Bayonne Medical Center Employee Reviews

It's Okay, not the best
Crisis Clinician/ Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJune 13, 2018
I have been working at bayonne medical center for the past 20 years, its convenient, close to home and flexible working schedule. It pays well and staff are nice
great place to work
Cardiovascular Sonography Tech Externship (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMay 9, 2018
bayonne medical center was productive and welcoming environment to work for. I also met very good people who were willing to help me and train me without judgments
Pros
free parking
Cons
only externship
Busy
Front Office Manager/Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJApril 16, 2018
Working for Carepoint has its ups and downs. If it weren't for my management team, I don't think I would have stayed with the company for this long. The management with this company is so supportive and understanding that they make the work bearable. If there were room for growth i would probably have a better review. Some of the other workers from different depts in the facility seem so angry daily it gives off a really bad vibe and that can leave a terrible effect to other staff and patients. Again, if it weren't for my managers in my particular dept, I definitely wouldn't stay working for Carepoint.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No room for growth
great place to work
Patient Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMarch 12, 2018
Great place to work, awesome environment, I worked with very great coworkers. The hospital always did everything to make us feel comfortable and went the extra mile.
lacking of mangagement,
Histotechnician (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJNovember 21, 2017
the hospital was restructuring at the time of my employment, but got to receive training in mohs, started procedures in immune chemistry,
Communications was not up to part.
xray
Radiologic Technologist/ Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJNovember 19, 2017
the people working here have been there for over 10 years. they are all lazy and will let you the new person take all the work which can be frustrating.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJOctober 25, 2017
Ok a job we work hard for the patients and hope our patients get well. Work As a liaison between the patients and Drs. Updating all our hospital info to current
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
Mismanaged and confused
I.T. Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJOctober 24, 2017
Part of larger healthcare system BMC local management was never able to make decisions nor able to make or approve changes or budgets to bring local IT up to snuff. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
Job Summary
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJ 07002October 23, 2017
Working at Bayonne Medical Center is very stressful. The pay is low and there is no room for career advancement. With all the tasks put on one nurse you are unable to care for your patients. You spend most of your time documenting and scanning medications. You also spend time fixing mistakes that other nurses make. It is time for a career change for me.
Love working at Bayonne!
Staff Nurse/ Cardiac and Intermediate Unit (Current Employee) –  bayonne new jerseySeptember 4, 2017
Very friendly hospital. Small hospital but people have have huge hearts! Team work all the way! Amazing manager and coworkers! Everyone knows everyone so it feels at home.

Want to know more about Bayonne Medical Center?

Ask a question
Productive and satisfying
RN (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJuly 29, 2017
The management was very helpful in getting things accomplished. Staff was helpful in orientation and duration of work. People were nice to work with. Would definitely work there again.
Challenges
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJuly 4, 2017
Everyday Challenges I was always improving on my Nursing skills due to the patient population. I never got bored nor felt I was under appreciated. The staff and management worked as a team.
Pros
appreciative
Cons
staffing
n/a
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMay 12, 2017
I have been an employee with carepoint @ Bayonne Medical for two years and have had no type of advancement. I have worked two days a week for two years. Not enough income to care for my family
Bmc
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJApril 3, 2017
I went to school through this hospital. Staff was always friendly and they were overworked but even as a nursing student they were so helpful and I learned so much in school and working here.
Pros
staff
Cons
under staffed
Typical Health Care Facility
Admitting Clerk / Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMarch 25, 2017
Bayonne Medical Center was a typical medical hospital that served numerous patients for multiple tests throughout the facility. BMC's management was good to a point. If they had some beef with you, you better watch out.
Pros
Great Employees
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMarch 9, 2017
I was able to be a support system for doctors,nurses and other staff with every day tasks. I learned how to work as a team during my time at Bayonne Medical Center. I was also able to build on my nursing career and learned a lot about what the staff as a whole does in a hospital.
Great Hospital
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJFebruary 15, 2017
I have volunteered here for four years and I loved every second of it. I have been able to gain experience in many parts of the hospital, from patient filing to patient care. Everyone here has such a positive attitude.
A bit like being in highschool.
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJFebruary 7, 2017
The employees form clicks and management reinforced this behavior.
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Everyone thinks they are a boss! History repeating itself again. Typical nurse eating their young.
Flaky job situation persistently
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJDecember 30, 2016
I'm a dietitian who sees patients daily and provides diet education. Department is not always cooperative mostly with recent management that has left.
Gained experience from in and outpatients.
Working with same FTE given a busier workload and no coverage is challenging some days.
Co-workers - not all are cooperative within department itself or not always initially friendly to new employees as I once was myself.
Cannot clock in earlier than 6 minutes to start of shift, nor can clock out past 5 minutes post shift. Staff can get written up even 1 minute late clocking in or out.
Raises are poor some years just .5% for the year.
401K sucks just 1% match.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
poor raise, vacation sick benefits difficult to take at times
small community hospital
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJDecember 6, 2016
ICU NPR (nurse-patient ratio) 1:3
Charge nurse with no patient.
I learned how to document electronically
Management are aproachable
Co-wokers are mostly seniors, family oriented.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with equipment that don't work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with our clients that are mostly part of the Bayonne community, close net.
Pros
receive many treats from vendors, families and MDs
Cons
floating, short staff