BB&T Employee Reviews

Found 2,071 reviews matching the search See all 2,079 reviews
Good company who main goal is the provide outstanding support to its client base.
Network Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 23, 2018
Provide network support for over 3,500 remote location. Responsible Incident management - restoring service to our Lines of Businesses and to our clients in a timely manner. Monitor over 400 Key channel applications.Close group of analyst who display good teamwork and getting service restore ASAP.
Pros
close nit group, teamwork
Cons
N/a
Dont ever get sick
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 21, 2018
I worked for BB&T and was terminated for attendance. I did not call in but rather would put in for voluntary time off and was granted the request on the days, however at BB&T they consider those as chargeable absences and I was let go over it. All of my voluntary request were due to my health but you do not qualify for FMLA for a year. The week I was fired so were about 10 others for the same reason. If I am requesting to not get paid then that should be my decision. Best of luck if you go to BB&T but they will fire you with no regard to your health or reasoning.
Pros
Pay, ability to work overtime
Cons
job security
Present (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2018
This job is mainly about customer service. Servicing clients is the most important handling their financial needs and cash deposits, withdrawals, payments, etc. It's a great company if you would like to grow in banking and are comfortable with sales.
Bb&t
Lead and manage the kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLSeptember 20, 2018
I still work here for 5 yrs now . I run my own kitchen in the suites. I would recommend others to this job. This is an exciting place to work because of all the events and concerts.
locations
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 19, 2018
not much for advancement, management can sometimes not have your back. If you get to know a good group teamwork will come into play. Saturdays can be rotated
Pros
good teammats
Cons
not a lot of advancement
Great Institution
Commercial Banker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Great Bank, it does not pay very much but it is conducive for growth. the benefits are great, and their mission is lived every day. Great place to learn and grow.
Pros
growth and mission
Cons
low paid compared to market.
It was good
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 19, 2018
This location was a nice place to work at, it was very close to my home, too bad that the location was closed, and only management got transferred to other locations close by...
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Office location closed
Great coworkers, terrible management
Branch Banker I (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 19, 2018
This is a sales job with no commission. The pressure is high and the praise is fleeting. My manager was unorganized and petty. Managers are often late to work.
Great environment
Bank Teller I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
typically a regular day at my location is actually beyond slow at the certain parts of the day. You must memorize all concepts and also ask questions everyone is all friendly
productive and fun place to work
Branch Banker Team Leader II (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 19, 2018
meeting client needs financially and changing lives of clients.
Training by the company is inevitable, they train you very well
Management have the employees best interest at heart.
Highly diversified workforce help to meet each section of clients needs
Pros
401k matches
Cons
systems are too old
Private Wealth Advisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
BB&T is a great company. It is a values driven company with room for advancement and growth. Founded in 1872, BB&T prides itself in being a community bank.
Pros
Skip
Cons
Skip
Love bb&t
Branch Banker Team Leader I (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work. Had pension plan as well as 401k. I worked there for more than 20 years and loved it. I worked most of it in the insurance sector of BB&T and the remainder of the time in banking.
Branch Banker Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2018
A company that believes in their mission and mske sure that the employees as well believe in the mission. At BBT we live our mission and value promise to our clients
Pros
They have hours are good, Value Driven
Cons
Need to be more modern with other banks.
Corporate environment driven by financial security and regulations
Risk Control Consultant (Insurance) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 16, 2018
Limited professional growth in my sector of the Insurance Division. Required to meet both the Insurance and Banking terchnical training which detracts from time with clients.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Over regulation and mico management
Great job to have
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NCSeptember 15, 2018
Great overall with no complaining. Love waking up going to my job and doing my very best to help all clients. Wowing our clients with PCE. Win them over we cant be beat.
Pros
discounts, beneifts, overtime
Cons
Hour lunches, 10 min breaks every 2 hours
Great Culture
Branch Manager III (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Great place to work, Great culture, Employer care about employees. They really embrace the community banking role model. Top management have an open door policy. They listen and help employees and clients.
Fast-paced workplace
CSR/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 14, 2018
Excellent job if you like to stay very busy. You learn something new practically everyday with this industry. It is a lot to remember but can be very rewarding.
Pros
Paid education
Cons
Stress
Great Company
Human Systems Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 14, 2018
Working at BB&T is one of the best decisions in my career. I have learned so much from financial poll and procedures. along with the joy I get from helping our clients achieve their Financial Goals/dreams.
Business Support to office of CEO (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Productive environment, sometimes family oriented culture. Very relaxed but conducive place to work. A place where you can implement new ideas if given the opportunity.
Pros
Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Nothing Negative
The is a big bank
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA 30005September 11, 2018
They were very pushy with sales. The sales part didn't bother me. It was the lack of support that I didn't like. I did not receive a welcome feeling from other employees the day I started. I feel like some employees were trying to get rid of me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss