enjoyed working with the kids and serving them food making sure that they ate their lunch. I'd go into work each day looking forward to start the day
Pros
Work ethics
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Surround yourself with good people and you will have a long and lasting career with many memorable moments. The students are awesome and the staff are like a second family. It is a very tight-knit school community.
Diverse population, and supportive administration. This district has an incredible staff at every school willing to help students and colleagues alike.
A school schedule is the best for raising a family, having summers off. Some of the downside is that educational professionals do not understand PT.
Pros
schedule
Cons
poor insight into therapy
I have been a substitute teacher at Bayonne high school for about three years. The staff is extremely helpful and the students are respectful. The school offers many great electives and courses.
It's a great school, I attended it. Currently just looking for something closer to where I live. There are a lot of staff members and it can be hard to connect to some because the school is so large. The hardest part are the attitudes of the students but it only takes one of them to make your day and forget about the rest.
Pros
We just received a new BTA rep which is very exciting
Cons
contract issues which will hopefully be resolved
working per diem is quite stressful, they ask much but give little. When things go wrong you have a mark against you. A person does not have much recourse if they have a problem.
A very poorly run board of education. Put the wages of those in charge before the education of the students and supplies. I need of a big change. Allowed students to do what they wanted.
To whom this may concern the Board of Education in Bayonne is a great place to work and start off if you have a career in education and want to be a future administrator, teacher, paraprofessional, guidance counselor, or school psychologist.
Pros
off in the summer
Cons
work throughout the day with no breaks
In my current time employed there I feel the administrative staff are amazing. They treat you very respectful and you feel like you are a valuable part of the staff
There are many things that I enjoy about being a teacher's assistant but the most enjoyable part is when you know that you're making a positive impact in the lives of children.
Pros
I was able to meet so many wonderful children.
Cons
Short breaks
The staff all across the board was amazing to work with. Learned a lot and was given many opportunities as an intern. Working here means a exposure to very diverse clientele.
Aide mentally disabled students with physical and educational needs – ages 14-21. Participate in students occupational and physical therapy. Assist in student classroom activities. Transport students around school. Perform any miscellaneous tasks for the students.
Working as a substitute teacher is a great experience for those looking to become a teacher. You get to work with children from K-12 and are able to teach all different subjects.
A typical day at work: I would have to call in every morning to see if any aide was absent. I would either work with a regular education class or a special education class. At times I would be the aid for the whole class or just a specific child. IF I was with a specific child I might have to follow him/her around school, depending on their needs. I might accompany him/her to the bathroom, the nurse's office, or to lunch. If I was the classroom aid or an aid for a specific child I would ALWAYS accompany them to each & every class they attend & also to any assembles/ feild trips. What did I learn: I learned how to be extra patient. Aside from how brutally honest they may be, most children are not yet old enough to be cruel. The most beautiful thing you will ever witness in a child is his or her ability to accept. Kids are often times quicker to accept different kinds of people than adults are. The hardest part of the job: Not knowing if I was going to get a chance to work. I only get to work if someone is absent. I wake up every morning not knowing what the day may bring. Every day I am with a different class, a different grade & a different school; so I would have to learn how each teacher teaches & how each child learns & their behaviors. It's a lot to handle since I work 5 days a week & I could be in a different class or school every day. I could also see up to 90 to 100 kids in those 5 days. The enjoyable part of the job: Some of the hard parts of the job can make it easy at some ponit. What I saw or did in a previous class I could use that to my advantage in a different - more...
Pros
Meeting new people, learning how to help more, Experience new things
Cons
Don't like calling in every morning wondering if I can work
I was a classroom teacher to three sixth grade classes. I worked alongside with four other teachers so being a team player was critically important towards the education of the students.
Pros
great staff and students
Cons
budget deficit
I love working for the BBOED however I am looking to further my career outside of Bayonne. I am currently working as a Teacher's Assistant in # 10 school and I love working there. Everyone is so kind and says hello.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
no lunch break workking in certain programs