BAYSHORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Great pace to work.
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJApril 11, 2018
Family oriented environment. Everyone is friendly, dedicated, caring and team player. Team members are continuously educated with skills and policies needed to keeping a safe environment for patients and team members.

Team members are extremely caring with patients and co-workers.
typical day at work
Medical Technology (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMarch 30, 2018
Staffing can be somewhat sparse.work load increase per year.all errors committed by secretaries, nurses ,techs are noted on the computer.night tech also tries to do early work load of days.
Pros
salary
Cons
staffing
Bch
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 19, 2018
flexible with scheduling, learned a lot, co-workers were great, management was caring, culture was friendly and worked with you if something came up in life- understanding
productive place to work for
Access Services Representative, (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJDecember 13, 2017
after bayshore was taken over by meridiian, management changed.. patients were like family and most of the staff was good. on a whole it was a good environment to be in.
Pros
excellent beneifits
Cons
management
Lovely place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 19, 2017
I love my team and cowrokers. Frequent training to keep our skills new. Culture awareness to bring together the care of the patients. Safety is a priority.
Good learning experience.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 17, 2017
Unfortunately due to a personal health issue I had to leave. Worked very well with coworkers. I enjoyed my time there. Stressful at times. Need more staff to take care of patients effectively.
Pros
good salary
Cons
stressfull due to understaffing
Great hospital, great care!
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 4, 2017
Bayshore Community Hospital is a wonderful work environment with great benefits, great people, and great care. An advancing hospital that just recently became part of the Hackensack-Meridian system.
Senior Special Procedures Technologist
Senior Special Procedures Technologist (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJAugust 13, 2017
I was a per-diem employee
Pros
First line managers have all been great, Opportunities to move around within the company, Health Insurance and other benefits like tuition reimbursement
Cons
Work/Life balance
Best experience ever
Ventilator Unit Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMay 24, 2017
Medical nutrition therapy is the foundation to prevent and potentially, reverse, all dis-eases.
I find clinical nutrion management to be challenging, with Performance Improvement Plans, monthly Quarterly Assessments, and monthly weight reports... it is stressful because I prefer to have quality nutrition care on a personal level with my patients. I do deliver the fore-mentioned plans, but prefer consultation on a simple, one-on-one nutrition education basis. Most people simply need instruction on food label reading, shopping, menu-planning, etcetera. Compliance is another issue. I am trained in eating behavioral compliance, as well as clinical care.
Not a good place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMarch 7, 2017
BCHS was a great place to work when I first started, but when Meridian took over and became political. The Meridian administration does not care about their employees. They will fire anyone at any time.
very good work place
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMarch 6, 2017
Bay shore Community Hospital is very good hospital.it is very good work place and my supervisor is very good i am so happy it is good working place it is better place.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 9, 2017
Love the job culture. Employees are really nice but salary is low. Good benefits though . Management is very nice. Good opportunities to grown. Could be a better place but the pay is low
Enjoying everything about my work
Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJAugust 27, 2016
Working in a Pathology Lab. is not a work...is a Party time! I have the best co-workers, the best Pathologist, the best secretaries, and the best boos. Every day I'm learning something else
Pros
The best Pathology Team
Cons
I'm working just part time
misleading
Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJApril 26, 2016
too top heavy management does not care for employees very hard to get days off

Employees work hard to care for the patients but management cares very little for employees no matter what good you do but do one thing wrong and get written up
Cons
long hours standing can never get requested days off
Phlebotomists Technician (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 30, 2016
Its great working with Bayshore Community Hospital.Honestly I have experienced much working with this giant firm.Pretty much a typical day as any other facility would involve attaining to patients,drawing their blood samples and transporting it to their respective labs.Checking on residents day to day activities and many more.However based on the facility management,I would give them credits for aspect in which the value time and respect their clients and patients.Also the relationship with coworkers is a potential aspect which is why I believe keeps them moving on.The difficult part is when you are assigned with couple of patients to get their blood sampels,and on a fast time paste.The best part of this job are the benefits which comes with it like health insurance,paid time off.etc
Cons
consistent
Transporting Patients
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJuly 7, 2015
Taking guest to different test sites
Amazing working environment
Loved interacting with the guest and making them feel a little better about there day
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not being able to do more
Can be rewarding
Social Worker-Nursing Home (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJune 6, 2015
A typical work day is always extremely busy, there's a lot of demanding patient and family contact which is always rewarding. The hardest part of the job is family members not visiting their loved one. The most enjoyable is always watching the geriatric residents enjoy themselves as much as they can.
Pros
taking with the residents
Cons
not enough family interaction
Great COMUNITY hospital
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMarch 28, 2015
My experience here before all was the most humbling experience. Working in the healthcare industry is tough. You have to have a strong heart to experience situations that others are going through, and let me tell you, it might not be your loved one, but is hard to see the pain in others. At the same time it helps you realize how grateful you should be. From the cafeteria to the Chief Operating Officer, they are all very nice, and they sincerely care about team work. We are talking about more than 10 departments trying to work together and run things smooth for the best of their patients.

Being short staff is a challenge specially when HR has a long process due to company regulations on hiring someone and it really puts a lot of pressure on others specially managers
Pros
team work, familiy environment, decent insurance
Cons
short breaks, short staff, large volume of work
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMarch 19, 2015
Bayshore is a great place to work but the people make the environment bad. To much you scratch my back I'll scratch yours.
Pros
tuition assistance is great
Cons
upper management
They expect a lot without giving much in return
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 3, 2015
They expect your family to be second. You have no room for advancement. They work with a skeleton crew and while making everything your fault.

It's not the worst company to work for but I have a lot of difficulty working for any company that looks at their employees as though "We should be grateful we have a job."