Baystate Health

Baystate Health Employee Reviews for Custodian

Baystate Health insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Productive job

I was working part time there while I was in school, but you can find a better position they will pay you very well. The mangement was very friendly and I really liked to be there.

What you learned

I’ve learned a numerous amount of things. Everything from cleanliness to patient care. Making sure everyone is comfortable and feeling safe. An amazing experience

Pros

Helping people in need

Cons

Over worked underpaid

Not a great place

The management in some areas really suck they choose what people they’ll like to pick on and continue until it mentally drains them, there is no sense of inclusion and make you feel like you have to bow down to their needs because you’re lower than them. No chance of advancement every time I showed interest in advancing I was given a write up for every minor reason without it being properly looked into I would not recommend this area to be a part of a stepping stone if you’re looking for a good work environment

It was a job

Perfer manufacturing ,working at ghe hospital wasn't for me,i usually work were its more competitive,more difficult jobs,like hard works,wasn't the ideal job for me

fast paced

I don't feel I could advance at the company. There is a lot of miscommunication between managers and staff. Baystate does offer great benefits such as insurance auto life and etc.

Benefits

Cons

Managment

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Decent pay.

The department was ran by by Compass through a contract. Managers moved all around and they're always on your back. The pay is good as long as you be firm about the amount you want in the interview. They tell you that you can't move up within a year but people have. They try to make you do other peoples work. Baystate alone is a great place to work, but the departments ran by Compass had horrible managment.

Pros

Pay, Hours, Benefits, Discounts, ability to move up

Cons

Management was bad, low on staff so you do extra work

Great place to work.

Lots of room to move up. A lot of different paths one can take here. Job security!! All different types of jobs and hours/shifts make it a great place to find what fits you

Professional place to work.

Managers were always understanding and accommodated all my needs to best of their abilities. The employees were always professional and I enjoyed working there.

Pros

Great benefits, great pay

Cons

productive and always-changing environment including service positions

I have been in the env services dept for 4 years. A typical workday/worknight consists of coming in, signing in and confirming any schedule changes and gathering supplies to get the cart ready. My job entails I follow a general workflow allowing for changes usually due to an influx in patients leaving as that is a priority. Management is consistent and always trying to implement new techniques and products. The hardest part is trying to get out of the dept into another within the hospital. The most enjoyable is getting to know the patient care professionals from techs to nurses who tend to walk around like gods here-- once they know you your job gets a lot easier on the tough nights. We all work together here.

Pros

good pay, hard workers, diversity

Cons

getting out of a dept with no degree, lack of food service at night, parking garage is a death trap

Productive and challenging work environment.

On a typical day I would clean patient rooms. I learned that working in the E.R is not an easy task. Management had a lot of favoritism and incosideration. My co-workers were amazing and trained me well. Hardest part of the job was seeing people die, and the most enjoyable part was helping them through a tough time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baystate Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Baystate Health with

Baystate Health Reviews by Location

Career recommendations for Custodian

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Baystate Health