BB&T Employee Reviews

Found 1,953 reviews matching the search See all 1,960 reviews
A company with great values
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2018
Great pay and benefits. Operating hours are good. Value based driven company. Great opportunity to move up in the company, mentors available for various job roles.
Great Place to Work
Mail room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 16, 2018
The staff was very accommodating. I enjoyed my job and my coworkers. BB&T makes you feel like you are a part of a family striving to help the organization excel.
You had better like Ayn Rand
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCJuly 12, 2018
If you like a company driven by Libertarians, you will fit in here. Extremely conservative, religious invocations before every meeting, very rigid processes and thinking.
Very much driven by internal small town NC politics. For the most part, people could be nice to your face, but lots of gossip and backbiting occurred. Certain folks got away with doing anything, even not performing their jobs, and others picked up slack and got no credit, or worse, sniped on by the slackers.

If you want to go back to 1959, work here. And don't be "different".
Pros
lots of praying
Cons
forced to contribute to PACs you may or not agree wtih
Encouraging Workplace
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 11, 2018
BB&T is an awesome company to work for. The only reason I am considering another job is to move closer to home and currently BB&T has no openings in my hometown.
Not Interested in giving a review
Wealth Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 10, 2018
Not Interested in giving a review. Thought it would be different and a good career move. No flexibility, Head of company has great vision, not true with management below.
Pros
Thought it would be a good career
Cons
Not Flexible
Ok
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2018
Great benefits, not competitive salary. There is job stability (not a lot of lay offs) but there is a lot of favoritism and not many opportunities for advancement.
Very good place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
This is a great company that I would recommend to anyone. i learned a lot and worked with very intelligent and competent employees. Very good place to work.
Great Place to work at
Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2018
I truly felt valued working for BB&T Investments. Always looking for best interest. Not a lot of opportunities to advance. Management was always looking out for their employees.
Pros
working at uptown Charlotte
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Great place to work, excellent pay and career without degree
Community Branch Banker (Teller) (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 5, 2018
BB&T pays about $3 more per hour than any other bank, great place to work for that reason and very easy job to learn. I love working here and love our customers but sometimes it is a very stressful job and most of the time short staffed. Upper management won’t hire another person for what ever reason and customers are angry most of time. Manager also can’t seem to get the team on one accord. Other than that benefits are great, you get 11 days paid vacation (get to take your birthday off paid) in first year and twice that 2-4 years, 80 sick hours and annual raises.
Pros
1 hour lunches, pay, benefits
One of the best jobs
Branch Banker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 5, 2018
BBT was a great company to work for. The hours were great and pay was fair. Management was very helpful and supportive. BBT wanted their employees to suceed.
Best Culture
Branch Banker (Current Employee) –  Socastee, SCJuly 5, 2018
Enjoyed working at BB&T bank. The branch at worked at for over five years treated me like family. At times it can be stressful because of the lack of help, however like any other job you will face the same obstacles.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Understaff
This a great company to work for.
Desktop Support Technician I (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 4, 2018
This a great company for growth in a fast paced industry. The work environment is balanced for your work and personal life. You are given the skills needed to do your job effectively.
Great Benefits and Culture
I.T. Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 4, 2018
BB&T has top notch leadership who truly believe their employees are their greatest asset. While working there, I was given excellent support by my management team.
Productive and fun workplace
Mortgage Lending Non-Performing Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 2, 2018
A typical includes working hard to provide the perfect client experience. I have learned how to put my something in others' shoes in order to give better empathy. The hardest part of the job is getting the clients to truly listen and focus on what's important to get their loans back in good standings. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you are able to help save one's home from foreclosure.
Pros
Free gym use
Cons
Clutter portal
Great part-time position that valued the contribution that retirees brought.
Statement Rendering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2018
I worked at a position that required 2-3 days per month. All my co-workers were retirees tasked with mailing tens of thousands of month end statements, matching statements with cancelled checks and assembling per customer requirements. Exceptional company to work for as we were treated as valued full-time employees, enjoying all the team building and taking all the training a full time employee would take. Unfortunately this position was moved to another state in a cost cutting move.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Informative and pleasant place to work for the most part
Branch Information Call Associate I (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 29, 2018
1) a typical day at work: coming into the building, signing in to all my necessary computer applications and interaction with peers

2) what I learned: how to service internal customers (tellers, branch managers, relationship managers, area operations officers, etc) ie.advising how to open accounts, balancing of teller drawers and ATM's

3) management: management genuinely wanted to help you excel and took an interest in resolving any struggles that you may be encountering

4) workplace culture: good interaction with peers

5) the hardest part of the job: learning and knowledge of BB&T specific policies and procedures ( where and when to locate the information)

6)the most enjoyable part of the job: speaking with my clients
Pros
Team recognition
Cons
poor HVAC system--always chilly (approx. 65 degrees in my area of the building)
Productive workplace with a set schedule
BRANCH BANKER II (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 29, 2018
A typical work day was very detailed on what to do at what time of day. The inside work revolved around the clients and peak times for serving clients. I learned the flow of the banking process and how each bank can have its own flow when it comes to processing transactions. The hardest part of the job was when we were shorthanded. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting off by 6:15pm during the week and having most weekends off. It allowed for a balance in life.
Operations Specialist II, Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2018
BB&T is a great place to work. They promote diversity and they reward hard work. BB&T is a big bank but truly has a small bank feel for the clients and the associates.
Former Branch Banker in South Carolina
Branch Banker II (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJune 28, 2018
The work/ life balance is great and the day to day duties were good. They pay is great for someone like myself with no college degree. The management in my area was horrible.
Good benefits, low leadership
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2018
Salary desk job w Internet access, benefits, health and 401 k! I have learned a lot about banking and finances, it isn’t the career I look forward to in the morning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BB&T.

Powered by Comparably