BB&T Employee Reviews

Quality Review Analyst
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDMarch 21, 2018
No room for growth. My job was transferred. Management did not attempt to see what could be done to keep my job and allow me to work in a telework capacity.
Great Company
Branch Banker (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 20, 2018
Great company to work for. Good benefits. Values driven. Safe and Secured company. Decent compensation. Outstanding management. Good opportunity for job advancement.
Company without direction
Sr. Loan Admin. & Credit Standards Admin. Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 20, 2018
Company is struggling greatly with it's identity. BB&T has grown significantly in the last few years and has lost focus on the basics of banking execution. This has led to in-fighting and turmoil. New managers have been elevated into positions where they are producing little in the way of improvement but causing disruption. Politics are the most prevalent at any time during the past 20 years. RIFs have occurred which appear to have been based upon management prejudice and favoritism and not performance. Many associates are frustrated with managements profession of transparency but within the work ranks there is little. Within certain departments associates are completely in the dark on their future roles.
Pros
Good brand and markets
Cons
Out of focus leadership, lack of clear vision, strategy is weak
Too many cooks in the kitchen
BB and T Investments (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2018
Just too many employees chasing too few opportunities.

And heaven forbid you cultivate a relationship outside of your "segment" with someone who wanted to do business with you.
Which boiled down to something akin the caste system in india, completely shut down by management and had to literally hand prospects to other people after doing a significant amount of work. Only to be told time and time there would be reciprocation.

Combined with archaic tech systems and an aging and almost completely of touch senior management i left.

This regional bank continues to make the takeover lists year after year
But for some reason no one is buying
Pros
Health insurance is top notch
Cons
No real opportunities unless you work for their "other"BD.
Ok place to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 19, 2018
I really don't have much to say about working here. Staff was great. Other than that, I really have nothing else to say about this company. Good work/life balance.
it was the typical call center
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMarch 19, 2018
it was the typical call center plus the added benefit of having a family atmosphere where everyone works together to reach their individual,team's, and or department's goals. i truly enjoyed my time there.
Working at BB&T
Wealth Management (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 18, 2018
Company is very client-service focused and goes to great lengths to push this. Mostly laid-back environment (depends on your group/department).
It can be difficult to advance though (career-paths not always clearly defined, or offered).
Good fast paced environment
ATM Teller/New Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 16, 2018
Great place to work for & they train you if you have no prior experience. Just had trouble with branch manager & being valued for the work you provide.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not really valued / just a number
Very busy workplace with not enough staffing .
TELLER /SENIOR TELLER/ BRANCH BANKER II (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLMarch 16, 2018
Company in itself is a good company to work for as far as health benefits, 401k, pension and vacation time. They provide very good training also. The only thing that this company is lacking is staff. More staffing means happier clients.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Not enough staffing for much client traffic.
CEO needs to go
Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 16, 2018
I used to think highly of BB&T and I can say they have generally a great team of associates but the talk about their mission and values doesn’t line up with reality. Take for example the notion that our employees are our best asset. If that’s true why were thousands of veteran employees laid off in 2017? Why was the CEO’s compensation increased in March of 2018 by 9%? It all comes down to greed plain and simple.
Production sales goals are no longer realistic and whoa to those that question the unreasonable goals. They are marked as nay sayers and marked for elimination or early retirement.
Pros
People
Cons
Executive management
alright, but not great
Teller (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 15, 2018
I really don
t have much to say about this company. It was fun to work there but it was so long ago that I have nothing specific to say. The beach was nice.
Very good place to work
Cluster Market Leader II (Current Employee) –  Chestertown, MDMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at BB&T and it is a are decision to leave but my current situation and work life balance is suffering. The overall culture and expectations are realistic.
learn
Community Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2018
The company dose not take the time to train the employees on the things they sell. The employee is held to and expectation that can they have goals and do not.
Pros
Experence
Cons
training
annoying and stressfull
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJMarch 14, 2018
management was terrible- he was never present physically or for moral support. this company is run solely by the employees- the moment you ask for help you are directed to figure things out your self. they are a mini Wells Fargo in the making and on their way to a major law suit.
Pros
manager isnt around
Cons
manager isnt around
Good place to work with the right team
Branch Banker I (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 14, 2018
As long as you have supportive management and co workers that are team players you will have an amazing career with BB&T. Benefits are great and they give you ample paid time off during the year.
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 14, 2018
Great people to work with. Fair pay as well as great culture. Would love more advancement opportunities, but overall its a great place to work learn and grow.
Nice Compensation; Dysfunctional Organization
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 14, 2018
Compensation and benefits were good, but it is a community bank at heart. Complex/corporate banking and lending is still a challenge for the organization; therefore, it is not the best place for those developing careers in large C&I or Business Credit. Organizational structure too fragmentary with the Regional template making it difficult to implement directives from corporate.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Fiefdom management culture within individual regions.
Good emmployment overall; no longer desiring to work a night shift
PROCESSING SERVICES REMITTANCE ASSOCIATE I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, North CarolinaMarch 12, 2018
Working in a production setting where my attention to detail and repetition was exercised. Grateful for the position, seeking advancement into a more administrative role on a day shift. The workplace culture for me, was a bit too relaxed with a lack of managerial professionalism. I enjoyed the challenge of completing my workload on a daily basis.
Pros
better than average benefits
Cons
sedentary/night shift
I did not work for this company long
Contractor - Debit Card Fraud Monitor (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 12, 2018
I applied for this company and was told I would have the schedule that I applied and interviewed for, later after I was granted the position they changed the schedule to a completely different set of hours and days of the week than what I had originally agreed to, due to schedule conflicts I had to resign from the position.
Worse places are out there.
Teller (Former Employee) –  SoutheastMarch 9, 2018
There are worse places to work. If you want to work in an environment that doesn't allow for error and only cares about what you can do for them, then this is the place for you. Worked for 20 years and was let go because of errors. Human errors due to being under-staffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight