BB&T Employee Reviews

Found 2,239 reviews matching the search See all 2,247 reviews
No career path.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Unless you live in NC or VA, you'll be frustrated as a F/A. BB&T is not the dominant banking brand in most markets and has unusually risk-adverse clients. Base pay in not competitive and the ability to build your practice is limited. However, if your goal is work for the better players in your marketplace go to BB&T, but keep looking. Don't rely on the banking associates to make you day. Bank based F/As are a dying bread in most metro areas.
Pros
Paycheck and benefits
Cons
Unless you're the lead dog, the view doesn't change.
Call center
Collector (Former Employee) –  Lumberton NcJanuary 18, 2019
I loved the actual job itself but the people, were so hard to get alone with and fake. Pros I like being able to help clients, the volunteer time, time off for school events, PTO. The hours sucked M-W 11-9 Thursday 8-5 (that day was for extremely delinquent accounts pressure work day) Friday would be overtime if needed (mainly last half of the year) and either Saturday 8-1 or Sunday 4-9 which you would definitely get fussed out for calling on a Sunday, like we wanted to be there working instead of M-F 8-5
Because part time would come in M-TH 5-9 & weekend day
Never understood why have double coverage and leave out all those daytime hours for collections
Although, during a meeting with CEO it was said that these hours had been tested and Bbt feels they give good work home life
It was unfortunate my dream job turned out not to be what I dreamed at all.
High pressure working conditions
Small Business Specialist/AVP (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 16, 2019
8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri. Some early morning or evening meetings and events. Travel required for most training.
Learned about working with business and commercial clients and meeting their needs.
Way too much pressure from management. Their bonuses ride on the backs of everyone below them.
Expect you to sell products and services to clients though they may not qualify for or want them just to meet sales goals.
Workplace culture is great but it seems that since headquarters is in NC, things are run differently in other markets further away. The BB&T motto is "All we see is you" but really all they see is profit and not what is best for the customer.
Too many products and services.
The hardest part of the job is meeting unrealistic sales goals in certain markets and doing more and more of back office's job.
The most enjoyable part is working with clients, meeting them, getting to know them, and helping them become more successful in their businesses.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Micromanagement, number of calls and meetings, health insurance is not as good as you would expect, back office support is lacking, too much of the job was doing tasks that another department could do to free up time, not very flexible with client decisions, they only want the perfect customer and all the others can go somewhere else
BB and T
International Operations FX Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2019
My typical work day was very fast paced, dealing with clients via phone, email and etc. I learned about our foreign exchange area, processing client wires and etc.

Management was good, but could always be better. Work place culture was good.

Hardest part of the job was working with our internal operating systems that were very old, cira late 1990's.

My enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers. Very good people.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Operating systems need updating.
Stressful
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJanuary 12, 2019
Benefits ok building outdated bathrooms need repairs get off work at midnight no security hard to get advancements hard to get pay raises computer systems out dated
Good learning experience
IT Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 11, 2019
Learned a lot from all the knowledgeable peers in the company. Great people and customers. Not very much travel was required for the job and when it was, it was a short trip.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
no room for advancement
Department is not great
Construction Loan Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Current department focuses more on reports than customer service. Management does not take into account the knowledge and experience of the staff, they only consider numbers on a spreadsheet.
Mediocre
Portfolio Risk Officer - Governmental Finance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2019
BB&T is a very slow-paced, mediocre company. The big corporate culture and strict rules hinder development and advancement. They are also super cheap on everything and it is likely you will be paid well below average.

BB&T is great if you want a chill work environment and just get by. There is almost too much job security. The only way to get fired is to do something unethical.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay, advancement, management, cheapness
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 11, 2019
BB&T is an exceptional company to work for. The benefits are fantastic and employees are recognized for good work. Every day morning meetings are conducted to update employees of the current standings of the branch and business.
Do the Right Thing
Vice President/ MARKET LEADER IV/Lender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2019
A lot of favoritisms, very shocked at this. Employees do not follow Audit systems in place. Scary. Market Leaders are promoted to SSL on how well they do loans in their branches, not on how well they can manage. No clue on the core banking system. SAD. Operationally a ticking time BOMB. Lot of turnovers.
Pros
Birthday off with pay.
Cons
A lot of inappropriate things going on.
Great place to work that trains you very well.
Branch Banker III/Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 10, 2019
This was a great place to work that had very good benefits. I was trained very well and learned a lot. The skills I learned here will be very beneficial in future jobs. The downside was the pay was low for the amount of production I put out. There was no bonus or commission but there was sales goals. I would beat my goals every time but no benefit from achieving that. Worked for a great manager though who helped me grow and learn the business.
Pros
Training
Cons
Low pay, no commission
awful
Teller (Former Employee) –  Inman, SCJanuary 8, 2019
my place of work was awful. they were rude, and very races. I felt unwanted and out numbered daily at work. it was stressful, even trying to fit in was very hard and wanted by the other tellers with me. the manager let them count me out openly. I'd never work there gain and those awful people.
One of the best banks to work for
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 8, 2019
I really have no complaints about this bank, everything was good.
workplace
Mortgage Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I am a hard worker, reliable, team player and also self motivated, when there is a task I jump right in. I get along with all my loan officers and provide a open communication working relationship.
Pros
management works well with time pressured files to meet closing dates
If you want to hate your job, apply here.
CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENRATIVE (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 6, 2019
The training is the worst. All training has been converted to virtual training so you are trained by someone in NC ( I'm in Texas) for a week. Then you are thrown out on the floor to take calls, assigned to a floor support agent for assistance with questions, and expected to give the best client experience ever. The values that are stated are not the values I have experienced with this company. The procedures change every week and you're notified of the change via email. Branch associates call and are rude to the agents and the clients. Upper management is the worst. You are forced too learn 3 different skill sets but your pay is never increased unless you are bumped up to a csr 2. I know people who have be with the company for 5 years and are just making it to be. a csr 2 so they make advancement really hard here.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
More than I care to express.
Over bearing
Sales & Service Associate/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2019
I really don’t have too much to say except the company seems really great at first. They train on webex and expect you to know everything right off the bat. God forbid you make a mistake or not have a loan in your pipeline
Bb&t is okay
Sr Business Intelligence Analyst Vice President (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2019
Management is weak. They are focused on hiring Bank of America employees in management positions. Promotion from within is rare, unless you are a graduate from the LDP program. Hard work is not rewarded unless you are in sales. Back-office people do not matter unless your a BOA person, LDP person or protected class person

BB&T is fading away because they have chosen to become more liberal.
Pros
Benefits great! Work life balance great!
Cons
Salary increases are terrible. Management is weak. Atmosphere is turning liberal
they had a ping pong table
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 4, 2019
They had a ping pong table so that was nice... the hours sucked, the pay sucked the benefits were okay. but the managers except for one were awful. They gave people a hard time for taking time for their children. The managers are two faced and no one will stay. We lost 10 people in less than 2 months.
Great Company just no local positions available for my advancement
Branch Banker IV (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2019
Great company just no local positions available for my individual advancement. Values driven corporately. CEO is amazing. Leaving to pursue a new career, hopefully in training for which no positions are available locally.
Pros
Values driven company
Cons
Salary and compensation incentives
productive and fun
Commercial Fulfillment Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 4, 2019
I liked team work experience and job training we received. The management is very encouraging and compensation and benefits are good. workplace good.
Pros
team environment
Cons
health benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight