BB&T Employee Reviews

Growth Mindset Employee Development
Branch Banker IV (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 20, 2018
BB&T is a great place to work and constantly encourages the employees to grow as individuals in order to be a productive team mate. Could approve the set up of the management chain.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
only 30min break
Great company with poor management
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMay 20, 2018
BB&T in general is a great company with good benefits. The direct management isn't very good though. The schedules aren't always given out in a timely manner either. The clients were great once they got to know who you were.
Challenging, exciting, fun working environment
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 20, 2018
Team-players, cordial/helpful co-workers, Employee Appreciation, Advancement Opportunities; Enjoyed assisting customers, explaining bank products, and resolving their issues/concerns.
Overall Decent Company
Unknown (Former Employee) –  UnknownMay 19, 2018
This is a good company to work for, however, certain regions and upper management do not value skill or ability. This makes it hard to advance. Advancement is based upon those who fit the look that is desired.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Upper Management
good paying job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCMay 19, 2018
even though this was a short lived job, I did enjoy it. the customers called in with all sorts of problems and I was more than happy to help them with.
Pros
the money was great
Cons
lying to customers
Exceptional Values
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 19, 2018
In a world where financial service companies are constantly in the news for negative (sometimes even fraudulent) activities... BB&T is a lighthouse into the darkness - built on good positive values that allow them to put their clients first.
Pros
Positive values, Positive Culture, Client Focused
Cons
Financial Analysts should put more weight on strong values vs just bottom line dollars
Great and friendly bank
Recognized as the Top Certified teller (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAMay 18, 2018
BB&T is a friendly bank. It takes care of its customers in a professional way. Its pay rate is pretty well. It has an excellent training program that helps its employees succeed in their career.
Schedule and Culture
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2018
Because the schedule was inconsistent, it is difficult to plan around kid events and vacations. To get promoted takes years of dedication and not 12 months as they stated. Management appears to make decisions as they see fit instead of going with the policy.
I hated it
Certified Teller (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMay 16, 2018
BB&T corporate office cares nothing for their employees at all. They only care about the bottom dollar. I would never go back to work for them for that simple reason alone.
Stressful place
Production Associate I (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 16, 2018
I worked for this company for awhile with overtime quite frequent. The overall moral was terrible due to very poor management and favoritism and nepotism. They have great benefits and I truly hope every department isn’t like that. Before I left the place was quite depressing.
Pros
Healthcare 401k and your birthday off
Cons
Lack of good management

Want to know more about BB&T?

Ask a question
Good Benefits, low career advancement
VP, Financial Analysis Manager, BCS (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2018
- Does not invest in employees for potential career growth, good benefits. Too much micro management from the top. No strategic vision at the top. Penny wise, pound foolish - lack of investments being made in the businesses
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
lack of career advancement
If you like dealing with money, then that's your place!
Peak-time Teller (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 15, 2018
A bank is a wonderful place to learn how to more efficiently and effectively handle and deal with money, especially large sums. It was while working at BB&T that I learned how to count and accurately large stacks of money.
Good transitional employment
PC Installation Tech Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 14, 2018
I wouldn't consider the company as a whole honest, but there are many nice people. Mixed bag, more sales minded people than actual customer first mentality.
Return Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 14, 2018
Find fraud checks , figure out the missing account numbers and redeposit check. Fast pace good working enviroment. Daily I would review checks that had problems due to having made up digits.
Pros
Good Mangement
Cons
Morning and night ours
Not Terrible
Bank Secrecy Act Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 13, 2018
BB&T is not a terrible place to work if you are in the right location. I am in southeastern NC and we are severely micromanaged and work in horrible offices (practically a warehouse style with no natural light and no updating for some time). Its difficult to move up unless you know the right people, are follow the beaten path. It seems to be frowned upon for marching to your own beat even when you still accomplish the work. Although I agree with the company culture as a whole, I do not care for the environment I am in.
Cons
Micromanagement
fun workplace
Telephone Banker (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 12, 2018
i love working here at bb&t it is very nice place to work . Their is a vision that most places dont have that bb&t carries . they actually care about their employees.
Very stable company to work for
Branch banker team leader (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 11, 2018
Been working here for almost 6 years and worked hard. Just recently got promoted to team leader and I love it. Great place to work. Vacation starts with 10 days. Goes up to 15 after 5 years. 10 sick days per year. Plus 10 holidays. Plus you get your birthday off.
Pros
Job advancement
Cons
Could have more back up staff when others are out sick or on Vacation
great place to work
BRANCH BANKER III (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company because they have a great business culture and have an extensive training program. Have great benefits for employees
Mid-level career disappointed
Risk Management Administration (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 9, 2018
The culture was one of the things that I most enjoyed about the company and is the reason that I joined 10 years ago; however, recently the culture promoted from up top feels more and more like pure propaganda. Culture via motivational Facebook post; "Be Positive!", and things of that nature. Management has become more and more political, with extremely qualified people constantly passed over for friends of the hiring manager with no relevant experience. It's quickly becoming a "not what you know, but who you know" company and I don't want to be a part anymore.
Pros
Strong risk management culture
Cons
Political management/hiring
bad place to work at
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 8, 2018
bad management, inadequate pay, unfriendly environment, lack of incentive or rewards for hard work, short staffed always, lack of communication between management and staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.