I think that if the suggested changes on the above question are fulfilled then Bayshore will make a considerable change in the quality of patient care. The staff (non-management) have potential for achievement and recognition of national accrediting organizations.
Not long at all maybe 2 to 3 days.
1) FIRST****...I would improve the technology to have live patient vitals fed to into uptodate hand-held devices and make it available to ALL health care staff.
2) Provide smart decises with biometric technology that interact with each other, and make it available to ALL health care provers (nurses, physicians, respiratory technicians, risk management, quality control, PHARMACY, LAB): iphones for nurses, interactive IV-pumps (so that fluid administration is transferred over to patient profile for intake monitoring), ipads for physicians and charge nurses, live telemetry feed to patient profiles, interactive live feed of MAR with patient profiles, interactive live feed of medication orders + pixys + pharmacy + labs + microbiology + ventilators + telemetry + vitals + IV pumps + Intake & Output + ETCO2 continuous for ventilated patients + dialysis machines + CRRT machines.
3) Change culture to focus on patient safety rather than charting all the information listed on #1 & #2
4) ENSURE appropriate availability of medications for all patients as prescribed by physicians
5) Reduce the nurse to patient ratio of IMCU from 1:6 to 1:4
6) Provide telemetry live feed to patient profiles
7) Increase lab staff to cover STAT orders
8) Implement a Rapid response team designated to respond to RAPID ALERTS and CODE BLUE alerts only
9) Implement a closed ICU... "pulmonologist" immediate unavailability is unsafe for critical patients
10) Post expected behavior of guests all around the hospital
11) Ensure availability of necessary equipment and supplies for patient care
12) Prohibit use of personal cell phones (unless in the break room) by all staff
13) Prohibit transfer of critical care patients during shift change (1800-1900 & 0600-0700) for patient safety
14) Require use of hemodynamic monitoring for patients on vasopressor drips.
15) Prohibit the use/management/access of arterial and central lines by staff other than registered nurses
16) Implement a nurse + physician driven quality control auditing system/team for physician's actions/inactions/effectiveness of care with authoritative power
17) Hire management staff and directors with quality experience in the unit in which they are hired to manage/direct (as in >3 years of management-not charge nurse- work experience) with appropriate education of Masters degree in nursing PLUS certifications associated with the unit they're supposed to manage/direct.
18) Increase tec support at all units (for patient turning, and hygiene)
19) Limit guests at ICU waiting room (it's constantly overcrowded with children and people blocking hallways)
20) Require physician rounding for ICU patients at multidisciplinary-rounding time DAILY (as in ALL physicians involved in the case, NOT JUST ICU PHYSICIAN)
The work environment among staff is positive, however the limited/outdated technology drives the culture to focus on manual data input of necessary data (patient vitals, intake and output, telemetry, etc). The biometric systems currently used don't even interact with each other, and the result affects pharmacy, lab, everything!
You accrue PTO based upon the number of hours worked during a pay period up to a maximum of 40 hours worked per week. Most employees at full-time status will accrue 7.69 hours of PTO per pay period if they work a full 80 hours per pay period. The PTO with HCA does not expire but is saved in a PTO bank so it can carry over each year.
There is a maximum number of hours you can save and you also have the option of cashing out some PTO if you are near this maximum or any other time as long as you leave the minimum requirement.
The longer you work for HCA, the higher the PTO accrual rate and PTO bank maximum.
Answered by Bayshore Medical Center - Pasadena
Under staffed, barely any supplies, expected to do the work of 2 people
La manera de conseguir una entrevista es someter una aplicasion de empleo en la que usted califica para la pocision.
Do u enjoy working as a team player? I have been asked to help other departments and have never had an issue doing so. It's a great way to learn new things.