BB&T Employee Reviews

Good place to work; the people are awesome
Account Executive/Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 7, 2018
I love my job at BB&T. The people I work with are wonderful. The job is very fast paced but rewarding at the same time. I have had the opportunity to work on very complicated accounts. The hardest and most important part of the job for me is marketing however it is the part of the job that I enjoy the most.
Benefits Administrator
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 6, 2018
Typical day was not stressful unless it was Open Enrollment. Loved my team and overall company. Only reason I left is because I had to relocate to Arizona, and working remote was not an option. Other than that I loved my job.
Great Place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 5, 2018
BB&T is a great place to work. The staff is friendly and helpful. The only gripe would be how raises are given. Other than that, great place! The staff and clients are nice for the most part.
No room for advancement
Retail Payments Exception Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 5, 2018
No room for advancement, poor compensation, overworked, stressed, poor management, drama between employees, no recognizition, slackers, overwhelming, miserable
Process oriented company
Branch Banker IV (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2018
Company is narrow focused and unable to adapt to local market needs. They set goals that are not always relevant for particular branches at the retail level. Success is evaluated on the one dimension of loans.
Pros
Consistent culture
Cons
Doesn't accept variance in local markets.
Conservative
Executive Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 2, 2018
BB&T is a fair company with competitive pay and benefits. They have great training programs for new employees and will work with you to set goals and help you achieve them.
loved my job
Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37401April 2, 2018
I would still be there if it would have had a full time opening at one location. I took deposits, did daily balancing and went from branch to branch to fill in empty slots.
Great job in the beginning
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCApril 2, 2018
The bank world can be stressful, because you are handling other peoples money and they get mad at you constantly. People hate having to show ID, do not believe they spend money and the bank somehow spends it for them. People are great to work with, but its a stressful job.
Worst place ever !!!
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 31, 2018
Management needs to be closely monitored !!!
It is more about personal agenda than betterment of the bank.
Stricter requirements needed for management roles in Facilities Management Group...mainly Data Centers.
Pros
Very Few !
Cons
Very Many !
Float teller 5+ years experience
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 29, 2018
I've been working with BB&T for over five years now. As a float teller, I have the opportunity to travel to many different branches across multiple clusters. It has been a great experience, as the position was able to accommodate my full-time university schedule. The management can be hit or miss sometimes, but that's the case anywhere. I have had zero issues with any employees, and that is saying a lot considering I've been to around 25 branches over the years. I would highly recommend working at BB&T.
bbt
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMarch 29, 2018
fair job fair pay. must be well versed in customer service and willing to learn new processes constantly. if you love people this is a great job. must be patient and willing to exercise authority.
Excellent company
Marketing Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 28, 2018
I was hired to work in a temporary position. It is an excellent company. Well run. I worked on the Marketing Design and Implementation Team. I had a specific project to complete and had excellent leadership.
great place to work
Banker I (Former Employee) –  Socastee, SCMarch 27, 2018
It is a very team environment, there was not too much pressure like most sales positions. The job was relaxed and the boss was enjoyable. It was a great opportunity to build customer service skills
Overall a good place to work. Wonderful benefits.
Employment Consultant IV (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 27, 2018
A typical day would include: interviewing, talking to hiring managers, sourcing candidates, New Employee Orientation, training, answering phone calls, attending job fairs and open houses, planning for recruitment events, updating reports, tracking all candidates.
Pros
I enjoyed my job and my coworkers.
Cons
A lot of pressure.
WAS a good place to work...
Area Operations Officer - Compliance (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 26, 2018
until they began being corporate instead of more community minded. I loved the family that was formed working at BB&T but you always had to watch out for number 1.
Insurance
Commercial Lines Agent (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 26, 2018
BB&T is great. The managers are incredible people and you'd be lucky to work for them. The only issues are compensation and cost of benefits. If you are young and it's your first job, I can't think of a better place to work. 37.5 hour work week, flexible schedules, AMAZING managers and low stress. All of that comes with low end compensation. There is room to grow and make decent money for the top 5% of producers but it takes a minimum of 2 years before you can build your pipeline.
Pros
Culture, Management
Cons
Pay, Cost of benefits
Strong company, poor local leadership
Branch Banker (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 25, 2018
BB&T as a company is a strong company. Regionally, leadership is lacking. I would not recommend the branch level or teller/branch banker level unless your management team is awesome.
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
schedules, lack of work-life balance, dishonest or untrustworthy management
Productive work atmosphere
Strong negotiation skills as acting intermediary (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMarch 25, 2018
Excellent opportunity for career growth
Education opportunities available
Management listens to new ideas
Offers strategic work counseling
Flexible work hours
Great benefits
stressful work enviroment
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 22, 2018
BB&T was an incredibly stressful and low tech bank. very behind technilogically. the manager i had was very mean and confrontational. would yell and curse at employees.
Overall an average company to work
Senior IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 22, 2018
Just too many employees chasing too few opportunities.

And heaven forbid you cultivate a relationship outside of your "segment" with someone who wanted to do business with you.
Which boiled down to something akin the caste system in india, completely shut down by management and had to literally hand prospects to other people after doing a significant amount of work. Only to be told time and time there would be reciprocation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight