BB&T Employee Reviews

Found 2,147 reviews matching the search See all 2,155 reviews
Hard working
Branch Banker I (Current Employee) –  Manchester, PANovember 18, 2018
If you are looking to work hard every day on sales, paperwork filing and customer service; then this is the job for you. It is a lot to juggle and is very difficult at times. There is a lot of pressure on sales even though they preach a consultative "relationship based" sales program.
Pros
Decent benefits package including a pension
Cons
Extremely sales based, inconsistent management
Bb&t
Phone 24 Customer Service Rep I (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 17, 2018
My Job is a pretty good Job. Its a great place to make a career out of. There are some things that could be done differently but I try to adapt as much as possible. The Culture is big on making sure we give the client a Perfect Experience. Management can however be more thorough with helping associates succeed.
Poor Leadership
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 17, 2018
It does not matter how good of an employee you are, if you're not one of the "picks" from leadership, you truly have no chance at success. The leadership will nit pick the employees that aren't part of "the team" until they quit. (Happened to me ) The company is a great company, but I do not recommend collections for any of the faint hearted. Leadership will tell you to do something, and then come back and tell you that you did it incorrectly. All around, poor leadership.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership
Good Job Overall
Community Branch Banker II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2018
Considering everything it is a good place to work. The traffic varies with time. You are working with a tie. Bankers most of the time wear suits so not a bad deal. You get your hour lunch everyday.
Pros
Do not work on saturdays
Cons
No overtime
Messy Workplace Enviroment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 11, 2018
I've worked in two different BB&T locations in two different states hey were both terrible. The "Prefect Client Experience" should extend to everyone not just clients.
Excellent work environment.
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 10, 2018
Excellent management, great team of Tellers. I truly enjoyed working there. Great workplace culture, everyone professional but kind, also, and always willing to work with you to achieve results. Enjoyed meeting clients and working through transactions. I would highly recommend working at BB&T.
Productive place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCNovember 9, 2018
I enjoyed the fast pace environment. The office floor was more so a call center, making mainly outbound calls. I enjoyed the fact that we did the underwriting for the loan as well as placed the call. This cut down turn out time for the customer.
Always able to advance
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 8, 2018
They usually try to hire from within. In my area people quit often die to the very bad staffing policies. Due to that fact, Many position com open and promotions happen.
The company has deviated from its prior beliefs and values
Lender (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2018
Current leadership has transitioned the organization from one that was loved by employees to one of a "hostile" work environment. You are only as good as the numbers you produce. They have cut back on staffing levels in order to create efficiencies, but this only leaves more work for everyone else without the resources to accomplish the expected outcomes.
Pros
Solid Vision, Mission
Cons
Unrealistic Expectations based on anticipated changes that are slooooow to materialize
Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hull, GANovember 6, 2018
Responsible for cash deposits,drawer balances, and daily cash handling,conducted on and offsite sales promotions and giveaways,customer service,served as atm and drive Thur teller.
Pros
Nice coworker
One of my better experiences as a teller
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 6, 2018
Management was top-notch. Typical day was processing customers' transactions and balancing cash drawer. Co workers were easy to get along with and made the work day go by quickly.
Pros
good benefits. Great people.
This is not the company it was when I was hired
Branch vault teller (Current Employee) –  Northern VANovember 5, 2018
Sadly we were notified today that the previous lunch beaks of 1 hour will be reduced to 30 minutes Also someone remote person is now doing scheduling
Pros
None to consider today
Cons
Disengaged management, don't live up to core values
this job was at the arena not bank
part time event crew (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 5, 2018
this was an events job at the arena not the bank
we set up for the shows, events , we did check in with bags and we also ushered the events. the uniform as ok. the discounts were really good and the people were nice
Pros
shows
Cons
no cons
Need better staffing for branches
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 5, 2018
Great company to work for. However, they need better staffing options. Leaving one teller behind the teller line to do all the work is not an adequate way to run a business. They need to hire more people at a faster rate especially when the training process takes a month (literally) before the new employee can even make it onto the floor to assist clients.
Horrible Bank
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  FLNovember 2, 2018
The most horrible bank to work for in Florida! Management is uninformed and uncaring. They have the most antiquated operating system. A customer has to write a counter check to withdraw cash if not using an ATM. An experienced Banker must get approval from their Audit coach to make routine changes to a customers' account.
Love this environment.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 1, 2018
I have worked at this company for about three months. It truly is a great company to work for. The career advancement is hard because everyone loves their job so no one wants to leave.
Good Place
Community Branch Banker II (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 31, 2018
BB&T is a great company to gain experience with. the values and environment is like a family. they are one of the top paying banks in the area. unfortunately for me personally i am being under paid especially for the amount of work i do (going above what i am expected due to being short staffed) overall the benefits are great and the company offers great extended learning programs.
Mortgage Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 31, 2018
BB&T gave the opportunity to process mortgage loans for years. I desired to move into underwriting which is why I left. Without the skills I learned there, I never would have been able to do it.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Very Busy work Day
Branch Banker II (Current Employee) –  Kill Devil Hills, NCOctober 26, 2018
Good place to work. Must be willing to keep training. Also,cross training is a must do to staffing shortages.
Customer Service is the key. Always that the clients for banking with Bb&T.
Pros
Friendly Clients
Cons
Short staff
BB&T is a wonderful company that cares for its employees.
Regional Insurance Strategist - (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 25, 2018
I enjoy the people I work with and the corporate culture, mission and values.
The company truly cares about our clients and the community and is always there to lend a helping hand in difficult times due to natural disasters.
Pros
Very concerned about employee satisfaction with the work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight