Baystate Health Employee Reviews

Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 16, 2019
Baystate Great place to work. The leadership, and staff creates a environment that facilitates growth and develop of all staff. I would recommend this company to anyone. great place to work.
It was a job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 14, 2019
Perfer manufacturing ,working at ghe hospital wasn't for me,i usually work were its more competitive,more difficult jobs,like hard works,wasn't the ideal job for me
Depressing place
RSA II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 11, 2019
no benefits, low pay, # of hours per week unpredictable
I worked in food services - the patients were wonderful, I learned a lot from them, always short staffed, supervisors had favorites who were given get hours and were no asked to do much
Many experiences to be had
Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 9, 2019
As a teaching facility, there are so many different experiences to have as a staff person that it would take years to become bored. There are many opportunities to expand your knowledge base as a staff person and work in whatever area interests you most.
Middle management is a different story. The hospital does promote from within which is a bonus in that you know your crew. The hardest part is learning the technical "management" aspects. There is no real education for new managers on how to navigate such things as HR or budgets. If you are able to connect with a strong mentor, you'll have no worries, but if you don't, the day to day tasks can be frustrating.
I've learned from my experiences here is that you are never to old to learn and it is in everyone's best interest to keep up on changes and progress in your discipline. Know your business!
Pros
positive patient experiences, many learning opportunities
Cons
trying to have too many different disciplines under one director
Large health care system with many opportunities
Massachusetts (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MassachusettsMarch 19, 2019
This is a large urban health care system that expands beyond hospital care. With an environment that extends to out-patient and urgent care treatment, there is a wide variety of job opportunities.
you are a number not a human
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 13, 2019
though i loved what i did it was terrible management and compassion you are a number and all they care about is what you can do more for them to make $
Interventional Radiology is the WORST department EVER
Interventional Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 7, 2019
The IR team at Baystate has the worst team player mentality than any place I have EVER been employed at. The managers are well aware and don’t change a thing! If I were you I would stay as far away from that department as you possibly can!!
Cons
Team work, managers only care about the budget
Typical day
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 25, 2019
Getting my patient out of bed washed up, taking out central lines and transferring to Tele floor. Waiting for open heart surgery patient to admit. Days were extremely busy.
Good Job experiance
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 23, 2019
Baystate allowed me the opportunity to grow and gain experience , through interacting with coworkers and patients. It allowed me character build, problem solving and time management among building great relationships.
Pros
Learned many good quality skills and built good relationships wtih patients, coworkers and providers
Cons
Need a better lunch room.
Good career choice but very busy place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 22, 2019
It was great to work there. Great people, friendly co- workers and they have special events for the hard working employees. Managers are alright at sometimes understanding your situation but this place is a fast paced and doesn't hesitate to fire people.
Emergency Department
Operation Associate in the emergency room (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 19, 2019
Is mostly intense work but manageable, but if you like a fast pace setting this is the place to be. Management is great! The hardest part of the job is the loss of a patient, no matter what the age is.
benefits
Cons
Not enough breaks, cafeteria food and healthcare prices are not great
Good hospital
surgical tech first assist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 5, 2019
This is a good place to work. I currently work in the CVOR, I like the variety I had at Hartford Hospital. I worked for many specialties in the OR there.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
work life balance
Pediatric ER department had lovely group of staff members
Staff RN/Pediatric Emergency Room-ENPC AND PALS (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 4, 2019
Hardest part of job for me was the 12 hour plus shifts. Also the every other weekend and holidays. Not a good work/life balance for me. Wspecially because I worked 11am to 1130pm.
Positive and fun workplace
Manager, Rehabilitation Services (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 31, 2019
I had a great experience working at BayState, and worked with a class group of co-workers, we were more like a family. I worked along side of a very good management team and enjoyed the CEO and how he operated the business.
Not many happy employees
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MA 01199January 30, 2019
Pay is relatively competitive but benefits leave much to be desired - employees gouged with exceedingly high out-of-pocket expenses, co-pays and deductibles.
experience
Medical Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 2, 2019
This is a teaching hospital, great place to learn but no real longevity .
I would recommend this place for internships\experience but not full time\permanent.
Just and Fair
Trauma Emergency Room Registrar / Finance Rep (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 26, 2018
Baystate Heath has become Home away from Home every one working together to make the mission statement possible to improve a better serving Hospital to our community.
Poorly managed hospital system with incompetent managers
Physician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 25, 2018
Highly malignant organization. Management is inefficient with lots of people in high level positions who probably should t be there. Patient care is secondary to profit with little clinical time to properly address patient concerns. Mediocre benefits
Pros
Good clinical experience
Cons
Lack of respect and resources to do job
fast paced
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 13, 2018
I don't feel I could advance at the company. There is a lot of miscommunication between managers and staff. Baystate does offer great benefits such as insurance auto life and etc.
Benefits
Cons
Managment
Wonderful coworkers
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 12, 2018
A great place to work with many opportunities for advancement and great benefits. The company is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Can be stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baystate Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight