BB&T Employee Reviews

Working Enviroment
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 30, 2018
BB&T was a great place to work overall. It provided you with opportunity for advancement. Had meetings two to three times a month. Provided a great working environment and constant training.
Pros
Always encouraged to learn
Cons
It should have kept the Roanoke Customer Service Center opened
BB&T is an overall good company
Branch Banker II (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 29, 2018
BB&T is a very good company to work for, however antiquated IT infrastructure continually has problems, every day there is a new focus which prevents employees from working prior focus areas. This essentially meant that everything was a "focus" area, thereby meaning nothing was a priority.
Low pay but good benefits
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2018
Great benefits but little opportunity for advancement.

-Not the best instruction
-lots of meetings
-long days
-low pay
-not a high pressure culture
Pros
Free insurance if your healthy
Cons
Low pay
Productive work place.
Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed being able to fix customers banking issues to make their days or vacations more peaceful. Working with all types of money issues gave me a lot of knowledge about finances.
great environment and culture
Commercial Credit Risk Review Officer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 23, 2018
Overall, the company provides a great workplace culture and treats its employees well. Very much a team environment with great benefits and growth opportunities.
Learned a great deal while working there
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 23, 2018
Fast paced environment. Work load can be overloaded at times. Pleasant coworkers. Most enjoyable part is working from home.
May sure there is a paper trail from anyone that gives you any assignment.
Pros
Casual Mondays & Fridays
Cons
A lot of interruptions
Fast paced
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCApril 20, 2018
Processing banking duties; staying busy; promoting banking services; stressful with handling large amounts of currency and seeing that everything is correct with customers accounts.
Productive work environment with room to grow
PREMIUM FINANCE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2018
Working for BB&T at their AFCO location for many years was the best work experience I could have had. It was a busy fast paced environment with a strong culture for providing the best customer service for their clients. External as well as internal. BB&T values the voice of their employees on how they can do things better and are always looking for ways to improve.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the team that I was able to work with. Very supportive as well as being focused as a team to get the job done.
Great Bank
Commercial Specialist Group AML Specialist, VP (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 17, 2018
I love working for this Bank. Everyone from the CEO down to your direct manager care about you as an individual and care to see you succeed. They encourage continual education.
Was a great place to work until got too big and devalued their employees
Senior Commercial Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 17, 2018
I loved working there when they first took over. They are GREAT at training, their down fall is that they preach "Perfect Client Experience" yet they do not staff their branches anymore in order to give their clients the perfect experience. Just make them mad for lack of customer service.
Good pay for the job title
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 17, 2018
BB&T gave good salary and benefits for an entry-level call center position. Communication between upper management and tank and file employees about some of the basic requirements of the job was always an issue, though.
Loved my job
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAApril 17, 2018
Loved meeting new people and being able to help them. The drive was a bit much but worth it. Advancement was a bonus. Management fluctuated at times.
Pros
Loved learning more
Cons
Driving
Good Company but your ML will make you or break you
Branch Banker III (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 13, 2018
I worked at 3 different branches at BB&T and in the first 2 things where great, unfortunately in the Altamonte Springs branch the manager sucked and it made me hate my job. There are 2 kinds of employees at that branch, the ones she likes and the ones she doesn't, if she likes you you will get all kinds of benefits like showing up late for work or not meeting any referral goals with no punishment whats however, if she doesn't, get ready because you will be writen up for any little thing. Things seem to be a lot better if you are in the North FL region ve Central FL
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Branch Banker goals in certain branches can be unrealistic
overall, BB&T is a family oriented fun place
Zero Hour Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2018
This company is an amazing place to start a career. The company is super friendly and they also make the best out of a work day. I was a teller supervisor and it honestly opened my personality. it made me a better individual.
Good place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCApril 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for bb&t, they took care of their employees and treated you with respect. They always made sure you had the proper training necessary to perform your duties.
Work at BB&T
Senior Teller/Banker (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAApril 10, 2018
Great place to work at. Get to work with excellent peers and as a team. Ability to work independently. Collaborating with your team to achieve goals.
MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR III (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2018
Lacks consistency and reliability. Management makes apparent favoritism allowances. Micro manages but from individual office. Hides behind a computer, not accessible nor approachable. Manipulative management staff. Management focus too heavily on the wrong aspect of job and company. Minimal support. Lacks knowledge.
great pay
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76018April 10, 2018
when i was in my undergrad i worked here and it was good for the amount of money i need to help pay for college. when i was leaving they made sure that i was taken care of.
great coworkers
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 10, 2018
I had a great time working there. I Knew the customers by name. I miss my coworkers a lot. The company just did not pay enough to make a living in my area.
Poor management and training
Branch Banker I (Former Employee) –  hanover paApril 9, 2018
It was ok to work there if you wanted a different shift every week. management leaves a lot to be desired as they are cluster managers whom are never around for their people or branches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.